[Drama 2012] Glass Mask 유리가면

Admin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like by the end of episode 42, Yi Gyung will fall from the cliff.  The beginning of revenge for Yi Gyung. I wonder who saves her? I bet is the gangster ajussi. I will recap later when I get to watch the episode later. In the mean while, here is a raw text preview for tomorrow's episode.

Ep 43 Text Preview

In Cheol, the only witness Yi Gyung struggle with So Yeon and her fall from the cliff. So Yeon covered up her crime using Yi Gyung's past history. Wedding between So Yeon and Ha Joon eventuate. In Cheol kept the whole incident to himself and Seol Jae angrily looks on.

Guest shondrea2

gene71632 thanks again for all your hard work. I only read your recaps so now I will start to watch after ep 43. I knew that Yi Gyung and So Yeon were going to be sisters every since Yi Gyung felt Se Yeon crying in the park and she was at home. This reminds me of the drama Cain and Able. I hope not to offend anyone but for the life of me I can't understand Korean culture. how can you force someone to marry because of lies. You see that a lot in these dramas and if you refuse you get disonwed. Right now I'm enjoying Nice Guy, Full House 2 ,Tw drama Miss Rose and King of Dramas.My all time favorite dramas are Goong ,You're Beautiful, Bad Guy, Stairway to Heaven, Coffee Prince and Secret Garden. I hate dramas where you have women being totally stupid and let other people treat them like crap and get water thrown in their faces and doesn't do anything to defend themselves. I tried to watch Yellow Booths but couldn't after a few eps.

He and sy won't have a blissful marriage because I find it impossible to believe that ha joon could easily turned off his feelings. Don't get me wrong I'm so sold on the yg and sj pairing. The secrets that in cheol and sy have done I'm waiting to see them open like a can of worms.....my question do any one think sy told ha joon that she killed yg or not by throwing her from the cliff?

@robertbrittain - I don't think So Yeon told Ha Joon that she killed Yi Gyung.  I reckon she probably claim that Yi Gyung decides to go on the run.

Ep 42

Yi Gyung went to see Gim Ha Ra at hospital, apologizing to her and urging her to get up quickly so that Gim Ha Ra can help prove her innocence.

Sin Gi Tae looking at the picture of his wife telling her how he met his daughter, Yi Gyung and how sorry he is that because of him, Yi Gyung suffered. He wants Yi Gyung to forget him and not to look for him again.  Sin Gi Tae asked his wife to watch over her for him.

Seo Gi Pal (Gangster Ajussi) called In Cheol on the phone.  He called In Cheol a murderer. Even though the world don't know, but he knows he frame Sin Gi Tae and he's sitting in prison on his behalf. He said such person like In Cheol is sitting as second-in-charge in the police station. Seo Gi Pal was mad at In Cheol, why he didn't try to help Yi Gyung when she was framed by Ha Joon. In Cheol said all evidence points at Yi Gyung and she lied. Seo Gi Pal said that if she is his daughter, he would have investigated. What would it like if she is being framed like Sin Gi Tae. Seo Gi Pal is using the evidence he claims he had of In Cheol in the past (making Sin Gi Tae the scapegoat, and In Cheol is the murderer) as a threat for In Cheol to help Yi Gyung. In Cheol wonders who he is and he tries to calm himself saying there's no such evidence.

At the office, Hye Ran told Ha Joon that the company's law department will settle the matter for him and that he need not worry that he will be investigated by the police. She asked if Ha Joon got back the family ring from Yi Gyung. Ha Joon replied that he haven't because of the situation now. When the situation calms down, he will ask it back from her. But Hye Ran demands Ha Joon to get it back immediately (that ring is more important than her life) but Ha Joon said he can't do it.

Yi Gyung called Hye Ran at the office trying to get Hye Ran to persuade Ha Joon to surrender. Yi Gyung told Hye Ran that Hye Ran knows that Ha Joon and So Yeon framed her. This cover up is not going to do Ha Joon any good. Hye Ran said she's going to press charges against Yi Gyung for defamation. Yi Gyung told Hye Ran she has no conscience. Hye Ran also demanded that Yi Gyung immediately return the family ring to them or she'll charge her for stealing too.

