[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA (신화) THREAD #2

innasalvatore

170310 News Trends

Shinhwa
- 1 article on being long-running idol group (five Presidents)

Eric
- 1 article on Jean-Michel Basquiat styling
- 2 mentions in articles rounding up this year’s biggest shows on cable in relation to the Cable TV Program Awards (’Another Oh Hae-young’ and ‘Three Meals a Day’)
- 1 mention as role model (GOT7 Jinyoung)
- 1 brief mention as example of star couples with big age gap

Minwoo
- None

Dongwan
- 1 mention in article about celebrity reactions to impeachment
- 4 brief mentions in articles about stars that participated in candle demonstrations

Hyesung
- 4 brief mentions in articles about Beyond Closet clothing brand (once wore)

Jun Jin
- None

Andy
- None

Source: http://shinhwastuff.tumblr.com/post/158231767130/170310-news-trends

• Like 1

170312 News Trends

※ Digest

Shinhwa
- 8 brief mentions in Boy Group Reputation Index article
- 1 mention as role model (GFriend: “We know how hard it is to be a long-lasting group. Even if just one member stops being with the group, then the group wouldn’t be able to last for over 10 years doing what it does with all of its original members. If we could [be like Shinhwa], it would be the best thing.” (Do you think you’ll be able to be active as GFriend even when you’re 40?) “We hope to sing our songs for as long as we can get together, as long as we can reach out, as long as we can.”

Eric
- None

Minwoo
- None

Dongwan
- None

Hyesung
- 1 mention in article about ‘1 Night 2 Days’ Yoon Shiyoon imitating him

Jun Jin
- 5 mentions in articles about ‘Infinity Challenge’ (Special past episode compilation aired today)

Andy
- None

Source: http://shinhwastuff.tumblr.com/post/158309389675/170312-news-trends

• Like 1

Anonymous: I'm so happy to see that there are so many new fans! I'm also kinda new since I only started stanning them last year! In your opinion, what is the most unique thing that Shinhwa have that other/new kpop groups now doesn't have? I've watched so many shows of them and I always end up either laughing till I tear up or sobbing because of the feels. Do you think that can be one of their unique aspects?

By hearts-shinhwa

I don’t know about new groups so I can’t make that comparison, and most groups I used to follow have already disbanded :( But I can say for sure that Shinhwa has this unique bond, not just between the members but also between Shinhwa and the fans. It’s a connection that can only be forged with years of staying together. I think you can easily see that bond and teamwork between the members in variety shows. It’s like they don’t even need to communicate verbally to understand what another member is thinking. My sister actually said this when I let her watch the first Running Man ep Shinhwa appeared on, where they played the flag game like a rugby match, she said: “It’s like their hearts are connected together. I swear their hearts are connected to each together.” I couldn’t agree more. And not just her, even my friends who weren’t interested in Shinhwa were amazed by it. 

And between Shinhwa & SHCJs? The only word I can describe our bond is ‘Family’. We have this love-hate relationship with each other XD As how Eric describes it with this comic strip lol

tumblr_inline_om1lm40llb1rysr95_500.png

And you should read these stories on Shinhwa vs SHCJ if you haven’t, I feel that it’s a must read for all new SHCJs >>> To SHCJ from SHCJ

Source: http://hearts-shinhwa.tumblr.com

• Like 4

8 hours ago, innasalvatore said:

By hearts-shinhwa

I don’t know about new groups so I can’t make that comparison, and most groups I used to follow have already disbanded :( But I can say for sure that Shinhwa has this unique bond, not just between the members but also between Shinhwa and the fans. It’s a connection that can only be forged with years of staying together. I think you can easily see that bond and teamwork between the members in variety shows. It’s like they don’t even need to communicate verbally to understand what another member is thinking. My sister actually said this when I let her watch the first Running Man ep Shinhwa appeared on, where they played the flag game like a rugby match, she said: “It’s like their hearts are connected together. I swear their hearts are connected to each together.” I couldn’t agree more. And not just her, even my friends who weren’t interested in Shinhwa were amazed by it. 

And between Shinhwa & SHCJs? The only word I can describe our bond is ‘Family’. We have this love-hate relationship with each other XD As how Eric describes it with this comic strip lol

And you should read these stories on Shinhwa vs SHCJ if you haven’t, I feel that it’s a must read for all new SHCJs >>> To SHCJ from SHCJ

Source: http://hearts-shinhwa.tumblr.com

I luff at PEACEFUL!!! hahahahahah!!!!

