[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Nice to know you're all doing well :)

@coolreborn OB is tempting me too, to rewatch it, I mean :P But then I want JSY and JW together ^^

@mrdimples I too am waiting for his new project, can't wait to see his romantic cute side again <3

@sunshine4ever LOL. I guess I am now the one popping in and out of that thread, I kinda gave up cuz I don't have much time. I have been not watching drama's since 2 weeks :o And that's a record for me :P

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading Dangermousie's blog during Bridal Mask airing. I love her writing and her totally awesome screencaps. She loved the show very much but got terribly upset when she saw the spoilers of the finale. She hated the fact that Mok Dan died. So her recaps stopped at ep 26. Which was a pity. 
I am surprised to see that she just put up her post on ep 26 & 27.  I agree, better late than never. Take a look :http://dangermousie.livejournal.com/2622856.html
gaksital28avi_001291958_zps492e9e18.jpg
gaksital28avi_001462762_zps2d6a4d85.jpg
It's funny maybe I am not very good at details. I cannot remember whether I noticed this before but can you see that Kang To's hands when he was lying on Mok Dan's grave are full of cuts and bloodied, including his nails? This could not be due to his fight with Shunji at the beginning of ep 27 because during his proposal to Mok Dan, his hands were fine. It is terrible, could he have bloodied his hands digging his grave? Oh my heart!!!!  It was not shown but I can just imagine as someone (probably a comrade  or two who helped him) lowered Mok Dan's body into the ground, Kang To must be crying and screaming his lungs out. And all this while, heaps of dirt were piled on the woman, the girl, the one who loves him more than life herself and the one whom he will give his life up again and again. Perhaps, just perhaps at some point in time, he clawed at the dirt, wanting to join her or clawed at the dirt wanting to "unbury" her or perhaps he was pounding his fists on the mount, frustrated at not killing Shunji, blaming himself, hating himself for not being able to protect her. But the physical pain could not take away that terrible gnawing and stabbing in his heart. 

Guest septmoon16

mrdimples said: I have been reading Dangermousie's blog during Bridal Mask airing. I love her writing and her totally awesome screencaps. She loved the show very much but got terribly upset when she saw the spoilers of the finale. She hated the fact that Mok Dan died. So her recaps stopped at ep 26. Which was a pity. 
I am surprised to see that she just put up her post on ep 26 & 27.  I agree, better late than never. Take a look :http://dangermousie.livejournal.com/2622856.html
It's funny maybe I am not very good at details. I cannot remember whether I noticed this before but can you see that Kang To's hands when he was lying on Mok Dan's grave are full of cuts and bloodied, including his nails? This could not be due to his fight with Shunji at the beginning of ep 27 because during his proposal to Mok Dan, his hands were fine. It is terrible, could he have bloodied his hands digging his grave? Oh my heart!!!!  It was not shown but I can just imagine as someone (probably a comrade  or two who helped him) lowered Mok Dan's body into the ground, Kang To must be crying and screaming his lungs out. And all this while, heaps of dirt were piled on the woman, the girl, the one who loves him more than life herself and the one whom he will give his life up again and again. Perhaps, just perhaps at some point in time, he clawed at the dirt, wanting to join her or clawed at the dirt wanting to "unbury" her or perhaps he was pounding his fists on the mount, frustrated at not killing Shunji, blaming himself, hating himself for not being able to protect her. But the physical pain could not take away that terrible gnawing and stabbing in his heart. 

Guest sunshine4ever

class="content-title"Joo Won Picks Jin Se Yeon As His Ideal Type janeyin2u         November 10, 2012

2nc4cu8.jpg

Actor Joo Won recently appeared on Story On’s “Lee Seung Yeon with 100 Women” show and when asked which actress he would like to be romantically involved between Han Chae Ah and Jin Se Yeon – both who starred with him in the KBS drama “Bridal Mask,” he picked the latter, actress Jin Sae Yeon.

He jokingly stated that one of the reasons why he chose her was because at the press conference for Han Chae Ah’s drama “Oohlala Couple,” fellow actor Shin Hyun Joon made a surprise event for her. “When I think about that, my heart goes right to Jin Se Yeon.”

On the show, Joo Won also revealed the behind stories at the time when he was performing in various musicals and also talked about his first kiss. He reenacted a scene from the musical “Jekyll and Hyde” as well which touched many of the female spectators of the show.

English translation's source: http://www.soompi.com/2012/11/10/joo-won-picks-jin-se-yeon-as-his-ideal-type/

------------------------------------------

Sunshine's note:  Second picture on the 1st news from Enews credits to m2l7tw

Joo Won Talks Ideal Ladies on First Solo Talk Show Appearance

2012-11-10 10:52  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mi

Translation Credit: Grace Danbi Hong  

Appearing on his first exclusive talk show on November 10, Joo Won will be showing his hidden charms and performing songs on StoryOn’s Lee Seung Yeon with 100 Women.

After rising to stardom with his superb acting in Baker King, Kim Tak Goo and Bridal Mask, Joo Won revealed that Baker King, Kim Tak Goo is “a project that made me feel a lot of things.”

