Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Another review from dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/2016-year-in-review-part-6-hoobae-minions-first-rodeo/#more-122979

hoobae_chocolatte1a.jpg

chocolatte_jealousy-1.jpg

Jealousy Incarnate: I honestly didn’t expect to like Jealousy Incarnate as much as I did, even though I’m a fan of leads Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok. There were too many elements that could have gone wrong: A ridiculously long twenty-four episodes for a rom-com? Check. The been-there-done-that premise of a love triangle between a plucky heroine and two men? Check. Go Kyung-pyo as the second lead? Check. Did I mention that it was twenty-four episodes? 

The show took a little while to find its groove, but a few episodes in, all my doubts drifted away one by one. Everything about the series clicked, from the fresh and sometimes unexpected writing, to the quirky and perfectly timed OST, and to the lovable cast of characters who didn’t miss a beat throughout the show’s run. Above all, Jealousy Incarnate was really and truly funny—and I mean snorting with laughter funny—from beginning to end, cementing its place as not only my favorite show of 2016, but my favorite rom-com of all time. 

As much fun as some of the supporting players were (Pal-gang’s moms win my vote for best couple), it was Jo Jung-seok’s standout performance as the prickly Lee Hwa-shin that took Jealousy to a whole new level. In the hands of a less capable actor, Hwa-shin could have been a terrible hero to root for—he was arrogant, selfish, childish, and sometimes, even downright cruel. But Jo Jung-seok imbued his character with a vulnerability that made me believe that underneath his outer layer of petulance, there was a good guy in there, one that was capable of loving one girl with all his heart, and one who was worthy of said girl. 

Yes, Hwa-shin, you won. You won all of the things, which not only includes Pyo Na-ri’s heart, but my heart, too. 

hoobae_laica1a.jpg

laica_jealousy-1.jpg

Jealousy Incarnate: In a year of great shows, it’s hard to pick a favorite, but Jealousy Incarnate is definitely one of the top contenders for me. I’ve always been a huge fan of writer Seo Sook-hyang, and she outdid herself here—her writing was nuanced, poignant, and gut-bustingly funny, with engaging, realistic characters and themes. Plot details that had one apparent narrative purpose would often come full circle a few episodes later in the most unexpected and delightful ways, enriching those earlier scenes that came before them. 

Case in point: Has ramyun ever been this romantic? From the forgotten cup ramyun that was later rediscovered like Na-ri’s abandoned love for Hwa-shin, tucked away in a dark corner of her heart, to Hwa-shin’s definitely-not-a-proposal promise of a thousand ramyuns (and later, the saddest shopping spree ever), Jealousy elevated the metaphor of food for love to a whole new level.

Still, the writing wouldn’t have shone without skillful directing, evocative music, and an incredibly talented ensemble cast to inhabit these complex, lovable characters who grew so much throughout the show’s run. We saw Pal-gang’s moms go from outright war, to ceasefire, to the most moving friendship in the drama. Our central love triangle was sweet, wacky, and painful in the best ways, and even though I questioned how far this “two-timing romance” was willing to go at times, I had to respect the drama for fully committing to its themes. Hwa-shin was the heart of this show, however, and his hilarious, emotional journey from an insensitive jerk to a still flawed but genuinely dreamy hero, brought to life by Jo Jung-seok’s virtuosic performance, is what I’ll remember about this show for years to come.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, karen527 said:

@mintea18 Awww Thanks for the hug sis! He had so many birthday cakes yesterday and I'm sure a lot had tweeted him already. It's really enough that I was able to celebrate his birthday the way I'd celebrate a loved one's special day. I wonder too how he spent his birthday. Hope he had the best day of his life. And about that Gummy interview...I get the feeling that he truly loves her. She is so lucky to have a boyfriend who not only supports her but also encourages her and believes in her. I love them together already.

You're welcome sis :blush:. And you are right. We can really see their connection and affection for each other. After I fell in love with Jungsuk, I watched a video of Gummy where she couldn't help smiling so bright when the MC mentioned her bf (and then being embarrassed about that lolll), and I supported them right away :)

15 hours ago, kenjo80 said:

Yes, this was a heart-tugging moment when the MC asked Gummy how her BF supported her and she said that he gave her tremendous amount of confidence and told her that she is in a different "class" from the other singers!  She was going through a slump then (why???) and he must have been such a huge comfort and confidence booster for her.  Awwww, so sweet of Jungsukkie and Gummy is one lucky gal :)  These two should do a duet together......Gummy should invite him to one of her concerts as a special guest and do a duet together.....that would bring the house down! 

