His new post!

14 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

@azureblue The Poca event is supposed to be today? I'm a bit confused as to what is going to happen in it- will you be able to ask him questions?

The video talk and fan meeting will be on Valentine's day for winners. Nothing today I think. The last day to order was supposed to be 31 Dec but it was extended.

More information here

https://www.makestar.co/projects/actor_janghyuk_01/story

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched a show called HAN RIVER POLICE; not very good show- the usual blas'e treatment of murder and other crimes, making an emotional investment impossible. I was mostly bored. The reason why I'm mentioning this show is the dry facts about the show- I have no idea on which channel it was broadcast, but it had only 8 episodes, showed people smoking (!), had nudity and an explicit sex scene! What Korean channels show these kind of shows? Again, the show wasn't great, but I'd love JH to do something that is not encomberd by the usual KDrama rules and censorship.

Another thing that I noticed in this show and others, and it really bothers me- what's with Korean shows and back pats?! :blink: I mean, they focus on it almost like they would focus on a kiss! In the show HAN RIVER POLICE it happened after the bad guy had sex with a prostitute. At the end she for some reason did the back pat, which was very strange! And it's always the same- the camera will always delay on the hand, and it's always this awkward slow raising of the hand, and then doing a slow "pat-pat-pat". JH always does it that way, and it really bothers me. :wacko: It's clearly not comforting, though It's supposed to convey comfort. usually a back pat is quicker and also involves stroking of the back. I know it's a silly thing to notice, but it just bothers me... :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

On 1/2/2024 at 11:45 PM, kohnlee said:

Any idea where can I watch housekeeping man? And JH appeared in epi 326 right ?

thanks in advance!

I only know of Ondemandkorea website but may need a VPN and no subs are available anywhere. You can only watch clips of it on KBS entertainment channel. Hyuk appeared in ep 321 and 326. 

• Like 2

hohstMN.gif

Last poll of 2023! Who were the most iconic FLs? Most disappointing dramas? Favorite kdrama trends?

Your Event Organizers

PS. Family on the list... :tears:

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 2:41 PM, YouwinJH said:

Hahaha! To be fair it was pretty forgettable so I don't blame you at all

Will be on the lookout for JNR's next starting this Saturday just to take notes on how much better it will be story wise though from the previews it seems overly dramatic for my taste. I suspect it will be something like The Glory (in terms of her past trauma) though I haven't seen that show. I will roll my eyes if they go for something as underwhelming and pedantic as her husband having an affair with her friend

Lol they did go with the affair plot

Spoiler

Except her husband is a twin and one of them died (allegedly) so we don't know if she's living with her husband or his bro

I've hit pause on the drama for now because it hasn't hooked me yet plot wise and it's far too melodramatic for my taste. Still it's better than Family simply because stuff happens in the first few episodes, and there is no dreadful comedy

Looks like the main SK production companies have announced their 2024 lineup. Every man and his dog has casting news except JH. Can't say I'm not sad about it. Maybe we'll get something in the 2nd half of the year? JNR has a new SBS show about divorce lawyers planned I think for the first half of the year...with one of the actors from Little Women (the female lead in Suspicious Partner which I was forced to watch because of my mum who loved the actor playing the male lead at the time).

Anywho, happy new year everyone. See you around :offtospace:

Edit: Finished Gyeongseong Creature and I loved it. They gave an open-ended ending so looks like there might be a season 2. I would be so happy if JH becomes involved - if only!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Lol they did go with the affair plot

Hide contents

Except her husband is a twin and one of them died (allegedly) so we don't know if she's living with her husband or his bro

I've hit pause on the drama for now because it hasn't hooked me yet plot wise and it's far too melodramatic for my taste. Still it's better than Family simply because stuff happens in the first few episodes, and there is no dreadful comedy

Looks like the main SK production companies have announced their 2024 lineup. Every man and his dog has casting news except JH. Can't say I'm not sad about it. Maybe we'll get something in the 2nd half of the year? JNR has a new SBS show about divorce lawyers planned I think for the first half of the year...with one of the actors from Little Women (the female lead in Suspicious Partner which I was forced to watch because of my mum who loved the actor playing the male lead at the time).

