♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest chatteraddict

Currently watching WHIB... im loving it! This drama chainsawed the typical cinderella k-drama.. Loving HJW every minute :)

Guest niknokdagu425

Currently watching WHIB... im loving it! This drama chainsawed the typical cinderella k-drama.. Loving HJW every minute :)

@chatteraddict

i totally agree with you,the ending was really unpredicatable, of all her works WHIB is my number one favorite, i really fell in love with hajiwon's craft,  i collected all her movies and drama but i havent  watched yet Life is Beautiful and the one with Jisung and Han Gain i forgot the title.smile.gif

Hello fellow HJW friends! Thanks to everyone for all your posts!! :wub:

@Aziraphale

Thanks for those wonderful pics of KMM and HJW in Netherlands! I finished watching the videos and it looks like they both had so much fun! And those High Cut pics looks amazing!

@sitaslide

Yeah I thought that was a strange question to ask her as well. She just answered first by saying that since Manchu was made before SeGa that she wasn't jealous but had Manchu been made after then she might have gotten jealous but that it was all right.

@RAINLUVER012

Thanks for those pics of HJW! I can't wait for Korea! I bet it will do well!

@sintame and mench

I am on episode 9 of Hwang Jini now but I don't know if I can go on...already the 1st love tradegy! :( I can see why they won best couple though. JGS was so young and yet HJW doesn't look that much older! Ah..their pure, innocent love, so beautiful...

@tetsi

I might have to just wait until it is available from yesasia. My husband thinks I'm SeGa nuts already and I think he will think I have gone overboard buying region free DVD player! LOL!

@f927

Thanks for the BTS of Cass and Sector 7! I can't wait for that movie to come out this summer! I sure hope it will be another blockbuster! And thanks for the link to the MNET special. I'm so glad they had that special for her as she deserves all the recognition she has been getting!!

And to @hajiwonplayground on YT...Thanks for all those goodies! It's going to take me awhile to watch them all! :)

Let's support our friends in Japan and pray for them as well as give what we can. I think if you do it through the bigger organizations like Red Cross, it will be safe. I pray that it will not get worse there!

Guest gle_perry

photo90788.jpg

20090903_haeundae_572.jpg

ps_mijyang.jpg

old news about HJW..

Ha Ji Won’s 2009 Success

November 27, 2009 tags: Ha Ji Won, Yoon Jae Kyun by dw4p hajiwon_1127_2.jpg?w=500&h=667

Ha Ji Won was undoubtedly the box office actress of the year with the successes of Haeundae and My Love By My Side, selling 15 million tickets.  There were expectations for a big year on the awards circuit as well, but the Grand Bell Awards were surprising missing her name from the nomination list.  There are still a lot of awards left, including the Blue Dragon Awards, so I wouldn’t be too worried.

She recently took some photos for a CF, so I thought we would take a look down memory lane at her career.

She started with small parts in kdramas starting in 1995, until she received her big break being cast as the female lead in Truth Game (1990) with Ahn Sung Ki (Simildo, Radio Star).  Her role as a 17 year old student earned her the New Actress Jaejong Awards.  Following, she starred in The Nightmare (1990) and Phone (1992), being coined the Queen of horror.

Her first non-horror box office success was in Sex is Zero, which sold over 4 million tickets.  It also paired her up with Director Yoon Jae Kyun for the first time.  She’s turned into quite a favorite of his, starring in multiple Yoon films, including a reunion with Sex is Zero costar Im Chang Jung in Miracle on 1st Street and the 2009 blockbuster Haeundae.  Along the way, she also starred in Duelist with Kang Dong Wan, a stunningly beautiful movie.

Over on the small screen, Ha Ji Won also excelled.  She took on one of the first female leading sageuk, Damo (2003) and continued onto the hit Something Happened in Bali with So Ji Sub and Jo In Sung.  In 2006, she started in her last kdrama, Hwang Jini, the famous 16th century gisaeng.  This beautiful sageuk won her the KBS dae-sang (highest actor) award.

Her next project is again a Yoon Jae Kyun film, Block 7 [제 7광구], about a oil drilling ship facing life or death struggles against an alien life form.  (Title is not final.)  The movie is scheduled to be filmed with an American staff and with Western actors.  The details are still in the works.  It sounds like it can go the way of Abyss or Armageddon.  If it’s the latter, it would be a disaster.