Thank you soo muchhh for the translation chingu!! That's so sweeeet of him to say that to his gf. *I have a big smile on my face right now* And yes, they really should do a duet together... But I doubt it will happen soon cause seems like they want to keep their relationship as private as they can rn... @mundaliv I think it's because they want the press to focus more on their projects instead of their dating (?) :)

• Like 4

Btw, a Gummy's fan just posted the full video of Gummy singing "Don't worry, my dear", and she ends the song exactly the way Jungsuk and D.O.'s version ends hehe

.....I feel like I'm obsessed with JJS all over again every time I watch this video..... Jungsukkie and this song always give me mixed feeling in my stomach...... 
(The comment about JJS in the video has had 695 thumps up. Wow :w00t:

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Another review from dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/2016-year-in-review-part-6-hoobae-minions-first-rodeo/#more-122979

hoobae_chocolatte1a.jpg

chocolatte_jealousy-1.jpg

Jealousy Incarnate: I honestly didn’t expect to like Jealousy Incarnate as much as I did, even though I’m a fan of leads Gong Hyo-jin and Jo Jung-seok. There were too many elements that could have gone wrong: A ridiculously long twenty-four episodes for a rom-com? Check. The been-there-done-that premise of a love triangle between a plucky heroine and two men? Check. Go Kyung-pyo as the second lead? Check. Did I mention that it was twenty-four episodes? 

The show took a little while to find its groove, but a few episodes in, all my doubts drifted away one by one. Everything about the series clicked, from the fresh and sometimes unexpected writing, to the quirky and perfectly timed OST, and to the lovable cast of characters who didn’t miss a beat throughout the show’s run. Above all, Jealousy Incarnate was really and truly funny—and I mean snorting with laughter funny—from beginning to end, cementing its place as not only my favorite show of 2016, but my favorite rom-com of all time. 

As much fun as some of the supporting players were (Pal-gang’s moms win my vote for best couple), it was Jo Jung-seok’s standout performance as the prickly Lee Hwa-shin that took Jealousy to a whole new level. In the hands of a less capable actor, Hwa-shin could have been a terrible hero to root for—he was arrogant, selfish, childish, and sometimes, even downright cruel. But Jo Jung-seok imbued his character with a vulnerability that made me believe that underneath his outer layer of petulance, there was a good guy in there, one that was capable of loving one girl with all his heart, and one who was worthy of said girl. 

Yes, Hwa-shin, you won. You won all of the things, which not only includes Pyo Na-ri’s heart, but my heart, too. 

What to say? I LOVEEEE Dramabeans kkkkkkk~ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mintea18 said:

We can really see their connection and affection to each other. After fell in love with Jungsuk, I watched a video of Gummy on a KBS's program where she couldn't help but smiling so bright when the MC mentioned her bf (and then being embarrassed about that lolll), and then I supported them right away :)

Thank you soo muchhh for the translation chingu!! That's so sweeeet of him to say that to his gf. *I have a big smile on my face right now* And yes, they really should do a duet together... But I doubt it will happen soon cause seems like they want to keep their relationship as private as they can rn... @mundaliv I think it's because they want the press to focus more on their projects instead of their dating (?) :)

Hehe that's not my translation chingu, I just typed what i remembered from watching the clip with eng subs (link shared by @soulgirl012). These two lovebirds are a match made in heaven :wub:   

1 hour ago, mintea18 said:

Btw, a Gummy's fan just posted the full video of Gummy singing "Don't worry, my dear", and she ends the song exactly the way Jungsuk and D.O.'s version ends hehe

.....I feel like I'm obsessed with JJS all over again every time I watch this video..... Jungsukkie and this song always give me mixed feeling in my stomach...... 
(The comment about JJS in the video has had 695 thumps up. Wow :w00t:

Wow, Gummy's rendition of the song is so touching as well.  Oh my, I am sure she must have done her singing practice with her namja chingu before her concert with him giving her advice and feedback :)  Daebak! 695 LIKES for the comment on how JJS is the total package!  

I just finished watching the subbed ep 110 of Take Care of My Refrigerator with Gummy and HwanHee as the guests and the MC (think this is the same MC as the Masked Singer MC) loved to tease Gummy about her BF.  Sharing here two of Allkpop articles on her guesting and talking about her BF on TCOMR.

Allkpop's article 

Singer Gummy talked about her love for soju (Korean alcohol) on the December 19 episode of JTBC's 'Please Take Care of My Refrigerator.'  She revealed her affinity for the drink on the show, stating, "I drank it really well in the past.  I didn't get drunk even after drinking three bottles of soju.  Now I get very drunk."  MC Kim Sung Joo said, "Does he like soju, too?" meaning her boyfriend, Jo Jung Suk. Gummy replied, "He does."  She also revealed her ambitions for snagging a soju CF!