That's dissappointing, but not surprising, I guess. It looks like JH is going all in with this new venture of his, and, as we all know- once JH makes up his mind, there is no swaying him! He has decided he's moving on to the next stage of his career, and it seems like, this is what he's gonna do! All I can hope is that he will make good script first priority. Action we already know he is a master of. Combine his action abilities with a good script, and I will be in heaven!

Another thing- you mentioned LSK's death. I read more about the case and it was pretty terrible. What these blackmailers did, was made so much worse by the behavior of the Korean police as well and the Korean netizens, not to mention the companies that sued him for demages, essentially driving him to do what he did in order to save his family from debt. I think the other big celebrities should act in order to prevent another such case from recuring. 

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson I wish I shared your certainty and optimism about JH having a plan. It's still a little hazy to me about what it is and how it will materialise. The album thingie would have made more sense when he had back to back action films - Swordsman, Paid in Blood, Killer. That said I think he mentioned getting inspired with a concept while working on the album. Maybe something is already in development. But who knows how long that will take. I also share your sentiments about a good script. Until a good script materialises I remain sceptical

I'm not a patient person I suppose and it doesn't help that I'm seeing so many projects signed off and his name isn't on any of them. Plus not being so keen on his action stuff it probably means I have to wait even longer for him to do other genres if at all. Don't mind me because I realise we're all on the same boat with the waiting. I've got a strategy to distract myself but my mind tends to wander like it did today

Re LSK, it is absolutely horrid what happened to him. Not sure how much of it will trigger a culture change. I suspect it won't. I can't imagine what his family must be going through right now, especially his young sons. Horrible

• Like 3

9 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

@Biology Lesson I wish I shared your certainty and optimism about JH having a plan. It's still a little hazy to me about what it is and how it will materialise. The album thingie would have made more sense when he had back to back action films - Swordsman, Paid in Blood, Killer. That said I think he mentioned getting inspired with a concept while working on the album. Maybe something is already in development. But who knows how long that will take. I also share your sentiments about a good script. Until a good script materialises I remain sceptical

I'm not a patient person I suppose and it doesn't help that I'm seeing so many projects signed off and his name isn't on any of them. Plus not being so keen on his action stuff it probably means I have to wait even longer for him to do other genres if at all. Don't mind me because I realise we're all on the same boat with the waiting. I've got a strategy to distract myself but my mind tends to wander like it did today

It's not about being optimistic. It's about hearing what JH has said. He's now working on creating a brand. An action brand. Is it the right thing to do? I don't know. Sounds strange to me, but I don't know what he knows, and what he experienced in the industry. So maybe it makes sense. Can't say. I will say that I respect him tremendously for daring to do something different. To take a risk. I hope to god he will succede. Unlike you, I loved The Killer, so I trust his judgement when it comes to doing his own thing. The mistakes that were made around The Killer were promotional ones, and I think this is where JH needs to learn from them. 

I can't imagine how much work he's putting into this, and I guess it's why he's not taking any new roles in the mean time. After Family I learned my lesson. Just doing another show is not enough. I want him to do a good show/project! Considering how I don't like most Kdramas, I will wait if it mean him doing a good project

9 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Re LSK, it is absolutely horrid what happened to him. Not sure how much of it will trigger a culture change. I suspect it won't. I can't imagine what his family must be going through right now, especially his young sons. Horrible

Yeah, it's quite shocking what happened, and from I heard the director of Parasite is leading a campaign demanding an investigation into what happened. I think it's important, since every actor/celebrity can become a victim to a similar situation. 

• Like 3

Don't know if you guys know this, but in case you don't, there's a new bluray of Please Teach Me English. It comes in a really nice textured slip case and has photocards! Beautiful release.

I wasn't a huge fan of this movie but it's cute and I will never pass up a chance to own anything JH has ever done on physical media in glorious HD lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

The winners' lists for Jang Hyuk fan signing and video call events are out! Go check it at https://makestar.co/projects/actor_janghyuk_01/story
to see if you won..

Hope you have better luck than me. I didn't win anything.

You signed up for both? For fan signing you have to travel to South Korea right?

• Like 1