Miss Universe 2006 & 1st runner up

Guest BU_RP

Both are hot and exotic. I don't see why people are hating on Puerto Rico, she's hot!

Because she was in competetion with an asian woman.

People seem to think asians are so much better than everyone else.

and Ashley, Indians don't count as asians remember?

If your not Lee Hyori material then I guess that doesnt count.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tonyc402

Wanted Japan to win. Japan was so pretty . And definately traditional costume was really good. But congratz to Puerto Rico.

Guest SupaBayWitIt

ms puerto rico has a pretty smile. but she looks kinda plastic. ms japan doesnt look that great but okay =)

Guest nadhura

i think japan should have won...coz i think for years they chose people who looks almost the same...i really really think japan should've won.

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

yeah miss puerto rico is...EIGHTEEN?!?! nooo wayyy lol. anyway both are gorgeous with great bodies. miss puerto rico looks real pretty in her evening gown. haha i like the japanese national costume. ^^

Guest swtaznangel

I don't think Puerto Rico was not that pretty, her pictures look better than in the competition. Ms. Japan is gorgeous though. Wow.. she knows Spanish and French... how smart. =]

japan should of won. her national costume was awesome

DANG!!!!

every year I watch these girls all around the world compete and I never once seen an ASIAN GIRL won... It would be really nice if an Asian would of won....

give everyone a chance to wear the dang crown..

Miss Japan was really pretty and nice... hey at least she came really close and Im happy for her.

DANG!!!!

every year I watch these girls all around the world compete and I never once seen an ASIAN GIRL won... It would be really nice if an Asian would of won....

Miss Japan was really pretty and nice... hey at least she came really close and Im happy for her.

OMG Good lord.

Asians have won in the past.

You don't really see black girls win but we don't whine do we?? No.

Guest ooo_it's_mE

DANG!!!!

you've must have skip some years or something cause Asian women have woon quite a few times.

Guest Rosechime

I missed the show but never thought that Puerto Rico will win again, last year they were runner up.

And never thought that Japan made it that far. As an Asian, though I didnt watched Miss Universe, I'll be proud if she had won.

It's always been dominated by these Latin American countries. Its time for the Asian beauty to shine, more intelligent and beautiful people.

-coughs- I actually found that comment offensive...>.>

Since I didn't watch the show, of course I wouldn't know who'd I'd root for because I don't BASE it on their ethnicity; I'm always fair. However out of the 2 runner ups by judging from the pics, I do think Japan looks prettier. Puerto Rico doesn't look that appealing; there are FAR more gorgeous puerto ricans than her. LOL

Guest cyberfruit

Note: This is not just directed at you. This is directed for everyone in this thread who whined about an Asian woman not winning.

You see, this is the reason why people only think of Asia as Korea/China/Japan. Time and time again we have said that India won the crown for Asia back in 2000. India is apart of Asia. India may be a sub-continent but it is attached to the continent of Asia.

You guys should be cheering for India because she was the first Miss Universe of the millenium but no, you whine and completely skip over her. I feel sorry for Miss Lara Dutta.

Note: This is not just directed at you. This is directed for everyone in this thread who whined about an Asian woman not winning.

You see, this is the reason why people only think of Asia as Korea/China/Japan. Time and time again we have said that India won the crown for Asia back in 2000. India is apart of Asia. India may be a sub-continent but it is attached to the continent of Asia.

You guys should be cheering for India because she was the first Miss Universe of the millenium but no, you whine and completely skip over her. I feel sorry for Miss Lara Dutta.

I know.

That is sooo messed up.

OMG....just..stop whining already.

It is so annoying, and those people saying Japan is soo smart just because she cam speak three languages

<_< Gimme a break, I know people who can speak three languages and are dumbheads so speaking different languages does not make you intelligent automatically :rolleyes:

Just taking from Puerto Rico and giving to Japan.

That aint even right.

As for surgery, omg please I don't hear anyone talking about Ayumi Hamasaki, she looks like she has had plenty of surgery but people say "Oh u don't know blah blah" but people are sooo sure PR had it.

Guest rukiholic

Don't mean this to sound offensive but this paegeant happened what... almost 2 weeks ago? It's kinda sad to see people are still arguing over who should of won. People are entitled to their opinions AND they should be respected for them. Bashing other people just because they're disappointed in not seeing their favorite win... is basically the equivalent to seeing your favorite team lose in baseball. People don't stop arguing over who should of won. So there's no point in preaching to the choir.

And I said this in another thread: some of you are complaining about the asian pride comments here but honestly, what do you expect? This is a predominantly asian forum. I'm sure all the people at a Puerto Rican forum would be ecstatic over the winner. Geez.

Archived