Miss Universe 2006 & 1st runner up

Guest BU_RP

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mean this to sound offensive but this paegeant happened what... almost 2 weeks ago? It's kinda sad to see people are still arguing over who should of won. People are entitled to their opinions AND they should be respected for them. Bashing other people just because they're disappointed in not seeing their favorite win... is basically the equivalent to seeing your favorite team lose in baseball. People don't stop arguing over who should of won. So there's no point in preaching to the choir.

And I said this in another thread: some of you are complaining about the asian pride comments here but honestly, what do you expect? This is a predominantly asian forum. I'm sure all the people at a Puerto Rican forum would be ecstatic over the winner. Geez.

So what if this is an asian forum, people don't have to make themselves look like idiots.

i wanted Ms. Japan to win, not because she's Asian and not just because her national costume was unique, i found her answer thought-provoking and not the usual "world-peace" answer (not that Ms. Puerto Rico said anything about world peace, just an expression)...if only her translator :angry: knew more english than she did :tongue2: (i seriously think Ms. Japan could have done better without the uhm-uhm-translator!)...and i guess her answer was too "feminist" for the male judges :phew:

Guest lucky_me_noodle

IMO I don't find Miss PR the most gorgeous in the competition but between her and Miss Japan I'd go for her... Miss Japan looks ordinary to me someone that just doesn't stick to mind....

I'm glad Miss Puerto Rico won.. She's only 18.. Some 18 year olds out there are either pregnant or don't know what they are going to do with their lives... Though being intelligent doesn't define what age you are. I hope she represents well for the teens because I myself is 18. I wonder if she is one of the youngest Miss Universe.

I don't think you can say someone is intelligent just because they are multilingual... I have friends who speaks more then 4 langauges but does that mean they have a higher IQ then I do? I don't think so... Then again there is always someone that's more of a idiot then you think you are not...

Miss Japan in my opinion I don't find attractive at all maybe cute but not beautiful. I know there are much more good looking asians out there that can represent well... And come on offcourse beauty plays a big part... That's why it's more intriguing if someone as beautiful can be as smart... Case in point beauty and brains... If not why don't they just join the spelling b or the science fair... Plus she seemed like a richard simmons when she walked out of stage... :rolleyes: But her costume was nice looking & she came to be first runner up... :)

Though I am Asian off course it's nice to root for your race but that's just unlogical & biased.. I'd sure hate it if the judges were like that... Though I would of rooted for Miss Philippines if she were more appealing... -_-

So what if this is an asian forum, people don't have to make themselves look like idiots.

Becuase people use anonymity to say what they please....

Reading most of the comments here is quite annoying... It may be your opinion but it doesn't mean everyone has to like it... <_< You don't have to bash Miss PR just 'cause Miss JPN didn't win... You can say a portion of the competion she didn't do as well as Miss Japan to state your point or you just like Miss Japan better but saying ohh she looks fake just because for most Asians what's natural is a cup A, or my fav.. omg no one just like asians to win..

--amusing--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Universe

Wow from the chart it looks that only North American Contestant wins does it huh?

And even if that is so what are you gonna do there is no such things as taking turns... Who ever the judges believe is the right person that fits the title then she shall be... Offcourse it can be debatable but what can you do about it... Why not become a contestant and try to represent and no not for Asians but for women (since the title is Miss Universe) yourself?

eww this is quite a long rant... XD

Plus she seemed like a richard simmons when she walked out of stage... :rolleyes::

As a note, it is pageant decorum for the runner up to walk off stage after they announce the winner. They've only been doing it for a couple years though. Why? I'm not sure.

Guest GoRgYnA

Plus she seemed like a richard simmons when she walked out of stage..

where did you get the idea that she walked out the stage? if you've been watching miss universe since at least 1995, you'll know that all the first runner-up's are shoved off the stage right away when the new miss universe is announced. it's actually pretty lame since the 4th to 2nd runners-up actually get the chance to get some spotlight before being shoved off the stage while the 1st runner-up doesn't.

IMO

Though I am Asian off course it's nice to root for your race but that's just unlogical & biased.. I'd sure hate it if the judges were like that... Though I would of rooted for Miss Philippines if she were more appealing... -_-

are you filipino? i just got a hint from your name LOL. just so you know, Lia Andrea Ramos, Miss Philippines Universe 2006 was actually a big favourite and she was almost in every beauty pageant fans lists. It was a big shock that she didn't make it especially since she was the best since Miriam Quiambao who was first runner-up in Miss Universe 1999. If you watched the preliminaries and her interview in the official website, she was actually really one of the best. The Problem with the Philippines's drought in the Miss Universe Pageant is the stupid Madame Stella Araneta (Chairman of BB Pilipinas) keeps on sending our girls to freaking COLOMBIA for training and they always end up looking worse and pageant patty. Also, we've been sending the wrong girls to Miss Universe, the best girls for Miss Universe are always sent to Miss World!

IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Universe

Wow from the chart it looks that only North American Contestant wins does it huh?

And even if that is so what are you gonna do there is no such things as taking turns... Who ever the judges believe is the right person that fits the title then she shall be... Offcourse it can be debatable but what can you do about it... Why not become a contestant and try to represent and no not for Asians but for women (since the title is Miss Universe) yourself?

eww this is quite a long rant... XD

since donald trump bought the pageant, it's true that north american's always tend to win/ hence, all north-american judges lol. but miss universe is not the only big pageant out there. there is still miss earth and miss world however miss world has been really stupid lately with their voting system, i mean why the heck would you make more than 100 countries go to the host country to compete when the winner is decided by votes anyways? i'm just looking forward to miss earth now which is on november in santiago, chile. and rumours has it that some countries might boycott miss universe next year. it already happened in miss world. miss world is supposed to have more than 130 countries this year. the pageant starts first week of sept yet now they dnt even have 80 yet. a lot of national directors found it pointless to send girls to miss world because of this voting system. countries said to boycott miss universe are Venezuela, South Africa, France.. but trump always finds a way to solve these kinds of problems though. this year the countries that did not send a delegate were Portugal, Italy, Honduras, and more.

so I definately was on the same plane with the contestants and saw miss puerto rico, and I sat next to last years winner, from masedonia or some place like that.

:blink:

Guest GoRgYnA

so I definately was on the same plane with the contestants and saw miss puerto rico, and I sat next to last years winner, from masedonia or some place like that.

:blink:

there's no macedonia in miss universe. and last year's winner was canada.

Guest lucky_me_noodle

where did you get the idea that she walked out the stage? if you've been watching miss universe since at least 1995, you'll know that all the first runner-up's are shoved off the stage right away when the new miss universe is announced. it's actually pretty lame since the 4th to 2nd runners-up actually get the chance to get some spotlight before being shoved off the stage while the 1st runner-up doesn't.

I wasn't aware of that fact but now that I know that is lame.... -_-

are you filipino? i just got a hint from your name LOL. just so you know, Lia Andrea Ramos, Miss Philippines Universe 2006 was actually a big favourite and she was almost in every beauty pageant fans lists. It was a big shock that she didn't make it especially since she was the best since Miriam Quiambao who was first runner-up in Miss Universe 1999. If you watched the preliminaries and her interview in the official website, she was actually really one of the best. The Problem with the Philippines's drought in the Miss Universe Pageant is the stupid Madame Stella Araneta (Chairman of BB Pilipinas) keeps on sending our girls to freaking COLOMBIA for training and they always end up looking worse and pageant patty. Also, we've been sending the wrong girls to Miss Universe, the best girls for Miss Universe are always sent to Miss World!

Yes, I am. XD damn it's suppose to be somewhat original since i didn't add the mami... XD

Yeah so, I still didn't find her appealing... I didn't know that Why Colombia XD... I agree about sending the wrong girls to Miss Universe that's why she didn't appeal to me much...

since donald trump bought the pageant, it's true that north american's always tend to win/ hence, all north-american judges lol. but miss universe is not the only big pageant out there. there is still miss earth and miss world however miss world has been really stupid lately with their voting system, i mean why the heck would you make more than 100 countries go to the host country to compete when the winner is decided by votes anyways? i'm just looking forward to miss earth now which is on november in santiago, chile. and rumours has it that some countries might boycott miss universe next year. it already happened in miss world. miss world is supposed to have more than 130 countries this year. the pageant starts first week of sept yet now they dnt even have 80 yet. a lot of national directors found it pointless to send girls to miss world because of this voting system. countries said to boycott miss universe are Venezuela, South Africa, France.. but trump always finds a way to solve these kinds of problems though. this year the countries that did not send a delegate were Portugal, Italy, Honduras, and more.

I only will watch it if i like a contestant other then that I don't tune in... -_-

Guest blusparkles

i thought miss japan was gorgous. she was much more animated compared to miss puerto rico...she looked very stiff and i did not like her choice for her evening gown.

i thought miss japan was gorgous. she was much more animated compared to miss puerto rico...she looked very stiff and i did not like her choice for her evening gown.

Omg!

So annoying, I wish people would stop saying Miss Japan was more beautiful just because she's an asian.

Omg!

So annoying, I wish people would stop saying Miss Japan was more beautiful just because she's an asian.

...where did that person say anything about Miss Japan being Asian?

Archived