[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaksital parody

kt1.jpg

Life is really tough at the police station.

kt2.jpg

In order to catch these Koreans I often have to grit my teeth and shoot at them. Luckily I use Colgate's anti- cavity and enamel repair toothpaste. Not only does it effectively prevent cavities, it is also able to repair the damage done to my teeth due to my excessive gritting of teeth and so my teeth get strengthened all round. 

kt3.jpg

Occasionally, I have to scream myself hoarse. That's why I always carry a box of lozenges with me all the time. I heard that too much of it is not good for the body, but you think I have it easy?!!?

kt4.jpg

Not only do I have to scream myself hoarse, I also have to frequently act evil and stare my eyes out at the Koreans to scare them! No one knows how many bottles of eye drops I've finished using because of this! No one knows that deep down inside, I really don't want to act evil like that and the struggles that I face. 

kt5.jpg

Everyday, I have to sit up straight and ride on a pretty horse to patrol. On the surface, I look really powerful and cool. 

kt6.jpg

But in fact, it's nothing like that. See, in front of my superiors I have to be humble and submissive to the point of near grovelling. And this superior is someone high up and influential in the government circle. See that pimple on my chin? This is all because of my frustration from having to throw away my pride and act humble like a dog! Unfortunately, I don't know which anti pimple product is the best. Having to throw away my pride like that, even  if I know which anti pimple product is the best, it's only curing the symptom and not the cause!

kt7.jpg'

The most unfortunate thing is, I had to run into the girl of my dreams on that day. I used what I thought was my killer smile and said to her "May I know what your name is and how old you are?"

kt8.jpg

But that girl looked at me with fear-filled eyes. Her eyes were also full of disgust and I know she was thinking "I'll never tell you even if I have to die!" You all can't see her expression when she said this, it was really hurtful. But I thought to myself, decent ladies are not so easily conquered. So, I held myself back and continued to ask "Why? do you not think that oppa is very handsome?" I admit that this line of questioning really isn't of too good a standard but I was panicking at that time! Never had there been any woman who rejected me so forcefully! At the very least, I am Angel Club's top modern guy!

kt9.jpg

But her next answer shattered my heart to bits. I could no longer pretend to smile anymore. Her expression showed that she couldn't wait to spit a few mouths of saliva at her and she stared hard at me, saying "Haven't you seen your own face? Someone with pimples dares to call himself handsome?" 
You guys heard? She thinks I'm not good enough because of my pimple! This is the reason why she refuses to give me her name?? You guys see any pimple? No right? I already rested as much as I could, trying to maintain a positive mood already. My pimple has vanished a long time ago! In the end, my downfall was because of a vanished pimple...

kt10.jpg

I was so angry my legs turned to jelly and I hated myself for not being able to stand up again with a straight back. I know the real reason why she hates me. It's the same as everyone else. They all hate me for being a "traitor". So, even if my looks were enough to charm and devastate a whole nation, she won't even spare me one look would she...
Who can understand the pain that I feel? This lousy police life...

kt11.jpg

I'm really really tired...so so tired...maybe only my omoni and my hyung won't hate me like the rest of them. I really miss them so much and I really want to get off work soon. I miss my omoni's cooking...that's probably the only reason why I still have strength and motivation to carry on...for them, what does it matter even if the whole world hates me? What does it matter that even the girl I like hates me? Lee Kangto! You can do it! A few more hours and you can go off work!

kt12.jpg

Maybe the blow which that lady dealt me was a really really big one...When I reached home I ran into the embrace of my omoni who was resting. I hugged her and cried pitifully but because I didn't want my omoni to worry, I just said I was hungry, so hungry till I was about to die...of course, I was really hungry too...

kt13.jpg 

Because my heart was so painful, and I couldn't find anything to vent on, I unwittingly hugged my omoni with too much strength until she couldn't breathe so I quickly let go. 

kt14.jpg

I patted her on her back to help her catch her breath and she coughed and said: "Kangto yah, the food is all prepared. It's your favourite bibimbap. Hurry go eat."
The moment I heard bibimbap, all my energy returned and I didn't feel as sad anymore. Before I even dried my manly tears, I ran towards the dinner table. 

kt15.jpg

See, my omoni's cooking is the best! So full of love! I suddenly felt like I was alive again and no matter how tough life at the police station is I will have the strength to carry on. I can always find another girl that I like. Lee Kangto! You can do it! Fighting!
photos and Chinese translation by 麦田的那只狐狸 @ Joo Won Baidu TiebaEnglish translation by mojobobo @ soompi forums 

Thanksss! *hug* =)

My video is different from the others, because i make it without important spoiler, so all the people can see my video, if they have watched the drama, or if they don't have watched the drama. Obviously there aren't some "central" scenes, but i have used other scenes. I hope that you like it, it's a video dedicated to Kang To and Shunji.