Link

Gummy shared about her close friend Hwanhee on 'Please Take Care of My Refrigerator'. The two singers guested on the December 26 broadcast. During the talk, Gummy was asked what she thinks of Hwanhee as boyfriend material. In response, Gummy quickly said, "I wouldn't like it."  She explained, "I think I'd be really anxious to have a guy like Hwanhee as my boyfriend. Girls like him too much."  The MCs then asked, "How about Nam Deuk ssi?", referring to the famous movie character of Gummy's real boyfriend Jo Jung Suk. To this, Gummy answered, "I trust him."

~~~~~~

In this episode, the MC also brought up the trending topic "Date like Gummy" and asked for he dating tip........she shared how she would react after an argument with JJS.  Go watch!  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, karen527 said:

@kenjo80 Oh my dear chingu thanks for that hug! I just really wanted to celebrate his birthday. Doesn't matter if he notices. Hehe. Cooking and preparing for his birthday made me feel good. I was really so tired yesterday after attending a party. But the thought of celebrating his birthday reenergized me. Hehe. I guess when you love what you're doing, the feeling of being tired and all other stress disappear. Awww. He makes me feel so alive. Geez. I really need to see a doctor for this. Hahaha.

@karen527 LOLLLL you don't need to see a doctor for feeling so much love for Jungsukkie......we are in the same boat, the obsession ship with me and @mintea18 already on board hehe....am sure the other chingu-deul here would gladly board this JJS-ship to express our love and admiration for this remarkable talented actor.....without him even knowing of our existence!  Hope he has had a memorable birthday celebration with his loved ones and enjoyed the food and soju!  

In Take Care of My Refrigerator, Gummy's singer friend, Hwanhee shared that Gummy only eats a meal per day as she is afraid of putting on weight!  Oh dear, how can a person survive on one meal a day??  Hwanhee said "She's really vehement.  You need energy from food to sing, but she just does it even without eating. That's why I think she's a venomous spider," as her name in Korean translates to "spider."  Gummy conceded with, "I think he's right.  I'm the the strong-willed type."   LINK

Aigoo, I guess that's the pressure of being a celebrity and dating one of the hottest k-actors.......the pressure to look good (reads "slim")!

• Like 3

On 27/12/2016 at 9:00 PM, kenjo80 said:

@karen527 LOLLLL you don't need to see a doctor for feeling so much love for Jungsukkie......we are in the same boat, the obsession ship with me and @mintea18 already on board hehe....am sure the other chingu-deul here would gladly board this JJS-ship to express our love and admiration for this remarkable talented actor.....without him even knowing of our existence!  Hope he has had a memorable birthday celebration with his loved ones and enjoyed the food and soju!  

I think a doctor can't help us because Jungsukkie is our only medicine! haha

I bookmarked the Take care of my refrigerator Episode. Can't wait to watch it!  (I wonder what JJS is like when he and Gummy have an argument! loll)

Some more pics of Sexy King :heart:

dhM4GNb.gif

b6ofrDO.gif

rIrjznr.gif

jGnAoBe.jpg

Source: JJS DC

• Like 4

@kenjo80 Oh my... I got bothered by Gummy eating only one meal a day. JungSuk's future wife has to be healthy. Oh well...if that's how she takes good care of her health then who am I to judge? But still...my mind can't resolve it. I hope she does that to be healthy and not to look like a stick thin pop star. I hope then he really takes good care of her. 

And oh how much I love that gif of Suk in suit holding a box. He indeed looks so sexy. In my eyes, he is the sexiest namja! But I'm being biased you know. Haha.

@mintea18 Ahaha! I guess there is really no cure for this. We just really have to give in to this craving for Suk and more Suk! 

Oh geez. I really miss Suk. Hope he attends the SBS Drama Awards, GHJ too. I wish to see them together again. I miss our ShinNari couple. 

And if IU will attend too,  I hope to see her pose with Suk for a pic. Mr. Shin is so much hotter now, Lee Soon Shin! Oh geez...I only realized it now. Lee Soon Shin should meet Lee HwaShin. Hahaha

• Like 5

Good day guys... I'm reading all your great comments and your wonderful gifs, and suddenly thinking... hm... what happened if JJS do a melo? That's one genre he hasn't touched yet right?

I think I'd need to invest on many boxes of tissue papers and black bags to wipe away my tears or to collect tears that may miraculously turn into pearls and make me rich. LOL~

And speaking of melo (or JJS's next project), which k-actress you want to see with JJS next? Putting popularity aside, I want to see JJS alongside with Son Ye Jin, Lee Bo Young, Lee Si Young, or Jung Eun Ji. =P (But I gotta say, JJS/GHJ couple will be hard to beat! )

• Like 5

