♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest mench

Hello fellow HJW friends! Thanks to everyone for all your posts!! :wub:

@sintame and mench

I am on episode 9 of Hwang Jini now but I don't know if I can go on...already the 1st love tradegy! :( I can see why they won best couple though. JGS was so young and yet HJW doesn't look that much older! Ah..their pure, innocent love, so beautiful...

@kjkfan7 finished Hwang Jin Yi last sunday and once again I have all praises to our Ha Ji won...my first time to watch a korean epic drama...with their traditional dances and it's really beautiful...HJW's acting is superb and her performance of the dance is like a professional...she looks beautiful in hanbok dresses...the cast were all very good and I'm glad that after 5 years I was able to watched this drama.....it was a hit back in 2006...her four leading men were all very good and goodlooking too...i just can't put it into words but the drama is really worth watching....

MBMD VIP, 03/15

mmbd.jpg

^ nice shoes, interesting accessories ~ cross

Se-Ga BTS

"Gil RaIm-sshi, since when did you have that back pain?"

img2369j.jpg

hbhjwhit10.jpg

all images credit dcgall & 1023

From the news today, Bae Doona is likely to appear as a North Korean ping pong player opposite Ha Ji-won in "Korea".

배두나, 하지원과 탁구한다

하지원·배두나, 南현정화·北이분희 '맞대결'

Guest gle_perry

Star actor Jo In-seong readies himself for post-Air Force life

I'm eager to go back to Europe. We should see as much of the world as we can. Acting comes from the sum of our experiences'. photo160881.jpg

Jo In-Seong was one of Korea's most famous actors before he enlisted in the Air Force in 2009. He completes his service on May 4. By Park Jong-keun As Korea's most famous contemporary actor, Hyeon Bin, began his mandatory military service two weeks ago, another popular actor, Jo In-Seong, was counting down the days to the end of his Air Force service.

The sergeant had a serious demeanor in a recent interview with the JoongAng Ilbo. The actor quoted the Chinese philosopher Mencius (372 B.C.?289 B.C.) to reveal his views on life and talked about the enlightenment he gained in the military. During his military service, Jo said he learned "the wisdom of life".

For the man that started the "flower boy" look - a social trend in which being pretty was incorporated into women's concept of handsome men - quoting a Buddhist philosopher was a surprise.

Jo was one of Korea's most famous actors before he began his military service on April 6, 2009. His years in the barracks were not wasted, he said, but were a period of rejuvenation. He completes his service on May 4.

The JoongAng Ilbo interviewed Jo on March 7 in Osan, Gyeonggi.

Q. How has the military changed you as a human being?

A. I take a lot of questions like that. In fact, I will only realize what I have learned after I go back to society.

Are you being modest or just watching your words?

If I said that the military completely transformed me, it puts too much pressure on those who are about to enlist.

How did you adapt from your schedule as a star?

I am in an Air Force band. While standing on stage, I am evaluated based on how disciplined I am. The truth is, an entertainer should have a high standard of morality. I got used to it, so there was no problem.

Have you been beaten in your time in the Air Force?

There is no harsh treatment or beating [in the Air Force]. These days, the military police check out every incident. All senior soldiers including myself, try to resolve things rationally.

Any unforgettable episodes?

Bathroom cleaning. There were two other colleagues for rookie training. Those who are relatively old are assigned bathroom cleaning. Afterwards, you get "promoted" to a laundry room then a shower. I've become a master cleaner. After serving in the military, I think I can enter a grandiose bathroom and show the janitor what bathroom cleaning is all about: "This is not what cleaning is supposed to be".

Some people say entertainers in the military don't work as hard as everyone else.

There shouldn't be exceptions for anyone. I cannot behave in such a way out of shame. I tried to act like an ordinary person, but some people could not perceive me like that. It's a burden I'll have to shoulder my whole life.

A military band master told me that junior soldiers follow you like an older brother.

There are a lot of entertainers that become "entertainment soldiers" for the Defense Media Agency [when they enlist for their military service]. But I wanted to get on with ordinary guys. In fact, I am quite good at that. We tried to mingle together, taking care of each other when somebody got sick, for example.

