Can You Tolerate Spicy Food?

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

Guest hamcham

Yes! But not as much as my Indian friends, ahaha XD I have no idea how they can do it :xMy boyfriend was so surprised... I think he expected me to have a low tolerance because I'm North American :P

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yeoj1430291686

I have a very adventurous palate  :D and I'm open to different kinds of foods. I so love the play of flavors that these different ingredients have in my mouth, LoL :D With regards to my tolerance towards spicy foods...well, I think i can handle those that are moderately hot, hahaha. But mind you, these peppers and capsicum contains a lot of ascorbic acid beneath their "smokin' hot" personas, LoL  :D

I am not that good with spicy food. I can eat kimchi and gumbo with no problem and those have kick to them.
I am just now able to eat jalapenos, but can't eat too many of them.

Guest iheartrice

I love spicy foods! Once when I was in Thailand I ordered Green Curry, it was FIRE hot, I just kept getting glasses of water. I didn't stop eating it though! It was delicious!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heheomg

sadly i cannot. which is unfair because there are sooo many spicy dishes at restaurants that i can't order. i can only eat like 10 pieces of flaming hot cheetos before i have to down a glass of water lol

Guest greeent

i looooooooooooooove spicy food. i find chili sauce is not as spicy as eating chili paste / raw chili haha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moo_lah

Nope, nope and nope again. I just can't handle it for some reason. I can't even eat mi goreng with chilli sauce. My mum loves it though. I bet if she could she would put chilli on her ice cream.

It's a pity though, I actually really like chilli squid tentacles but I need to skull down a glass of milk every single time and it upsets my stomach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ThatGirlJae

I can't stand food without spice in it. I like it to the point when I can still taste the food while having that burning sensation.

Guest fastpurplemedia

yaaa I like spicy foods but not every time. It all depend upon mood for spicy food. India is a country where maximum dishes are spicy.

• 3 weeks later...

spicey food is unhealthy, when you feel the heat, I think it's actually damaging your internal organs, all those spices and toxins must be absorbed and processed through your stomach & kidneys

seems like many years of eating stuff like that would damage your system, mild food not overly seasoned are better for you

I heard eating too many rich foods also causes diabetes & kidney failure , it's not natural for the human body to eat such high amounts of spices, it's almost like your poisening your body with all that extra seasoning

Fresh food doesnt need to be masked with heavy seasoning, people in hot climates originally did it to help preserve food in hot climates and mask the flavor of old meat before the advent of refrigeration

• 2 weeks later...

Archived