[Drama 2013] Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek 광고천재 이태백

Felicia Soh

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fantast1k1

“Anyone can make a mistake, but what you do afterwards is what makes you different” – GeniusTB to Ha Rang  from episode 9 =D>

Felicia Soh said: this scene where I am curious to know whether he addressed her as “Baek Coffee Sshi” or was it “Baek Copy Sshi”? I think “Copy” should be appropriate since she is a Copywriter.  EDIT : Just confirmed through Episode 5 - the subs referred JY as "BAEK COFFEE"...sorry for the confusion.

Guest racing.pulse

Isn't it almost a pun? Sounds like both are not incorrect. In Korea the "f" sound is often pronounced like a "p". When he was deciding how best to address her, he decided on "Baek Coffee"/Baek Copy but other employees call her Baek Copy too because of her occupation, like Team Leader Lee, Representative Kang, etc.

racing.pulse

said: Isn't it almost a pun? Sounds like both are not incorrect. In Korea the "f" sound is often pronounced like a "p". When he was deciding how best to address her, he decided on "Baek Coffee"/Baek Copy but other employees call her Baek Copy too because of her occupation, like Team Leader Lee, Representative Kang, etc.

To ALL who responded on the "Baek Coffee/Copy" issue - I honestly do not know which is the correct one since both sides of the meaning actually make sense to relate to BJY's character. I think it's going to be tough to find out which one is correct since "coffee" and "copywriter" in hangul is of the same character ie   카피 / 카피라이터 . As of yesterday's episode (5) in KBSW, they refer her as "Baek Coffee" and who knows in few episodes down the line they may revert to "Baek Copy" as in the case of PK to BK Group.  Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Rating for Episode 11 - 3.5% (AGB Nielsen)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whoa....what is Dr. Choi from (My Daughter Seo Young) doing in AGLTB? Interestingly, I notice some of the actors who participated in one of KBS productions will be invited to play cameo in the current production.  Choi Jung-won who played JHJ's father was also in MDSY. Some captures from Episode 11 focusing on guest actor, Shim Hyung-taek

Source : KBS

36900.jpg

36901.jpg

36902.jpg

March 12, 2013
Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek Episode 11: Giant Loses To Their Competition With BK Ad On Shim Hyung Tak's Furniture Ad
Posted by Eunsuh00 Koreandrama.com
The new company Giant suffered their first defeat in BK Ad’s hands in a furniture advertisement.
Director Ahn (Shim Hyung-tak) of the Youngwon Furniture, a trend-setter and a refined man of tastes, comes to the Giant with a lucrative ad request after seeing the company’s ‘Everest Ad’. Eun-hee’s research of Ahn reveals him to be a highly capable man, with standards to match his capabilities.
Giant prepares their draft, and presents them, but true to his dizzying standards, Ahn turns down the ad. Tae-baek (Jin Gu) asks Ahn to give them a second chance, when Ahn decides to refer the ad to the BK.
Giant and BK is allowed to compete for Ahn’s advertisement. BK, however, has prepared well for their comeback, analyzing the difficult director from head to toe and offering a comprehensive package complete with furniture collaborations and special designs.
Director Ahn chooses BK over Giant, and Giant loses for the first time to BK. However, Ahn did have other motivations than quality, as he was seen calling the BK group and confirming the deal.
BK’s president, Baek (Jang Yong), had offered a deal to Ahn to choose BK over Giant, to make his daughter Ji-yoon (Park Ha-sun) come back. Ahn, however, reveals that he would have chosen BK over Giant even without Baek’s deal.
2013031201341018_1_rstarkja.jpg

March 12, 2013
Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek Episode 11: Han Chae Young Sheds Tears At The Warm Encouragements of Jin Gu's Grandmother
20130311_1363009947_40327800_1.jpg

Go Ari (Han Chae-young) shed tears at the warm encouragement of Tae-baek (Jin Gu)’s grandmother Kwan-soon (Jung Young-sook).
Ari attends the opening of the new company Giant, with Tae-baek as one of its starting members. Ari goes to say hello to Tae-baek’s family, and sees So-ran (Han Sunhwa) and Kwan-soon.
So-ran is quite disapproving of Ari’s treatment of Tae-baek, and snidely remarks “why are you so friendly suddenly? Just live your life like how you used to”. Kwan-soon, however, is different. Kwan-soon says, “I’ve heard of your story. You had your own reasons to do that. I feel like you’re my own granddaughter. Eat well and take care of you”.
Ari sheds tears at the unexpected encouragements of Kwan-soon.

March 11, 2013
"Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek" Han Chae-yeong does what she has to for Jin Goo
Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net
Han Chae-yeong who dumped her old boyfriend Jin Goo for specs, did her part for him.
On the eleventh episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek" Ah-ri (Han Chae-young) felt the family love of Tae-baek (Jin Goo) and cried.
She attended the Giants Opening ceremony and greeted So-ran (Sunhwa) and Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek's family. Ah-ri erased her past for spec laundering and dumped the boyfriend who waited for her for years. So-ran wasn't happy with Tae-baek still being unable to forget the girl who dumped him.
So-ran was cynical about Ah-ri and asked, "Why are you being nice all of a sudden. Just be". Gwan-soon (Jeong Yeong-sook) was different. She said, "I heard what you did. You must've had a reason of your own. You are like my grandchild. Take care of yourself and be well". Ah-ri was moved and she cried, meanwhile, Tae-baek who watched this seemed complicated.
However, what they were was in the past and they were walking down their own paths. Tae-baek was seeing Ji-yoon (Park Ha-seon) but Ah-ri wasn't showing any progress with Eddie (Jo Hyeon-jae).

March 12, 2013
Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek Episode 11: Go Chang Seok Fires Park Ha Sun From Giant At The Behest of Jang Yong
Ma Jin-ga (Go Chang-seok) fired Baek Ji-yoon (Park Ha-sun) after knowing that she was the daughter of BK group.
President Baek (Jang Yong) of BK goes to see his daughter Ji-yoon, to persuade her to return to BK. Despite his efforts, Ji-yoon refuses, and Baek uses his final card in his hand to make her come back.One day, Jin-ga and Tae-baek (Jin Gu) gets a visit from a man, who claims to have come from the BK and asking them to meet the President Baek of BK”.
Jin-ga and Tae-baek plays along, and ends up in the BK group. Baek calls Jin-ga to the office, and asks him to “fire Baek Ji-yoon”. Jin-ga is taken aback, and replies “she’s a stalwart and hard worker”. President Baek silences him, however, with the words “she’s my daughter”.
Jin-ga is shocked. Ji-yoon meets him in the company, having followed them, and asks “what happened?” Jin-ga replies, “you’re fired, Ms. Baek Ji-yoon”.
201303112315302510_1.jpg

Archived