121wgph.jpg

When the drama hit over 50 percent in ratings, Joo Won said, “Because it was my first television program, I had no understanding of the ratings, but after the drama was over, nine out of ten people recognized me.”

“But after exactly a month, I became a normal persona again. That’s when I realized that I shouldn’t get used to popularity,” said the actor.

Meanwhile, Shin Hyun Joon asked Joo Won who he would date between his two Bridal Mask female leads, Jin Se Yeon and Han Chae Ah.

Without even a second’s hesitation, Joo Won chose Jin Se Yeon, surprising everyone in the studio.

rbm9sl.jpg

“I saw the surprise event that Shin Hyun Joon did to Han Chae Ah at the Ohlala Couple press conference,” said Joo Won. “After remembering that, I think my heart’s pointing towards Jin Se Yeon.”

Shin Hyun Joon had pretended to kiss Han Chae Ah at the press conference. The two are currently acting together in Ohlala Couple as secret lovers.

In addition, Joo Won also shared about his days working in musicals, which he believes made him the way he is today, as well as his first kiss and other stories. He later performed a song from the musical Jekyll and Hyde.

Photo Credit: StoryOn / Photo Credit: Kim Byung Kwan, Hea Jung Min

English translation's source:  http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=20542&idxType=KDramaMovie
------------------------------------------------------------------

class="entry-title"Joo Won picks Jin Se Yeon over Han Chae Ah as his ideal type by jennywill - 1 hour ago

qqxpft.jpg

Joo Won confessed that he would pick actress Jin Se Yeon as someone more close to his ideal type.

At a filming of ‘Lee Seung Yeon and 100 Women‘, Joo Won was asked which actress he would date out of his ‘Bridal Mask‘ co-stars Jin Se Yeon and Han Chae Ah.

Joo Won chose Jin Se Yeon with no hesitation, saying, “I saw the surprise event that Shin Hyun Joon prepared for Han Chae Ah during the ‘Oohlala Couple‘ press conference. Thinking about that, my heart went immediately to Jin Se Yeon.

The event the actor was referring to took place in September when Shin Hyun Joon suddenly pulled in Han Chae Ah making it as if they had unexpectedly kissed during the press conference for ‘Oohlala Couple’.

This episode with Joo Won will broadcast on November 10th.

Source: Star News via Nate

English translation's source:  http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/joo-won-picks-jin-se-yeon-over-han-chae-ah-as-his-ideal-type

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone! So a lot of us had been waiting for a long time for Bridal Mask cast to show up in some interviews or in variety shows and it actually came true! Yay! Joo Won appeared on Win Win and he invited Park Ki Woong. Here are some pictures of them together. Also Jin Se Yeon appeared in Running Man (it's also a variety show). If you would like to see her or Joo Won & Park Ki Woong, you can check out the variety show threads for Win Win & Running Man at Variety Shows' forum. Joo Won appeared on episode 137 of Win Win and Se Yeon on episode 119 of Running Man.

Dear mods, so sorry to blast this thread with pics that are not related to Bridal Mask. If there is a problem, please pm me and I'll take off the pics. Thanks. <3

Can you imagine these two as enemies on screen, but now are like brothers off screen?

To read more about the Win Win interview, go here to Softy's place: http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/win-win-joowon/ If you check out Softy's website, you'll see some cute captures of Joo Won in his Bridal Mask days. He's so goofy. I didn't get a chance to watch the show so I don't know what it's all about, but Joo Won has 1 hour to talk or so about his life.

2jb8fnk.jpg
155iayo.jpg
2emq0wj.jpg
2jfg4xt.jpg
143ncjt.jpg
14wddll.jpg
2zt94t2.jpg
15heufl.jpg
317jqf8.jpg
67v9c8.jpg

Guest septmoon16

Seeing Park Ki Woong as Joo Won's mystery guest on Win Win has me missing them so much!

I found myself fascinated by all facets of their friendship - the bromance, the betrayals, the one-up-manship, the mind games. Each interaction just has you on the edge of your seat. While Kang To wore the gaksital mask, i always felt Shunji has one on too. One that he cannot take off at will like Kang To, because its been engraved on his soul.

bridalmaskfa16.jpg

bridalmaskfa10.jpg

bridalmaskfa15.jpg

bridalmaskfa5.jpg

bridalmaskfa11.jpg

Guest sunshine4ever

-edited 11/15/2012 ---- so sorry Win Win video is no longer available -

Here is a fanart of Bridal Mask, credit as written on fanart. I found this at DC.
11snwup.png

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi all,

Here are some pics of Joo Won & Se Yeon at Bridal Mask's Ending Party and BTS Ending.

Please click on spoiler tag to view all of pics,

34o8oes.jpg
2hx381e.jpg
294pflv.jpg

11w67x4.jpg
30w86s3.jpg
23urmvc.jpg
2yn2o21.jpg
250mgrr.jpg
1pjakx.jpg
2hx381e.jpg
2qx5ht0.jpg
28t25y.jpg
rwmpht.jpg
28t25y.jpg

credits to http://blog.naver.com/chanju1990 (thanks to stearly for the link to the blog)

Archived