[Drama 2012/13] Horse Doctor 마의 馬醫 马医

Guest yeohweping

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

This is pure awesome. 60 eps or more I'm in. Jo seungwoo in dramas... that's a miracle! Plus the king of historical dramas lbh pd, that's awesome.... and as a FAN of LSW, I'm hella in, and lee yo won is such a bonus.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jewel in The Palace, Jumong, Yi San, Queen Seon Deok, Dong Yi are all mega hits of long saeguk of MBC, hope Horse Doctor will continou this trend 

:D

oww, so we still don't have confirmation of lead female?hope Lee Yo Won really joins

@Shinobu, you wrong. Almost all historical dramas that air in MBC was very successful. You should check previous work of the director and the writer and you'll see that they are a very good team with great rating. Their last project  "Dong Yi" had 25% average and wore in the first place since episode 17 till episode 57. It was also the same case in "Yi San" and that fact make them a very strong pair in Historical genre. btw, "Queen Seon Duk" was also MBC's project with great rating. I can give you a lot examples if you want, but you must love this genre otherwise you'll get bored and even the presence of the gorgeous LSW won't help you to survive. :)

I've seen most of the Korean historical/period dramas, Jejoongwon was the weakest that I've seen so far. I couldn't finish The Moon that Embraces the Sun & couldn't bring myself to watch Princess Man.. not very much interested on Period/Romance genre. Just finished with King Gwanggaeto the Great (92 episodes) yesterday & few weeks ago King Geunchogo (60 episodes).. LOL! It took me several months actually to finish them. They were not bad.. but the later has a much better story-line. I went gaga for LYW in QSD.. LOL!  Well, I hope this Horse Doctor will be a great one.. just like or even more than Jumong, Dae Janggum, QSD, YiSan..etc. Horse Doctor.. fighting!!!

So far, only Jo Seung Woo is confirmed. :) Other actors, either in talks or only rumoured... Though I really wish LSW takes part in this. :))

Update on Upcoming K-dramas Golden Time, Horse Doctor, and The Secret Lovers 
jswoo.jpgSummer is right around the corner, but the drama planning chugs along towards the Fall season already. MBC, always known for its epic (long) dramas, is turning back to its behemoth success of the 60+ episode Queen Seon Deok (also known as Queen Snore Deok around here) and the 50+ episode Dong Yi and preparing for another 60 episode sageuk. This one is called Horse Doctor and is about the true story of a Joseon horse vet who becomes the royal physician. The PD will be sageuk veteran Lee Byung Hoon (Dae Jang Geum, Seodongyo, Dong Yi), and the lead will be played by movie star Jo Seung Woo in his first drama appearance in his decades long career. Another upcoming MBC drama The Secret Lovers (a remake of the movie 7th Level Civil Servant) has reportedly landed as its leading man Lee Dong Gun in his first post military service project.
yowonlee.jpg
The leading ladies for both dramas are still in discussions, but it looks like Lee Yo Won may be accepting the role in Horse Doctor, while Lee Da Hae is in talks for The Secret Lovers. There was rumors Lee Da Hae was offered the role in Horse Doctor, but I’m actually glad it’s going to be Lee Yo Won, since I know she has the stamina for a 60 episode sageuk having pulled it off with Queen Seon Deok. I also think Lee Da Hae and Lee Dong Gun has the potential to be such a winning pairing. I approve! Other casting offers floating around has Lee Sang Woo (Feast of the Gods, Thousand Day Promise) and Kim So Eun joining Horse Doctor.
Since Horse Doctor and The Secret Lovers are Fall dramas, neither will air will for months. The Secret Lovers will air on MBC Wed-Thurs after Arang with Lee Jun Ki and Shin Mina, while Horse Doctor will follow Golden Time with Lee Seon Kyung and Hwang Jung Eum on Mon-Tues. Speaking of Golden Time, the drama is currently filming and released script reading pictures. By the PD who did Pasta and written by the scriptwriter for OB/GYN, it’s a medical drama that I actually think should be pretty solid. I like OB/GYN and the directing for Pasta was excellent. On an unrelated note, yay for King Jae Kang (Lee Sung Min) not being dead and off being a doctor in Golden Time!
http://koalasplayground.com/2012/06/10/update-on-upcoming-k-dramas-golden-time-horse-doctor-and-the-secret-lovers/

Lee Da Hee is for another MBC drama so, we only have Lee Yo Won as the female lead candidate

OMG, September gonna be the big month of this year if my both favorite actress' will air at the same time. Lee Da Hae, not cause of My Girl (I probably the only person in this area who HATE it!) is still in my eyes, a very talented actress and the most pretty one among all other actress'. Lee Yo Won is the most impressive player I saw on the screen. The ability to play spectacular, honest and penetrating deep inside is unbelievable. With talent like hers is hard to argue.
I wish the rumors will confirm soon. 

Kang Yi Nyung

알지 知
편안할 녕,령 寧 

우선 저 녕(寧)이라는 글자가 여자 이름에 사용되는 한자가 아닌거 같음
무령왕, 양녕-효령-충녕-성녕대군처럼 왕이나 대군들 이름에 녕(寧)이 들어가고
작명관련 사이트에서 검색해 보니까 주로 남자 이름에 많이 사용되는 한자임

그리고 무령왕, 효령대군처럼 녕이 아니라 령이라고고 읽히는 모양인데
강지녕이 아니라 강지령이면 좀 낫지 않음?

배역 이름 작명하기 힘들다면 강지녕→강지령으로라도 바뀌었음 함

DC

I don't understand