[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

‘Best Couple’ nominations for the ’2012 KBS Drama Awards’ released

KBS has announced the 14 couples nominated for their ‘2012 KBS Drama Awards‘.

Scheduled to be held at 8:50 p.m. on December 31st at the KBS Hall, the award will be given to the best couple determined by 40% online votes, 40% journalist votes, and 20% expert votes. Due to the high reflection of online votes, the award will largely be determined by fans.

Most noted is the Joo Won and Park Ki Woong couple from ‘Bridal Mask‘, who although were rivals in the drama, managed to capture the attention of female viewers with their past friendship and friendly relationship off set.

Despite being the only ‘male-male couple’ featured in the nominations, they have a strong chance as any of winning the title, especially since another nominated male-male couple, Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In, came away with a win at the 2010 awards as a couple for ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal‘.

Check out the rest of the nominations below!

1. Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung for ‘Big‘
2. Baek Sung Hyun and Suzy for ‘Big’
3. Kim Kang Woo and Jo Yeo Jung for ‘Haeundae Lovers‘
4. Shin Hyun Joon and Kim Jung Eun for ‘Oohlala Couple‘
5. Um Tae Woong and Lee Bo Young for ‘The Equator Man‘
6. Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon for ‘Bridal Mask’
7. Joo Won and Park Ki Woong for ‘Bridal Mask’
8. Song Joong Ki and Moon Chae Won for ‘Nice Guy‘
9. Cha Tae Hyun and UEE for ‘Jeon Woo Chi‘
10. Yoo Jun Sang and Kim Nam Joo for ‘You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly‘
11. Kim Sang Ho and Shim Yi Young for ‘You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly’
12. Lee Hee Jun and Jo Yun Hee for ‘You Who Rolled In Unexpectedly’
13. Lee Sang Yoon and Lee Bo Young for ‘My Daughter Seoyoung‘
14. Oh Chang Suk and Hwang Sun Hee for ‘Love, Love‘

cre:allkpop

as much as i love JW-PKW couple, but its JOO WON- JIN SE YEON FOR THE WIN for me :x :x :x

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="blog_h2 entry-title"Joo Won and Park Ki Woong are nominated for the Best Couple Award

December 20, 2012 1:00 pm eternalc2h

2012122009570193338_1.jpgThe nominees for the Best Couple Award at the 2012 KBS Drama Awards, which will be held on December 31 at the KBS Hall, were recently released.

A total of fourteen teams will compete for the award.

Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung and Baek Sung Hyun and Miss A’s Suzy from Big, Kim Kang Woo and Jo Yeo Jung from Haeundae Lovers, Shin Hyun Jun and Kim Jung Eun from Ooh La La Couple, Uhm Tae Woong and Lee Bo Young from The Equator Man, Joo Won and Ji Se Yeon from Bridal Mask, Song Joong Ki and Moon Chae Won from Nice Guy, and Cha Tae Hyun and After School’s UEE from Jeon Woo Chi are nominated for the award.

Joo Won and Park Ki Woong from Bridal Mask were also nominated for the award. They’re rivals in the series but actually very close. It’s quite possible for them to receive the award.

In 2010, Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In from Sungkyunkwan Scandal received the award.

Besides them, Kim Nam Joo and Yoo Joon Sang; Kim Sang Ho and Shim Yi Young; and Lee Hee Joon and Jo Yoon Hee from My Husband Got a Family, Lee Sang Yoon and Lee Bo Young from My Daughter is Seoyoung, and Oh Chang Seok and Hwang Seon Hee from TV Novel Dear Love are also nominated.

The winner of the Best Couple Award will be selected based on an online vote (40 percent), expert panels (30 percent), and a reporter vote (40 percent). Because the online vote is of great importance, many people are wondering who will be the winner of the award.

A spokesperson for the awards says, “There are many couples who received a lot of attention from viewers, but we only select one team based on a variety of criteria. We don’t know who’s going to win the award because there’s going to be an online vote that viewers can participate in. It’s hard to predict the winner because Song Joong Ki and Yoo Ah In from Sungkyunkwan Scandal received the award in 2010.”

So many high praises for bridal mask, one of the best kdrama I have ever watched, since it got one of highest rating of the year too, I really hope it will win most award in KBS drama award and Paeksang Award, I didnt watch many drama of KBS (only Wild romance beside Bridal mask), so I dont know if Joowon or Park Ki woong has big chance to win daesang, but I really hope one of them can win it, because they are totally deserve for that! they have been performed one of best acting ever! ,   

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi Bridal Mask lovers, just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope you have a blessed and happy time with your family if you celebrate it. :)

Best wishes for the cast. I hope to see all four of them on the awards night and hopefully Bridal Mask will win the best drama of the year! Yay!

