Can You Tolerate Spicy Food?

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

There are super spicy stuff I can handle... I'm used to being tortured. My stomach can handle them well too.

BUT there are some super soft spices that taste great (not even that spicy) yet my stomach will make me have diarrhea for the next days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adelinedragon

I can eat nasi lemak, curry puffs, and Chinese style spices. Still need something cold when I eat Indian curries, or my mouth will burn the whole day.

I heard the reason East Indian foods & other South asian cuisines are so spicey or hot is because in the old days they did it to make old or unfresh foods taste better, especially since they are in a hot  tropical environment and food spoils very quickly without refrigeration

they also believe the herbs & spices are healthy

I think that spice gives the food an extra exciting taste. I don't know most of my friends have very low tolerance for spicy food, but I love it :)

I like spicy food.Like the kimchee-flavored bowl-noodles.SO GOOD.But I have to have a glass of water right next to me when I eat it. XD
I've watched some Asian channels where they have really spicy Chinese restaurants and people are SWEATING so bad from the heat that they have to bring TOWELS with them to the restaurant.Whole time, people are wiping their face and back more than actually eating the food.That's how spicy the food is. (One of the bowls was bloody red and steaming so much that the entire area turned from 70 degrees to 85 degrees...yeah, freaky.)I'll never eat anything that spicy, though. I'll probably get sick and feel disgusted w/ myself...LOL.

Guest taengled

I don't really like spicy foods...I think it's burning my mouth and I should have a milk to neutralize my tongue. I guess. Or warm water. 
But sometimes spicy foods can be yummy too, if they aren't overly spicy. 

Guest c.odette

Not at all! I start sweating like mad and my nose starts running. I can go through a whole box of tissues if i eat Szechuan, just by blowing my nose!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived