Can You Tolerate Spicy Food?

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I used to eat so many different spicy foods when I was little. I come from an East Indian family so of course we have to have traditional food spicy. But nowadays I just can't take it anymore that I have to have a glass of milk with me every time. All i can feel is my whole face burning up. Then after eating I have to keep drinking milk till my stomach cools down :sweatingbullets: Whenever I have butter chicken with rice for example, I have to add a little butter milk because it's too much to handle.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HERMIT

Yeah, I think I tolerate spicy food a little bit better than the average person.  I simply like having the hot stuff.  Chili peppers in pho.  The skinny red peppers in Kung Pao chicken.  Pepperoncinis with Greek food.  Jalapenos in Mexican food.  I like eating my Thai food a little bit spicier than average.  And wherever possible I like to use condiments like hot sauce, hot mustard, horseradish, wasabi, tabasco, or Sriracha sauce to accompany my food as applicable.  But I don't necessarily like it THAT blazing hot.  Sometimes it gets to a point where the heat index is so much that you don't really taste and enjoy the food - ie. "911" style hot chicken wings.  I like to have things with a bit of a bite but not to the point that it burns my tongue or scalds the roof of my mouth and lips.

Guest duh123

i love spicy foods. but i hate the ones that are just painful instead of flavorful. i love trying to taste layers and layers of flavor in a dish. but when i eat out, the spicy foods are usually just intolerably spicy with absolutely no flavor. i hate those types of spicy.

i'm not the more tolerant for spiciness. i have managed to build up my tolerance though.

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

I noticed people that are use to eating extra hot & spicy foods always say normal foods have no flavor? it seems like they have lost some sensitivity to their taste buds and cant taste food unless it's heavy in spices or hot peppers 

I <3 spicy foods, can't eat without a chilli sauce/ a relatively spicy dish.

there is a flavor, it's just not complete without the spicy taste.

it's like something is missing you know?

I love spicy food. I use to put chill oil or hot sauce in everything, but now i kind of stop doing that.

But when I do eat spicy food i would just pour more hot sauce on top of it soo good~

@duh123

I heard that too, but it doesn't seem to stand true for me or not yet

I noticed people that are use to eating extra hot & spicy foods always say normal foods have no flavor? it seems like they have lost some sensitivity to their taste buds and cant taste food unless it's heavy in spices or hot peppers

Yeah that kinda how its like for me. Unfortunately food without spice just isn't good to me anymore >< thats why I worry when I cook for people :o when I cook for them I'm not sure if the food is already "good" or it's just me. I try not to put spice in it but without the spice I just don't think it tastes good, but with a normal person they're fine with it so I'm never sure..D:...

but anyways, I love love spicy food! haha. I have a lot of friends who say they love spicy food and I get excited cause I'm able to share dishes with them but as soon as they eat it, they can't handle it. Everyone tells me my kind of spicy is a whole other level :sweatingbullets:

Even Habanero peppers don't phase me.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I have super low tolerence but I love to eat it all the same. I always have to bring milk with me whenever I go to korean restaurants. gochujang for my beloved dol sot bibimbap and tofu hot pots are generally too spicy for me but it's too yummy for me to care

Guest miss.j

Yess  :)  I can tolerate as much as my northern Indian friends.. their food is spicy but definitely not as spicy as southern asian... mm... I love indian food!

Guest Christinaisweird

Yeah! The spicier the better. Most cuisines are mild anyway. Thai, Indian, Korean... They're not that spicy. I find Hunan cuisine spicy and I love Sichuan food.

^ omgg, Sichuanese food are spicy.

I cannot tolerate spicy, and I mean any level. Cannot eat the siracha hot sauce or even jalapenos. :'(

Guest bunnymacaron

Growing up not eating spice often, I never became good at having spicey food :(

Sucks when I go out to have korean or thai! Always left out haha~

nope. but i still eat it anyway. i enjoy the pain and the aftermath.

No wonder you enjoyed "Blair's 16 Million Reserve" although you had to throw the whole pot out...

We can create the spiciest dish but which country would that be associated with? (since people like to associate spiciness with country)

Maybe the spiciness from hell since people could pretty much die or end up in coma... I haven't found any youtube video of someone eating a food that contains a large portion of "Blair's 16 Million Reserve" in there... Damn... I'm still waiting to see someone doing that and be like "Nahh that was nothing".

the pot of soup was on an entirely different level. it was just unedible. you have to try it yourself to understand. but 700 bucks is an expensive way to commit suicide.

these guys are probably the closest to surviving the 16 million nirvana.

Guest jepah

challenge me please~hehhwink.gif~lols..im a Malaysian Javanese..yup i definitely can't tolerate living without spicy food even for a days..sweating and having a runny nose after enjoying a meal is so called my 'Pure Satisfaction of Eating'..hahahahahacool.gif

Guest JiN.x

No.. :tears: I can't! I think it's because I was traumatized when I was younger. <_<

But I'll have something spicy once every.. year, lol.

Guest luv_panda

I used to not tolerate anything spicy, even pepper got me bad. But after travelling through Asia and with friends who love spicy food I've grown to like it.

Because I grew up not eating anything spicy it was hard a first.

I started easy, sweet chilli sauce, even that got me, but I got used to it.

Korean food I love and still find spicy, but its a good spicy I can tolerate, One time my friend order a 3 level spicy dish and my tongue was totally on fire...I think she made me immune very immune.

Archived