[Taiwanese Drama 2012] Absolute Boyfriend 絕對達令

sugarplum892

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?ch_userid=madkhai&prgid=45217728&categid=34103711&orderby=prg_index&page=1&ref=ch&lot=2_1_1

This is the site where Taiwan AB is translated into Korean. It adds more information. The person who translated AB must be perfect in both Korean and Chinese.

Only bad thing about this site is that it keeps on stopping and the film jumps too far the next time it comes back!

But, I learned why Xiaofe was getting madder at Zongshi at his house after she hurt her leg.

Another sweetest and so addictive about Taiwan AB is that it portrays how imperfect we/the characters all are.

Xiaofe is actually a female geek who may not be all that smart, is not really good at anything, is a "덜렁이"="careless, not paying attention to things". 덜렁이~dul-lung-yi is how Zongshi referred to Xiaofe at his house. He also insulted her by saying that she never cleans up..etc. She does not get social cues either. She only thinks of Zongshi as someone who puts her down, calls her names and does not consider her highly...maybe that is why she does not get why Zongshi hugged her. She also did not see that Zongshi seemed very happy to be hugging her as it was a back hug.

Of course, NiTe does not get the complex human communications like jokes and sarcasms, etc. He is concrete as robot should be, at least for now.

Zonghsi has never confessed to Xiaofe because he is a bit cowardly as Xiofe said. But having known Xiaofe since kindergarten, he must have seen that she was interested and confessed to so many other guys and never him that maybe he is dejected about it?? Yet he always takes care of her. He once referred to her as a puppy who needs to be fed, cleaned after,,,,etc. She threw pillow at him....remember??

Another reason why I think Taiwan AB is so well made and getting better each epi....past and present of the characters are in sync and make so much sense!! So heartwarming too!!!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally am done reading the manga. I cried I cried and cried like a baby. oh my gosh! I think I'm going to cry me a river later. It started out happy and funny buttttttttttttttt.... Ahhhh! I hate this! Can they change the ending for me sake???? Hehehe

Cheerkoo...I agree with you! He thinks shes useless in all cateria, but shes always cheerful, n wouldn't let defeat put her down, which in his eyes are big plus. This drama is well made.

Guest eunhye05

annypooh I know what u mean! I read the manga last year and also felt sad but I think we won't really cry buckets. I have a feeling this will end on a heartwarming note. Hahaha. I have faith. There's always creative freedom or whatever u call it. Doesn't have to stick exactly to the script. hehe.

S_Sun thanks for the link! You made my day I was looking all over for the Channel U link. Hopefully the anti-piracy folks dont find the account yet. :) Hopefully that beloved song is in the official soundtrack too.

Sukreen I Know that video is hilarious! So cute the three of them!

Cheerkoo loving the additional info too and your insights. You are right. XF is definitely a below average girl which I love to love in dramas. Always the underdog whom no one likes. Like an ugly duckling kinda story hence it makes sense why the desperation to find love even if it means ordering a robot. :) Lots of girls may also be able to relate.

Thank you for keeping this thread updated guys. Greatly appreciate it! :)

annypooh I know what u mean! I read the manga last year and also felt sad but I think we won't really cry buckets. I have a feeling this will end on a heartwarming note. Hahaha. I have faith. There's always creative freedom or whatever u call it. Doesn't have to stick exactly to the script. hehe.

S_Sun thanks for the link! You made my day I was looking all over for the Channel U link. Hopefully the anti-piracy folks dont find the account yet. :) Hopefully that beloved song is in the official soundtrack too.

Sukreen I Know that video is hilarious! So cute the three of them!

Cheerkoo loving the additional info too and your insights. You are right. XF is definitely a below average girl which I love to love in dramas. Always the underdog whom no one likes. Like an ugly duckling kinda story hence it makes sense why the desperation to find love even if it means ordering a robot. :) Lots of girls may also be able to relate.

Thank you for keeping this thread updated guys. Greatly appreciate it! :)

Eunhye...my dear, i hope we wont have to. its just that, in the manga, they were so in love and then...poof!

honestly, if there's a NiTe out there like JIRO, i'll be first in line to order him. i dont care if i have to make payments for the rest of my life.

i dont care if we dont do anything, i just want him to walk around the house topless! HAHAHAHHA

this dang drama is bringing the perverted side of me out guys!!!!

