Miss Universe 2006 & 1st runner up

Guest BU_RP

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest winkme

i wanted Japan to win because she is so smart and the national costume is so unique and Great!!!! But Congrats to PR!

Guest i n c _ m p l e t e

my absolute favorite is still miss universe 2003 (dominican republic). i was so excited to see her as a judge. she was the most beautiful person in the room.

Ah, yes. She was beautiful.

Normally, I love the dark-haired, golden-skinned contestants but based on appearances, Miss Puerto Rico doesn't leave much of an impression. I'm yet to watch the telecast though.

And can I ask why Miss USA always seems to be a life-sized Barbie? Long blonde hair, shiny white teeth, plump lips.

Guest MeLLa

PUERTO RICO looked scary to me...her hair and dress made her look like she could be an x-men character....I really thought Japan was going to win....Latinas always dominate in this competition..maybe caz It's sponsored by telemundo the official MU broadcaster...plus most of the judges comes from Latin countries

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

i still think miss japan was way prettier. it was so cute when she was answering her questions with such bubbly energy.

miss puerto rico is kinda hot, but during the top 5, she looked really scary to me o.O...

Miss Japan's costume is freakin' hideous. That won best costume?

Miss Japan didn't appeal to me at first, but now that I look at her, she is beautiful. And Miss Puerto Rico is GORGEOUS.

Guest deformedmonkey<3

I really wanted Japan to win, she had the crowds attention the most! And she seems really sweet and gorgeous.

Well congrats to puerto rico.

Guest urxsweetie2

I really thought Miss Japan should have won. She was smart and quirky with her answers. Miss Puerto Rico probably had rhinoplasty because her nose kinda resembles Michael Jackson. Its not that Im bashing but Japan put more thought in her answers and she even attempted to speak english. I dont think the results were fair.

Guest GoRgYnA

Miss Puerto Rico is actually the fakest girl in the pageant this year. I can't believe she won! The only reason why she won is because Trump wants the ratings for his so called prestigious Miss Universe to be off the roof and with Puerto Rico winning, that truly is possible!

check out the tribute video i made for kurara chibana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Kl0lJ2RsM

Guest rukiholic

It was such a shame when my dad saw that Puerto Rico & Japan were the final two and he automatically said "oh, Puerto Rico's gonna win because they never let an asian person be Miss Universe." And as much as I didn't want to admit it at the time-- it is very true. The last time an asian won Miss Universe was when Japan won in 1959.

Still thought Japan should've won! Puerto Rico looked real strange to me.

Guest GoRgYnA

It was such a shame when my dad saw that Puerto Rico & Japan were the final two and he automatically said "oh, Puerto Rico's gonna win because they never let an asian person be Miss Universe." And as much as I didn't want to admit it at the time-- it is very true. The last time an asian won Miss Universe was when Japan won in 1959.

actually asia has won a couple of times

thailand won two times - 1965 and 1988

philippines - 1969 and 1973

india - 1994 and 2000

but as soon as donald trump bought the pageant for a mere $10 million, miss universe was never the same again, beauty prevailed over brains and politics ruled ever since!

I really wanted Japan to win, she had the crowds attention the most! And she seems really sweet and gorgeous.

Well congrats to puerto rico.

you know what's funny, the crowd that cheered for her so loudly were actually filipino's who came to support miss philippines who was robbed from a spot in the top 20. since she didn't make it they supported japan. i think after the top 10, the thai's in the audience who also had a large contingent supported miss japan! I love how people gets united.

Guest rukiholic

actually asia has won a couple of times

thailand won two times - 1965 and 1988

philippines - 1969 and 1973

india - 1994 and 2000

but as soon as donald trump bought the pageant for a mere $10 million, miss universe was never the same again, beauty prevailed over brains and politics ruled ever since!

Ahh I see, nevermind then haha.

Damn that Donald Trump!

Guest ooo_it's_mE

that had nothing to do with it. am I the only one here who doesn't see the big deal with Japan? she just wasn't pretty.

Guest GoRgYnA

that had nothing to do with it. am I the only one here who doesn't see the big deal with Japan? she just wasn't pretty.

she wasn't that pretty to you but for all the pageant fans in the world, like me, she is miles prettier, fresher and more intelligent than miss puerto rico who had surgeries all over her body. everyone knows that the reason puerto rico won is because she was trump's choice from the beginning. trump even brought her to the set of the late show with david letterman last july 21 and he himself said that he'd be choosing 5 of the top 20, not just that he almost made it sound like miss universe's are prostitutes for the rich,,, the prestige of miss universe started to fall when the stupid donald trump bought it.

check this website out http://voy.com/97375/ http://www.voy.com/191501/ or any other pageant websites and you'll find out that the whole pageant world is mourning over puerto rico's victory, it just wasn't fair and was totally rigged!

like have you guys noticed the top 20, they were very incompetent and a lot of girls who were better were left to secure pr's placement in the top 5.

Archived