@soulgirl012 I think JungSuk will do a melo easily :D I become his fans because of his very sad and longing eyes in Episode 10! When HwaShin was in Nari's room and doing all the dance, rap, sing thing. And not forgetting episode 21 and 22 in JI, I cried a river!! So, if he do a melo, we really need to prepare a box of tissues ;) 

For actress, I want him to do drama with Park Min Young :D 

Other actress that I can think of is Lee Min Jung and Oh Yeon So. I think with Oh Yeon So, he can do "crazy" thing.. just remember her from Come back mister. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, soulgirl012 said:

Good day guys... I'm reading all your great comments and your wonderful gifs, and suddenly thinking... hm... what happened if JJS do a melo? That's one genre he hasn't touched yet right?

I think I'd need to invest on many boxes of tissue papers and black bags to wipe away my tears or to collect tears that may miraculously turn into pearls and make me rich. LOL~

And speaking of melo (or JJS's next project), which k-actress you want to see with JJS next? Putting popularity aside, I want to see JJS alongside with Son Ye Jin, Lee Bo Young, Lee Si Young, or Jung Eun Ji. =P (But I gotta say, JJS/GHJ couple will be hard to beat! )

Yeah, a melo with Son Ye Jin would be just perfect.  She's one of my favourite actresses and does melo pretty well........her "A Moment To Remember" with Jung Woo Sung is one of the most touching melo movies IMO.  I am not a fan of noona-dongsaeng pairing and I also would prefer single ladies to be his next leading lady and one who is not too tall :w00t:. I don't mind Lee Si Young and Park Min Young cos they are not too young and are pretty good actresses.  And I think Han Ji Min does match him well too. 

2 hours ago, Jy Jy said:

Wow, JungSukkie is one of the winners of the Top Star Awards conferred by the Korea Film Actor's Association.  The "2016 Star Night - Korea Top Star Award" ceremony will be held at Grand Hyatt Seoul Grand Ballroom tomorrow (December 29) at 5 pm.  Both GHJ and JJS are awarded the Top Star Awards for their movies, "Missing" and "Hyung" respectively.  The other two winners are Kwak Do-won and Jo Jin-woong. Congratulations to both JJS and GHJ :grin:

Last year's Top Star winners were Lee Byung-hun, Yoo Ah-in and Han Hyo-joo. 

Source

• Like 5

@kenjo80 Oh wow. Does that mean we're going to see our JungSukkie in suit tomorrow? I wish he attends and GHJ too. I want to see them again together. And I also like Son Ye Jin. Think if JungSuk is going to do a melodrama, Son Ye Jin will be his perfect love interest. She's only two years younger, not too tall and is an awesome actress too. Plus, I think they will look good together since both JungSuk and YeJin look young and cute for their age. Awww. I really wish that pairing happens. 

• Like 4

@kenjo80 Oh wow. Does that mean we're going to see our JungSukkie in suit tomorrow? I wish he attends and GHJ too. I want to see them again together. And I also like Son Ye Jin. Think if JungSuk is going to do a melodrama, Son Ye Jin will be his perfect love interest. She's only two years younger, not too tall and is an awesome actress too. Plus, I think they will look good together since both JungSuk and YeJin look young and cute for their age. Awww. I really wish that pairing happens. 

First time to successfully insert a gif. JungSukkie is so freakin' cute!!!!

giphy.gif

(Credit to owner)

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, karen527 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS we are going to see our JungSukkie in his black suit and bow tie tomorrow!  And GHJ has to attend so she can be reunited with her kija-nim and walk the red carpet together........that will be a huge fan service for us JI and ShinNari lovers!  Thanks to @Jy Jy for sharing the article :)

JoJungSuk-SonYeJin pairing would be a dream drama couple since both are really awesome in their craft. She seems like a cheery person and like you said, cute for her age!  Son Ye Jin is BFF with GHJ and was at the "Missing" film premiere.......in their girls' talk, GHJ can recommend JJS to play her leading man in her next drama.......a fan can only hope :blink: 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, karen527 said:

First time to successfully insert a gif. JungSukkie is so freakin' cute!!!!

(Credit to owner)

Chukhahaeyo on your first gif post, my dear chingu!  Looking forward to lotsa pics and gifs of our Jungsukkie from you :)

A big "heart" from the Heart Master here!  LOL, he's so funny trying to act aegyo :w00t:

hmBKSXS.gif

cr: as tagged

• Like 4

@kenjo80Ayeee Thanks my chingu! Haha. I downloaded a gif maker app but still learning it. I will post my own gifs as soon as I learn how to do it. Hehe. So excited for tomorrow. Awww. Can't wait for our ShinNari couple. I wonder if they will have a photo together. Hoping they will!  

And working with YeJin is also possible I think. Didn't JungSuk work with Shin MinAh, also a bff of HyoJin prior to JI? The thing is, YeJin is the next best leading lady and she's just right around the corner. 

• Like 4