Both Ha Joon received a couriered CD of the blackbox recording in Ha Joon's car (sent by Seon Jae of course).  "The truth about Gim Ha Ra's murder incident. Before it is sent to the police, surrender yourself" was labelled on the yellow stick on. They thought the sender of the CD might be Yi Gyung. Ha Joon after playing the CD, started to panic. He will be finished if this CD landed in the hands of the police. So Yeon is going back home to find out if Yi Gyung also have a copy.

Yi Gyung was looking at Ha Joon's family ring when Geon came in with the package for her (Yi Gyung put the ring in her pocket).  Geon was wondering if it's by the same person who sent her the letter the other time. Yi Gyung wonders too.  Yi Gyung opened up the package, found a CD and played it. She knew that this CD can clear her of her suspicion. A call came for Yi Gyung. She wonders if it's from the sender. It's from the gangster ajussi, Seo Gi Pal (he is Sin Gi Tae's 'brother' in the organisation). He told Yi Gyung that long time ago, Sin Gi Tae told him to look after her but he can only contact her until now. He told her that he has settled her mother's ashes 27 years ago.  Yi Gyung asked him where her mother's ashes is. He told Yi Gyung that he's received instruction from Sin Gi Tae to sprinkle the ashes over the sea. Yi Gyung wants to know where and would like to meet him. She borrowed Geon's handphone (her mobile was with the police) and gave it to Seo Gi Pal as a form of recognition. He told her that he may be late.

Seon Jae was waiting downstairs for Yi Gyung to act (going straight to the Police Station with the CD). Before that, he wish that Ha Joon would surrender himself.  He saw Yi Gyung running in a hurry. He tailed her. So Yeon drive by and saw Yi Gyung hopping into a cab.  Seon Jae saw So Yeon but he wasn't discovered by her (Seon Jae didn't expect So Yeon to react so quickly). So both of them is tailing Yi Gyung.

In Cheol received a fax from Seo Gi Pal telling In Cheol that he's going to give Yi Gyung the evidence if he's not going to do according to what he said. In Cheol is trying to stop it. He rang home and Geon told her that she took his handphone and went out. In Cheol called Yi Gyung on the hand phone asking where she is and who she is meeting. Yi Gyung told In Cheol the truth that she is meeting someone who knows her real father. In Cheol told Yi Gyung not to do so. Yi Gyung insist on doing so because she wants to know what he has to say about Sin Gi Tae being framed and also to understand her real mother (he's the person who spread the ashes of her mother).  After failing to attempt to dissuade her, In Cheol insisted on going there too and so Yi Gyung told him the location. In Cheol told himself that no matter what, he cannot let Seo Gi Pal see Yi Gyung because Seo Gi Pal got evidence against himself. Yi Gyung thought within herself that Seo Gi Pal may have evidence too to prove Sin Gi Tae is innocent and so she is determined to see him.

So Yeon told herself she's too complacent. No matter what, she has to snatch the CD from Yi Gyung. So Yeon realized that Yi Gyung is not going to the police station. But to be safe, she keeps tailing her. Seon Jae also wonders what Yi Gyung is doing.

Ha Joon who is waiting anxiously in the office called So Yeon. So Yeon said she's tailing Yi Gyung who has CD in her hand. She told him that she will stop Yi Gyung.

Seon Jae lost both of them by the lights.

At the cliff (the long awaited scene), while waiting for the Seo Gi Pal to appear, Yi Gyung firmly believe that Sin Gi Tae is being framed just like her. She wants to start all over, find the truth and put everything in its original place.

