Miss Universe 2006 & 1st runner up

Guest BU_RP

Guest maly&ahpulee

i was sooo mad japan didnt win. arghhh. ur answer to the last question was so good. but in the first question she did that stupid english thing. it was so corny. she shouldnt have said that at all.

omg, i know..!!! i was thinking the same thing! she shouldnt have said that english part in the first question at all.. made her seen desperate.. but omg.. yeah, i agree!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *_Milia

it would be really great if Japan had won!

I really want to see an ASIAN Miss Universe out there...

the world needs a change...

Guest ooo_it's_mE

it would be really great if Japan had won!

I really want to see an ASIAN Miss Universe out there...

the world needs a change...

didn't India win not too long ago?

Good lord this is so annoying.

If these competetions were based only on beauty then why have all those other categories??

As for that last post . stop thinking people are picking on asians all the time.

You should be proud she got as far as she did.

Edit/ not you Ashley

and yes and Indian did win before I believe, but I don't think that counts.

Guest pinkpiglet

can't believe puerto rico won.

miss.japan was prettier and better.

iw as very disappointed in the results.

Guest backseat_love

didn't India win not too long ago?

i have a feeling that theyre only considering the east asian countries, even though asia is sooo much more than just those few places. <_<

but honestly, what is the big deal?! pr won. congrats, im really happy for her. of course, i dont think she was that pretty at all. but thats what the judges decided. yall should be happy for japan for being the runner up. i think there were prettier girls than both of them, but they just werent put in the top 10 and 5, and they didnt give as good answers to their questions.

Guest cyberfruit

^Yeh but I don't that counts :rolleyes:

which is very sad.

It does count. India is a part of Southern Asia. Indians are Asians even though most people don't consider them to be. India is also put into the Asian catergory for the pagents. Most people here only seem to care about East Asia, unfortunately.

Guest nuwera

The first girl doesn't look like she is 18 years old .. She looks older than that

The Japanese Girl's custome is so cool :)

~Angel~

It does count. India is a part of Southern Asia. Indians are Asians even though most people don't consider them to be. India is also put into the Asian catergory for the pagents. Most people here only seem to care about East Asia, unfortunately.

Oh I know it counts but like you said they are only for east asia.

Guest swtlilazn

OMFG< woah..i never knew puerto rico was only 18 ....wOAH..ahaha, i thought japan was gorgeous, lol, i wanted her to win XD ahaha

Guest cerealmoo

omg, i know..!!! i was thinking the same thing! she shouldnt have said that english part in the first question at all.. made her seen desperate.. but omg.. yeah, i agree!

i thought when she said that it made her look cute and sweet!! at least she gave her fans/audience some attention!

Guest GoRgYnA

that part doesn't count in the judging, it was just to know the candidates better.

But Indians are Caucasians, not Asians in the typical Asian sense. Generally they're referred to as south-asians, because India's really a subcontinent.

If we're going by the continent, Russia won in 2002, and I thought she was pretty awesome. She's the only Miss Universe ever to not complete her reign :lol:

woah alot of bashing ><

i thought they were both pretty but also not pretty at times ><

PR was gorgeous but at times she looked a bit scary.. and I thought Miss Japan was really cute but my aunt kept saying how she had uneven eyes o_O

i like them both though. im amazed how pretty PR is at her age

and im amazed at Miss Japan's talents

both deserved what they got =)

even though i'm upset that Japan didn't win, im proud she came 2nd because that's a longgg way she really deserved it and im proud of both of them

But Indians are Caucasians, not Asians in the typical Asian sense. Generally they're referred to as south-asians, because India's really a subcontinent.

If we're going by the continent, Russia won in 2002, and I thought she was pretty awesome. She's the only Miss Universe ever to not complete her reign :lol:

You see, this is sooo messed up!

People consider Indians asians when ever they feel like it.

Why can't people have nice comments like Joanna??

You see, this is sooo messed up!

People consider Indians asians when ever they feel like it.

Why can't people have nice comments like Joanna??

Indians can be both depending on the context. Geographically, India is in Asia, as is Russia, therefore they can be considered Asians in that sense, but racially they are Caucasian, sharing a skulltype and DNA with Caucasians. East Asians are a different race than Caucasians and are generally just refered to as Asian (as the old term, Mongoloid is somewhat offensive as the same word is used to refer to people with down syndrome).

Archived