Hyun Bin joined the Marine Corps today. Do you have advice for him as a senior soldier?

I hope he "behaves himself with discernment and wisdom". It is a quote from Zheng Min of "Greater Odes of the Kingdom" in the book "Shi Jing".

How did you feel when the Yeonpyeong Island attack occurred?

I felt a sudden surge of emotion. I became truly overwhelmed with anger. I did not want to forgive those who destroyed Yeonpyeong Island like that. At the time, an F-15K was in the air, which has the capacity to strike a target several hundred kilometers away. I had an urge to tell everyone about our mighty planes.

How do you spend free time?

Whenever I have spare time, I read. One book I read recently was "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau. I chose it because the late Venerable Beopjeong recommended it.

Unforgettable memories in my military career have been reading the "Four Books and Three Classics" [of ancient China]. One day out of the blue, the book "Mencius" popped into my head. It was strange enough, but I told myself, "Let's just give it a shot".

I felt so refreshed. Next, I dove into "Confucian Analects" [the representative work of Confucianism]. I went further, reading "Doctrine of the Mean".

Do you have plenty of time to read in the military?

Of course, I read after I finish my tasks. Anyway, after studying the "Four Books and Three Classics", I picked up books by Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) and Albert Camus (1913?1960).

It is a rare combination to mix Jo In-Seong and the "Three Classics".

There were always so many things going on in my head, but it was hard to put everything into words.

I could experience catharsis once I read "Mencius". It manifests what I tried to deliver and how I wanted to live. The book also seemed to suggest which route I should take in life.

Did you also read a lot before you joined the military?

To confess, I only read scripts. I fell in love with reading after finishing an essay collection by Kenzaburo Oe [titled "A Man Recuperating" in Korean]. I felt recuperated, rejuvenated.

Aren't you the best "flower boy" actor?

Due to my face, people tend to judge my appearance before they see me in action. I have devoted myself not to be evaluated by my appearance. That fact made me choose intense pieces; ones that are strong and fierce.

Are you protesting your appearance?

Not at all. It's who I am. However, I came to feel a bit differently nowadays: I should make the best use of my appearance, which my parents passed on to me.

You have been chosen the most anticipated actor to complete military service. Why do you think people have such expectations?

I appreciate having such opportunities. People have certain expectations.

Do you have a method for acting?

I am a method actor. It is the actor's ability to throw himself into a role as if he is who is playing.

If a role does not make sense to me, it is hard. That's why I see severe fluctuations in my acting.

What does that mean?

For example, if there are scenes making me feel abashed, it should be understood in a broader context. Sometimes, I quibble with scriptwriters or directors.

In "What Happened in Bali" I could understand the context.

Of course, I can act even though I don't understand something. However, I cannot reveal that to the audience.

What do you want to deliver or gain through acting?

Taking the case of working with Ha Ji-won, her performance is stable and complementary to her counterpart. It doesn't mean anything to shine all alone.

A great performer sets aside his or her own aura, while elevating a partner at the same time. It makes himself or herself shine further. Maybe life is similar to that. I would like to play supporting roles when I get older.

You are now in your 30s. Are you thinking about getting married?

I have to be self-sufficient, but maybe it is a matter of my personality. I find it too burdensome to meet someone as an entertainer. It is hard to reveal my real self.

What are you planning to do after completing your military service in May?

Traveling. I am eager to go to Europe again for sure. Actors should see as much of the world as possible. Acting comes from the sum of our experiences.

Do you have any comments for young people?

Actors work in an ensemble. There are almost 150 people including staff and managers [in productions]. It means that harmony is important. I have been learning that fact since I was 18. Life in the military was more of the same.

You try to understand, persuade, and people follow you. If you add a sense of responsibility, that would be the frosting on the cake.

A sense of brotherhood and harmony, I guess, are elements of leadership. I don't think it's only the case for the military.

