French Songs

kiki

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

Not a French band I don't think, but I really like this song. Pink Martini - Sympatique.

The lyrics aren't too difficult so you should get the jist of the lyrics if you know a bit of French. And it's fun to sing along to as well :D

And of course - Brigitte Bardot - Moi je joue

This is a real upbeat song. Feel like I want to dance when I hear it xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqq-jHV5huI

It was in that perfume advert for Dior too.

Guest toGETherONE

One of favs were from Tragédie ~ Hey Oh, then Saya ~ Je Pense A Toi. I like Amel Bent's genre too. I like the duet version Pham Quynh Anh & Marc Lavoine ~ J'espère.

• 2 months later...
Guest tratout.me

Yelle has great party music.

Riot in Belgium is another personal favourite.

If you want really soulful music, I'm not the person to ask.

But my Quebecois friend won't mind giving some suggestions if I ask.

Bonne chance, mes ami(e)s.

Guest mangchilo

I definitely recommend Zaho. She's fricking awesome!

Seconded. I really like Zaho's album, too, and I liked her feature in Cheb Mami's song "Halili" better than Elissa's in the version completely in Arabic. I hope she releases a sophomore album soon! I like Corneille, too, speaking of R&B and pop singers from Quebec.

Some of my favorite songs in French are actually by artists in or originally from Africa. I like a lot of the "rai-n-b" type stuff with French/Arabic collaborations that's been coming out of France and Algeria for about the past half decade (Example:

or 113, Magic System & Mohamed Lamine - Un gaou a Oran), Magic System (mixture of French and Yoruba), a few of Jessy Matador's songs (LOL don't kill me for that one, people), Amadou et Mariam (some songs in French and some not), the recent songs "Jeu 2 mains" by Patson and Awilo Longomba and "Fais Pas Ton Mytho" by Marvin and Patson, Mokobé from 113's solo album from a few years ago...There's more, but can't think of them off the top of my head. A lot of it's not really stuff to listen to to improve your textbook-style French like the OP of this thread wanted, but fun music whether you understand French or not.

Guest iamvick

Sheryfa Luna - I especially recommend 'Je Reviendrai'

Quentin Mosimann - 'Toc Toc' is really upbeat

Sexion D'assaut

Ours

Lorie

Micky Green

Archived