Credit to sis meow13 from GHS thread.. Thank you for the updates and translation .. :D

here is the video of the talk show "佼個朋友吧" (Be Friends)

44005748:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg?20120418050041     

120417 佼個朋友吧 (Be Friends) - Absolute Boyfriend

*I haven't have time to watch it yet, so I dunno what they talked about. I will come back to summarize it after watching it. Enjoy~ ;)

ZaoBao interview

b4e5f30d.jpg

f127ac43.jpg

12626a78.jpg

Cre as tagged

http://www.zaobao.co...418_007_3.shtml

Summary of the article:

• After meeting Ku Hye Sun, the reporter thinks Ku is the “Absolute Lover” in real life, since she has all criteria (sweet & petite, soft voice, always smile, friendly, etc.) that men love
  • Ku’s ideal lover should be someone who is generous & polite. Since she has 7 dogs, she hope her boyfriend would love dogs too
  • Is Jiro her ideal lover? Ku said, ” I like to spend more time together and observe each other slowly. Unfortunately there’s language barrier with Jiro, if we could communicate, may be I would have different view on him.”   
  • If there’s robot lover in real… Ku said she would ask him to wash dishes & clothes. ” I  will also let him read lot of books and  becomes my teacher. When I have problem or question, I could ask robot for answer immediately, haha.”
  • <SPAN >
  • Most impressive scene is the first appearance of Night. Though it’s quite embarrassing, she focused on how to well portrait the role. Jiro said Ku has put a lot of ideas into the character, such as some little gestures or expressions 
  • Ku said there were many scenes of her singing on stage in “The Musical” . Since she has stage fright, she asked for director’s permission to drink some wine before filming to calm her nerves. “I drank wine before all the singing scenes in that drama, I think I have finished a whole bottle of raspberry wine!”
  • Though she can drink, she has a busy schedule and drinking would create sleeping problem. Therefore she seldom drink now for the sake of health.
  • Ku is multi-talented, and when asked which is her favorite. Ku said celebrity/artist nowadays needs to be multi-talented and each of the skills are corelated. She thinks she should know / learn every skill and there is no favorite one in particular.  
  • Ku has learnt Chinese when she’s a kid. If there is a chance,  she would like to participate in Chinese drama/ movie production. “I thought I could learn more Chinese when filming this drama in Taiwan, but the schedule was really tight that I have no time to do so. I will continue to learn Chinese if possible.” 
  • Visiting Singapore for the first time, Ku was very happy that many fans welcome her here. But the schedule was very tight that she didn’t have time for sightseeing. She jokingly said if there is a robot lover made in Singapore, she would ask him to be the tourist guide, bringing her to places for fun & good food
  • After several idol dramas, Ku expressed that she likes the theme/ content that is heart-warming, thus she would like to challenge a role that could make her feel warmth in heart

Guest S_sun

Eunhye05, is this the song you like so much? A fan took that clip from the drama and has it on YT. I must say I can't get it out of my head now. While waiting for Sunday to come, I have been listening to the osts.

Heard that the Absolute Boyfriend soundtrack is coming out on April 20. Here is the list of tunes in the soundtrack. This song is no. 4-the singer is Olivia Ong. I think Jiro has one more song to come-no 5.  No 7-12 are instrumentals. No. 3- the singer is Anthony Neely and No. 6- the singer is Dennis Sun. I am not familiar with these artists. Perhaps Taiwan fans know them.

01. Mr.Perfect(「絕對達令」片頭曲) — 飛輪海

02. 假裝我們沒愛過 (「絕對達令」片尾曲) —汪東城

03. 然後 — 倪安東

04. 明明 — Olivia

05. 完美心跳 — 汪東城

06. 在沒有妳的世界 — 孫自佑

07. 完美情人 (演奏曲)

08. 平凡的幸福 (演奏曲)

09. 再見奈特 (演奏曲)

10. 虛擬的愛 (演奏曲)

11. 克羅那斯天國 (演奏曲)

12. 世界盡頭 (演奏曲)

Guest freeminded1430278377

This drama is good. Now I should consider watching more Taiwan dramas since there are not that many interesting Korean ones out there lately. I only thought Korean guys can dress up nice but Taiwan guys can dress up nice too. If I didn't know, I thought Jiro Wang is a girl or transgender in episode 2. Lol. I hope they will change the ending in this version.

videos from our lovely J.j. recorded during GHS N JIRO event in SG

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/Gukhwa19/?action=view&current=IMG_1283.mp4

