French Songs

kiki

Try some songs by Garou. He's pretty good. And if you feel up to it, I recommend watching the Notre Dame musical... it should be around on Youtube. It helped me a lot to sharpen up my French lol (...To this day, I still hate grammar.)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i went to france last year the singer i always saw on TV was natasha st-pier. she sings very well and is very pretty.

and someone i've been on-and-off obsessed with for a few years now is charlotte gainsbourg. she's an actress too and is just super cool.

Guest wiingz

I know a few singers, though I wouldn't suggest their songs specifically;

all their songs are good, so... just naming one would be... weird?

Fatal Bazooka- Fous ta Cagoule (it was the only one i'd heard from them xD)

Shy'm

Kyo

Guest Epikt

Fatal Bazooka- Fous ta Cagoule (it was the only one i'd heard from them xD)

The new one : Mauvaise-foi nocturne

Be careful, Fatal Bazooka isn't a real band. It was first a parodic band (of "moutain hip-hop" or something like that) that appeared in Micheal Youn's TV show "Morning live" (here is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hm_h4XeGAE, the song begin at 2'45"). It's (was ?) a very famous show in France. Their most famous running gag was to scream in a megaphone (named "Jean-louis") the slogan of the show ("Morning live, l'émission qui réveille tes voisins" = "Morning live, the show that wakes your neighbors") in public places : here is an english subbed extract (sorry, it's an awful translation made by a french guy ^^).

They did others parodic songs, the most famous are the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPbv6I1lwA, stupid slovakistanian boys-band.

Can someone please recommend me a French pop song..? or R&B...like the song w/ Leslie ft Bobby Valentino "Accorde Moi" it doesn't have to have English & don't forget to add pop music! thanks :) by the way, i just started listening to French songs few days ago and i really like it now!

Guest eternalesnow

Kyo is my fav French band and this is one of my fav Kyo songs:

Derniere Danser

Totally agree! Kyo is awesome! I also like their songs "Contact" and "Comment Te Dire"

The Notre Dame musical was amazing also, if you like something more ballad-y, especially "Les Temps des Catherales".

Alizee is a nice female pop-ish singer. "A Coutre Courant", "J'en ai Marre" are my two most favorite songs from her.

Guest eternalesnow

If you want a male pop singer, Christophe Willem released a song called "Double Jeu" - he is the fourth winner of Nouvelle Star (the french version of American Idol)

Can someone please recommend me a French pop song..? or R&B...like the song w/ Leslie ft Bobby Valentino "Accorde Moi" it doesn't have to have English & don't forget to add pop music! thanks :) by the way, i just started listening to French songs few days ago and i really like it now!

Willy Denzey

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WZfdHYRtCss

Number One (live)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dA5dS_JQ-Lg

Sexy Honey

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lilmariah35

grand corps malade- les voyages en train

marilou- chante, tu es comme ça, danser sur la lune

celine dion- immensité, je ne vous oublie pas

garou

Guest Alice_Draconus

I can't think of any song titles off the top of my head but I highly suggest the singer Mademoiselle K! <3

Guest pinkstripes

Can anyone recommend me a couple of those old French love songs? They're so beautiful but I don't know what to listen to.

Guest lilmariah35

Joe Dassin- i don't have a specific song to recommand you but "Aux champs-elysées" is good (L'amérique; et si tu n'existais pas)

Dalida-paroles, paroles, paroles; avec le temps; gigi l'amoroso

Gérard Lenormand- la ballade des gens heureux vidéo Lyrics

Francis Cabrel- je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai (i love this song!!!)

lyrics Je l'aime à mourir (a very sweet song!!) vidéo lyrics

Jean-jacques goldman- au bout de mes rêves; là-bas

Garou- demande au soleil; Je n'attendais que vous; gitan; que l'amour est violent

Mike Brant- Qui saura; (all his songs are great)

Archived