So Yeon appeared. So Yeon saw Yi Gyung has the CD. Yi Gyung told So Yeon that she's done everything for her and asked why So Yeon is doing this. So Yeon claims that Yi Gyung snatched everything from her instead. Yi Gyung told her that she didn't and So Yeon is her younger sister. So Yeon told Yi Gyung that she really hates her, don't she realized that? Both of them cannot exist together (it's an ill fate). So Yeon knelt in front of Yi Gyung and apologize to her saying that she knows she's bad. She ask her to give up and be the scapegoat for the accident. In Cheol came in time and saw the CD and thought that it's the evidence against him. So Yeon asked Yi Gyung to do it for her. Yi Gyung refused to do so and ask So Yeon not to ask this of her.  They started to struggle over the CD. The CD fell and Yi Gyung who's trying to retrieve it, slipped and is holding on for her life. In Cheol was almost wanting to step forward to help but after recalling what Seo Gi Pal said and thinking that the CD that Yi Gyung is holding will incriminate himself, he held back. So Yeon told Yi Gyung that it's time to finish this and she let go of Yi Gyung's hand and bid her farewell. Yi Gyung fell into the sea.

In Cheol driving off, in shock and was grieving over Yi Gyung. He asked himself why didn't he saved Yi Gyung (by trying to stop So Yeon) but ran away instead. He told himself that it's him who killed Yi Gyung. That was short-lived. He told himself that it not that he doesn't want people to know that he killed Yi Gyung's mom and Policeman Pak Seong Do ut it's all for So Yeon's sake that she will not become a murder. He wants to protect her. Now he is going to hide this for his murderous daughter, So Yeon. So Yeon is now in the same boat as In Cheol. Her reaction (later in this episode) is the same as In Cheol when he first accidentally killed the two person.

It seems that Chairman Seo has collapsed again and is in hospital and the doctor is urging that he gets and operation as soon as possible because his condition is getting critical and it will endanger his life it it prolongs.  Seon Jae try to persuade but Chairman Seo still rejects the operation until he finds Jeong A. It's his punishment for losing Jeong A and he's willing to accept.

So Yeon came home distress and went into the room asking what to do now since she's killed Yi Gyung. In Cheol came home and heard So Yeon crying outside her door.  In Cheol was thinking to himself, asking to So Yeon to sober up because he don't want to lose another daughter.

So Yeon drove out (just like In Cheol) and went ballistic. She was driving back to the cliff, regretting what she did to Yi Gyung, trying to save her. Ha Joon rang So Yeon and she's at the lost of what to do because Ha Joon knows that she went to see Yi Gyung. If he knows Yi Gyung disappears, he will suspect her. She cannot allow that. She's at a lost of what to do.

Seon Jae asked about Gim Ha Ra and her possibility of regaining her consciousness. The doctor cannot give him a definite answer. Seon Jae is urging an unconscious Gim Ha Ra to wake up for Chairman Seo's sake.  He told an unconscious Gim Ha Ra of Chairman Seo's refusal for the operation but letting Chairman Seo seeing her in such a state will worsen his condition.

So Yeon's short-lived grieving/remorse process. Yi Gyung is not coming back. She's dead. I didn't do this. She fell down the cliff herself. She committed suicide. All sorts of reasoning to justify her action...

Guest apache934

Thanks gene so much

I start watching this drama from this episode + 5 >1st episodes)

the others I only coming here to read gene 's messages

I think the next epidodes would be very interesting

IC would be very distress because of that gangster

SJ & YG meeting at the hospital ( preview43)

Both IC and his wife are criminal ( I don't know Korean's rule  for sure kidnap baby in Korea is a criminal or not ?? ) but IC did kill 2 innocence korean

HR is a murder as same as SY and now + HJ

Remember HJ didn't kill her cause the lady is only in a coma. After pondering the previous few episodes I can see a way out of redemption for HJ as LONG as the granddaughter of Chairman Seo stays alive, it's just considered assault and battery here in the states not sure Korea.

HJ characters reminds me of Yoon Jae from Yellow Boots pitiful and just ignorate to everything surrounding him. All the lies Seo Yeon. Though the crime HJ committed was an accident I beleive it was because he was drinking too much...as for In Cheol and Seo Yeon, HR, and Seo Yeon's mother they deserve everything they need to get.

