[drama 2006] My Lovely Fool 내사랑 못난이

Guest dramaok

Guest dramaok

i believe chayeon didn't get a chance to tell dj about duri but she tried, and she also didn't want to jeopardize her chance to make 1 million bucks to save duri.

in saipan before they got married, dongju didn't want to speak to her at all.

and in ep. 8 when chayeon begged before getting kicked out she seemed like she wanted to say something to explain her relationship with hotae but dongju told her to shut up.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm rewatching episode 5 whilst waiting for this friday ... and the scene when cy walked in wearily to the room & just dropped right into her bed & woke dj with her mumbling ... that was soo sweet. love seeing how confortable & contented he is when he just lied there looking at her back when she started singing herself to sleep & then his smile when she starts snoring away. awwwwwwww ... and when yk's call rang .. he just took off his battery and told a startled cy to go back to bed & he went back to sleep with a smile too. :wub:

oh yes ... can anyone help translate the conversation between dj & cy goes when she hands him his handkerchief? it's around 13:11 ... he had so much fun teasing her until he got on the subject of duri. i think he mockingly apologized for calling her ahjummuni and then call her 'yobo' and then she told him she's doing what he paid her for or something and told him to make lots of money? and in 14:40 ... what did dj say to halmunee about cy?? and cy's expression when the grandma overrides mom's objection to her attending the company event is so cute. :lol:

and gotta love the part when yk called him in office & he told his assistant to tell her he's still in a meeting & for her to call his wife & ask her to go to the boutique.

the part where she tried on clothes for him ... doesn't it remind anyone of lovers in paris?? think the writer ripped the idea from there? :rolleyes: although psm is so much funnier with his smirky expression unlike psy's dead pan look.

i just saw the rating position for this drama on the news thread ... is this one of the very few occasions that friday night series made it in the top 10 of the rating?

Translation of ep 5 that exupery requested:

Pretty much when CY handed him the hankerchief, he said that she was doing all the wifely duties in a proper and best way (crap i suck at this translation stuff) along with the appelation, ajumah :lol:

She said that she would do all those wifely duties since he was paying her and she has to do it all right anyway.

Then we get the scene where he asks her who is DR and if he was her lover from Saipon and what kind of name is that. She replied not to use his name like that and he is more important to her than her life itself.

The next translation of the grandma scene:

DJ was teasing Cy and saying to the grandma to request for her order her around and make her sing. And to give her treats if it pleases her. He also likened CY to a monkey in a zoo where a monkey will do tricks if you give them treats. That scene was hilarious.

Sorry for the lousy translations, im doing this on the fly and i have to go out again! :huh:

I think that friday night dramas do generally well, im not too sure about them really. But i know that they are the most provocative of the rest of the dramas that come out during the week and touch on all types of mature themes. I havent watched one in awhile but this is the first time in a long time i got hooked again and probably the rest of the ajummahs in korea who are with us in spirit or via internet screaming over DJ. ;) .

Guest dramaok

great caps dramaok!!!!!!!!!!! that's such a sizzling scene. :wub:

gosh ... it's a he? and he wrote happy end?? :o i found 'sarang ni' extremely boring though but it's a matter of taste i suppose. wow ... can't wait to see what twists & turns this guy is gonna come up with. thanks for the info.

i'm sorry i gave you wrong info. there's another writer by the exact name who wrote this. another jeong woojin, and i think this one is a she, and she wrote the drama 'wild flower' and 'a morning without farewell'.. both morning dramas. sorry about that confusion. i was a bit skeptical of my initial post since it doesn't make since for someone famous in the film world to venture into tv drama without much buzz in the news, so i did more search and sure enough i got confused. ^^

i just saw the rating position for this drama on the news thread ... is this one of the very few occasions that friday night series made it in the top 10 of the rating?

actually friday night dramas have been doing pretty okay since its debut last year. 'love sympathy' i think scored in the high teens and both 'that woman' and 'one day suddenly' pass the 20% mark, but not until it's last few episodes. i think 'tears of diamond' did pretty well but i can't remember the exact figures. the lowest rated one was 'i'm running too' and even that did pretty well by the end, finishing up at around 19%. these are pretty good numbers considering friday night dramas tend to be lower-budged gigs, as compared to something like mon-tue night drama that features a heavyweight star. even some of the best dramas of this year such as 'alone in love' never surpassed the 20% mark. not to mention the current sbs one 'stranger than paradise' with its expensive budget scored in 2.9% last week.

the song is a golden oldie 미워요 (mi-weo-yo) by 심수봉 (shim su-bong). chayeon sang the original version and dongju played it out on piano. there was no dialogue between the two in that scene but their eyes spoke volumes!! and it was sooooooooo sexy of dongju to do that. he pays so much attention to her!!!!!!!

