✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

6 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

LOL. This is so funny. E&T is owned by So Hyun. Calling E&T of things like having poor management and lack of work ethics is like calling So Hyun of those things. Further, you ask to rescue So Hyun from E&T. What do you mean? Rescue So Hyun from herself? LOL! 

Please stop this negativity. I know there are things E&T needs to improve on but should we also direct these concerns to So Hyun herself because at the end of the day, she is the one managing her career through E&T with the help of course of some her most trusted people. 

Is ET owned by Sohyun? I know she has some shares in Kakao but Kakao is a huge company so the number of shares she has doesn’t make a dent. It’s an agency formed by some people she worked with in Sidus and herself. 

There’s no article released on how much freedom she personally has as an artist despise being one of the Co-founders of ET. Perhaps she is being guided by people she personally trust, it doesn’t mean they’re competent. Sometimes you trust people too much that it can detrimentally affect you. So we should be vocal and tell her not to trust her team in handling her career and the agency too much. It’s like running a business with hiring your family as your employees. You trust your family but at the same time they can take advantage of your trust and be lazy and do what the want knowing that you’re easy and won’t be too harsh on them because you’re family. 

and the small, small chance that sohyun is 100 percent in control, which I seriously doubt, she should be informed by what her fans think, like what she said, without her fans, she won’t have the career she had for 12 years. If she is 100 percent aware and responsible, then yes, she needs to be rescue from herself. 

5 hours ago, Palette45 said:

Kakao should manage her directly and get rid of her so called management team and CEO who are not doing their jobs. I've never seen any other artist agency block comments from fans who are raising concerns about the welfare of the artist. Even horrible companies like YG don't do that.

Blocking comments doesn’t make sense. If sohyun is 100 percent in charge of her agency/career, which I doubt, she should be informed of this. She needs to know That her team is making bad decisions in her behalf and that she needs to rein them in. 

They've trained our expectations to be so low we become thankful for a handful of pictures. I'm still grateful that Soup puts out something throughout the year something Et story never bothers with.

When Soup is more active than ET. When an endorsement company is more active than her own agency. That’s an embarrassment. 

I'm sorry but you're mistaken Kim Sohyun doesn't own Et story. Play M owns it and above that is Kakao. She isn't the CEO of her own agency like Zico or Lee Jongsuk is. I known we all want to believe that she has full control over her activities but at the end of the day she is just another artist signed with an agency. Even Kim Soohyun who signed with his own family does not have full control over his activities. Somebody else makes decisions for him just like somebody else makes decisions for Kim Sohyun. She isn't irreplaceable for them. If they find another artist who they think can get them more money they'll move on from her. She doesn't have any formal management decision making powers with her agency. The most she does is choose her own script from the ones they shortlist for her. Her most trusted people can also take advantage of her kindness and trust. Fans have been raising concerns over Et story on all forums that means there is something very wrong with how they are doing their so called job.

That’s true, there’s an actual ceo in ET and it’s not her. The ceo is her old manager or someone from Sidus. Even over twitter, her korean fans have been expressing their outrage at how her agency is doing things. It’s not exclusive to a few international fans. Yes, even those you trust can take advantage of your leniency and do very minimal and not put out great effort for her career. It’s not asking much that we want better communication. Like I said before, even if she is fully in charge, she needs to know that her management team is slacking off and doing horrible. Just because she’s fully in charge, it doesn’t mean she has the ability to do everything. That’s why she has a team and she needs to know her team is not carrying out their responsibilities and that she need to give them a talk. 

5 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

Excuse me, she has shares of stock in Kakao M. By that means, she is a direct owner of Kakao M and indirect owner of any subsidiaries under it. Further, Kim So Hyun and her manager Park founded E&T and signed under Kakao M (previously Loen Entertainment). So, considering So Hyun is the biggest talent in E&T, it only means that she has responsibility in managing her own career. It will be hypocritical if she let E&T do nothing in her career. 

•  

The number of shares she has is very little. By saying she’s a direct owner is kind of stretching it. I have several shares in Disney, does that mean I’m a direct owner of Disney and have lots of power in decision making? Not at all. 

companies and restaurants fail or perform poorly all the time due to lack of good talents, terrible managers. Some owners are not good at being  confrontational with their hired help and let things run to the ground or they’re not aware until it’s too late. We just want sohyun to know that her team and management isn’t currently in top shape and needs drastic reforming. Maybe her old manager was once a good team member but now he’s not. People can worsen over time. Maybe him being the ceo gives him room and power to be lazy now, before he was under Sidus, so there would be people looking at him from above to make sure he’s doing a decent job for sohyun but now perhaps he doesn’t have many people that can keep him accountable. And perhaps sohyun is too trusting or too easygoing despite her being the strength of ET and the cash cow. People waste good resources all the time, so it’s not surprising if they’re wasting her. 

we all want the best for her, and clearly something is wrong this year. I don’t think our thoughts are all delusional, some thoughts may be inaccurate but most of them are sound and logical. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Is ET owned by Sohyun? I know she has some shares in Kakao but Kakao is a huge company so the number of shares she has doesn’t make a dent. It’s an agency formed by some people she worked with in Sidus and herself. 

There’s no article released on how much freedom she personally has as an artist despise being one of the Co-founders of ET. Perhaps she is being guided by people she personally trust, it doesn’t mean they’re competent. Sometimes you trust people too much that it can detrimentally affect you. So we should be vocal and tell her not to trust her team in handling her career and the agency too much. It’s like running a business with hiring your family as your employees. You trust your family but at the same time they can take advantage of your trust and be lazy and do what the want knowing that you’re easy and won’t be too harsh on them because you’re family. 

and the small, small chance that sohyun is 100 percent in control, which I seriously doubt, she should be informed by what her fans think, like what she said, without her fans, she won’t have the career she had for 12 years. If she is 100 percent aware and responsible, then yes, she needs to be rescue from herself. 

I couldn't care less. The fact that she co-founded E&T is a proof that she has say in the management of her career. Common, you do not need any article to validate this claim. It is common sense.

Anyways, go, with what you believe in. Whatever So Hyun wants in her career or life, I will still support here and will not talk any unnecessary things which were unfounded against her and the people around her. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 8/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, Erick Miranda said:

couldn't care less. The fact that she co-founded E&T is a proof that she has say in the management of her career. Common, you do not need any article to validate this claim. It is common sense.

She may have a say but does she use it? She may have the power to change and influence things within her agency but does she use it? Every company structure is different. Sometimes you may be the owner but you can act like a figurehead and just rubber stamp everything and blindly believe everything is going smoothly. It happens in real life. Even in fiction like dramas, it happens. You see people who has power being swayed and control by other people due to their naivety and their lack of awareness and/or lack of assertiveness. I agree it is common sense she does have a say in the management, but it is also common sense that there’s possibilities her voice doesn’t have heavy weight in the eyes of certain people or ignored because they think they know better. You see and hear of employees not listening to higher figures in power all the time. It’s not uncommon.

It is like when you see your boss walking by your table and you “work diligently” in front of them but after they walk away from a safe distance, you pull out your phone and resume playing games and going on social media lol 

On 8/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, Erick Miranda said:

Anyways, go, with what you believe in. Whatever So Hyun wants in her career or life, I will still support here and will not talk any unnecessary things which were unfounded against her and the people around her. 

It’s nice to have your more positive perspective to balance out the debate. 

A healthy tree with healthy roots produces healthy fruits... currently the fruits produced in my perspective is lacking. The tree needs some trimming and the roots need some nutritions. 

On 8/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, Wind0406 said:

She sure loves the color white! How cute :crazymad:

• Like 1