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/Gukhwa19/?action=view&current=IMG_1281.mp4

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/Gukhwa19/?action=view&current=IMG_1280.mp4

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/Gukhwa19/?action=view&current=IMG_1275.mp4

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/Gukhwa19/?action=view&current=IMG_1274.mp4

Taken by our lovely J.J. :) thank you for sharing my dear

thank you for sharing my dear. i didnt post all of the pictures taken by J.J since some are pretty similar but if you want to view all of them, please go to j.j. page

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg570/Gukhwa19/

IMG_8200.jpg

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8198.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

th_IMG_1283.jpg

th_IMG_1281.jpg

th_IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

th_IMG_1275.jpg

th_IMG_1274.jpg

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

jjforever!!

Thanks so much for the pix!

What a turnout for the SG autograph signing and promotion for AB!!

Thanks all SG fans!

Manseh to Jiro W and GHS!!

meow13 and vanessa123 of GHS soompi posted GHS's most recent tweeter. She posted a pix of herself and Jiro Wang from the second episode.

대만 드라마 절대그이가 방영중인데요.여장한 남자주인공 왕동성씨입니다. 너무 예쁘지요?ㅎ http://yfrog.com/h280527698j 

Taiwan's drama Absolute Boyfriend is currently being broadcast. This is Jiro Wang, the male lead who is dressed in female attire. Isn't he so pretty? hehe

Guest S_sun

Thanks, j-j-forever for sharing your experience, pic and vids., and annypooh for helping out.

Meow mentioned that Jiro major in art and he had a book with his drawings out in 2010. I found a vid with a few of his drawings. Interesting it is called Van Gogh and me. http://www.youtube.c...?v=-ZuVEUAk6UY  Wonder if he ever held an exhibition for his arts works. Those of you interested on how he got into art, here's a translation by asianfanatics from an interview in Fans magazine in 2010. http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/726230-interview-a-date-with-jiro-wang/

3 more days to Sunday!  Such a long wait......Till then, take care AB fans.

Guest eunhye05

Thank S_sun for the OST! I cant stop listening to it too. :D :D :D HI annypooh thanks for uploading jjforever's pics and videos! :D :D :D Meow13 thansk for your translations! Thanks to cheerkoo, jaz and sukreenand all others i forgot to mention for constantly updating this page

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks, j-j-forever for sharing your experience, pic and vids., and annypooh for helping out.

Meow mentioned that Jiro major in art and he had a book with his drawings out in 2010. I found a vid with a few of his drawings. Interesting it is called Van Gogh and me. http://www.youtube.c...?v=-ZuVEUAk6UY Wonder if he ever held an exhibition for his arts works. Those of you interested on how he got into art, here's a translation by asianfanatics from an interview in Fans magazine in 2010. http://asianfanatics...with-jiro-wang/

3 more days to Sunday! Such a long wait......Till then, take care AB fans.

Thanks S_sun!

I checked them out!

I really like JW's work...I wonder what are JW's personal reasons for favoring VanGogh??

Curious..

He also says that he made a very modern lamp once...he must enjoy creating things with his hands..

He says he plans to do more art and I think it said he is also into photography as well....He will go to Hawaii to do it so that he can not only work on art but also please the fans who want to see him more...keke...

JW is SO opposite of GHS in that while GHS usually is not interested in flaunting herself,,,JW has no qualms about it...he seems just very open and goes with the flow...keke,,,,

I hope we find out through more bts of AB whether the cast members found things in common with each other and I would imagine that may have helped them heighten the chemistry and relaxation on the set....???

like when B Friend mc asked GHS what she missed the most while working in Taiwan, JW answered on her behalf that she missed her dog...if we remember correctly, we did see so many pix of Gamja on her tweeter for a while...Right?? keke

NEWS 19/4/2012 - KU HYE SUN VS JIRO WANG "WHO IS PRETTIER?

2012041914521980973_1.jpg

Actress Ku Hye Sun and Jiro Wang, who appear on Taiwanese series Absolute Boyfriend, showed off their beautiful faces.

On April 19, Ku tweeted a picture with the comment, “Taiwanese series Absolute Boyfriend is airing. Jiro Wang disguised himself as a woman. Isn’t he pretty?”

In the picture, Ku looks like a white angel in white clothes and wearing hairband.

Jiro Wang looks just like a woman with long wavy hair. Thick makeup and gold costume complement his beautiful appearance.