Thanks dramaok for the info and great recaps! Had to watch that piano scene again, which made me watch the outdoor theater scene again, and before I knew it, saw all of ep5-8 again.

oh yes ... can anyone help translate the conversation between dj & cy goes when she hands him his handkerchief? it's around 13:11 ... he had so much fun teasing her until he got on the subject of duri. i think he mockingly apologized for calling her ahjummuni and then call her 'yobo' and then she told him she's doing what he paid her for or something and told him to make lots of money? and in 14:40 ... what did dj say to halmunee about cy?? and cy's expression when the grandma overrides mom's objection to her attending the company event is so cute. :lol:

Since they are fresh in my mind, I will try to give a more detailed translation of the scenes requested.

In CY and DJ's room:

DJ: Oh, that's something, ajumuni.

CY: (gives him that “tsk“ and warning glance)

DJ: Ah, my mistake, sorry, yobo.

CY: I told you that I will earn my share. Since I am getting paid to be a wife, I should do it properly.

DJ: Very professional.

CY: Then earn lots of money today, yobo.

DJ: Is Duri a person? You called out the name so earnestly. Is he a lover that you left in Saipan? What kind of name is Duri?

CY: Don't mention my man's name so frivolously. He is more important to me than my life. (CJ leaves the room – damn, why couldn't you say he was your terminally son and that is why you took this job in the first place?)

DJ: So you have a lover.

In Grandma's room:

DJ: Grandma, have fun playing with her today. If she sings, throw a treat as well. Like at the zoo, when you throw food to the monkeys, they get excited and perform more tricks.

GR: Is the company banquet tomorrow?

MIL: Are you planning to attend even though you're not feeling well?

GR: I need to show everyone that I'm not dead yet. And you, take CY out today and buy her clothes.

MIL: No, you're not planning to bring her as well?

GR: Why not? Since they're not even having a wedding, this is the opportunity to introduce her to everyone at the company.

MIL: (more protests)

GR: Just do what I say...why is there so much protest?

thank you sooooo much dramaok, bellaangel & hscent. you gals are the best. gosh ... i'm loving this drama even more after knowing the details of what's being exchanged between dj & cy. :wub:

can i be greedy & ask for the water fight translation?? what did dj say to cy that provokes it and what did he say later on in the bathroom to himself wryly?? i wonder what the grandma said when the gardener commented about the water fight to her. haha

and it's so interesting that after dj picked up ht's call ... when yk called ... he pretended to sound so solicitious towards her and purposely calling out her name and asking her gently what's wrong? then in the car ... he curtly told her he's on his way.

Guest dramaok

new pictures:

Img0402_20060905110105.jpg

Img0402_20060905110149.jpg

Img0402_20060905110210.jpg

Img0402_20060905105710.jpg

Img0402_20060905105941.jpg

from sbs. this friday, after chayeon leaves shin's household, she moves in with duri and hotae in the rooftop house and begins working in the kitchen washing dishes and such, at the nightclub hotae works as driver for the drunk. but when there's a shortage in stage singer at the club, chayeon gets a chance and performs on the stage.

and i was skimming through the hot bbs board at sbs and most ppl say the one who is kneeling is indeed yookyeong the actress, to ask him for forgiveness after he finds out she is the who had the photos taken and sent to his mother. that board get like 100 posts a day about this drama. everyone's so smittened by sang min oppa ~

btw in case you haven't heard or seen, park sang-min and kim ji-yeong appeared on this week's 'ya shim man man (야심만만)'. the one that aired on 9-4-06.

yashimum1.jpg

yashim2zx5.jpg

nonclubbox users the link for that episode will be available soon in the resource forum.

ooooh ... i'm gonna download that episode of yashim man man.

mic ... can you find any bio on psm? thanks so much!! *muaaaaaaaah*

edit: just found this on koreanwiz ... you have anything else to add on top of that?

========================

PARK SANG MIN (Pak Sang Min)

Born: October 9, 1970

School: Seoul Art College (Cinema major)

Family: He has 2 older brothers.

TV dramas: Ladies of the Palace (Kil-sang); Dear Encounter (Sukju); Full of Sun (Ho-tae); A Sunny Place of the Young; Did We Really Love? (Suk-koo)

Movies: Man Story (1998); Sky Doctor (1997); Hoodlum Lessons (1996); Come to Me (1996); 48+1 (1995); Bitter and Sweet (1995); No Exit (1993); General's Son III (1992); A Woman Who Doesn't Divorce (1992); General's Son II (1991); General's Son (1990)

Awards: Blue Dragon Most Promising Actor Award (1991); Grand Bell Most Promising Award (1991)

credit: www.koreanwiz.org

==================

wow ... i watch did we really love but i don't remember him ... is he loser-ish friend of bae yong jun who got together with his sister played by lee na young?? i remember hating that character back when i was watching that drama. haha other than that don't think i've seen anything else he was in.

wow ... i watch did we really love but i don't remember him ... is he loser-ish friend of bae yong jun who got together with his sister played by lee na young?? i remember hating that character back when i was watching that drama. haha other than that don't think i've seen anything else he was in.