I don't know but for some reason I started watching old SHINHWA vids again and the article? you posted reminds me of the "Guerilla Concert" the love they have for one another.. the effort the sacrifices is incredible! I was teary eyed once again.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, moca_hanzel said:

I luff at PEACEFUL!!! hahahahahah!!!!

I don't know but for some reason I started watching old SHINHWA vids again and the article? you posted reminds me of the "Guerilla Concert" the love they have for one another.. the effort the sacrifices is incredible! I was teary eyed once again.. 

One reason why I stan Shinhwa because I need Idol in stable stage instead Idol with full of scandal or controversy just to get fame and fans. Of course I like Shinhwa's characters too.. Their attitude most suitable with my weirdness, hahahahaha

I don't have a lot good friends because I think I'm completely a nerd, haha and looking at Shinhwa friendship I'm soooooo jealous, hahahaha... How I wish to have such good friends too and do a lot of fun things together..

Image result for shinhwa gifs

• Like 3

[News] Mention of Shinhwa as a role model

The biggest visual group? No, the biggest ‘be jewel’ group!

[Photo omitted]

There is a group that has gone beyond the normal borders of A Capella, trying to popularize the genre by bringing in other genres such as children’s songs, pop, jazz, trot, hip-hop, and dance, and performing in a show that brings together A Capella and comedy called ‘Chocolat’.

This group is named DIA, and is one of Korea’s 1st generation A Capella groups. The group has met its 15th anniversary this year since it was formed at an A Capella club in Daehangno in 2002.

[Content and photos omitted]

18. Are there any singers you were influenced by?

Jinhee: Korea’s longest-running idol group ‘Shinhwa’. I was a member of the 8th Shinhwa Changjo, so DIA will be able to become Korea’s longest-running A Capella group.

[Omit]

Source: Asia News Agency

Credit to http://shinhwastuff.tumblr.com

• Like 3

[News] [★SHOT!] Lee Minwoo: “I would be lying if I said it didn’t hurt..Trying to recover from a slipped disc”

Shinhwa’s Lee Minwoo revealed that he’s been recovering in hospital recently.

On the afternoon of March 16, the singer posted on his Instagram a photo with the words, “I would be lying if I said it didn’t hurt. I’m alive. #DiscTreatment #Recovering”. In the photo, he poses in a wheelchair, wearing a patient gown.

Shinhwa, of which Lee Minwoo is a member, will be holding its 19th anniversary concert at the Jamsil Auxiliary Stadium on June 17 and 18.

tumblr_inline_omwvq5jF2w1spcm04_500.jpg

Source: Osen

• Like 3

[News] Yang Heeeun on ‘Radio Star’: “I know Kim Dongwan, Eric, and Jun Jin, but I don’t know Lee Minwoo”

tumblr_inline_omwvaciLvq1spcm04_540.jpg

Yang Heeeun confessed on ‘Radio Star’ that she is bad at recognizing her juniors.

The singer appeared on the March 15 broadcast of MBC’s ‘Radio Star’ with her sister, actress Yang Heekyung.

MC Kim Kookjin commented this day, “I heard that Yang Heeeun can’t even recognize a junior who she’s said hi to 11 times because she’s face blind.”

Yang Heeeun added, “I still don’t know who that person is. The only super idol I remember is Kim Dongwan.”

Kim Gura said, “He’s nearing forty now,” and asked, “Do you know Jun Jin, then?” to which Yang Heeeun answered, “Yes, I do. He often comes out with his father (Charlie Park), doesn’t he?”

She went on to add that she knows Eric of Shinhwa as well but doesn’t know Lee Minwoo, making everyone laugh.

Source: 10 Asia

• Like 3

On 3/15/2017 at 9:15 PM, innasalvatore said:

One reason why I stan Shinhwa because I need Idol in stable stage instead Idol with full of scandal or controversy just to get fame and fans. Of course I like Shinhwa's characters too.. Their attitude most suitable with my weirdness, hahahahaha

I don't have a lot good friends because I think I'm completely a nerd, haha and looking at Shinhwa friendship I'm soooooo jealous, hahahaha... How I wish to have such good friends too and do a lot of fun things together..

Shinhwa plays a big part in my heart actually..it goes deep.. That's why I always tell my husband that my love for him/kids and Shinhwa is two different thing. I can't even choose hahahahah...