People responded: “Ku is always beautiful but I can’t believe he is a man.” “He looks like a girl who is very manly.” “Both can compete against each other. Man can’t be pretty like him.”

The series started airing on April 8 on Taiwanese FTV. It is based on Japanese cartoon with the same title. Ku plays the role of Xiaofei.

source : http://star.mt.co.kr/stview (korean)

translated by: http://en.korea.com/ (english)

Guest freeminded1430278377

I just cant stop laughing whenever I see Jiro's girly pic.

I wonder what is GHS's reaction seeing so many buff guys next to her? She must be :w00t:. I don't see Koreans promote a drama like this by having half naked guys selling their bodies. Their press conference is usually pretty serious and less interaction but the way Chinese promotes their dramas involve a lot of activities with fans and much more interaction

more from Chanel U....

Like Ku Hye Sun’s character on Absolute Boyfriend, we had our requirements keyed online and with the click of the mouse, we “ordered” the Absolute robotic boyfriend every fan wanted.

LNP_2700.jpg

And this faithful boyfriend brought his sweet Korean girlfriend along.

Brace yourself for this lengthly post – it’ll be flooded with photos.

LNP_2620-300x199-1.jpg

this whirlwind promo tour kicked off with a media conference.

Absolute-Bf-Jiro-Wang.jpg

Jiro shared his experience on the skin-coloured granny panties he wore a pair during filming. It was supposed to have him looking naked. Remember the scene when 筱菲 first opened her lover package?

Absolute-Bf-Ku-Hye-Sun.jpg

Sweet & demure, Ku Hye Sun came across as cool and calm. Rarely do we see her breaking into wide grin like the right-picture above.

LNP_2759-1.jpg

But it seemed Jiro knew how to tickle our lead actress with the right compliments. Ku Hye Sun said that she hopes to settle down by the age of 32 to which Jiro proposed flying over to Korea and marry her then.

LNP_2749-300x199-1.jpg

Ku Hye Sun checking on their personal camwhore collection.

Next, was a romantic cruise experience with the idols.

Fans greeted with goodies from Silky Girl.

LNP_2802-300x199.jpg

LNP_2859-300x199.jpg

Very very lucky fans whipped out their cameras and snapped away furiously.

LNP_2856-300x199.jpg

LNP_2884-300x199.jpg

LNP_2887-300x199.jpg

The sea was really choppy that night after a stormy day. So the idols decide to proceed to the outdoor deck and enjoy the cool night breeze.

LNP_2995-300x199.jpg

The next day at the Meet & Greet session: Square Two (Novena)

LNP_4518-300x199.jpg

All smiles and cheery!

LNP_4490-300x199.jpg

A non-chinese speaking fan here to show her love for the two idols.

LNP_4485-300x199.jpg

The more the merrier. The appearance of these hunks made Ku Hye Sun blush. Like. A. Lot.

LNP_4513-300x199.jpg

Stealing another moment to camwhore.

LNP_4559-300x199.jpg

The Meet & Greet progressed with the long-awaited autograph segment. First 120 fans received autographed posters which is a dream for many. Yet, the sight of their idols made them forget everything around them. Most of them actually forgot to pick up their posters after getting it autographed.

LNP_4266-300x199.jpg

Look out for the second update of the Absolute Boyfriend promo tour ( THE SPECIAL DELIVERY) for a full account of what went on that night

Full translation from Be Friends Interview (AB) ~~~ Credit to meow13 from GHS thread. 

here is the video of the talk show "佼個朋友吧" (Be Friends)

44005748:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg?20120418050041     

120417 佼個朋友吧 (Be Friends) - Absolute Boyfriend

This talk show is not difficult to understand, right? I'll just briefly summarize what's happening in the program

