Cheon Ho-jin vs Cho Seung-woo vs Jang Hyuk - close fight for Baeksang Arts Award Best Actor category

Nominations for each category of the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards  have been announced, and the competition for the Best Actor Award in the TV category is tough.

On 6th April, the nominees for all the awards were announced on the official homepage at 6 pm. In the Best TV actor category, the nominees are Kim Sang-joong (MBC 'Rebel') , Jang Hyuk  (MBC 'Money Flower'), Cho Seung-woo (tvN 'Secret Forest'), Park Seo-joon (KBS2 'Fight for my way) and Cheon Ho Jin (KBS2 'My Golden Life').

In terms of ratings and topic, "My Golden Life" is a strong candidate. Cheon Ho-jin played Seo Tae-soo, who dies of cancer after struggling with the family all his life despite poor performance. He has played hard to show a father's appearance in today's era, and his last episode's viewer rating was 45.1 percent (Nielsen-Korea, national standard). He also won the Grand Daesang Award at the 2017 KBS Drama Awards last year.

Jang Hyuk and Cho Seung-woo are also very outstanding in their performances. Jang Hyuk played Kang Pil-joo, executive director of the legal team at Cheong-ah Group's strategic planning office and lawyer in  "Money Flower" which gained a highest rating of 23.9%. While leading the overall story of the drama, he was said to have shown a life performance through this work.

Cho Seung-woo played the role of prosecutor Hwang Shi-mok, who sees the world without any emotion in " Secret Forest ". He made a comeback to TV dramas four years after SBS's " God's Gift - 14 days " in 2014, and now the actors and writers are known to be colluding with each other for the second season.

Kim Sang-joong plays Hong Gil-Dong's father in the drama "Rebel ". He proved his acting ability once again as he produced the thirty-part drama, and received the Daesang prize from the 2017 MBC acting award.

Park Seo-joon, who was reborn as the " perfect general trend, "  played the role of a character fighter who represents youth in " Fight, My Way. " Although he has a short acting career compared to the other big stars, he is highly praised for having led a successful career in a production.

From Cheon Ho-jin to Park Seo-joon, each of the five actors who played the title role in each drama is raising high expectations of who will hold the glory trophy.

Meanwhile, the award ceremony will be held at COEX D Hall, Gangnam-gu, Seoul on May 3 at 9:30 pm.

0003754689_001_20180406191807484.jpg?typ

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003754689

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@Prettysup I must really salute you! I have a hard time trying to decipher what the Google translation was trying to say but after reading your translation, it makes so much more sense! :tongue: You are really good!

Haha some parts I googled the actors and dramas names coz I didnt watch any of the other dramas except Money Flower.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha some parts I googled the actors and dramas names coz I didnt watch any of the other dramas except Money Flower.

Wow! But you still managed to decode some of the weird sentences.. haha.. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk nominated for 54th Baeksang Arts Award (Best Actor - TV category) for his role in drama 'Money Flower'

All the best to Jang hyuk for the upcoming awards. Even though the competition is tough I think he can win.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:40 AM, azureblue7 said:

As usual thanks for sharing so many Hyukie updates and translations @azureblue7.

This synopsis looks different from the earlier synopsis of the movie. Is JH's character blind only in one eye? These posters don't look like official posters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

So we should be expecting his trip to Grandcanyon from 10 April and it will carry on for 4-5 weeks follow by Greasy Melo from 30 April??

i can’t wait ! 

Yeah!!!  We will get to watch him on variety and drama..  just like last year when we got to watch him on Dragon Club and Money Flower. We are really the luckiest fans.

Btw, for those who want to catch the travel show live this coming Tuesday at Korean time 2130, you can download "Hola VPN " app and key in this website  http://monair.jtbc.joins.com  to watch. Otherwise you can watch the replay on the same JTBC website.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I can’t wait to watch the trip program

tmr! I hope the subtitles will come out real soon ! 

And i I literally gasped when I saw this! He looks soooo damn good! Am

i the only who feels that this feels like Tony Leung?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I can’t wait to watch the trip program

tmr! I hope the subtitles will come out real soon ! 

And i I literally gasped when I saw this! He looks soooo damn good! Am

i the only who feels that this feels like Tony Leung?

Haha finally he posted, he usually is the first one to post spoilers for his new shows and I was waiting for this. Hmm it didnt occur to me that this feels like Tony Leung.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he looks much better than Tony leung.. hehehe..

Oh yes! He did mention he likes tony leung’s expressive eyes and we love his expressive eyes as well :) 

Premiering 7 May!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah!! I think it will be just nice, starting only the travel program ends. So there is no clash. That means, starting from today, we will get to see Hyukie every week!!! :D

Hee hee hee sounds very good! 

• Like 4