I agree though ..Shinhwa no matter have crajie they are I appreciate that they don't have to diss other artist..they know how to RESPECT...and I love how they speak up whenever there's an issue that includes the Changjos...

oh.. we are all your friends..you'll meet a lot of great people in this Family.. but yeah I agree.. I'm jealous as well, I hope to have friends that would stick with me through thick and thin.. now i'm getting emo, I keep watching Shinhwa's old clip..

• Like 4

[Op-Ed] 24 March 1998 They were there at “Show Tank” too..”Thank you” Shinhwa

tumblr_inline_on9rhhW8tc1rb7x3v_500.jpg

It can be said that the upcoming 24th is a special day for the music industry. Because it is the day that Shinhwa (Eric, Shin Hyesung, Kim Dongwan, Lee Minwoo, Junjin, Andy), Korea’s longest running idol group with no member change at all, once again breaks their own record.

Shinhwa debuted on 24 March 1998 with the same members as they have now, through music show “Show Music Tank” on KMTV, which was a dedicated music cable channel back then. And on the 24th of this month, it will be Shinhwa’s 19th anniversary.

What makes Shinhwa’s title as Korea’s longest running idols shine even more isn’t simply because they have maintained their team for 19 years. Apart from the time where the Shinhwa members were serving their military duties, they have never neglected to have music-related promotions. In fact, each and every time, they have made changes to their music and performances based on the trends then and have had a friendly competition with current idols.

Shinhwa released the album “The Resolver”, both their debut and first full album, in March 1998, and 19 years later, they released their 13th full album “Unchanging” in January, earlier this year. The title track “Touch” even topped on music ranking programs. Shinhwa even held successful concerts in Ilsan, Busan, Daegu and Taiwan in relation to the release of “Unchanging”.

That is a statement that easily shows how Shinhwa doesn’t rely on the past and is a current team that continues to move forward.

Shinhwa has promoted actively for 19 years and have naturally made phrases have absolutely no relation to themselves. Phrases such as “7 year jinx”, “disband”, and “regroup”.

In the music industry, there is a so-called ‘7 year jinx’ which refers to how difficult it is for popular idol groups to continue on with their original members after 7 years due to various reasons. For previously popular idol groups, they once again catch the attention of fans by either “regrouping” or “re-forming” quite a few years after the team has disbanded or the members have gone their separate ways.

However, for Shinhwa, who has been promoting with their original members for 19 years, the ‘7 year jinx’ is no longer applicable, and there is no need to use words like ‘regroup’ or ‘re-form’ with them.

That is why, to Korea’s music industry, and especially the idol industry, Shinhwa is such an exceptional and peerless existence. 

Shinhwa stood on a music program 19 years ago on 24 March. They have held more concerts, domestic and overseas, than any idols, and have always performed on stage passionately. Shinhwa will be celebrating their 19th anniversary in their own unique ways. They will be holding their ‘19th anniversary concert’ over 2 days at the Jamsil Auxiliary Stadium in Seoul on June 17 and 18. Very much like Shinhwa.

sr: MTStarNews
translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

Direct Link: http://malpabo.tumblr.com/post/158739953411/op-ed-24-march-1998-they-were-there-at-show

• Like 2

SHINHWA’S 18TH VLIVE ENTERTAINMENT SHOW TO PREMIERE ON MARCH 24TH + TEASER

tumblr_inline_on3z53quAF1qcufwd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_on3z5hAmol1qcufwd_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_on3z5qE7WU1qcufwd_500.jpg

First episode to be premiered on March 24th at 8PM (KST)

6-MINUTE TEASER: http://www.vlive.tv/video/25272

To buy coins for the broadcast (full package of 6 episodes for 800 coins or individual episode for 150 coins each): http://www.vlive.tv/product/ds00u00u00000029

If you buy the full package, you and a friend can enter a raffle draw. 10 persons can win an autographed CD with all Shinhwa members’ signatures. Entry period: March 20th - 23rd (KST)

Price List for Vlive Coins:

tumblr_inline_on3z2xlEXW1qcufwd_500.jpg

Source: Naver Vlive Event

Thank's to http://ericmun.tumblr.com/post/158623066844/shinhwas-18th-vlive-entertainment-show-to

• Like 1

Shinhwa Celebrates 19 Years Together With A Self-Produced Travel Reality Show

070916_shinhwa_01-1.jpg

It has been 19 years since Shinhwa’s debut, and the boys have prepared a very special gift for the fans!

On March 24, the official date of their anniversary, the group will celebrate with fans through the debut of their own V Live+ travel reality broadcast “Shinhwa’s 18th.”

