[Drama 2012/13] Horse Doctor 마의 馬醫 马医

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translations credit to Melare@viki.com
Actor Lee Sang Woo (32) is expected to join Lee Byeong Hoon PD's next drama, "Maui".
Multiple people involved in the broadcast have said Lee Sang Woo will be cast. If he joins, this will be Lee Sang Woo's first historical drama.

Ever since the travesty that was Paradise Ranch. I don't trust any horse themed Kdrama.

I liked this actress in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee and in Queen Seonduk, but she is aging rapidly. I first noticed it in 49 Days. I hope she is all right.

DJG

wrote:

»

Ever since the travesty that was Paradise Ranch. I don't trust any horse themed Kdrama.

I liked this actress in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee and in Queen Seonduk, but she is aging rapidly. I first noticed it in 49 Days. I hope she is all right.

^ Agree. This is a saegeuk , not a modern show about horses. And perhaps you're taking the title too literally because I doubt 'horses' will be the main focus, there's gotta be a more in-depth plot. =]
I don't think Le Yo Won is aging "rapidly" . In 49 days was supposed to look all haggard and tired because that's how her character was written. After watching QSD , I have full faith in LYW!!! As more and more people are getting cast, I can't help but get excited!!!

Can someone tell me where the information for the cast characters have come from? So I can go to the site? It is on the 1st page of this thread. Thank you.
http://bumsso.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/kim-so-eun-set-to-join-the-cast-of-mbcs-horse-doctor/

Kim So Eun is set to join MBC’s Horse Doctor, as shared by her agency.  She will play Princess Sook-Hwi, a self-centered but charismatic princess who has been spoilt by her indulgent father, the late King Hyojong, and her brother, current King Hyunjong.

Horse Doctor is a sageuk based on a true story about Baek Gwang Hyun, a horse doctor who eventually becomes a royal physician. In the drama, Princess Sook-Hwi first meets Baek Gwang Hyun when he treats her cat, and even though she continues to make life difficult for Baek Gwang Hyun, Princess Sook-Hwi grows to like him.

Jo Seung Woo has been confirmed for the lead character Baek Gwang Hyun, and it is rumored that Lee Yo Won is in talks for the lead female role, Kang Ji Nyung.

Source: Fantagio Group

DJG  May I suggest you read the story and the cast description before you criticize this drama? Paradise Ranch was what is was because of the writing and acting. To label everything with the same brush just based on one drama is just unkind. If your opinion is based on one show, what does it say then for the reputation and skills of the PD and writer? Plus the fact that Cho Seung Woo would agree to star in a 60 episode drama says something as well. And no, if the drama is based on court physicians and kings.... don't quite know how you deduce that it would be in the Royal stables. 

;)

Can someone tell me where the information for the cast characters have come from? So I can go to the site? It is on the 1st page of this thread. Thank you.

Guest rintintintin

So it means that LYW confirmed that she will join the cast of this drama???? Oh man, I don't have news about the confirmation of her waaahhhh! Too busy in my school these days...

i think this drama will be good or maybe it's gonna be great, despite the tittle, this is MBC Aniversary project, ypu know, MBC won't make something ordinary for its once in a year aniversary project, it must be something special.i have wacthed Queen Seon Deok as MBC's aniversary project in 2009 (and it is played by Lee Yo Won too) and i must admit that the drama was so great that made me drown for months into it.so i once again will believe in this drama as MBC's Aniv project, moreover if Lee Yo Won joins 

Yes, like Ninimi, I have faith in Horse Doctor’s project too. Just the drama title doesn’t say anything about its content.

This is MBC’s big project celebrating their birthday. Actually, MBC isn’t forced to do it just for their anniversary if they don’t have something unique for the viewers. Their previous projects proved it.

Besides, we all know drama taste of Korean housewives are more and more difficult to satisfy. No need for MBC to take risk of their reputation and money for something boring or trend chasing. So do the actors. They are big stars, no need for them to take risk of their reputation or career life just for money. Choosing such a long project like this does say something.

And I have more faith in HD if LYW join this drama. Not only because I’m her fan, but she showed her skillful acting in her previous medical and historical dramas, and her acting skill improved more through 49 Days.

Archived