I just brought 'Did We Really Love'. I was about to start watching it last night when I notice Pak Sang Min was playing a shady character. Since Im currently in luv with DJ I immediately turn it off.; I don't want to watch anything that will destroy my mood!!!!!!

I just brought 'Did We Really Love'. I was about to start watching it last night when I notice Pak Sang Min was playing a shady character. Since Im currently in luv with DJ I immediately turn it off.; I don't want to watch anything that will destroy my mood!!!!!!

oooh ... you're just going to start watching that drama? haha ... yeah don't watch that drama till you finish this one. his character is pretty annoying along with lee na young. if i'm not wrong on his role in that drama. i've only a vague recollection. who knows though ... maybe you will be liking him in that drama since you're all into him now? :unsure: all i can say is he's one of those men who age well and look better now than when they were younger.

i wonder how you will like that drama though ... i remember crying buckets watching that. :lol:

Our main couple on YSMM!! I'm so excited!

can i be greedy & ask for the water fight translation?? what did dj say to cy that provokes it and what did he say later on in the bathroom to himself wryly?? i wonder what the grandma said when the gardener commented about the water fight to her. haha

No problem. I tried watching a Chinese drama without subs so I feel your pain.

Infamous water-fight scene:

DJ: Did you pick the most expensive one (dress)?

CY: I just need to return it to the shop, right?

DJ: Too bad...your lover will have to wait. Even if you return the dress, the shop will credit the credit card and not give you a cash refund...haha.

CY: (spray!)

DJ: Can't you hold that straight?

CY: I am but the water is so strong. oh...oh...in rich houses, even the water is very strong. (spray! spray!)

DJ: This ajumma.

CY: Ah...now it's ajumma (really sprays it on now)

DJ: You want to start something? (grabs the hose away from CY and more spray! Spray!)

CY: This ajusshi. Didn't think you would be like this.

DJ: Oh...now it's ajusshi (SPRAY!)

Gardener: This is the first time that I've seen our president like this.

GM: He's finally met his match.

CY: You're dead!

Later at the sink:

DJ: What am I doing?

ooooh ... i'm gonna download that episode of yashim man man.

mic ... can you find any bio on psm? thanks so much!! *muaaaaaaaah*

edit: just found this on koreanwiz ... you have anything else to add on top of that?

========================

PARK SANG MIN (Pak Sang Min)

Born: October 9, 1970

School: Seoul Art College (Cinema major)

Family: He has 2 older brothers.

TV dramas: Ladies of the Palace (Kil-sang); Dear Encounter (Sukju); Full of Sun (Ho-tae); A Sunny Place of the Young; Did We Really Love? (Suk-koo)

Movies: Man Story (1998); Sky Doctor (1997); Hoodlum Lessons (1996); Come to Me (1996); 48+1 (1995); Bitter and Sweet (1995); No Exit (1993); General's Son III (1992); A Woman Who Doesn't Divorce (1992); General's Son II (1991); General's Son (1990)

Awards: Blue Dragon Most Promising Actor Award (1991); Grand Bell Most Promising Award (1991)

credit: www.koreanwiz.org

==================

Is he married? i cant believe im asking if my ajjushi is married right now :phew:

I havent had the time to check out the message board but my parents (particularly my mom) is crazy over this drama. Alot of the older generation (what you would call the ajummahs) are really into the storyline of this drama and now the audience has diversified and reeling in the gals who are in their 20s.

Good job to the detective work in our thread, we knew before that it was YK ;)

hscent ... a million thanks for the dialogue translation. you're an angel. gosh ... i'm gonna buy this drama if it ever comes out with subs. it's already good just guessing what's happening but to actually know what's being said made even more difference.

bellaangel ... that's what i would like to know too! keke ... which is why i'm asking if anyone else has anything to add. thanks for speaking my mind. :lol: great to hear this drama is gaining a lot of interest ... hope the ratings keep rising.

Guest dramaok

YA SHIM MAN MAN (9-4-06): park sang min, kim ji yeong, mc mong

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9HCPX5F

src creidesca box

=============

lol park sang min is NOT married. :lol: he's your ELIGIBLE BACHELOR!!!!!

he's been more active in film world than drama world. unfortunely most of the films were box office misses. except his debut film 'general's son' was very popular.