What's funny is Seo Yeon murdered her sister in order to keep HJ from getting probably a year or two in prison, but if she dies then do Korea have the death penalty? or life in prison?

So if you are counting the murderes there are only 2 actual murders In Cheol and Ha Joon's Mom.

All the images with the four main casts of Glass Mirror three are facing towards the camera while Ha Joon's Character is looking regretful(remorseful)  any ideas why the PD did that?

@robertbrittain - Yes, Gim Ha Ra is only in the coma. But, because of his refusal to surrender himself, plus he frame Yi Gyung saying that she did it, that is perjury.  So, it's not just assault.  If he would have surrender himself at the beginning when the accident happen, things wouldn't have got out of hand.  He listened to So Yeon.  He is now in self-preservation mode and will do anything (including making Yi Gyung the scapegoat) just to be scot free. He is not the same as Yun Jae in Yellow Boots and I don't pity Ha Joon at all. 

I wonder how Sin Gi Tae will react when he finds out there's an evil twin in one of his girls (he hasn't know that he has twin girls).

Remorse? I don't think Ha Joon, So Yeon, Hye Ran and In Cheol is showing any remorse. They would have done what they've done.  SELFISH is the word that describe them. Hae Sun is plain crazy.

I wonder how Yi Gyung got saved and how did Seon Jae found out and what will happen next. Exciting.

Guest shondrea2

I can already see how this is going to end as we all know Seo Yeon has a health condition maybe kidney problems and she is going to need a transplant and Yi Gyung will give her one of hers and everything will be forgiven.

Ep 43

The next morning, So Yeon was flicking through the channels trying to see if there's any news of Yi Gyung.  Geon went upstairs to wake Yi Gyung up for breakfast but found a note stating that the whole hotel incident was her fault and she pushed all the blame to Ha Joon. She is sorry and she is leaving first. In Cheol decides to report her as a missing person first rather than conclude that she's committed suicide.

Gangster ajussi (Seo Gi Pal) can't get hold of Yi Gyung on the hand phone nor did he get to meet her at the meeting place.  He overheard the conversation between Geon and In Cheol. In Cheol is taking Yi Gyung's suicide note in to conclude the hotel incident (which means Yi Gyung will bear the crime and Ha Joon will be freed of suspicion). Geon was against In Cheol's decision as he believes Yi Gyung is not that kind of person who will leave a note and vanished. Furthermore, she was adamant of her innocence prior to her disappearance and was happily going out to meet the person who spread her real mother's ashes. In Cheol said that Yi Gyung is fleeing out of guilt which is why she left the note. Seo Gi Pal knows something has happened to Yi Gyung.

At his office in the police station, In Cheol already know that the note was written by So Yeon but he wonders why So Yeon would state that Yi Gyung is the criminal. Does that means that what Yi Gyung said about So Yeon and Ha Joon colluding about the hotel incident was true?

At the police station, Seo Gi Pal rang In Cheol and questioned him about Yi Gyung's disappearance/suicide. An exchanged of words broke out and that caused In Cheol to start investigating Seo Gi Pal which he found out his name after digging up the case file 27 years ago. He wonders if Seo Gi Pal may have got hold of the account books which he gave back to the organization in exchange for their silence on Sin Gi Tae's matter. He rang the organization to settle Seo Gi Pal as they have an agreement.

So Yeon meet with Ha Joon. She told him that she lost Yi Gyung while tailing her and found a note she left at home. She showed him Yi Gyung suicide note. So Yeon told Ha Joon that Yi Gyung is dead. Even if she is alive, she is good as dead. If she leaves such a note, it means she does not want to be found. Ha Joon was grieved and blames himself for Yi Gyung turning out this way and he deserves to die. So Yeon said he should try his best to live his life instead for Yi Gyung's sake.

