Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Sorry guys I didn't realize that I was signed in using my old account. It's my first time to post using my new phone and I mistakenly encoded the wrong account when I logged in only to realize it after I posted a comment. So well, that comment is mine. I wanted to delete it but I read that you have to ask permission and stuff so ugh never mind. Soompi is too complicated for me.

Anyway, just want to add something to what I wrote earlier. Two Cops started out really great but in the last few episodes I've really been frustrated with the writing. I hope the story picks up coz even Hyeri is improving ya know. Haha. I feel like Suk is doing everything with all that he has. He's doing an excellent job. I wish though that the writing matches up with his brilliance. The backstory is always about SooChang. All we know is DongTak's parents drowned so water is sort of his weak element, that a cop mentored him to becoming the justice seeking detective that he is now and that he wants to seek justice for the death of his cop friend. But other than those and coz most were just verbally presented, we don't have that much emotional base from DongTak for viewers to connect with him even more. Unlike SooChang who I think is slightly better written since we get to see his brotherly/friendly ties with DooSik, his cute moments with Bong, his code of ethics of not stealing from the weak and of course that accident he encountered as a child where he met DongTak for the first time. It's a good thing Suk is playing DongTak. He gets to portray him with different feelings even with such limited background. And well at least I'm enjoying our DongAn moments. I feel their chemistry especially when they kiss. Feels like they really are so in love. They should get a best kiss award for this one. No kidding. That kiss is the most real kiss I've seen. It's so beautiful, so heart fluttering!

• Like 3

He won the Top excellent award:

He was also one of the nominees for Daesang (the Daesang went to Kim Sang Joong sunbae-nim from "Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People")

Kim Sun Ho thanking Jungsuk-hyung for his guidance in his speech for Best supporting actor award. 

Congrats to our actor, you did great tonight. Keep being amazing, you will get Daesang at the next opportunities! Fighting! :wub:

• Like 3

Oh wow, JJS did it again!  Congrats to our actor on winning Top Excellence Actor award!  Love his interactions with Hyeri on stage....super cute.......any idea what they talked about on the podium?  I only heard the MCs reminding Hyeri of her bf....hehehe.  Did JungSuk mention Gummy in his speech?  His speech was kinda long but I like it.......happy that I get to his handsome face for quite a bit in last night's ceremony :D  Glad that he also mentioned his TK2H princess :tongue:

Here is the Extract of JJS's acceptance speech from Soompi's live blog: 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/30/live-blog-2017-mbc-drama-awards/

"Jo Jung Suk: Thanks "Two Cops" director, scriptwriter, team, actors, his staff members, etc. and his mother

Says he feels like he's learning about how to be a sincere actor here (at the ceremony), and how he was really affected about Lee Mi Sook's words about how an actor must always try their best regardless of age and ability

Thanks former co-stars who are in the audience as well

Promises to be humble and healthy. Thanks Two Cops team again, and his girlfriend, singer Gummy!

20171230152625_146245.jpg?random=1514647641915

20171230152417_137350.jpg?random=1514647514603

During the Daesang nominees' interview, "Jang Hyuk says he finds more difficulty with roles that involves a lot of lines.  Jo Jung Suk also says he prefers roles with less lines AHAHA.....and adds that he hopes Yoo Seung Ho will win!! :lol:  Like that the Daesang is chosen by a professional panel, and not by popular votes and the winner is a deserved winner!  Our actor will surely win his Daesang in due time :wub:

No Best Couple this year??!!

• Like 3

Hallo @karen527 Yes, we are still active here :D 

MBC awards last night was really great.. so many familiar faces, great actors and actresses.. Thanks @mintea18 for the clips. I didn’t watch most of the dramas that won, like Rebel, Ruler. I think only Two cops. But so many familiar faces, and most importantly is Jo Jung Suk came and got his award! I’m not thinking of Daesang for him this year, first because the drama is still running and he hasn’t pulled all of his abilities in Two Cops. It’s different with last year, with his role in JI. So disappointed last year that he didn’t get it. 

But this year, I’m happy that he still got the awards, although together with Kim Ji Suk.  Only half complaining, because I like Kim Ji Suk in 20th century also :) 

JJS being himself in award ceremony is really different with his characters in drama. There is always subtle shyness that he shows :wink: 

No wonder the camera shown TK2H princess and Lee Mi Sook during his speech :) Thanks @kenjo80 for the extract. 

• Like 3

Welcome back @karen527 yes, JJS thread is still very much alive and kicking........our love for our actor is still as strong as ever :wub: 

So happy that MBC recognises JungSuk's superb efforts in Two Cops and awards him the Top Excellence gong for his top notch acting in this very difficult 2-characters-in-1 role!  The drama has sorta reached its turning point with the death of Doo Shik (isn't this JJS's character's name in My Annoying Brother? :lol:) and we now know that the pendant with the TJH inscription belongs to Prosecutor Tak Jae Hee......why did he run away from the accident scene?  Hope that we get to discover a bit more about CDT's background and why so many innocent men had to be murdered to "save" Jae Hee......it'd better sooner rather than later......SooChang has 2 weeks left to solve the murder in order for his soul to return to his body! 

