Can You Tolerate Spicy Food?

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

Guest potatoandchips

Unfortunately, I can't. I don't know why though. I'm from the Philippines (a Bicolano: Bicolanoes LOVE spicy food) and we've got Chinese blood in our blood (which are quite good at eating spicy foods, too). My family LOVES eating spicy stuffs and I'm the only one who can't stand even a small bite. It's awkward .____.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was small I couldn't tolerate spicy foods now that I'm older I still can't tolerate spicy foods. I really don't like anything having to do with chili of any kind but I'm gradually eating salsa that isn't spicy but spicy foods no way my 5 yr old cousin eats more spicy food than I do and I'm around 10 yrs older. Lol

the pot of soup was on an entirely different level. it was just unedible. you have to try it yourself to understand. but 700 bucks is an expensive way to commit suicide.

these guys are probably the closest to surviving the 16 million nirvana.

I don't really need to try such thing... :P It's like trying to kill myself, I know it...

700 bucks would be cheap to send so many people to death though... but you'd be arrested for that... haha!

Oh yeah "The Source" with 7.1 million Scovilles... I've seen many videos of people trying that. Just dipping the toothpick and taste it, there were people throwing up and they even lost their sense of taste. So powerful... But it's still less than the half of 16 million... excl.gif

Does anyone on Soompi wanna take that challenge? No need to take on the 16 million... Just pour the whole bottle of "The Source" in the meal...

Guest amerestranger

When I was younger I absolutely detested any spicy foods, but as I grew older, I started trying mild/spicy foods and I grew to like spicy foods and I grew accustomed to the level of spiciness I can handle too.

Speaking of spicy foods, I'm craving for some Korean foods that are spicy. Ugh yum.

Guest happybubble

I can tolerate it since it actually makes the food taste better. But I just can't take too much spiciness and hotness 

Guest ladiixnii

When I was younger I couldn't tolerate spicy foods because of their smell but now that I'm a bit older, I've learned to love it so now yes I can. :D I especially love Kimchi and the sauce for Shabu Shabu. I ate chili straight one time, THAT I couldn't tolerate so much. :D  I wanna try different kinds of spicy foods. Oh I'm hungry now. lol

Guest dokidork

I love spicy food of course you'll expect that from a Korean

haha.... but there's one thing I CANNOT eat! it's chili~

as in the whole chili ! it's too spicy for me and I feel like my lips are on blazing hot fire!!!

my brother absolutely loves his food spicy! one time he ate a taco which was sooooo spicy already BUT he put on chili sauce and a LOT of it!!!

Guest EHNerJI

I think I can tolerate spicy food quite well.

Then again, I don't exactly go out of my way in order to eat spicy foods.

But often people will find something very spicy when I have no reaction at all...

Somehow it's just not spicy to me.

Guest monicarr

I love chili and spicy food. I will add chili slices/sauce/oil to everything I eat. Everything needs more chili. 

Ohmygosh don't get my started on spicy food. I freakin love spicy food. It's a huge deal here since i live near Hatch. Gotta have Sriracha, Sweet Chili sauce, Valentina Sauce, Green/red chile. Gaaaah my mouth is watering.

Guest xtwinni

I can't live without spicy food! Especially the foods found in Sichuan.... I find that if certain foods aren't spicy enough, they taste quite bland to me. SO delicious.

Guest wakii

i'm thai, so that should explain a lot already. i used to eat those tiny chilis and fish sauce with everything that had rice. frickin' love spicy food.

Guest shufflepuck

I can train my taste buds to handle it.

But... I get hiccups when I eat super spicy food T_T

It was so embarrassing when I was volunteering in Sri Lanka.

Eventhough I could eat the food at the little roadside cafe's, I was always having hiccups lol.

Archived