French Songs

kiki

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listen to

minimum serious

celine dion (pour que tu m'aimes encore)

and a really cute song is "mon cabaret" by sofia essaides (sp?)

awh and i like this old french singer elsa! shes really good!

oh and joe dassin

Guest reversible

if you like rnb rap and stuff

try downloading

Assia

if you like old school french music try out Mylene Farmer

Kate Ryan (she's not actually french, but Belgian and Belgians do speak french so yeah) she good if you like the dance pop

Mylène Farmer is not really "old school" :unsure:

It's true that she hadn't done anything spectacular these last years, but it's not like Sylvie Vartan ! :D

(and Mylène Farmer was (is ?) quite provocative)

Guest sky; blue

I love Amel Bent.<3 She's my favourite French singer, then comes the band KYO.:]

I personally recommend the following: Amel Bent - Ma Philosophie; Le Droit a l'Erreur; Ne Retiens Pas Tes Larmes && KYO - Dernière Danse; Le Chemin (feat. Sita).

Guest lavitadolce

leslie ft bobby valentino- accorde moi

-the first french song ive ever heard. & its really good

*well actually half french; her part's in french bobby v's in english =]

Guest Korean_chick

Depends what kind of music you like but right now, all I can think of is:

Lorie

Lara Fabien (the french songs of course)

Celine Dion (the french songs again)

Natasha St-Pierre [i like "Tu trouveras"]

• 3 weeks later...

i like camillie. she has a fresh indie sound.

francoise hardy is my all time favorite french singer. can't go wrong with any of her songs.

les nubians are a french R&B duo, their remake of Sade's famous " sweetest taboo " is excellen. a must-listen.

i just recently got two nouvelle vague album, very good. a punk bossa nova sound.

les nubians are sick. i like their sound.

you might also want to check out buck 65. he's a french canadian! haha

Guest Myss Blewm

I stumbled across Alizee's "J'ai pas vingt ans" just last week, and I really like it. I haven't downloaded any of her other songs but she's got a great voice. And the song's really catchy. :lol:

I'm not really exposed to the French music scene, but from what I've heard, I really enjoy it. When I used to work at a radio station, I would always play some of my favorite French songs.

I like the music by Paris Combo, Mathieu Boogaerts, and Amélie-Les-Crayons. Give them a try if you wish. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm...my French teacher bought in one of her CDs in once.

Someone already mentioned the song, she chose to play "Je Cours" and gave us the lyrics, translating as we went along.

I wanted to check out more Kyo songs but I don't know which are good and I don't want to have any songs with bad lyrics in them >< *usually goes to random translation sites*

Anyways, the song you might say is a lil emo. But it's more real than some of the junk played around here. It's about a kid bullied in school.

The chorus goes something like "I run every day"...can't remember the rest.

arf, I can't say that I love Kyo (in fact it's the complete opposite :unsure: ) but Dernière danse was OK, and the lyrics are sometime good, IMHO.

If you like it, I can translate it to you. I don't know how it will look like in english, but I can try :wacko:

(euh, yep... I can't translate everything, so don't request ^^)

(except for Emilie Simon :blush: )

Archived