The unscripted program will follow the members on their shared healing trip through Gapyeong, a famously scenic region of South Korea’s Gyeonggi province. “Shinhwa’s 18th” is also the first project where the members have complete creative control over the show, having taken part in everything from planning to production.

Upon the announcement, Shinhwa Company added that the program will be “a present of special memories for fans who have given [Shinhwa] their unwavering love over the years.”

Catch “Shinhwa’s 18th” when it airs on V Live+ on March 24 at 8 p.m. KST!

Source (1) + SOOMPI

• Like 2

Shinhwa celebrate 19th anniversary thanking fans for their support

Minwoo,Shinhwa,Junjin,Minwoo,Minwoo

Group Shinhwa will be celebrating their 19th anniversary on March 24 as the members thanked fans for their continuous support over the years via their SNS page.

Junjin wrote, "We are Shinhwa. Shinhwa Changjo forever. We love you." 

Fellow member Minwoo commented, "Commemorating Shinhwa's 19 years...Thank you so much."

In light of their anniversary, the group will be spending time with their beloved fans through Naver V App Live as a way of expressing their appreciation.

Shinhwa Company stated, "We would like to thank all the fans who have expressed their great interest and support in celebrating Shinhwa's 19th anniversary. Please look forward to the special gift."

Source: http://www.allkpop.com

• Like 2

HAPPY 19TH ANNIVERSARY TO SHINHWA <3

I've disappeared from here for too longgg. Adult life is a poop. Hope everyone has been well and I'm glad the thread has been moving :D

hearts-shinhwa:

When you put Shinhwa in a Vlive relay, there’s bound to be delay

tumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo2_500.png

tumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo1_250.giftumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo3_250.gif

tumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo4_250.giftumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo5_250.gif

tumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo6_250.giftumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo7_250.gif

And the Sha Wujing Eric mentioned lol:

HAHAHAHA they're forever dorks. And omg dongwannie's back :wub: (where's that nosebleed emoticon when you need it?!). I didn't realise I needed to have vlive premium to watch their new show until last night when I tried to watch it :( maybe in the future, they'll make it available for everyone.

• Like 2

A few of my current daily replays on yt:

cr. All About Shinhwa

Shooting Star was never one of my fav Shinhwa songs but this has been on replay. They look so cool during the start and rock themed beat (Minwoo with that jacket+hood...). Just love it. The fans are chanting so loudly too and seeing minwoo and dongwannie taking off their ear phones to hear shcj chant the  "shinhwa won't be defeated" line is awesome.

cr. 가온
Just a cute one of them mucking around as usual.

cr na yull

Minwoo and Eric trying to throw Hyesung off the start is so funny. And since this is a fancam , the fans singing along sound extra loud!! It sounds so cool x_x

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, *.:AnGeL*BAbII:.* said:

HAPPY 19TH ANNIVERSARY TO SHINHWA <3

I've disappeared from here for too longgg. Adult life is a poop. Hope everyone has been well and I'm glad the thread has been moving :D

hearts-shinhwa:

When you put Shinhwa in a Vlive relay, there’s bound to be delay

tumblr_onbtgtd7OV1s6uimwo2_500.png

And the Sha Wujing Eric mentioned lol:

HAHAHAHA they're forever dorks. And omg dongwannie's back :wub: (where's that nosebleed emoticon when you need it?!). I didn't realise I needed to have vlive premium to watch their new show until last night when I tried to watch it :( maybe in the future, they'll make it available for everyone.

Wow Thanks for the post!!!  as always these dorks hahahahaha!!! 

Happy Anniv ORANGE FAMILY!!!! 

• Like 1

@moca_hanzel thank you for keeping this thread moving all the time!! :)

msmemaaaa:

1998.03.24 - forever
Happy 19th anniversary ..19 years of love & friendship with Shinhwa ♥ .. Thank you Shinhwa for staying together for 19 years & many more years to come .. thank you for being this loyal & dedicated to the group throughout years .. you make me so proud of being a Shinhwa Changjo. I love you so much ♥♥
Wish you all success & we celebrate together the 30th, 40th anniversaries & more to come, eternal promise, 2gether 4ever ♥
#HappyShinhwaDay
#신화_19주년_축하해
#19주년_신화는_꺾이지_않아
#싢복절_666일_축하해

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo5_r3_500.gif

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo2_500.gif

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo8_r2_500.gif

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo6_r3_500.gif

tumblr_ona0pp7jWa1rvbzggo3_r1_500.gif

^ One of my fav anniversary posts on tumblr!! I'm weak whenever there are shinhwa quotes.
  • Like 2