M0020323_97k4505[W500-].jpgM0020325_97k4507[W500-].jpg

'sky doctor' (1998). starring role.

manpk6.jpg

'story of man' (1998) with choi minsoo. (another hot ahjussi).

091535_sc137[W500-].jpg

'whistling princess' (2002) with ji seong and kim hyeonju.

C1479-06.jpg

'tube' (2003) with kim seok-hoon and bae doona.

dramaok what can I say ... You are the best! I am not sure what is better the screen caps or finding out he is not married!

hscent Thanks for the translation. Knowing the conversation adds so much depth to our enjoyment and understanding about is going on. Thank you!

exupery - I am not into cry-baby dramas but I could not resist 44 episodes of Bae Yong-Joon. I really really did not know it was a sad drama until after I ordered it! Oh well, I guess the tears have to flow sometimes!

bellaangel012 - Thank you for the translation! Hope we are not putting too much strain on you!

ok,

Im going to throw a question out there, who thinks that DJ will accept DR if he found out that he was CY's son and this is with all the impending surprises to be thrown in later on?

And no problem gerryq, i just wish i could devote more time to translating more. But hscent is doing a fabulous job here B)actually maybe it would be good if someone can translate the convo between HT and CY about him trying to persuade her not to marry DJ. I could have sworn that ive watched the scene but i cant seem to find it in the version that i have. I definitely saw it on the LQ version so i know im not going completely crazy as Mic just validated a few posts before.

Also, thanks to all those posting our lovely SM's pics, and such good news to hear that he's not married. :phew: I have to dl the YSMM episode as soon as i get home, that is if i ever get out of work <_<

ok,

Im going to throw a question out there, who thinks that DJ will accept DR if he found out that he was CY's son and this is with all the impending surprises to be thrown in later on?

And no problem gerryq, i just wish i could devote more time to translating more. But hscent is doing a fabulous job here B) actually maybe it would be good if someone can translate the convo between HT and CY about him trying to persuade her not to marry DJ. I could have sworn that ive watched the scene but i cant seem to find it in the version that i have. I definitely saw it on the LQ version so i know im not going completely crazy as Mic just validated a few posts before.

Also, thanks to all those posting our lovely SM's pics, and such good news to hear that he's not married. :phew: I have to dl the YSMM episode as soon as i get home, that is if i ever get out of work <_<

Ive been thinking about the Duri situation. This is so hard to figure out. I am sure DJ and especially his grandmothers wants an heir (preferably their own bloodline). But I think DJ love for CY and CY subsequent love for Duri will lead DJ to accept Duri. To what degree is an unknown for me. If given a chance I am sure Duri will bring joy into the household. Look at how he brings happiness to DJs brother and ex-sil.

What do you think will happen? I personally want them to have their own child in addition to raising Duri.

Ive been thinking about the Duri situation. This is so hard to figure out. I am sure DJ and expecially his grandmothers wants an heir (preferably their own bloodline). But I think DJ love for CY and CY subsequent love for Duri will lead DJ to accept Duri. To what degree is an unknown for me. If given a chance I am sure Duri will bring joy into the household. Look at how he brings happiness to DJs brother and ex-sil.

What do you think will happen? I personally want them to have their own child inaddition to raising Duri.

i want the same thing but nothing is ever so simple in real life and especially for this drama, i dont expect it either. WIth any other drama, yes, but with this one, i highly doubt it. DR's real parentage hasnt been revealed yet and i think that is going to be the breaking point for all of them.

I love the little kid to death but i feel as though that the storyline will take a turn for the worst for him because like i said, im thinking he might be the sacrficial lamb for all of them to get a fresh start.

I think CY knew that they wouldnt accept DR if she told them from the get go that he was her son. She knew to some extent that she was marrying into extreme wealth and as with the old school thought, they would obviously want someone of great wealth like SH to be bearing a son to carry on the family business. Its expected; nothing more or less.

oh crap, now i have to get my box of tissues ready!

nooooo.. duri doesn't need to die and hopefully he won't.. he's still alive until episode 10.. we know that for sure.. there's really no need to kill him off as I don't want Dj to have to live through the guilt once again.. of not saving Duri..especially with Duri's identity and all.. that won't be right.

nooooo.. duri doesn't need to die and hopefully he won't.. he's still alive until episode 10.. we know that for sure.. there's really no need to kill him off as I don't want Dj to have to live through the guilt once again.. of not saving Duri..especially with Duri's identity and all.. that won't be right... so I'm crossing my finger that Duri won't die.. at least not anytime soon.. hehe.. wait.. scratch that.. i mean i hope Duri won't die AT ALL!!!

Archived