It sounds somewhat paradoxical, but this is how I have been enlightened in the military barracks.

ha ji won, did not shine alone I agree opinions of jo in sung..:wub: :wub:

Guest gle_perry

I think bae Doona, the right choice for this movie and match play with a ha ji won..

img2369j.jpg

ha ji won, why is this?

Guest purpleZ

I think bae Doona, the right choice for this movie and match play with a ha ji won..

*quoted image**quoted image*

ha ji won, why is this?

This is a BTS photo of Secret Garden that was taken from episode 20. When Gil Ra Im went to the hospital with her action school colleagues.

===============================================

Bae Doona is also a versatile actress. I'm curious about the rest of the cast too. :)

Guest ps3hl

Hi guys! It's been a while. I hope people still remember me here.. :phew: Been busy with work stuff and my PC went crazy for a little while but all are good now. Anyway, I wanted to share this to everyone. kjkfan7 was kind enough to help translate the lines on HJW's latest Cass CF and the NG video as well. It's a little project I wanted to work on ever since the CF came out. :) So enjoy!

caps.jpg

[ENG] Cass CF + NG

Translations: kjkfan7

WATCH | DOWNLOAD

---

Thank you to everyone who shared links, videos and photos here and welcome to thedolleffect. :)

@maccay: see you on twitter if I can't catch up with you here! hahaha.

@kjkfan7: Thanks again partner for all the help! :)

To everyone on the US - Happy St. Patrick's Day to you guys!

Guest ganaax

ha-ji-won-and-bae-doo-na.jpg?w=640&h=392&crop=1

Actress Bae Doo Na has confirmed to play the character of Yi Bun Hui in Ha Ji Won’s new movie ‘Korea’, a North Korean table tennis player who teamed up with Hyeon Jeong Hwa (Ha’s character) to play as a double against the Chinese team in the world table tennis championship held in 1991, Chiba Japan.

I am feeling excited about the news as Bae Doo Na is an other great actress with depth from Korea, I don’t know about the story nor the characters, only know it is a story about lives of great athletes. To be outstanding in physical forms, the athletes need to have great inner strength, something I see in both actresses.  I can already see them working well together and bringing great on-screen chemistry to this movie with their individual charm.

‘Korea’ will finalize the rest of the crew soon and start filming in April.

News source

Hyun Jung-Hwa (Hangul: 현정화, Hanja: 玄静和) (born October 6, 1969 in Busan, South Korea) is a former female table tennis player from South Korea who competed in the 1988 Summer Olympics, and in the 1992 Summer Olympics.

Hyun is one of an elite group of players who have won at least one gold medal in every discipline they were eligible to compete in at the World Championships. Her first gold medal came in the women's doubles (partnering Yang Young-Ja) at the 1987 Worlds in New Delhi. She then followed it up by winning the mixed doubles title with Yoo Nam Kyu at the 1989 Worlds in Dortmund. Hyun was part of the Unified Korea team that stunned China to win the women's team event at the 1991 World Championships in Chiba City. Her final World title was an unexpected win in the women's singles event at the 1993 World Championships in Gothenburg.

Li Bun-Hui (Hangul: 리분희) (born December 29, 1968) is a former female table tennis player from North Korea who competed in the 1992 Summer Olympics. She is married to Kim Song Hui, also a former table tennis player who represented North Korea, and has a son.

Guest maccay

Thanks so much~

ps3hl and kjkfan07 for pampering us with Eng subbed videos of HJW with the latest Cass Light CF and NG video.

niknokdagu425 for sharing the Ystar News. It's always a treat to see her in the entertainment news.

and ganaax for the article, so it's Bae Doo Na. I don't know much about her except she was in Gloria and God of Study which unfortunately i have not seen yet. I'm feeling "Korea" will be another hit. So if they're filming this coming April, i wonder if this will be shown at the last quarter of the year? ;)

Hello everyone!! You guys are "amazing" posting all these great pics and articles! Thank you! Thank you to all! :)

@ganaax

Thanks for the update on Korea! Also, thank you for the links to the me2day posts! It was a lot of fun reading them! maccay I, too, am not familiar with Bae Doo Na either but I'm glad somebody decided to take on the challenge! Looking forward to the movie.