Yay, so happy that CDT will be sporting the new short haircut from now on :grin:

JJS: is there an actor you want to work with together for a project?

Hyeri: I want to do it with Jo Jungsuk again

THE MC THEN SAID: Hyeri-ssi what do you think of Ryu Junyeol?

JJS came to the rescue: I'll do it LOL

credit : @andianpranaya 

l8m9mWF.gif

Bravo!

• LOL 2

Found an article on the "cute" conversation between JJS and Hyeri on stage....

The 2017 MBC Drama Awards - Jo Jung-suk Comes to Hyeri's Rescue

At the 2017 MBC Drama Awards, the leads of the drama "Two Cops", actor Jo Jung-suk and actress Hyeri stepped up to the stage to present the Popularity Awards. Standing at the ceremony as an official actress, Hyeri smiled and expressed her gratitude by saying, "It is such an honor to be here with many senior actors and actresses. This is so meaningful to me".

Before presenting the awards, the two chatted before the audience to lighten up the mood. Jo Jung-sukasked Hyeri, if there was any actor present with whom she desired to partner in a drama. Hyeri wittily replied by pointing at Jo Jung-suk and saying that she was already happy to be partnered with a great actor.

Listening to the conversation, many people smiled and laughed at how cute they were. At that moment, the main MC, Oh Sang-jin asked Hyeri a rather mischievous question by asking her "What about Ryu Jun-yeol?" At the sudden mention of her boyfriend, Hyeri became flustered. That's when her drama partner Jo Jung-suk came to the rescue by interjecting, "Well, I actually want to partner up with him!"

In reaction to the incident, netizens are commenting on how inappropriate Oh Sang-jin's question was at such a formal ceremony and how inconsiderate he was towards Hyeri. On the other hand, Jo Jung-suk is receiving many praises on how well he handled the situation.

Source

Well, JJS may be "hinting" in saying he wants to partner up with RJY.......he is going to take up the offer of the role in the movie with GHJ and RJY!! :D

Sweet DongAn Couple :D:wub:

6nLoah8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[ENGSUB] JJS's speech for Top Excellent Actor Award!

(1)

(2)

(3)

His speech was long yet well delivered and meaningful. I loved it :)

On 31/12/2017 at 10:09 AM, mundaliv said:

JJS being himself in award ceremony is really different with his characters in drama. There is always subtle shyness that he shows :wink: 

That's what I like about him! He can't tell lie because it would all show on his face, the beginning of YOF Ep.1 is a clearest example hahaha

• Like 3

Thanks guys for welcoming me back! Awww. Truly feel like I have sisters in here. I don't have one so I feel so blessed!

I thought Suk's speech was as spontaneous as it could get but I loved it coz it felt truly sincere. You know what I loved the most about his speech? That mention about him being able to relate with the child actor who lost his dog. I feel like our Suk has a real soft, caring heart and I love it about him. He listens even to those things most people don't find interesting. He's compassionate and down to earth. I love that our Suk is a normal human being and his thoughts are not clouded by "world domination" superficial things despite his great ability. I feel like I have bigger dreams for him than he does for himself. He seems to be doing his best at the moment and looks forward to doing better the next time. Aaah!!! I like him for all of his many talents but I adore him for his beautiful heart.

Anyway, first time he didn't thank his fans but as I said his speech was so random and unprepared so I understand. And well he really doesn't have to. He deserves all the recognition because he worked hard for it. We are just here to support him. I actually should thank him for making me happy each day. Haha.

For the coming new year I wish him continuous success, more blessings, good health and happiness. Thanks Suk for making my 2017 meaningful. I saw him perform live. What more could a hardcore fangirl ask for?

Happy New Year my chingus!!! I hope you will all be blessed and be filled with happiness this 2018!!! And stay healthy too. I've got flu right now. Geez. Does that mean I'll be sick the entire year? Hope not. Oh well. Suk is my medicine. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mintea18 said:

[Fancam]

"Princess" Lee Yoon Ji approached and said bye to him at the end of the Awards show! So precious moment! :wub:

Awww, that was so sweet! Thanks for sharing! It's unbelievable how much onscreen chemistry JJS has with all his love interests on screen. I enjoyed the TK2H couple after JI couple!

So yes, please say yes so the movie with GHJ!!!

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, soulgirl012 said:

Awww, that was so sweet! Thanks for sharing! It's unbelievable how much onscreen chemistry JJS has with all his love interests on screen. I enjoyed the TK2H couple after JI couple!

So yes, please say yes so the movie with GHJ!!!

IKR, there were even serious rumors that him and Lee Yoon Ji was dating back then because their chemistry was so good. 

