[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was under the impression that Maknae was the name Koreans nominate the youngest in a family.  Why does widowed 'mum(on)ster' call the halmony that constantly?  Is it a mistake on the dramafever translator's part or can you actually call your very own sweet oldest hag in the family as you would the baby born?

@Beekinga In fact, the grandmother's name is Mak Re, so I suppose it's a typo. As you know, Koreans don't really use names while adressing each other, so she is probably called mother-in-law, but some translators use the names of the characters instead. Maybe the translator didn't remember the name of the character and that's why it's Maknae instead of Mak Re.

The subs from MBC and Dramafever always calls their character by their names.You can hear " hyung, hyungnim, hyungbu, maknae, keun oppa, halmoni, agassi, unni etc " AND they still use the character's names. Drives me nuts sometimes. Nowadays I just ignore it.

This is the preview for episode 17 :

준호는 미령에게 내쳐지고도 미령을 옹호하는 순신이 답답하고, 이제 자신만의 방법으로 순신을 키우겠다 결심한다. 미령은 준호와 순신을 보며 연아에게 자기 감정에 솔직해지라고 충고한다. 유신은 찬우와 첫 데이트에 설레고, 까페에서는 이벤트에 당첨되어 다정한 사진도 찍는데, 여전히 동네에서는 들킬까 전전긍긍한다. 혜신은 집 앞에 찾아온 시어머니에게 구박을 당하고 보다못한 진욱이 도와주는데, 혜신은 집에 이혼 사실을 비밀에 부쳐달라 부탁하는데...

someone who can translate it? pleaaaase?

Beekinga said: I was under the impression that Maknae was the name Koreans nominate the youngest in a family.  Why does widowed 'mum(on)ster' call the halmony that constantly?  Is it a mistake on the dramafever translator's part or can you actually call your very own sweet oldest hag in the family as you would the baby born?

with google translation.

Junho SS dapdaphago, advocating Mei - Mei - getting Snatcher own way now,, decides will raise the SS. Mei - watching Junho SS, Yuna advice is to be honest in his feelings.No panicking affectionate pictures of winning the event Restoration the seolrego on First Dates chanwoo, and cafes to take a still in the neighborhood deulkilkka. Hae - Shin Hae - Shin being worse than jinuk, the abused mother-in-law came to the front of the house helping in the house, divorce, kept secret the fact that different to ask ...

Guest Fidelity

^ I think you meant 'mother-in-law' but she is indeed abusive to Hyeshin, maybe 'monster-in-law' works too...

I'll just do the full translation here to convey the details:
solucu said: This is the preview for episode 17 :

준호는 미령에게 내쳐지고도 미령을 옹호하는 순신이 답답하고, 이제 자신만의 방법으로 순신을 키우겠다 결심한다. 미령은 준호와 순신을 보며 연아에게 자기 감정에 솔직해지라고 충고한다. 유신은 찬우와 첫 데이트에 설레고, 까페에서는 이벤트에 당첨되어 다정한 사진도 찍는데, 여전히 동네에서는 들킬까 전전긍긍한다. 혜신은 집 앞에 찾아온 시어머니에게 구박을 당하고 보다못한 진욱이 도와주는데, 혜신은 집에 이혼 사실을 비밀에 부쳐달라 부탁하는데...

someone who can translate it? pleaaaase?

Guest lucky_moon

I'm all up with this drama finally cuz l cant miss KBS weekend dramas they are always the best & I enjoyed the storyline and acting, its always where the rookie stars start and shine, so lts the ideal start for Jo Jungsuk specially that he is pairing with IU.

Guest ychase007

@Fidelity - Thank You for the translation. You Rock!

In other words, what a tangled web we weave. I don't understand why Miryoung is unaware that SS is her daughter, she cannot be that obtuse look how easily she recognized SS talents. I hope they don't play the mother lost routine to much - hopefully once Mom sheds light of the situation to SS, she will let it all hangout >> warts and all and we can move the trajectory of this story in the positive uphill fashion that it has thus far.

Say No to idiotic monkey wrenches lol
@-)

Maybe ep 17 onwards we will see a lot more interactions b/w JH and SS (since JH seems to have decided to train SS himself). Yeahhhhhh! I cant wait for their awkward moments. Cute awkward moments!!!!!

Guest dramagrandma

ychase007 said: @Fidelity - Thank You for the translation. You Rock!

In other words, what a tangled web we weave. I don't understand why Miryoung is unaware that SS is her daughter, she cannot be that obtuse look how easily she recognized SS talents. I hope they don't play the mother lost routine to much - hopefully once Mom sheds light of the situation to SS, she will let it all hangout >> warts and all and we can move the trajectory of this story in the positive uphill fashion that it has thus far.

Say No to idiotic monkey wrenches lol
@-)

Guest tabitha2

soon shin will not want to be the kind of actress or women, in fact, who gives up her children or the man she loves to be on top. notice the cold, white mausoleum mr lives in? that is life without warmth living in an artificial world with fake, insincere and superficial people.

soon shin will end up pitying her bio mom in the end.

Archived