@coppersun

Do you know where she said that? It seems like most, if not all, of her dramas/movies were love tragedies? So I guess she is referring to the love story in SeGa! LOL! :)

ps3hl

Boy you are fast! Glad to hear your computer is up and running again! For a minute I thought you lost all your videos! Thanks for subbing the videos! You always do an awesome job! :)

@purpleZ

Do you know if they can add the link to this thread on the HJW fanclub page? Last couple of days when I went to search for this thread, I had a hard time finding it. And there are some other threads for HJW that are not "official" as I consider yours to be the most awesome "official" thread!! Maybe others are having a hard time finding it as well?

@mench

You have finished it already?! I am on episode 15 now. I'm glad you and sintame encouraged me to keep going. Yes, its getting more exciting sintame! I like how in the 1st part, you see HJW so pure and innocent keeping in line with her 1st love which was also pure and innocent and now in the 2nd part where they dress her all up to show she has matured but also with bitterness. I don't know how it will continue with Kim Jung Han (Kim Jae Won) but I liked the chemistry b/w her and Kim Eun Ho (Jang Geun Suk) more. But she did say in the HWang Jini special that of the men, she actually liked Byuk Kye Soo

(Yoo Tae Joon) the most, despite the viewers not liking him. Which makes me wonder why? Is it because he is so passionate for Hwang Jini that he will go to great lengths for his love?

@maccay

I love that article about HJW being a midfielder too! Of all the articles, I think that one says it all about who HJW is. And I agree that HJW is so underrated. I wonder why? I mean, even I didn't know about her until SeGa, too. But I think she is probably the most respected actress amongst her peers.

@f927

Thank you for those pics at the MBMD premiere! She just looks so pretty! And its so nice to see her support YIN.

@thedolleffect

Welcome to the thread! Glad to see you that you have "unlurked" yourself! :) Wow you really are a true fan! You've read all the pages?! Puts me to shame! I should do that as well :)

@gle_perry

Thanks for all your pics!! Esp. the ones of "all" her expressions! That was a daebak! :) How can anyone NOT fall in love with her??

Here are 2 clips from the MBMD premiere.

credit to hajiwonplayground Thank you!!

clip 1 on youtube

She says "I'm looking forward to the movie and hope its a big hit!" Thank you.

In the beginning a girl says "Unnie you are pretty!" and then mid-way she says it again!

clip 2 on youtube

In the beginning, it just says that HJW came to support YIN and she says "I'm really looking forward to the movie and I hope it will be a big hit. Pls enjoy watching it. Fighting!"

She's just too cute for words!! :wub:

This is a very short clip so I just did it right now. I'm hoping I will have time to do the ONSTYLE and MNET next week! Anyways, its a clip of HJW and Kang Dong Won Duelist interview but it's in japanese so I only translated the korean parts. Anyone here know japanese?

credit to hajiwonplayground

click here for youtube link

KDW: Even before we started filming, we were close so when we started filming, we laughed so much, we couldn't film. While we were looking at each other, we kept laughing.

HJW: Before meeting KDW the first time, I had heard that he was a "cold" actor but when I met KDW sshi for the first time, I didn't perceive the KDW cold actor that I had heard at all but rather what I remember from the first meeting was that he appeared in a very sleepy face.

sidenote: the word she uses means "cold, unfriendly, unapproachable"

HJW: (I'm not sure what "eh ri" means but then she says he is very manly) Oh, KDW sshi thinks he doesn't use country accent. Do you have that kind of accent in Japan? KDW sshi thinks he doesn't use the country accent but when he is filming and he is comfortable with the lines, the country accent comes out. Looking at those kind of things, he is cute.

interviewer: Is that true?

KDW: Well...

KDW: More than like a noona (older sister), I wonder if I can say this? At times, she is more like a cute younger sister and she is also like a friend too. She is very thoughtful/considerate so then she seems like a noona. I forgot what was the question?

interviewer: when do you feel like she is a noona

KDW: She is very thoughtful/considerate and very caring, asking if I had eaten. She is also very playful.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)