• the Host Mickey introduces the guests. This is the 2nd time Hyesun to be in this show, while it's Jiro's 3rd time & Penny's 1st
  • Mickey asked Jiro why he 'd choose the role of  a robot. Jiro said it's more challenging, since his response & expression are different from human. Jiro had even taken classes for 1-2months to adjust his acting skills and facial expressions. Apart from that he also put a lot of effort to work out for his body figure
  • then Hyesun ws asked about Jiro's body figure. Hyesun said he had worked out a lot and keep his body shape very well
  • Penny introduced his character Zhongshi, who knows XiaoFei since childhood. And he eventually finds out Night is a robot, thus XiaoFei has to choose between them
  • then Hyesun introduce the role of XiaoFei, who eventually learns how to love through Night. Mickey asked if Hyesun would confess her love in real life, Hyesun sadi if she met someone she really like, she would confess to him
  • Then Mickey asked Hyesun whom/what she missed most during her stay in Taiwan. Jiro answered for her that should be her dogs. Hyesun agreed and said she had a Golden Retriever (Gamja!) which was 4-month old when she left to Taiwan. It grew from a little puppy to a big one when she went back to Korea.
  • Mickey asked if Hyesun finds it hard to work in TW due to language barrier. Hyesun said she planned to learn chinese during her stay in TW but she can't make it due to time constraints. If there's another oportunity, she would consider chinese film/drama too.
  • </FONT></SPAN>
  • Mickey asked Hyesun how she feels about the 2 male leads. Hyesun said she thought Penny was a quiet guy at the beginning, later she found him humorous & interesting. and when asked Jiro how he sees Hyesun, he said she's quiet & talented. she would be reading or drawing or making notes for her directorial during her break time. But she's very creative when acting
  • Mickey asked again what food she likes. Hyesun said she likes to eat. Apart from Bubble Tea, she also like smelly tofu. For Hyesun's gift, since she likes Bubble Tea, Mickey gave her a perfume with Bubble Tea fragrance.
  • then Mickey served the guests some fusion food. the first is Bubble Tea Pizza & second is Stewed Meat Rice Pizza (both sound weird to me but as seen Hyesun really loves eating and not hesitate to try anything :D )
  • When trying food, Mickey asked Hyesun if it tastes good. Hyesun answered softly and Mickey said that Hyesun is always  so elegant, and a bit timid. He said it seems she is the robot in fact. Hyesun said she's not like that in the drama.
  • Mickey said in real life, Hyesun is really elegant & well-mannered. then he asked if Hyesun has temper. Hyesun said she doesn't has much temper. She think being angry would make herself feel bad. Jiro then said she's a director, what if she encounter some stupid actor? Hyesun said she would try best not to get angry. She would be angry of herself but not to others. Mickey praised her of having high EQ. She's the same as what he imagined a multi-talented beauty is. he said he would definitely fall for her if they meet few more times. (can you see Hyesunn never stop eating? :lol: )
  • the next part is a challenge to see how well they get along. each of them have a round to present for other 2 to guess. Hyesun can only use her voice to present the sound, Jiro have to draw, and Penny has to use body language. (I think they did it quite well)
  • After the challenge, Mickey served some Xiao Lung Bao to the guests. some are new flavor include chocolate (Jiro's one) and spicy (Hyesun's one) ones. and the last one was with real gold on it, symbolizing the great combination of actors and to wish for the best rating for the drama.
  • Hyesun loves spicy food. the xiao lung bao she had was very spicy that both Mickey & Penny could not quite stand it, but Hyesun just looks normal and she finished the whole dish (keke. Jiro can't take spicy food thus he refused to try)
  • The next game was creating Bubble Tea. Mickey put 5 balls which represent milk, tea, syrup, ice & pearl sago. They could draw 5 times to finish their own Bubble Tea, but of course if they draw the same ball every time, their drink couldn't be completed. For example, Jiro's only have ice x2 + milk x 2 + tea x 1. Hyesun's one was tea + ice x3 + pearl  sago.
  • Last question was about ideal lover. Penny said he likes girl who is outgoing & independent, with long hair & big eyes. he thinks the perfect one should have some imperfection. He hates girls who are not tidy & clean.
  • Jiro's answer is similar to the ones before. he like girl who can cook well, respect his parent and love his family. He also hope his girlfriend could understand him/ his feeling. Most funny was that Jiro likes girl who has sweating hands. He explained that he has dry hands thus sweating hands could complement his when holding hands
  • Hyesun said her ideal should not be a complicated  person, not very suspicious, and polite. When asked about appearance, Hyesun said she likes someone who always wears a smile  :)

@meow ~~ Thank you very much for all the updates, translations and for always pouring us updates of AB drama from the very beginning until now. :)

@annypooh ~~ thank you for the SG event and to Channel U for keeping us updated. :)

@S_sun  ~~ thank you for sharing Jiro's book and interview. He is also indeed a talented actor/artist. :)

Two days to go!  for AB ep 3. Very excited to watch again Jiro and Hye Sun good chemistry :wub:

Have a nice day/evening  to all AB Lovers  :wub: 

Archived