✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

On 19/2/2016 at 11:18 PM, h_heartstrings said:

An article come out regarding Sohyun resemblances with actress Son Yejin. And there's a comment that caught my attention. 

-Posted February 18, 2016 @ 7:37 pm

Kim Sohyun gives the vibe of a kind, naive Korean teenage girl. Son YeJin is one of the finest Korean actresses in the industry. There's no similarity at all. 
Kim Sohyun takes whatever role that comes to her lap. She's so over-exposed. In my view, she doesn't have the star quality that a film star like Son Ye Jin has.-

Q. Do you think Sohyun is over-exposed?

Imo, she work for the benefits of her fans so that we can see her more. She did great for her part in all dramas that most people watch a drama she's in just for her. 

Last year, right after TGWCSS, she decided to take the offer to act in WAYS2015 because it's her dream to act in School series. Then movie Unforgettable, the story is so beautiful that it will be shamed if she didnt accept it. Nightmare Teacher is her company's project like KYJ for Love Cells. Movie Princess Deokhye is her wish to act with Son Yejin. Lastly is KBS2 Page Turner, it is her chance to reunite with great writer Park who also wrote for IHYV, Dream High and so on.

As her fan i'm happy to see her over and over again but also hope she got enough rest. There's no casting news for this year at the moment, but we got 4 projects to be anticipated that she already done with the shooting. What do you think?

Woah, this is like an hater comment (not yours @h_heartstrings, your comment was very accurate)

first of all: she was casted in WAY15, she accepted just because she loved the series, why not? this was her opportunity to show she can do a double role and show her potential as an adult now;
second: she was casted for two movies, not at the same time, but one in june and the other one in september, it's not her taking all the roles she is asked to, this is her being profesional, and taking the opportunity, first acting a melo with such a beautiful story of first love and a real dream, and then she taking the role where she can act as her role model; if she didn't accept it, she would lose the opportunity on meet SYJ;
third: she did two mini dramas:  a mini series in web which haven't premiere; and the special drama where she meet again IHYV writer, oh guys she was very loved in IHYV, we all saw that) 
If I say she is over-exposed, well, no, she isn't, she is only working, maybe too much, but working, she is a child actress making a name as an adult now, i haven't watched her since WAY 15, she was doing thing and haven't premiered yet, she is doing CFs, but all the child actress are doing too, and saying that her is not SYJ level is a valid point because she is young and she is working hard for doing a name, not yesterday she was called the little Son Ye Jin, she is called like this since Man of Vendetta, she is a fan now, and she when was 12 or 11 was in more dramas than now, becouse her parts were too short, thats being over-exposed to me, and even thought she is tired because we know she is, she love what she does more than anyone in the world and she love us as much as we do, and that's why she accept the roles she like and do the casting to steal them from other actress because this is her talent who made her who she is now and her humble and sincere heart.

• Like 2

On 20/02/2016 at 7:35 AM, Shiloh Jolie Pitt said:

Woah, this is like an hater comment (not yours @h_heartstrings, your comment was very accurate)

first of all: she was casted in WAY15, she accepted just because she loved the series, why not? this was her opportunity to show she can do a double role and show her potential as an adult now;
second: she was casted for two movies, not at the same time, but one in june and the other one in september, it's not her taking all the roles she is asked to, this is her being profesional, and taking the opportunity, first acting a melo with such a beautiful story of first love and a real dream, and then she taking the role where she can act as her role model; if she didn't accept it, she would lose the opportunity on meet SYJ;
third: she did two mini dramas:  a mini series in web which haven't premiere; and the special drama where she meet again IHYV writer, oh guys she was very loved in IHYV, we all saw that) 
If I say she is over-exposed, well, no, she isn't, she is only working, maybe too much, but working, she is a child actress making a name as an adult now, i haven't watched her since WAY 15, she was doing thing and haven't premiered yet, she is doing CFs, but all the child actress are doing too, and saying that her is not SYJ level is a valid point because she is young and she is working hard for doing a name, not yesterday she was called the little Son Ye Jin, she is called like this since Man of Vendetta, she is a fan now, and she when was 12 or 11 was in more dramas than now, becouse her parts were too short, thats being over-exposed to me, and even thought she is tired because we know she is, she love what she does more than anyone in the world and she love us as much as we do, and that's why she accept the roles she like and do the casting to steal them from other actress because this is her talent who made her who she is now and her humble and sincere heart.

Yes. I watched the Cultwo Show subbed in English. When the DJ said about Son Yejin, Sohyun said that there's an aura that Son Yejin has. DJ said she has the aura to but Sohyun say she did not reach that part yet. ☺ 

CULTWO SHOW ENG SUB (DAILYMOTION)

Hope Pure Love the best of luck!

Kim Sohyun for Max Movie. No. 1 Movie News.

(Do Kyungsoo among  stars who won Best 11 Rising Stars Awards)

201602261743511.jpg

201602261744261.jpg

On the road to Adulthood.

.... Kim, Yu - Jeong, about the actors of a similar age, such as Jin Ji-hee, Kim Sae-ron, Seo Shin-Ae I do not think them as rival. The group played together since the days of a child continues to feel like a team, rather than rival. Now in the process growing to the adults, with hope we grow up well.....

Source: http://m.maxmovie.com/news/news_view.asp?newsType=&page=&contain=&keyword=&mi_id=MI0101146828

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Kim So-hyun headlines tvN’s Bring It On, Ghost

KimSoHyun4.jpg

YESSSSSSSS. I’m doing an embarrassing happy dance right now. I was already pretty stoked about the new tvN webtoon adaptation Bring It On, Ghost, but now that they’ve signed Kim So-hyun (Who Are You—School 2015) on to headline as said ghostie, I couldn’t be more excited. I just love her to pieces, and think she’ll kick richard simmons (literally and figuratively) as a sassy schoolgirl ghost in the supernatural horror/rom-com.

It’s a cohabitation drama about a ghost and an exorcist; how’s that for opposites attract? The webtoon by Imins is about a 17-year-old boy who can see ghosts and decides to use his abilities to expel other people’s ghosts for a nominal fee. He puts up an ad online and takes gigs as an exorcist like it’s his after school job, and one day he meets a schoolgirl ghost who fights back. (And by fight, I mean physical knock-down brawls, comic-book-style.)

They seem intent on killing each other in that initial meeting, but during the fight they accidentally kiss, leading to a sudden tonal shift from action-suspense to romantic-comedy. The webtoon is very cute, despite the violence and the swearing (which will have to be toned way down for television anyway).

Kim So-hyun will play a 19-year-old senior who died in an accident just a day before her college entrance exam. She did nothing but study her whole life, so as a ghost she’s curious about all sorts of things. She binge-watches all the dramas she missed out on, and also becomes aware of boys for the first time. As she starts living with the exorcist boy, she’ll start getting involved in other ghosts’ lives and help them with their problems, helping them to pass on to the afterlife.

Writing is Kim Ji-sun, second writer on The Producers and I Live in Cheongdam-dong, and directing is PD Park Jun-hwa of the Let’s Eat and Rude Miss Young-ae franchises. I always did find both seasons of Let’s Eat to be unnecessarily creepy for a drama about food, so I think he’ll be really good at the spooky ghost elements. And casting for the male lead is still undecided. Um… so there’s this guy named Ji-soo

Bring It On, Ghost is set to follow Oh Hae-young Again on Mondays and Tuesdays in July.

Via DongA, IS Plus

all the media translate and all the article belongs to DramaBeans

• Like 3

But, the rumored male lead is Taecyon. the webtoon is not my cup of tea though. But i will tune for episode 1 to check. I wish they cast actor with similiar age like Kwak Dong Yeon. I totally can picture him wrestling with Kim So Hyun. or if they must cast someone from MBC at least cast Choi Woo Shik. though the age still have a big difference at least he still believable as high school and he fit loser and racy character.

It's not i hate taecyon, he is adorable on assembly, but if given a character that a bit layered i don't think he can't handle, and his body, i never see high school student has a body like him, and he suppose to be younger than sohyun character on top of that. and oh well, unless he lost some weight i can't believe he play a high school student with several part time jobs. and what i mean is I love taecyon, but i want to see Kim So Hyun drama success, so..casting director please, reconsider

Guest adikkeluangman

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kwon Yool Confirmed To Join Kim So Hyun In Ghost-Themed Drama

2PM’s Taecyeon and actor Kwon Yool will be starring alongside actress Kim So Hyun in tvN’s new webtoon adaptation “Let’s Fight Ghost” (working title).

The casting news was confirmed by tvN on May 4.

ChmfHMuUoAUdSUy.jpg

Based on a popular webtoon, “Let’s Fight Ghost” combines elements of horror, comedy, and romance. Kim So Hyun will play the female lead Kim Hyun Ji, a high school student who passes away in an accident and turns into a ghost, while Taecyeon is set to portray the male lead, exorcist Park Bong Pal.

Kwon Yool will take on the role of veterinary professor and hospital director Joo Hye Sung, a mysterious character with something to hide.

The drama is expected to start filming soon, and the premiere is scheduled to take place in July.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/04/2pms-taecyeon-and-kwon-yool-confirmed-to-join-kim-so-hyun-in-ghost-themed-drama/