[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pechumori said: Ratings of "Incarnation of Money" went down by 1.5%
by pechumori 4/8/13

According to the audience measurement company Nielsen Korea, the 20th episode of "Incarnation' of Money" recorded  a 14.6% viewership. As compared to the 19th episode which was shown the other night which had a 16.1 % rating, there was a 1.5 % decrease in its viewership.

Here's the list of the ratings per episode of IOM

Episode 1 - 9,7%
Episode 2 - 9.2%
Episode 3 - 10.2%
Episode 4 - 10.6%
Episode 5 - 14.5%
Episode 6 - 13.1%
Episode 7 - 13.4%
Episode 8 - 13.3%
Episode 9 - 12.2%
Episode 10- 11.4%
Episode 11- 12.4%
Episode 12- 15.1%
Episode 13- 14.5%
Episode 14- 15.3%
Episode 15- 16.4%
Episode 16- 15.3%
Episode 17- 14.7%
Episode 18- 15.6%
Episode 19- 16.1%
Episode 20- 14.6%

reference: Choi Joonyong reporter cjy via naver and
           news@tvdaily, enter@xprotsnews/nate

source:  Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

I agree with you @evok, it is a shame that their ratings can not go up to the 20%
level, no matter how good the story is. They are up against a family drama and
probably most of the Korean audience watching at that time slot prefer an emotion
filled soap opera over a drama which will make them think and keep them in suspense.

Guest doanlan

the rating of ep 19 was high coz there were excitement, the battle between SK, GTG & CD ....

ep 20, there was a time of relex, and as you want ....... there is romance between CD & JI

if people want to watch romance, something funny..... They will Watch " The best  Lee ????? "

it's difficult to fight with family drama especially in WE

hope in next ep, writer gives some more intense scènes !

Guest kaeruchan

@pechumori Koreans love makjang family drama and AHYI is a perfect drama for them. IOM might appeal more to those who like revenge drama and during weekends, family drama will be likely be chosen to be watched by the entire family :)

As long as we all enjoy IOM, I think the cast will be happy that people appreciate their hard work! ;)

Here's summary for episode 20:

http://thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/summary-the-incarnation-of-money-episode-20/

...and we have to wait for another week. hummmmmm

Guest jolie_coeur

i'm satisfied with those ratings. this is a daebak!!! thanks everyone for sharing your opinions, news regarding this drama. although i'm not involved in your discussions (lack of time), i'm trying to stay uptaded as much as i can. I think in these last episodes will be mainly a psychology fight between JSG and CD: who has nerves of steel to resist till the end?? i'm very curious with what weapon CD will attack JSG, now that madame Bok collapsed and Jae In is not fully prepared to take the control?

@andy78 -- i agree with you; feel that CD had contingency plans if things did not proceed the way he had anticipated; his smile was predatory to say the least; CD looked like a wolf who finally appeared in front of the prey he had been chasing through the forest; since he worked with these bozos, he would have anticipated that at some point, they will figure it out..

wonder when it is the reporter's turn.. btw, was not sure what to make to SK's expression when Angelina refused to believe him and called him the devil. he almost looked hurt; seemed a bit bizarre...

Guest locke06

SK is such a complicated character. He threatens Angelina so she wouldn't snitch on him, and he moved her to the mental institute without second thoughts to secure his position, yet he was showed sadness and tears welled in his eyes when he saw how Angelina's current condition. Does he feel remorse for what he had done? Does he care for her? For sure...he cares for himself far more than he care for her.

But here he is, claiming that he hate the corruption that caused his father's death, only to be raised to this position by using that corruption. He is turning into all the things he despise just so he can erase the thing he so despise. Does the end justify the mean? Although I don't like SK, but amongst all of the characters in IOM, he is the most interesting because he is the most paradoxical character that exist in the drama.

Hyuk!!! Love it! Thank you sooo very much for the pics, @pechumori. It's my pleasure to fill in on your behalf. Am happy doing it, but what concern me the most is the rest of friends who are not so use to me and my style. 
Sorry friends, my writing style is either formal (as in report/official writing style) or fangirling style. I use (and choose) the later in my unofficial time.. ^^
@morwena and @arishia, are you the 1 whom I think you are? I mean.. in V? Whether you are or not, am happy to know and chat with you in this thread ladies!
@lmangla: Ugh, I need to ask Hyuk first where did he get his book.. Come and join me, harrasing questioning him?  ;)

Just a couple of questions, what happened to the cab driver, was he hurt or killed?  Will KH turn against his father and SK now that he knows what kind of men they really are? Lastly why was SK crying after leaving BR room, was he hurt to know that she no longer believed and trusted him any longer?
I ask this because I feel sure they will never be addressed, and it's something to puzzle over until the week-end.

Guest dredz

Finally, the time has come where SK had learned that CD is Lee Kang Seok himself. Omo, you could really feel the rage emanating from SK's eyes. He just couldnt accept that CD has been able to control them with CD's own hands like puppets! Together, SK & Gwon would strike back, and this time, they would make sure CD wouldnt able to escape death! Omo, i could just imagine, the last few episodes would be just like a roller coaster ride! And how could CD enables to win the battle against his enemies is really something to look forward to...super excited to see how IOM's going to end ! Aja, aja, Lee Cha Don! Fighting!^__^ 

@GaeinaLee, you're welcome. When I saw those pictures,
I immediately thought of you. :)
I'm not much of a recapper too. This is actually the first time I'm watching a drama live.
Don't know if they also like my style, aside from the fact that i miss some scenes due
to buffering. I just try to share what I see.

@all4movies, this is what I think about his "heart shaped" hairstyle. Maybe the IOM team wanted the viewers to focus more on his character than on his looks. When SBS did "Coffee House", the description for KJH's character was a handsome writer. In the SBS drama, "Lie to Me", the character was described as a handsome hotel CEO. Now, in the press release of the SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money", Lee cha don is said to be a man who lost everything precious to him because of money. The word handsome is not mentioned. It is only Bok Jae In who calls him as the "handsome  idiot" Even HJE was not spared when they gave her a bowl haircut, which they said would flatter her small face. Whereas look how pretty she is with long hair in the drama "Giant" which was made by the same team behind IOM. That's how I see it, focus on the character and not on their looks.
Please see the accompanying pictures below.

KJH from the SBS drama, "Coffee House". They made him wear eyeglasses because he was supposed to be a writer.

165603_170770132959206_7776788_n.jpg

This is KJH from "Lie to Me"

284936_225233520846200_7906512_n.jpg

credit: SBS. baidu and  Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

This is HJE from "Giant"

558160_509103059146736_441182581_n.jpg

credit: baidu and Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Archived