Can You Tolerate Spicy Food?

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest misskika

My stomach can, but it took my mouth several years to build up a tolerance for it!  Only in the last 2 years can I eat "Spicy" food without having to spit it out from the pain T_T

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wingedbunny

I can handle spicy foods pretty well. It is really no problem to eat it for me. I would like a large glass of water with it though! I don't like the burning that remains in your mouth when you are done eating. People say that you shouldn't drink water to decrease the spicy taste in your mouth but i never had any issues with it :)

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Absolutely not! I have the lowest tolerance for spicy food. I can't take anything spicy or even remotely hot like buffalo wings. My taste buds are just not wired for it. The only time I'll ever eat spicy/hot food is when I'm legitimately and desperately hungry ...

Guest yumesora

No way T_T I can't eat anything slightly spicy or else I get super sick.  I grew up in Japan, and most of the things my mother made was very spicy.  Who am I kidding...EVERYTHING she made was spicy.  Fish with spicy flavoring, steamed veggies with chili even the rice had chili flakes on them T_T I got so sick, that when she wasn't some I'd take some money, go to the corner shop and by my own food.  I still do  ;)

i can eat asian spicy food, even the super spicy sichuan food that natives make.
however i cannot handle large amounts of hot cheetos. my gf can eat a whole bag of hot cheetos.... but can't even handle like 2 pieces of the spicy sichuan food or spicy korean food that i am used too.
do you guys think there are different kinds of spicy? and you can get used to certain kinds without necessarily being used to another kind?

Guest avashuck

I think my spice level is good I can handel spicy food I mean I ue to even put chili sauce or gojujang on to my buttered toast and even when I cook  my mum is actually teling me to stop eating so mny spicy foods but now I still love spicy food since eting korean food  but don't have it every day

Guest Peaches1430291873

lol no, not at all. I don't really like spicy food or hot dinners all that much. It depends, but i do like simple clean tastes, and i like being able to taste the ingredients of my food. As well as the garnishing's like sauces and such. wasabi though is always an exception to everything..

Guest fandomhigh

Ohhh man thinking about spicy food right now makes me salivate! I love spicy food. I can take it pretty well or so I think!

Guest hb_jackpot

I eat peppers by itself like chips so yes, I love spicy food, love it more when it makes me leak from my eyes and nose and mouth.

Then regret it while I'm in the bathroom, promising my richard simmons I would never do it again then do it all again anyways.

So my mouth and stomach loves it but my butthole hates it. TMI? sorries

• 4 weeks later...

I can tolerate regular spicy such as those like kim chee fried rice, kim chee, etc. I don't think I would want to try anything Thai or Indian spicy. However, I find that after eating spicy food, my stomach feels a little like it's burning inside and it churns and it doesn't take it too well. It's hard to explain. I'm curious if that doesn't happen for those who eats spicy on a regular basis?

it really depends what kind of spicey foods?

I cant eat spicey Indian foods, they use a little too much spices, herbs in everything, it's a little too weird tasting

but Thai & Korean foods are OK because the type of seasoning is different and goes with plain white rice better and is more balanced out, I dont want everything to be spicey

Archived