[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

LOL.
I don't really care anymore about Kim Tae Hee's acting issues.
I just LOVE all the HANBOK and the ornaments here and that's what I'm gonna focus from now on. Plus Yoo Ah In's hotness, since I loved him as Moon Jae Shin in Sunkyungkwan Scandal. Personally I liked him better when he's disheveled with his long, ruffled hair.
LOL again.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching ep4 again and i realize sthing. When JOJ found the campsite, she actually asked if she could contact her companion (DP) to assure him about her safety. and later when she came back, she asked about DP's injury and told him sorry for making him worried for her. I like that she cares for the guy who was trying to protect her. She doesn't forget him once she sees the hero. More often the heroine forgets about everything else in those situations, it's just convenient as long as she's rescued by the hero pff And I always wonder 'what about your friend/companion, aren't you worried, shouldn't you tell them etc' I'm glad the writer put in those details, which makes JOJ more human and sensible in my eyes.

It's a little tedious that everyone fancies Ok Jung. I hope some secondary romance comes in too. Also I don't get how Jang Hyun will be father in law to the crowned prince if his niece becomes a concubine to same.

Guest livon123

@tulip06 haha I think the OTP definitely have a lot of followers, but I am rooting for LS and IH also. I am also hoping Prince DP will have someone and excited about CS's appearance.
Anyway,even in Dong Yi, it wasn't until IH was about to passed that LS regrets it. I am hoping at least there is one or some scenes in here that he made it hard on his queen and find understanding. LOL, Maybe not love, but to have a little caring and understanding goes a long way. Not sure whether I will root for sukbin, but I do hope she and IH are good friends in a two was street.

Guest Camilaa

joinsung4ever said:
purpleZ said: I share @joinsung4ever's opinion. I think I can safely say I'm quite objective about Kim Tae Hee, as I don't dislike her nor like her. I have seen her in Stairway To Heaven and My Princess. As STH was her, if I'm not wrong, first drama, so I won't judge her acting from there since it would be unfair. In My Princess though she was still very much overacting. And I would think that she should be doing better now over the years, I wa hoping this time in JOJ, but I can say not much has changed. Maybe slightly. But her eyes... are expressionless. Here she always has that stiff look, awkward aura, when the scene is supposedly to be romantic. Before you all get me wrong, this is in NO WAY me trying to justify the poor rating. This is solely my opinion on Kim Tae Hee and her acting and nothing to do with her pretty face. This is an honest and non biased opinion and not a prejudice that a pretty actress can't act. There's a difference. Not all pretty actresses are labeled can not act, only those who have proven otherwise are free from the prejudice.

I think almost everyone here are supporters of the OTP but I don't feel anything for the two. Sorry about that. I was more attracted to In Hyun and DP's first interaction, but too bad they don't have any love line. And the constant accidental touchings of the OTP in one single episode was too much for me to handle. 8-|

For the drama in a whole, I will continue to watch this. I hope it gets better. And I hope they pay more attention to the details! Man, those mannequin and high heels are seriously a big mistake.:-S  Even they did explain why, even fusion, the setting is still Joseon and not modern days. Please be more careful.

sure i'd hate it if LS treats badly his other wives. but i doubt it, maybe at first but later once JOJ gets the situation they're in, will understand IH's situation as well. I'm looking forwards to some clever development in their relationship here. I want the girls rather stay friends/allies against those who're real evil, than opposing each other for one man. while i'm sure LS'd sacrifice all of them if it needs to protect his power/kingdom. tsk, i start hating him more these days.
ps: is there really no preview til tomorrow? ;_;

annyeong Sonjeong lovers!

uggggghhh.. more than 24hrs before ep 5... Monday please come sooner!!!!

RanP said: I avoid to comment about Sukbin cause Idk much about this character. I read from many fans of the drama Dong Yi though, she appears to be angel perfect. I'd like to see how they portray her kind of double face here. It's interesting that they compare her to JOJ, if think about it, they're quiet similar about their birth as a low status. I think SB being able to survive in the end because her not really being involved in the game of power, she's not on either side. She's an outsider who observes and takes advantage of the situation. Idk, parts of me still hope she's not completely evil, cause it'd be sad if LS would have to live his life like his father (his mother is like SB) I hope SB will somehow redeem in the end (in case she really had done bad things) so that it'd not be a bittersweet ending. These days i even fantasize about an after-life ending, where they show all characters' re-incarnations (lol) and somehow LS & JOJ are in a bookstore, picking up the last ex of 'JOJ LIL' novel at the same time, pretty much like their 1st meeting ^^ *weeps*