My Perfect Christmas Present
Joo Won will be performing Judgement Day with the choir and the tenor, gosh! I am so excited already!!!! I have been dreaming about this ever since Bridal Mask ended.
Here's the article Google translated but you can get the main gist: 

Samora, 2012 KBS Drama Awards '' gaksital reproduce

Article reporter entered 2012.12.25 | 09:23|Views 932|Social Comments  : 0Share

JW <ⓒ photo imseonggyun reporter>0

Day Samora actor Joo Won is transformed once again gaksital 25 am According to KBS on the side Joo Won the 2012 KBS Drama Awards presents special stage. September 6 last year that aired in KBS 2TV drama 'gaksital' (a play Yoo ' reproduce the scene it belongs to the directing of the best scenes) Yoon, Seong - Sik chayounghun drama hero yigangto station he had to take the smoke. In the last episode of the people who wrote gaksital scene and shouted for independence have direct participation in the OST song 'Day of Judgment' singing have also joined the stage for the choir and tenor Lee Jung-hyun is expected to decorate the magnificent stage Samora is gearing up for the practicing for the special stage that is said. Meanwhile, the 2012 KBS Drama Awards 31 at 8:00 pm at 9:50 pm held in the Seoul Yeouido KBS Hall. 

hay_lin14 said: Gaksital, i just finished this recently, i watched first Innocent Man and i'm glad i did, why? because i think after watching Gaksital i don't think i can't watch any drama's yet. For me, Gaksital is the best drama of 2012, no arguments there, it was the best, the storyline moved me so much that i think the drama wanted us to see patriotism during those years. The actors are great especially Joo Won and Park Ki-Woong, they portray their characters so much, hope they win for the Baeksang Art Awards next year, i'm crossing my fingers for that, hope Baeksang will be fair this time after what happened last time, because until now, i really can't believe it. 

Recently Joo Won won the Rookie MC award in KBS Entertainment Awards. Shin Hyun Joon was also at the event and won an award. I love how these 2 hugged each other here(bottom left of picture).They are really good "brothers" , my Kang San and Kang To
417044C0_zps66478a41.jpg
credit as tagged, post on Joo Won thread by @stearly

Just want to share this news I found from Baidu,
BM was chosen as one of the representative dramas of year 2012.
A rough translation for bridal mask portion. Chinese translation credits to Baidu user 531924739

古装片热潮
特别强调《新娘面具》平均为16.9%、最高22.9%的收视率,排在第6位的收视率上升至第四位。以日本帝国主义统治朝鲜末期为背景,虽然面临了韩流明星们的角色调查、制作问题等困境,但仍然凭借坚实的原作为基础展开紧迫的剧情、以崭新的形象及稳定的演技等中坚演员要素的鲜美味道呈现在观众的眼前。

Period Drama Craze

With particular emphasis on drama <Bridal Mask>, with average ratings of 16.9% peaking at 22.9%, Bridal Mask initially placed at the 6th  position has now risen to the 4th place. With the Japanese’s imperalist rule over Joseon as the plot’s back drop, the production faced casting and production difficulties. However, with the solid original manhwa as a basis, the production is able to develop and expand a tight story plot. Coupled with stellar acting from the actors, a new drama with brand new elements was able to be presented before the viewers.

2dv1ru8.jpg168vs54.jpg

Getting really excited for 31st Dec and we'll get to relive our Gaksital experience. If Gaksital doesn't win the Best Drama, I am going to fly to Korea, wear the bridal mask and protest outside KBS :))
Watch KBS Drama Awards on KBS World or online streaming. Someone over at Joo Won thread asked about the online viewing. I watched the KBS Entertainment Awards online too and I presume the Drama Awards must be the same. If you have not been viewing KBS 2 online recently or never before, here are the steps: 

1) http://www.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/# 

2) works on IE

3) Go to KBS2 and click

3) A box will appear instead of the usual screen. The words are in Korean but cannot be translated using the normal translator. Just click on the icon on the left to continue

4) An installation wizard will pop out. Again the words are in Korean. Just need to click on whichever box that is highlighted and the installation will begin

5) Run your newly installed exe program

6) When it is done, go back to the website and click KBS2 again

7) Wait for a few seconds, if the screen still remains white, press F5 and wait for a couple of seconds.

8) Viola! Now, you can watch KBS2 in HD. It’s nice and clear unlike previously. Worth the trouble   :))

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, I won't be able to make it to watch the awards live. If anyone know links and/or if you see links of the cast of Bridal Mask, will you please kindly share it? Thanks so much in advance. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys so I was at the site mrdimples gave earlier and there was a drama? Any idea what time the show is? Oops..maybe I missed it? MBC awards is on now..so I checked KBS, but it didn't have anything.

I wish Joo Won will get the best actor award and Park Ki Woong too since they cannot always have this kind of opportunity since Bridal Mask is truly the best  Drama for the year 2012 not only because of its great story plot but also because of the actors amazing performance  ..I am looking forward for the KBS Drama Awards because of Bridal Mask they deserve to get most if not all  of the major awards...Goodluck 

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, there is a possibility that KBS might be live streamed via this website: http://www.justin.tv/chingzy#/w/4355384432

Here is a link to follow that Lyra posted in case anyone want to know where to watch KBS awards tomorrow.

It has very good quality and is easily streamed. I just want to post it in case you guys need it for tomorrow's live stream. I heard KBS & SBS awards are at the same time? I heard SBS awards will be at 8:50 pm KST, so maybe KBS will be at about the same time?

I don't know if any of you will still be around, but we can watch this tomorrow and talk while watching. :) So see you later tomorrow.

Guest MaryFairy

Looking back on 2012, I was so glad that Gaksital was among the dramas that I've watched. It is a superhero story in an era that hasn't been explored so much in dramaland. It also made me spend some quality drama-watching time with my dad. We spend days discussing the plots and characters like a pair of girlfriends LOL

Anyway, I've written my thoughts about it over Musings of a Twinkie in their year-end review. Come take a look :)

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone,

So despite the fact that I thought I won't be able to make it, but here I am. I heard news that Se Yeon will be at the awards...so I'm thrilled...can't wait to see all the cast.

I'm at this site now and thank God the sites worked fine:
http://www.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/kbs2tv.html

mrdimples' instructions worked for me..so if you have trouble you can go to page 417 for her instructions... :)

Archived