Can You Tolerate Spicy Food?

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

I definitely can, my whole family can. For something mild, my friend thinks its freaken hot already but for me, it didnt taste spicy at all. I love all my stuff spicy :) and when i eat noodles, i put chili sauce into it xD

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to eat spicy food, but I eventually started developing an allergic reaction every time I ate spicy stuff.

NOW I can eat spicy food again, but it depends on what type of sauce is used. It took me awhile to start eating spicy food, but after years of training with Korean food, I can tolerate most Korean food. I usually add a lot more spices to it despite being served a dish that already has spices in it. Not so much with spicy from other cultures though.

I will NEVER eat a hot pepper again though! I am not sure what I kind of pepper I ate, but I accidentally ate one just awhile ago. It was HORRIBLE! From my jaw to my ear, it went completely numb and my ears rang for 10 minutes straight.

Guest moodycaddy

i LOVE spicy food but I can't tolerate it much either.

however, i do believe that tolerance can be increased with increased consumption of spicy food!

the only thing i DON'T like about eating spicy food is the amount of sweat that forms.

haha. that's why i only like to eat my SHIN RAMYUN at home : P

Guest MKHnic

I never used to be able to, but I can handle it these days. Some social situations where I had to eat spicy food forced me to get used to it. I like some food spicy- but not too spicy but I can eat it if I have to.

Guest kyosai

I can't tolerate it well but it helps if you keep eating it to build up your tolerance and yeah I always eat spicy things..cause it always taste better when its spicier!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest arres

never ever...i prefer to die because of hunger rather than having a spicy food....specialy a spicy food with red pepper....black pepper is tolerable more...

Guest azn_roger

I used to eat so many different spicy foods when I was little. I come from an East Indian family so of course we have to have traditional food spicy. But nowadays I just can't take it anymore that I have to have a glass of milk with me every time. All i can feel is my whole face burning up. Then after eating I have to keep drinking milk till my stomach cools down :sweatingbullets: Whenever I have butter chicken with rice for example, I have to add a little butter milk because it's too much to handle.

Guest misssleepyhead

i really love spicy foods! :D yay! it's one of my appetizers, actually.. haha.. how i wish there's a spicy chocolate and milk too.. hahaha.. jk

At first, I always dieeeeeeed eating foods that aren't even considered spicy... just mild XD.  But as i started to eat more korean food, like ramyun, i LOVE spicy food.  I think i can tolerate relatively spicy food now :o  I guess i killed my taste buds XD  I don't react badly to spicy foods now hehehe

Guest goofysgirl

Honestly, it depends on what I'm eating. I hate things like Sriracha and Tabasco and all that, but I loooove kimchi. I could sit and eat kimchi for days. And not even... faintly spicy kimchi. I mean, homemade, ridiculously tasty (and spicy) kimchi. I also love satay pho and stuff. In general, however, I can't eat spicy things. 

Guest Hannah Banana1430291685

I looooooveee spicy food! Although not the mouth numbing kind of spicy... I had three of Wingstop's atomic wings once and I almost teared. =X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supertammie

I'm addicted to spicy foods, but I have had to cut back because I get really bad heartburn.

These are some of the things I used to do:
-order everything extra spicy and still have to ask for more sriracha
-dip seafood in sriracha instead of tartar sauce
-instead of eating tortilla chips, nacho cheese, and jalapenos at the movie theater, i would eat jalapenos and cheese as a snack
-eat pho with a spoonful of sriracha, a spoonful of chilli oil (sate), and several fresh jalapeno (not preserved) slices simmering in the broth
-eat white rice with soy sauce and sriracha

I've probably corroded my entire insides from years of bad eating . . .

Guest bubble x tea

I love spicy food. They are just so so good. asldghlsgh I hate the American definition of spicy though because that is not even consider spicy to me. 

Archived