I really like Ha Ji Won and think she’s a solid actress.  I’m a bit alarmed by her selecting another blockbuster film after Haeundae, but hoping that she’ll pick a smaller well written project next.  I recently caught the “Family Outing” episode with her as the guest, and found her to be sweet and down to earth, even a little dim (but in a cute way).

Here are a few more photos, including an interesting Vogue spread playing Gulliver.

Guest sintame

MNET WIDE VIP featuring Ha Jiwon, dated Mar 10, 2011

MNET Ha Jiwon Special

credit hajiwonplayground@YT

*quoted image*

credit dcgall

I finally got to see the video! thank you thank you!!!

Ha Ji Won! Since what age did you become so pretty?!!! :wub: like you seema, i love her simple makeup on this interview. and i enjoyed watching it too even without sub.

kjkfan7 - i know, i feel so sad for eun-ho, but keep going, it gets more exciting. I'm on episode 14 and I'm not sure how this will end. I've read the synopsis, but I tried to put that in the back of my head, 'cause I'm loving every episode. Hwang Jin Yi... she is so mesmerizing to watch.

Guest maccay

Hello everyone! Hope you had a good weekend as we also share our thoughts and prayers to our japanese brothers and sisters who were devastated by the tsunami. This reminds me of Jiwon's movie Haeundae, watching the clips that happened in Japan was just like the movie.

@f927 thank you so much for yet another Ha Ji Won's MNET interview, this time much longer. I truly enjoyed watching it, if only there's subs *wink to our HJW subbers.* They pretty much covered her dramas and movies briefly even being a model/ fashionista. She deserves all the attention and admiration. She's always gracious and happy when interviewed, her signature laugh makes it more enjoyable to watch. Yes @sintame she looks blooming indeed, she must be inspired. @seema, every year is HJW's year I think, everything she touched turns into gold. She has chosen projects really well, I also think her management handles everything for her quite well.

@kjkfan7 regardless of her age gap with JGS, they look good as a couple in Hwang Jin Yi. Oh the pain when she had to say goodbye to his lifeless body. I only watched this on YT but is there any dl link? My mom wants to see more of Ha Ji Won too. I can't find Hwang Jin Yi DVD in yesasia.

@gle_perry thanks for the article on Ha Ji won's 2009 success. I like how they thought of her as a solid actress.

@RAINLUVER012 it made me happy knowing that Jo In Sung enjoyed watching Secret Garden.

Re: article on "Ha Ji Won...there is no match for her," in Korea. It must be really hard looking for an actress to play against her since it's a sports movie too. Not only that, it's the pressure that it's Ha Ji Won you're going against. But this actress should take this as a challenge. Thumbs up who would take this job. We know how Ji won works as a team player and never thought of herself as the Main actress. Some of you must have read this article before but I just love how Ha Ji Won is described as midfielder. :wub:

Ha Ji Won, An actress known as a Midfielder by alou @TheDramaScenes.com

Eiffel In Seoul: Ha Ji Won

@ps3hl thanks to your blog I rewatched Love So divine. I don't think i'll ever get tired of watching her movies and dramas while waiting for Sector 7, Korea and her upcoming drama. So much instore for all of us.

I can't remember who shared the link to the 2010 SBS Drama Awards but thank you, i rewatched HJW and HB received their individual awards. I like how they thank each other. Just a screen shot to share. :wub:

screenshot20110306at752.png

For all the photos and video links, thank y'all for sharing~ :D

maccay Totally agree with you. HJW has the midas touch...everything she touched turns into gold. Highly expecting her movies this year will be box office and give her another grand award. She's also the golden egg for her management company. I think she haven't changed the management since her debut...she's a loyal person.

Your synopsis about Hwang Jin Yi in the previous page is so true. I'm so into this beautiful drama. So glad that HJW is the Hwang Jin Yi. She's the backbone in this female oriented historical drama. I'm not very keen with any period drama before unless it's full with martial art like Damo, Duelist, Chuno and Hong Gil Dong. But Hwang Jin Yi strike me with its top ten score in art of directing, cinematography, well written script writing. great acting and plot story development. Hearing some of the sountracks giving me some sort of sorrow and painful feeling deep inside.In epi 2, I'm touched with Hwang Jin Yi simbolic action by clearing the path from the stones for her mother to walk easily. I also like her pure love with JGS. It's so sad when he died. WHY should the scripwriter made the lead heroes in Hwang Jin Yi, DAMO and WHIB died? It's so heartbreaking! I should rewatch Se Ga afterthis since it has happy ending....most probably this time around with full of fantasy since both leads are currently single and available.