I have the feeling that he already accepted the movie with GHJ!!hehe

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mintea18 said:

I have the feeling that he already accepted the movie with GHJ!!hehe

I hope so!! But don't have my hopes up mintea! Haha!

For personal reasons, I can't watch Two Cops so I really need JJS to be in something that I can watch. I can only rewatch JI so many times so yes JJS, pleaseeeeeee work with GHJ!

• Like 2

@mintea18 ouch too bad I can’t recognize her! Do you watch 20th century as well? The guy doctor passing by in front of JJS :D 

I love this clip, just showing how JJS interact with people after the award ceremony ends. He is so nice :) 

All of his dramas (except What’s up because I haven’t watched it), he really has amazing chemistry with his partner. Top notch is with GHJ in JI :wub: JI is masterpiece of JJS :) 

• Like 1

@mintea18 Thanks my dear!!! I'm feeling a lot better now. Suk wished everyone good health I know right. We all should be healthy then. Haha.

Love seeing Suk interact with his colleagues too. I noticed a lady eagerly greet him. She must be a fan too. Lol. And then I saw some clips of Suk and Hyeri enjoying the show while they were seated side by side. Seems she is comfortable around her oppa. I must have heard her call him oppa in one bts of Two Cops. How cute! 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2018 at 4:34 PM, karen527 said:

@mintea18 Thanks my dear!!! I'm feeling a lot better now. Suk wished everyone good health I know right. We all should be healthy then. Haha.

Love seeing Suk interact with his colleagues too. I noticed a lady eagerly greet him. She must be a fan too. Lol. And then I saw some clips of Suk and Hyeri enjoying the show while they were seated side by side. Seems she is comfortable around her oppa. I must have heard her call him oppa in one bts of Two Cops. How cute! 

Glad that you got better chingu!! :wink:

Yeahh, Hyeri's called him Oppa and seems so comfortable with him.

Because he's such a warm person, his leading ladies always feel comfortable around him and they have no qualms at all doing skinship with him, they even improvised more kisses! hahah. That's why the interactions between him and his leading ladies are always so cute!

@mundaliv I haven't finished the drama yet, mainly because I couldn't stand Anthony.

Was thinking of picking it up again when I see Doctor and Areum had their 1st kiss haha. I really like their story besides lawyer Young-shim's, guess the actress in the clip was her cause her gestures really look like Young-shim's :tongue:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@mintea18 i think you’re right because the clothes are the same. The 20th century team were in the same table. Only han ye seul was not there. The MC of MBC award was Oh Sang Jin, the lawyer :D It was such an easy drama with wonderful OST :wink: The acting or the character of Anthony was too puzzling. 

I dropped Revolutionary Love at that time. Can’t stand Siwon in the earlier episodes. 

Eventhough Two cops story is not as good as JI, but the acting of JJS and KSH are great. So far annoying characters are the villain. 

Hopefully JJS will return not too long to dramaland after two cops finished. He should follow Jang Hyuk who always have minimum 2 dramas in a year :D Now JJS only has 1 drama per year. 

• Like 2

Thanks @mintea18 for all the clips of JJS enjoying himself at the MBC Drama Awards ceremony!  Aigoo, so heartwarming to see him and Princess Lee Yoon Ji hugging each other.....IMO his best partner after GHJ and PBY!  Love to see how comfortable Hyeri was with him at the award ceremony......I like their little "gig" on stage with the audience also enjoying their interactions!

And yeah, that was 20th Century Boy & Girl's Young Shim greeting him earnestly :lol: Aaahh, just read on Asianwiki that the actress who played Young Shim also acted in My Love, My Bride.......no wonder she approached to greet JJS :)

3 hours ago, mundaliv said:

@mintea18 i think you’re right because the clothes are the same. The 20th century team were in the same table. Only han ye seul was not there. The MC of MBC award was Oh Sang Jin, the lawyer :D It was such an easy drama with wonderful OST :wink: The acting or the character of Anthony was too puzzling. 

I dropped Revolutionary Love at that time. Can’t stand Siwon in the earlier episodes. 

Eventhough Two cops story is not as good as JI, but the acting of JJS and KSH are great. So far annoying characters are the villain. 

Hopefully JJS will return not too long to dramaland after two cops finished. He should follow Jang Hyuk who always have minimum 2 dramas in a year :D Now JJS only has 1 drama per year. 

@mundaliv Oh my, I didn't realise the MC Oh Sang Jin was the lawyer in 20th Century B&G until you mentioned it!   All this while, I thought he's an MC, not an actor!  He looked rather different as the MC as he was smiling most of the time whereas in the drama, he was always so serious looking!  Anyway, I dropped the drama mid-way cos like @mintea18, Anthony was rather boring and it took so very long for the main OTP to realise their love.....and Areum was the actress who played the policewoman in OMG.

• Like 2