It seems that Seon Jae managed to tail So Yeon and Yi Gyung after all. He saw Yi Gyung fell into the water and saved her.  He told her to his doctor friend to be treated secretly, not to inform her family until she awakes and then she can decide. He commented that Yi Gyung's life is in danger and she needs help. He is the only person that can help her. Talking to an unconscious Yi Gyung, Ha Joon asked why So Yeon would do such a thing to her.

Ha Joon was drinking by himself waiting for Seon Jae. Although he's not entitled to her love, he wished Yi Gyung is alive so that he can have a chance to apologize to her. Seon Jae came. He came to meet with Ja Joon for Yi Gyung's sake and he hope that Ja Joon won't disappoint him. Ha Joon told him about Yi Gyung leaving a suicide note and disappeared. He told Seon Jae that he cannot believe Yi Gyung really committed suicide. Seon Jae told Ha Joon that Yi Gyung wouldn't do such a thing as she is a strong and optimistic person. Ha Joon told Seon Jae that he really loves Yi Gyung and he don't know what to do now. Seon Jae was willing to let Ha Joon aboutsee Yi Gyung if he would confess the truth about the hotel incident. In the end, even though knowing Yi Gyung has committed suicide, Ha Joon still claims that she is the real criminal behind the incident at the hotel with Gim Ha Ra. He said that Yi Gyung even confessed in her suicide note that she did it. Seon Jae is totally disappointed in Ha Joon and does not bear any hope of him telling the truth. Seon Jae also discovered that In Cheol is Yi Gyung and So Yeon's father and he has submitted the suicide confession note and concluded the whole hotel incident. Seon Jae is surprised that In Cheol didn't attempt to find Yi Gyung but used the note to conclude the hotel incident. Seon Jae now understands why In Cheol would lie about President Jeong's DNA because she is his future in-laws. Ha Joon told Seon Jae that he doesn't care who his mother wants him to marry now as it's only a form of ceremony. Seon Jae also understands why So Yeon wouldn't save Yi Gyung when she falls from the cliff.

Chairman Seo at the hospital is starting to lose his vision.

Ha Joon came home. Hye Ran told Ha Joon that she heard from So Yeon that Yi Gyung had left a note and vanished. Ha Joon told her mom that she should also know the content of the note. Just to protect him, she lied in her note. But Hye Ran has never trusted her but try to separate them. Hye Ran should know what kind of person Yi Gyung is now. Hye Ran told Ha Joon that although she is grateful to Yi Gyung for being the scapegoat, but when will Ha Joon forget about Yi Gyung who is dead? Ha Joon told Hye Ran that Yi Gyung is still alive. She only left because of him. Ha Joon told Hye Ran that he can never forget Yi Gyung. He will be punished for the rest of his life.

Waking up the next morning, Ha Joon found So Yeon in the lounge room with Hye Ran. Hye Ran wanted Ha Joon and So Yeon to be married before Paris Collection. Ha Joon refused at first. Hye Ran explained to Ha Joon that because So Yeon knows their secret and if So Yeon decided to expose them, what are they going to do? Ha Joon does not believe So Yeon would do such a thing. Hye Ran said that's why Ha Joon should keep her as she understands him and will be his better half. Hye Ran tell Ha Joon to do accordingly as he has no other choice.

Ha Joon told So Yeon that he cannot love anyone now after Yi Gyung left like this. Staying by his side like this, she may never get the love she desires. Also, seeing her everyday will remind him of Yi Gyung. Both of them will be suffering because of guilt for the rest of their lives. Ha Joon asked if So Yeon still wants to marry him. So Yeon replied that she must marry him because she is blaming herself for letting Yi Gyung go like this. She further states that YI Gyung wants them to be together which is why she committed suicide. For her sake, they have to be happily married. Looking at Ha Joon, So Yeon was thinking to herself that because of him, she let go of Yi Gyung's hand. Ha Joon don't have to love her, just let her love him instead as long as he stay by her side.

