[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest Starlitelet

@mojobobo: Haha - I still haven't checked out the eighth episode yet because I'm waiting for it to appear on viki. It'll most likely appear around 3 hours or so. The pain!
I don't think Kang To has fully grown into a hero yet. He's still finding out where he belongs. 
Don't worry, there will be a time where Kang To will officially reunite with his Boon Yi. I can't wait for it! Keep in mind that only 8 episodes are out so far. The writer still has room to torture us - haha.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jessi15

I didn't expect love lines between KT-MD in this week episodes or the next but it seems that they are not in many scenes together either... :sigh It's so disappointing gggrrr...

Did I see the translation for episode 9 preview right? To be honest I'm a bit annoyed that Mok Dan character thinks the (Gaksital) world revolves around her. Writer better buck up on developing her character (rather than Gaksital I'm here / spewing self righteous words to Shunji/Kangto) otherwise I'm rowing myself away from any Mok Dan ships. 

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the Mokdan and Kangto love line?

I mean if it's there great... but I don't see how that is the main storyline to this show.
Revenge, politics, occupation, justice is what I would think of before love line for this drama.
I just hope that they don't thrust the mokdan and kangto story line. If they are going to make a love line story plot I hope it progresses steadily.

@idless im with you on that one...so far mokdan seems like the weakest character although in the first couple of episodes there was some interesting traits about her but that all vanished when she just began revolving about Gaksital like a broken record, even H seems like a more interesting character at this point...plus she stole a kiss from Kangto already! ;)
Mokdan better step up her game pretty pretty soon!!!! [-O<

Sigh...somehow I've dreaded seeing Shunji become a policeman. He's actually much more frightening than Kang To, because he can become quite vicious. Kang To has been drawn to the dark side for quite a while, so he's more immune to this "big bad world". But if we think about Shunji, he's always been the good guy, never really seeing the other side of the story. He's been a pure guy, happily teaching kids in school, but after his hyong's death he will change. It's easier to corrupt Shunji and today's episode showed that he can go out of control pretty easily and become really scary (when he became angry at that little boy). Though I'm still hoping that Shunji can stay sane and not do anything stupid.

About Mok Dan... I am a bit frustrated with her behavior. I think it was uncalled for to say such cold words to Shunji, when all he was trying to do is protect her. When the drama just started, I thought that Mok Dan's  gonna be a coolheaded and strong girl, but somehow this strength of hers decided to take a break and went for a walk or something,  'cause it's fading, or at least I don't see it as clearly as before. It's irritating, that two episodes in a row we are seeing her going into the woods and looking at her knife as if it will magically talk to her or something. I'm all the way MD-KT shipper but at the moment Ueno Rie (Hong Joo) is more appealing as a character. Hope writer-nim and PD-nim will do something interesting with Mok Dan later.

Oh, by the way, I just love the new epic track, especially in the beginning of the episode. Joo Won is as always looking good. Love him <3

@Starlitelet heh I think the writer is torturing the characters too!!

I don't know if it's only me but today's episode made Shunji look like some lovelorn puppy caving in to his father just for Mok Dan. I mean sure, finding Gaksital is part of it but it was made to seem like the motivating force for him to join the police was to protect one girl. The more complex layers of his personality were not brought forward. If his father had egged him on further using the "Gaksital killed your brother - you are all I have" card, that would have been more acceptable. It was totally uncalled for when he hit the kid and it was such a deviation from his usual gentle demeanor. Is the writer hinting at how vicious he can get? Even hitting young kids he loves?

I felt Jin Se Yeon's Acting wasn't strong today, except the part where she was shooting daggers with her eyes at Kangto hahah! I can understand why she said those words to Shunji. She doesn't enjoy the special privileges he does because of his status.

I think so far, the focus has been on Kangto so there aren't too many occasions where Mok Dan can grow. She's still pretty much an idealistic little girl whose world is filled with just fighting the enemy or die. Hopefully, she will start to grow...perhaps when she finds out Kangto is Gaksital? But in the meantime, yeah she should use more of her brains

Kangto always says bro was the brains and he's the brawn but hey, Kangto's pretty smart! This will make for a good conflict between him and Rie keke.

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys/girls, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers. I will be back for episode 8 until Viki has English subs. :D

In the mean time, for those who can understand Vietnamese...here is the official MV English Vietnamese subbed. Oh, to be able to understand the song caused me to almost cry. The lyrics are so sad, yet so beautiful and tender that they touch me so deeply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hloKgKbx5Ag

If you want to watch this in good quality, select 1080p version.

You can also download it using this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zezhr0k1fu5lrez
or
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iintp5

Credit: http://kites.vn

Guest Starlitelet

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the Mokdan and Kangto love line?

I mean if it's there great... but I don't see how that is the main storyline to this show.

Revenge, politics, occupation, justice is what I would think of before love line for this drama.

I just hope that they don't thrust the mokdan and kangto story line. If they are going to make a love line story plot I hope it progresses steadily.

Guest crazy lulu

i knew kangto wouldn't be our hero quite yet.

if anything, it's shunji's transformation that's hard to believe.

Wow it has been a long time since I last dropped by...

What do I have to say? Not much actually...the male leads are doing a perfectly job but the females have dropped their gem...I just cringe at Rie scenes cuz that woman has a very annoying way to express herself. I dont like it when those females do everything slow as in order to portray their 'elegance'. I wished there could be someone who doesnt take that way. I mean no offending here, I like the actress, and she is gorgeous but her relationship seems forced and well her expressions are all the same and her way of talking..Like the whole world revolves around her.

As for Mokdan, she was so different in the beginning! I think everybody put those thoughts into her brain that the Gaksital comes to save her, and hence she is kinda obsessed with him. Also, I dont think she could have done much, cuz we are supposed to know she has been shot recently and now she doesnt have that much strength. Also, her expressions are also the same, kinda mighty and not thankfull at all. And ok, we all now she hates Kangto.

I guess the only way she will open her eyes again and will see the world different, is when she will know that Kangto is Gaksital. I am so impatient for this scene to come, or a romance scene between Kangto and Mokdan.

Guest jordi

FULL RATINGS
8th episode
AGBNationwide: 15,5% (+/-0,0%) - 1st in this ranking in slot 21:55-23:10Seoul: 16,3% (-0,2%) - 1st
TNSNationwide: 15,4% (+0,1%) - 1stSeoul: 15,0% (-0,5%) - 2nd place

SBS Ghost - AGB: 11,2% / 12,6% ; TNS: 14,1% / 17,0%MBC I Do, I Do - AGB: 8,9% / 10,6% ; TNS: 8,6% / 10,2%

Archived