I think "on that day" is about 
CY going out to meet with the teachers after he promised them that he'll protect them as they plan to make a new seal for the king, sadly though, at the same time, things that ES wrote to herself, the vase breaking, the flowers, etc, were happening. And according to the diary, this means "THE DAY" when she has to stop him because whatever it is "he" is doing, is a trap.

Guest Tinkiebell

jaejoongstolemyheart said: @jaejoongstolemyheart, sorry for cutting your post, but this part really made my day. First of all, now we know that ES has always been aware of her feelings towards CY, but she had never allowed herself to admit it until it had become too much for her to handle. Second of all, I'm happy because the last part is the big revelation. It indicates that ES is destined to stay there in Goryeo, to save CY. They're each other's fate and their fate has brought her to another time period where she's needed the most, where she's meant to be, where she belongs...   Thank you for the translation of the dialog :)

This episode was amazing!  I need recaps to get all the dialogue but this episode is about ES and her feelings coming into fruition.  Because we saw so much of CY yesterday and today releasing his feelings for ES, I kind of wish they bookended this week's episodes with ES doing the same but I'll take this.  She's come upon a revelation and that will lead her to be more honest about her feelings.  According to the awesome ladies here, she admits to JB that CY is one of the few men she has let into her heart but she apparently hasn't let herself be fully immersed in that feeling.  She's been struggling to keep it and him at arm's length.  I guess next week that struggle is over, huh?  Since, according to future ES - which, by the way, how cool is that? - she has to hold onto that person.  Future ES...  I fanwank her as a product of the paradox ES has become since she set foot in Goryeo.  I mean, technically she hasn't been born yet and still she exists.  I'm guessing that makes time not linear but sort of twisty and bendy for things to exist prior to existence.  If that's the case, since ES technically exists outside herself a near death experience is probably like touching all sides of herself at once, you know?  Maybe I'm not clear but that's how I see it.  Love this show so much, flaws and all. 

Oh, I didn't get as much satisfaction out of Jo Il Shin's death as I would like since it was that fakata man that killed him, not CY or GM.  I did get lots and lots of satisfaction watching CY make mince meat of DH's guards, throwing DH around, choking him a bit and feeding him poison.  I liked that a lot.  :)

flo_oni said: I think "on that day" is about 
CY going out to meet with the teachers after he promised them that he'll protect them as they plan to make a new seal for the king, sadly though, at the same time, things that ES wrote to herself, the vase breaking, the flowers, etc, were happening. And according to the diary, this means "THE DAY" when she has to stop him because whatever it is "he" is doing, is a trap.

Guest harushima

I don't think they will pull a Dr. Jin trick here. OH PLEASE. HELL NO.

It's Eun Soo's writing so I assume that it was written by the future Eun Soo. Those things happened before and she can't do something about it. It might be that she was forced to go back to her own time or she willingly went back to her time to save CY or something else and then she tried to go back but arrived in a different time instead. Realizing that, she wrote a diary to her future self telling her, giving her a warning, to try and stop what might happen to that person... to that important person in her life.
It might also be that it happened before but she didn't get to stop it and went back again.. y'know? Like a loop... maybe that explains Eun-Soo's dream of CY lying on the ground. SHe had that kind of dream because it happened to her before... or many times before... like a loop.
It's like a wibley-wobley complicated stuff that's hard to explain but yeah... It might be possible too, right? (OH! The whovian fangirl in me is being awakened. I can't stop thinking about the scenes where ES had those kind of dreams and then the diary...)

al13 said: Re "you can’t let him go on that day.. so eunsoo please hold on to that person" -
I think 'on that day' could mean the day when the portal opens. If she leaves she can never go back to the same time and lose the chance to tell Choi Young about her feelings to him.

@myphim, yes page 455 is a bit of mess...I thought it was my computer.  Yes, things are missing and the graphics on that page looks off.

Edit:  I also did not see Dr. Jin but heard a lot of negative comments on the storyline which has made me stay away.  I would also be interested to get a gist of the storyline.