You can d/load the drama from this link

HWANG JIN YI korean drama 2006

Agree with you sintame that HJW look like blooming and glowing in love in MNET Ha jI Won Special. Whoever the guy is...I give all my blessings for her. That's the only thing I can do as her fan.

• Like 1

@maccay,2010 SBS Drama Awards though the sub is in chinese  just love to watch it over n over again.  i love the intense staring of  HB towards HJW,  so far this is the best recorded one which is edited n show mostly only HJW n HB.

I call her A LUCKY CHARM!

Guest gle_perry

[ACTOR NEWS] Ha Ji Won prepares for her next movie project ‘Korea’<div class="posttitle"> <div class="postauthor">

Posted by alou on March 14, 2011

ha-ji-won-korea-2.jpg?w=550&h=407

ha-ji-won-korea.jpg?w=550&h=584

she's also wearing a mini black dress :-)

yup, a mini black dress in a Gil Ra Im Style:)

So happy to see Raim is there to support Ah Young! blush.gif

whoaaaaa.. thank you f927!!!!

isn't that the green jacket she wore in Jeju?? (when she was playing KJW trapped in GRI body)..

if it was, then I am super duper happy... (still can't get rid of SG fever)

whoaaaaa.. thank you f927!!!!

isn't that the green jacket she wore in Jeju?? (when she was playing KJW trapped in GRI body)..

if it was, then I am super duper happy... (still can't get rid of SG fever)

it looked alike but not the exact one...

as soon as those photos posted here, i watch ep.6 just to make sure :sweatingbullets: because i am curious too ^^

65929909.jpg

94021322.jpg

the one in jeju has 2 pockets in each side (total 4 pockets).

They also have different collar style..

Guest maccay

watch~ Ha Ji Won @ My Black Mini Dress VIP Screening

cr: hajiwonplayground @ YT

You guys are observant, she's still in Gil Ra Im style eh, the army jacket.

20110315130019122747562.jpg

cr as tagged

The wedge heels are almost similar to the the switch BTS photo when they were in jeju.

postfiles3navernet.jpg

Thanks @f927 for the photos from the Mini Black Dress premiere.

Thanks so much @seema for the HJY dl link. Really appreciate it. :D

Guest thedolleffect

Hello everyone! I am just new here! I've been a fan of Ha Ji Won for years and yet this is just the first time I'm going to be active in my love and admiration of HJW. :blink: I actually spent the last 3 days back tracking this thread to acquaint myself more about HJW, her projects, movies, TV series. I practically want to know everything there is to know about her! Hahaha. First saw her in WHIB and I became an instant fan. Became a "dead" fan of her through all these years cause I get easily swayed by other Korean celebrities early on. :( But I think I still did my part as fan (hahaha!). I watched Hwang Jin-yi in KBS World and even watched it aired in a local television here in the Philippines. I was then again reminded of her beauty and charms and of how great an actress she is. I also remember watching her win the Daesang for Hwang Jin-yi live in KBS World, I cried with her despite not understanding a single thing. And then comes Secret Garden. Haaay... HJW is such a talented actress! :D But I have this feeling she is a little underrated in Korea (before SG). I wonder why. Cause not all Korean actresses can do what she does, not caring about looks when acting and giving her all for the role.

Btw, after reading the whole 159 pages of this thread, I'm just so happy to be a part of this thread. Hope I will be welcome. ^_^ Hihihi. This thread is actually GOOD. No, that is an understatement. One of the best that I've "lurked" into. The people here are civil, responsible, mature when it comes to supporting HJW. Plus, the posts of people here are no-nonsense. I admire you guys. Also, users whose posts I've read from the first pages are the same people whose posts I read in the 40th, 95th, and so on pages. w00t.gif All for our undying love and admiration for HJW! I am looking forward to having a great interaction with all of you! (Apologies for my long post sweatingbullets.gif)

Guest purpleZ

Hi guys!! I just want to do a quick stop by.

Thank you all so much for the constant update to this thread, for your love and support to Jiwonnie. Thanks for the pictures of her on the set of Korea. She looked so Ra Im-ish at the VIP screening of My Black Mini Dress. Also so related to Binnie who's joined the army ;) Thanks for the pics.

Especially thanks to f927 for the article on JIS watching HJW's SeGa! That sure made my day considering my previous obsession to this couple. In HJW's interviews (like the MNet interview that f297 posted) you'd always hear them mention JIS and also in JIS interviews too.

That's all I can contribute now. I hope I can contribute more meaningful post soon :)