[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Chae Ah : “Joo Won's skinship, which woman will not like?”

cd9942ed2e738bd4fc9023d6a18b87d6267ff955

Han Chae Ah reveals the close relationship among her Bridal Mask co-stars Joo Won, Park Ki Woong and Jin Se Yeon

During her interview with TV Daily, Han Chae Ah expressed that the Bridal Mask actors & actresses still maintain very close friendship. Recently, on a show Joo Won was asked to choose between Han Chae Ah and Jin Se Yeon and without hesitation he chose Jin Se Yeon. Now, we asked Han Chae Ah if she has watched this show, she said “One day after the show was aired, I send a message via kakaotalk to Joo Won and asked him “Do you really like Jin Se Yeon so much?” , he immediately pulled his aegyo act and said “Of course, I like Noona better.” Actually because Se Yeon wasn’t around, that’s why he said he liked me. And I let he send another message to me saying “Don’t be angry"."

As she continued to talk about Joo Won’s aegyo ways and skinship, Han Chae Ah said “ Towards anyone, he loves skinship. You just need to pass by his side and he will reach out his hand and touch your back. In the beginning I misunderstood him. But afterwards, because of Joo Won, everyone on the film set begin to love skinship, it was seriously like that” as she reminisces those times.

She continued : “Even Park Ki Woong who originally did not like skinship, changed.” During rehearsal, he will also hold on to my fingers, I asked him “What’s the matter with you?” He said “It’s all because of Joo Won.” So I also became likewise, it is really because of Joo Won, I don’t know when it started but skinship had already become a habit. During the dinner after the filming ended, it was also like this, I hugged many times, I gave all the staff a hug, even those whom I already hugged, I will hug them again. “ Proving the ‘Joo Won’s Effect’ .

Han Chae Ah also praised Joo Won, saying “Some people might feel repelled about skinship, but if it is a child like Joo Won who is doing it, isn’t it great? Which woman will dislike? Joo Won is like a small child. In the beginning, I thought he was a bit stiff, but actually he is extremely attractive. Also through Bridal Mask, thanks to Joo Won, I learnt how to do skinship.”

Chinese translation: minidadalove from Joo Won Bar Baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: TV Daily

Guest sunflower63

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum. I am a big fan of Bridal Mask and Korean dramas in general, I hope to be able to have interesting discussions with you all soon.

Guest sunshine4ever

@sunflower63, welcome. :) You can still talk about this drama if you would like to. I bookmarked this thread so if you write I will be able to read your message, so feel free to discuss anything you want to discuss about. Like mrdimples was saying this drama ended a while back and most people are not around, but I am. ;) So share anything you wish.

Guest sunflower63

Hi Sunshine and Mrdimples and thanks so much for your warm welcome!! Yes I realized that this drama ended a while ago and I finished it about two weeks ago and am still quite in a loop about it. I only started watching Kdramas recently as I was mostly into Jdramas before this and Bridal Mask litterally swept me off my feet!! I have now watched about 20 Kdramas out of 80 in total in all and I did rate a few others very highly (10/10) but I have to say that this one is the best so far out of all of them. I hope to watch some more at this high level.I will go and look for more recent discussions...I am sure I will enjoy this forum.

"Bridal Mask" :)
is the drama that I liked. Historically this very well told. The actors are top notch. Joo Won is one of them. An actor playing the softer side of a person and arrogant. A drama that robbed me many tears and taught me a lot about the values ​​and the love we have for our country of birth.

KBS Drama Awards - Best Couple
Please vote 
Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon
310391_402640866469827_1476432027_n.jpg
Or
Joo Won and Park Ki Woong
538674_402640919803155_748451235_n.jpg

f3d3572c11dfa9ec382014fb62d0f703908fc1d4  This news appeared in Baidu. The last Bromance couple who won Best Couple Award was Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In for Sungkyunkwan Scandal
I am hoping that there will be a tie then the 3 can appear on stage just like how they appeared in these photos above, LOL!

love this review of Gaksital by Dramabeans...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/12/2012-something-for-everyone-year-in-review-part-1

Drama Reactions & Reviews 2012: Something for everyone? [Year In Review, Part 1] by javabeans | December 8, 2012 

yer_top3.jpg

[...]

Gaksital

yer_gaksital3.jpg

Oh, Gaksital. Hold on, I need a minnit to pull myself together. *tears*

If I recall Gaksital through a coldly analytical lens, I will remember that it was far from a perfect show. It had uneven swings in pacing and tempo and its rough edges were sometimes visible; you could make out the place where its vision hit up against constraints of its production environment (say, the live shoot, the budget, the sets). So Gaksital it wasn’t a seamless affair; there were bumps and hiccups along the way. I remember that.

Yet it had a potent alchemy that elevated the show beyond its weakest links. Overall it left such a strong impression that when I think of the drama, it’s like the thinking recedes and the feeling takes over. I relive its emotional highs, the welling of spirit and passion that it inspired.

Gaksital was characterized by a number of notable traits: For one, it dared go darker than many a prime-time drama has ventured. Forget sheer body count, the hero himself traversed a side swath of the nobility spectrum—from not at all to awesomely so, but not always on a linear path.

Moreover, the storytelling was strong and the direction top-notch. Action, music, gravitas—all were calibrated skillfully and in service of the story; it didn’t feel silly when trying to convey dire, or underdeliver when going for grand. Committed acting from leads Joo-won and Park Ki-woong brought their conflicted love and growing antagonism to life and broke your heart, in a small-scale representation of the greater conflict, which broke your heart again.

Historical context was worked in to anchor the story in a specific time and place, and that incorporation of real-life injustices and atrocities added heft to the fictional storyline. But it was the show’s deft hand that conveyed the emotional weight, and the show’s awesomely shot action scenes that made it so badass. Gaksital may have had its missteps, but nobody could accuse it of being afraid to go to difficult places or taking the easy way out. It had balls of steel, and a heart as big as the country our characters fought to claim for themselves.

[...]

Guest hay_lin14

Gaksital, i just finished this recently, i watched first Innocent Man and i'm glad i did, why? because i think after watching Gaksital i don't think i can't watch any drama's yet. For me, Gaksital is the best drama of 2012, no arguments there, it was the best, the storyline moved me so much that i think the drama wanted us to see patriotism during those years. The actors are great especially Joo Won and Park Ki-Woong, they portray their characters so much, hope they win for the Baeksang Art Awards next year, i'm crossing my fingers for that, hope Baeksang will be fair this time after what happened last time, because until now, i really can't believe it. 

Archived