Ha Joon went to meet with So Yeon's family. He was met by an unhappy Geon that Ha Joon came for So Yeon and not Yi Gyung. So Yeon told all of them that their marriage will take place in three weeks' time. Geon objects as Yi Gyung is still missing. In Cheol gave them their blessing. Hae Sun although surprised by In Cheol consent but she's happy.

In Cheol was drinking at night alone and So Yeon asked if he's going to miss her, that's why he's drinking. So Yeon tells him not to be too sad as she will do her best. He commented that So Yeon and Ha Joon are a couple and he can't go against the will of heaven. So Yeon thanked In Cheol for consenting to their marriage so swiftly.

In Cheol after that went into Yi Gyung's room. Looking at the family portrait, he told Yi Gyung that he has consented to So Yeon and Ha Joon's marriage even though Yi Gyung likes Ha Joon so much. In Cheol also said that Yi Gyung had mentioned that she will give up anything for So Yeon. In the end, it's still the same. In Cheol hopes that So Yeon can live happily on Yi Gyung's behalf. In Cheol told Yi Gyung that he wanted to tell her the truth one day of what happened 27 years ago and repent but had taken everything from her instead. He prayed that Yi Gyung will not forgive him, her despicable father.
Fitting of suit and wedding dress.

Ha Joon meet with Seon Jae and gave him a wedding invitation. Seon Jae is surprised that Ha Joon is marrying So Yeon when there's no news of Yi Gyung. Ha Joon said that So Yeon really loves him and he has to respond to her feeling. Seon Jae asked what if Yi Gyung comes back? Ha Joon said that he cannot guarantee that she will and even though she does, he cannot abandon So Yeon.

In Yi Gyung's ward, Seon Jae told an unconscious Yi Gyung about Ha Joon and So Yeon's impending marriage. He told her that they are not even looking for her though you're lying here and made her this way. They even fake her suicide note and made her the scapegoat. Seon Jae couldn't understand So Yeon who still wants to marry Ha Joon. Seon Jae asked Yi Gyung what does she wants him to do. Does she want him to tell them she's alive and try to stop the wedding, or pretend that he doesn't know?

Wedding suit and dress fitting for Ha Joon and So Yeon. Ha Joon's wasn't showing a happy countenance. Hye Ran reminded Ha Joon that it's him who agreed to the marriage and she didn't forced him. Ha Joon agrees to try his best.

Yi Gyung starting to wake up...

Good episode. I thought that maybe ha joon would finally be human to show remorse but the only remorse he had was that she killed herself rather take the blame. Looking forward to seeing the take down and not to mention when he finds out that his mother killed sj mom.

Guest sparklescupcake

Hey sky walker, stop spamming "error" pictures on this forum! We can't see the pictures at all!

Anyways, hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. Thank you very much, Gene for your daily recap on each episode :-)

Gosh, where do I begin?! I can't stand SY at all! She's just too evil. I hope YG will put all the people that did her wrong behind bars! Haha, I'm so excited about the revenge part. This drama is addicted :-)

@sparklescupcake - welcome to our forum.

Yes, it's getting so exciting now. I see from the trailer that Sin Gi Tae may have run away from jail. I wonder who Yi Gyung is going to witness In Cheol is going to kill (Seo Gi Pal or Sin Gi Tae).

Why does exciting episodes going to be running over X'mas period? I wonder if they will have a week's break over that time so that I won't miss too much episodes.

@sherrrr - Dramacrazy is english subbed till ep 20. I don't know about other sites like viki, dramastyles or dramafever. Darksmurf english sub is up till ep 30 for members (if you know how to insert it into raw video file to view because I'm still clueless).

Guest apache934

Thanks gene

If you want to watch with Darksmurf english sub + the raw

You should install Media  player classic ( from google) ,then you can put both the raw & the sub in one file ,they  themselve fix together ,then you can watch them ..

@apache934 - Thanks for your advice. I've been told about that by a few others but I'm not game enough to download raw video files (torrent) nor know how to handle them. I watch and forget about on the web. If I really like a drama that much, I will buy a hard copy.

Archived