MY VIDEO: KANG TO vs SHUNJ

The songs used are: Revolution + Dogs Of War + Spawn + Extinction

Author: Brand X Music

valinor500

said:

Thanksss! *hug* =)

My video is different from the others, because i make it without important spoiler, so all the people can see my video, if they have watched the drama, or if they don't have watched the drama. Obviously there aren't some "central" scenes, but i have used other scenes. I hope that you like it, it's a video dedicated to Kang To and Shunji.

MY VIDEO: KANG TO vs SHUNJI

http://youtu.be/ao9aKdENUVU

Guest sunshine4ever

@valinor500, Here is how you can make your link becomes video, I hope the direction makes some sense: you can edit your message and then 1. highlight your url  2.(while your url is being highlighted) click on the icon that looks like a broken paper clip to remove the hyperlink (it's 2 slot down from the picture frame on our tool bars and is to the right of the chain with + sign icon) and it'll show up as video and everyone can watch it here in this thread without having to click on it... ^^

Well, on youtube there are tons of wonderful videos dedicated to Kang To & Mok Dan, so i have decided to make mine dedicated to Kang To vs Shunji, in many ways the real heart of the story (without important spoiler, as all my videos). I'm so happy thay you like it! Gaksital forever! =)

*hugs from Italy*

Guest septmoon16

@valinor500 - thanks for the vid! how i miss these two friends.... after my kang to & mok dan tribute, i'm debating making one for shunji & kang to.

(ah my bridal mask ost came - YAY!!! *dance, dance*

Guest septmoon16

Bridal Mask - Celebration of Kang To & Mok Dan

Part 3

The deeper I go through these scenes again, the harder it becomes to make the caps of them. cause every scene is laced with the bittersweetness of knowing the end. Continuing the tribute.

Finally! Someone on his side! I loved Mok Dan's promise to Kang To in this scene. She finally sees his heart and the damaged soul beneath the mask, both of Officer Sato AND Gaksital. Instead of the rejection he fears, she takes his hand firmly, and swears to always be by his side. :x

bridalmaskpromise.jpg

No one does the head cradling like Kang To. Makes you feel like a definite third wheel just watching them.

bridalmaskgaksitalmustlive.jpg

Everything about this moment I love. The secrecy, the fear, the forbidden. Heartwrenching and sooooooooo beautifully shot.

bridalmaskfacegoodbyeday.jpg
Kang To and Mok Dan are what I would call a 'warm' couple. Their love is entrenched in the feeling of home, of protectiveness and of comfort. Passion and spark is great, but after battling the world - nothing beats the warmth of the hearth.

bridalmaskwheneverimalone.jpg

Guest sunshine4ever

Here is a new Bridal Mask MV "Gaksital has to Live" (Episodes 23-28) by YYPRODUCTIONS2008 (Thanks to ctfrsgp for posting this YT link this at Joo Won's thread)

I remember some of you mentioned you like watching MV with actors' voices on them, well, here is one of them also and it's beautiful in my opinion. :)

And here is episodes 1-22 also from that YYPRODUCTIONS2008

Here is short one "Brother, I'm Scared" MV with voices by goincrazy11 (Thanks to ctfrsgp for posting this YT link this at Joo Won's thread)

@valinor500, just wanted to say I finally watched your music video. It's so awesome. Love all the fight scenes between KT & SJ especially the last one in front of SJ's court yard. It's a reminder of the first time they fought in episode 1 in front of SJ's court yard, too. Surprisingly I wasn't crying so thank you for that because it didn't have the last scene of SJ giving up fighting and KT crying over SJ. I like the music and how it changed from one scene to another.

@septmoon16, thanks so much for the screen captures of Kangto and Mokdan. I like the last post you made very much with KT & MD having each other in their hearts. :)

Guest septmoon16

@sunshine4ever ~ thanks :) i wish i could've been here for all the amazing discussions. just sharing a piece of my passion and sincere appreciation for a special couple that got me right in the heart.

Bridal Mask - Celebration of Kang To & Mok Dan

Part 4 (heh, i don't know how many there will be guys, please bear with me :P)

these two are truly each other's pillars. the world around them may be in chaos, yet with a look, a gesture, a stolen moment - they manage to communicate all their love and dreams for a better tomorrow.

bridalmaskeveningshadows.jpg

how great is it when the hero realizes and acknowledge that his strength comes from the woman by his side?
seeing this scene, makes me realize how far they've come and grown to trust one another. the way kang to instinctively turned to shield mok dan from news of damsari's death, literally acting as buffer between her and death... iits such a small moment, but incredibly poignant. 

bridalmaskbestrong.jpg
seeing this hurts. just thinking that in the future after a hard battle, there will be no one there waiting anxiously for his return, no one there to tend to his wounds, no one to confide in. because no matter how strong kang to is as a hero, he really needs mok dan's warmth to keep him grounded. :(

bridalmasklettheskyfall.jpg

Archived