[drama 2004] Sweet Buns/ Red Bean Buns 단팥빵

armanigurl

[MBC] Choi Kang-Hee, Park Kwang-Hyun
Anyone watched this?? I watched this over the weekend. It was pretty enjoyable and cute. hehe. The story just goes round in circles.. LoL, but Dan Pat Bbang and Han Ga Ran are really cute together. Basically the story is about two enemies who hate each other to death, but then both got their hearts broken around the same time. So they discover that as they begin to stop hating each other, their wounds actually started to heal. They then decided to date each other to help each other deal with the pain and eventually fall in love :)

3677963_320x320.jpg

icon02.gifChoi Kang-Hee, Park Jwang-Hyun, Jeong Chan, Jeong So-Youngicon03.gifLee Jae-Dongicon04.gifLee Suk-Jinicon05.gif24 epsicon06.gif-icon07.gif-icon08.gif2004/7/4 ~

3678323_313x313.jpg

Synopsis

Ka-Ran and Nam-Joon were classmates in elementary school. Ka-Ran is a tomboy who prefers trousers to skirts, and loves taekwondo more than her piano lessons. Nam-Joon on the other hand is Mr. Perfect and Wonderful who's got the good looks and the fine brain. No doubt, he is the most popular guy among the girls. One day, Ka-Ran witnesses the scene where Nam-Joon gives away the sweet bun which he got from Ka-Ran's friend to another girl. Ka-Ran throws herself at Nam-Joon and beats him up. From that on, their "nightmare(?)" begins... and Nam-Joon were classmatesn elementary school. Ka-Ran is a tomboy who prefers trousers to skirts, and loves taekwondo more than her piano lessons. Nam-Joon on the other hand is Mr. Perfect and Wonderful who's got the good looks and the fine brain. No doubt, he is the most popular guy among the girls. One day, Ka-Ran witnesses the scene where Nam-Joon gives away theeet bun which he got from Ka-Ran's friendb_1.jpganother girl. Ka-Ranlf at Nam-Joon and beats him up. From that on, their "nigh

Hahn, Ga-Ran (acted by Choi, Kang-Hee)

She's the only daughter but she's not the common spoiled-little-brat only child. She's rather more of a maid who's always ready to give and serve than a princess who's ready to be served. She prefers trousers to skirts. She's satisfied with what she's got and never envious of what other people have. She's bright, active, and optimistic. She's very naughty boasting a great amount of energy. This makes her very popular among her students. To her, loyalty and integrity always come first. She always knows what is right or wrong and where to go but when it comes to love, she's totally lost.

b_2.jpg

Ahn, Nam-Joon (acted by Park, Jwang-Hyun)

He was the youngest man to pass the bar exam and currently working as a lawyer for a construction company. He's got the good physical looks and a brain, in other words he's the "Mr. Perfect". Outwardly, he seems frigid and lazy but he's a large-hearted man. He just doesn't know how to well express himself. He's full of competitive spirit and has never lost a single competition. He's satisfied only when he says all he wants to say even in a simple quarrel. But likewise, no matter what he only pursues one, be it love or work. Love in particular is really something to him. To him, love only exists in the form of one girl, Hae-Jan.

b_3.jpg

Yoo, Kwan-Ha (acted by Jeong, Chan)

He's the 33-year-old president of a construction company where Nam-Joon works. He's taciturn and cilly with a charisma that overwhelmes and brings people together. With a positive drive, he always makes whatever he thinks happen. Almost all the things have been going the way he wanted so he's always full of confidence. Girls had never been part of his interests. But even this guy feels himself changing when he accidentally encounters Ka-Ran. Ka-Ran doesn't seem like the ordinary girls he used to meet. She doesn't even seem to be scared of the hooligans. He slowlys feels himself falling for Ka-Ran but somehow she doesn't seem to open up her heart to him.

b_4.jpg

Hong, Hae-Jan (acted by Jeong, So-Young)

She was Ka-Ran's elementary school classmate. She's the youngest daughter of a renowned family in the southern province of Korea. She really does represent the word "princess-like" itself. She's always composed, cultured and of course with a perfectly pretty face and figure. Unlike Ka-Ran, she's used to being served and nicely treated by other people, especially the men. She in fact enjoys getting this kind of attention from men and has always been the center of men's attention ever since she was little. She's the kind of girl with every quality that a girl would ever want and this naturally makes other girls very jealous.

Source: http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=16

http://www.mbcpro.co.kr/MBCPROGRAM/Program...d/Eng/bread.htm

soot ja song: http://www.popcornfor2.com/music/data/k_s_sweetbun6.wma

Source: popcornfor2

23842652_470x470.jpg

14.jpg

1_182.jpg

186.jpg

source: empas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest satisfaction!

OMGG I REMEMBER THIS DRAMA!!!!

My sister was overly obsessed about this drama!!!

I don't think I finished it....

Thanks for making a thread about this ^^

tsk tsk tsk ... nobody listened to me when i tell you gals how cute and enjoyable this drama is. keke .... anyway am glad to hear you actually checked this out and enjoyed it. i too didn't think i will like this drama because i'm not really fond of PGH but he's bearable in this drama surprisingly compared to my life as a bean chaff ... the mbc musical with soo yoo jin.

Bought the dvd not too long ago... Funny and entertaining... Both arch enemies since young and subsequently fell in love through nursing each other broken heart.. both do come a long way..

There is this character the "PRIEST"... love the scene when Ka-Ran went to the church to peep at the priest... she quietly stood at the side with tears... she really loves this priest very much...

Nam Joon .. he reminds me of the young version of So Ji Sub.... :ph34r:

yayaya.. especially when he smiles... he's soooo so ji sup! hahaha...

exupery thanks for recommending this drama to me.. it was really fun.

i loved the part when Ga Ran called Nam Joon by his real name instead of the usual Dan pat bbang. LOL.. he was cleaning his ears when she said that LOL :lol:

oh and it was really sweet when Nam Joon saw Ga Ran was looking tired, so he hugged her and prayed to God not to let her fall sick, and when she was really sick, he kissed her so that he could take away her sickness..... awwwwwww :wub:

Guest alakina

i want to watch this one coz of Park, Jwang-Hyun. i love him in the bean chaff of my life. i hope fansubbers will sub this series

Guest renni72

I just started this 2 nights ago and I too thought Nam Joon looks like So Ji Sup!!

Nam Joon and Ga Ran make very cute enemies....

Guest hasegawashun

lol~i nv missed this series ever since ive watched it...cept for the last episode whn i was travelling... X|~

i only realised it was the last episode only whn i got back...

i watched mine thru TVB8...they only hv mandarin dialogue + chinese sub....which is wierd dun u think??? -.-"

anyway~wat happened in the end??? O.O"

Guest triplea

I really like this series. It is so refreshing in that it is not overly dramatic, no one dies, no mortal enemies, no complicated plots. Just simple fun and sweetness. I hope more people would watch this.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest noel_zambie

This is my absolute favorite so far. I think this is absolutely hilarious.

me too...

it's been my 2nd favourite kdrama so far :P

my fav scene is when Nam Joon express his love for Ga Ran in radio school :lol:

actually... all the things NJ did to GR is my fav :lol:

hey...i wondered why this drama is not so popular here in soompi ^o^ i like this drama...i like the couple and yeah...Nam Joon guy looks like So Ji Sub ^_____________^

• 3 weeks later...

Archived