Guest kaeruchan

Been visiting JOJ's page on SBS website more than 10 times today but still no preview...I think SBS wants to wait until the last minute to  release the preview, just to build our anticipation [-O<

SBS....please give us the preview! :((

THE JOSEON FASHION SHOW-LEE SOON EDITION  PART 1
1) THE SILVER CHRYSANTHEMUM HANBOKFor his incignito trips outside the palace walls LS choses a less formal attire typical for young Joseon aristocrats. The part we can't really see is a jeogori (a jacket) with two fronts that are bound together with a strap but unlike the ones worn by women, men's jeogori is longer reaching the waist. The legs are coverd by trousers called baji which are tied with a daenim (another strap) on top of the boseons (white socks). The piece of clothing with the wide sleeves is a chinese purple dopo (an overcoat) which can be worn by itself, however, LS put a blueberry sleeveless vest with intricate embroidery of silver flowers and dongjeong (white collar) called jeonbok that is again bound together with an otgoreum. The dopo and the jeonbok are fixed with a black jaejodae (a cord tied around the waist). His feet are covered by taesahye (low shoes used by noblemen since they were so expensive) made of animal skin, lined with skin and fur inside. As a mature man LS has his hair pulled into a sangtu (a topknot) on the top of his head. There is also a mangeon (a headband) with two gwanjas (little ornaments) placed near his ears which keep the hairstyle fixed. The coiffure is  complemented by a gat (a hat) with a gatkeun (string of gemstones added by members of nobility to show their station). I've noticed that all LS's hanboks use the blue colour to some degree with various flowers and plants usually adorning his vest - I wonder whether despite his comments to JOJ about his superficial fashion knowledge he is a closet fashionista at heart  ;;)9873_1000.jpg

7731_600.jpg8475_600.jpg20790_600.jpg

6806_600.jpg
2) THE GONRYONGPO OF THE CROWN PRINCEThe gonryongpo is an everyday attire for the king, crown prince and his first son (the future crown prince), however, the identity of the wearer is crucial and makes for various distinctions. One of them is the colour - The king wears a scarlet robe whereas the crown prince the hue of blue we see LS sporting. Another difference is the dragon emblem - The monarch's dragon is 5-toed (ohjoeryongbo), the crown prince's 4-toed (sajoeryongbo) and his son's 3-toed (samjoeryongbo), however, I'm afraid there is a mistake on this particular robe because no matter how I look there are always 5 toes on every of the 4 dragons that grace the splendid apparel :-?? . The jaded waistband around LS's midsection is called gakdae. The robe is comlemented by hwas (boots) and a black ikseongwan (crown worn by kings and crown princes).25745_600.jpg

26173_600.jpg1223_600.jpg

25912_600.jpg
Various photos of male hanboks:2683629ba1f33fd37a10eb9d06f1d593.jpg

c60e7aeb6d569ed1fed32dcf8765f99d.jpg4e1d2b4dee61f08d923f7e190e8f766e.jpg36f43e50014704dfa5c378cf7b47e7f8.jpghanbok+for+men.jpgoriginal_334663_qI3OktXJ4zMhTLo7KgHWnN9EKorean_traditional_men's_winter_shoes.jp

Coming up next: JOJ EDITION PART 3Previous editions: JOJ EDITION PART 1http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25850060/#Comment_25850060JOJ EDITION PART 2 http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25852587Sources: Blog Naver, SBS official website, google images, www.han-style.com, thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com, http://eng.expo2012.kr, Baidu forums, wikipedia

''Patience is bitter,buts its fruit is sweet' @kaeruchan although I'll admit I did just about the same as you ha :P
@RanP quite a number of things we've noticed in this drama that aren't conventional.I really do hope there's some heartfelt connection between the characters,you're right that it doesn't have to be love.

I'm really loving my time in the forum and watching this drama thanks to you all.I hope this forum would become more fiery and enjoyable for all the users until it ends.Let's just sit back , relish ,enjoy what the show has in stored for us &  spazzzz!!!
ONE MORE DAY till our prince ,OJ ,DP,IH,the evil but amazing to watch uncle and minister..last but not least Jae Hee hit the screen!!!Bring on the jealousy and angst !

Archived