[Drama 2012/13] Horse Doctor 마의 馬醫 马医

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-755910/2012kdrama-veterinarian-maui
Actor Jo Seung-woo (32) will be appearing in a drama for the first time in his acting life.Jo Seung-woo has been cast for the MBC historical drama "Enchanted". This drama is about the life of a horse vet who moved upwards to a royal physician and is produced by Lee Byeong-hoon who took part in "Dae Jang Geum", "Yi San" and "Dong Yi" and with writer Kim I-yeong who has worked with him since.
Jo Seung-woo debuted in the year 1999 with movie "Chunhyang" and has been in movies and musicals only until now. His decision to star in this drama seems like a big challenge to him as he never did so before. Jo Seung-woo had avoided being in dramas. When he was in the movie "Perfect Game" last year, he mentioned that he wasn't comfortable in switching mediums. "The Korean drama system is the kind I can't stand. If all the dramas were to be pre-produced then I would give it a try but if I have to do it piece by piece almost close to live then I can't. Dramas don't even let you sleep. Not sleeping or eating on time changes a person's personality".

Jo Seung-woo accepted this drama offer for the sake of his special relationship with the assistant director. He was pressured by the fact of it being a drama but he was convinced after a long time. They met through "Chunhyang" and have been close ever since then. The AD's role in this time's casting was very helpful.

The fact that it was producer Lee Byeong-hoon also helped to change Jo Seung-woo's mind. He was interested in the project and producer Lee was someone he had always wanted to work with. Many actors and actresses think of it as an honor to work with producer Lee.

Jo Seung-woo has been in movies "The Classic", "Marathon", "The War Of Flower" and more. He was also in the musicals, "Jekyll and Hyde", "Zorro" and more. He is going to join "Enchanted" right after he is done with musical "Doctor Zivago" in June.

http://www.hancinema.net/jo-seung-woo-cast-in-enchanted-first-drama-ever-41975.html

@ck, IF I bring the main subber, will you open a channel?Cause, as you know ,managing is not my strongest side, but I'm a damn great segmenter and If I like the project, lots of people follow. 

@ck, I already sent mail to my favorite subber, hope she'll cooperate. It's not really that bad to be a viewer of sageuk if the outcome will be like Tree With Deep Roots (One of my favorite dramas of all times), and don't get panic from 60 episodes, cause all the people who watch Giant (like me) can tell you it was worth every single minute. Let's cross fingers, cause this is the most attractive cast I've seen for years. (and I'm not talking about their appearance, but on their skills)

OMG so happy! if lee yo won is really in this drama , then you can sit back and relax! and with such great producers and directorsand LEe sang woo in an ancient!!!! this is a first !!!drooool

Guest mydrama

As long as Lee Yo Won is in the drama I don't mind if it's 60 episodes, in fact I welcome it. Looking forward!   

does Lee Yo Won really confirm?there still statement about she to think positively to this drama but i haven't seen the straight confrimation.nice to see Lee Yo Won in saeguk again!she's great in Queen Seon Deok, and i'm sure she will be success again this time :x

Well..., i think i will camping here too with our fellow fr feast of the gods.* wave to kaciemon and shinobu. But...again the second lead...after the battle for main lead in FOTG..., but at least i can see him again... I can't wait for Lee Sang woo in hanbok, must be awesome with his tall figure. Woahh..., i just knew that a long time ago there was a doctor for horse already

:)

Guest rintintintin

I've notice that Lee Sang woo is including in the cast, oh my gosh!!! :D But I can't wait for this one it's a busy school works for me once again. :(

@Shinobu, you wrong. Almost all historical dramas that air in MBC was very successful. You should check previous work of the director and the writer and you'll see that they are a very good team with great rating. Their last project  "Dong Yi" had 25% average and wore in the first place since episode 17 till episode 57. It was also the same case in "Yi San" and that fact make them a very strong pair in Historical genre. btw, "Queen Seon Duk" was also MBC's project with great rating. I can give you a lot examples if you want, but you must love this genre otherwise you'll get bored and even the presence of the gorgeous LSW won't help you to survive. :)

Jewel in The Palace, Jumong, Yi San, Queen Seon Deok, Dong Yi are all mega hits of long saeguk of MBC, hope Horse Doctor will continou this trend  :D
oww, so we still don't have confirmation of lead female?hope Lee Yo Won really joins

Archived