[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

Was traveling this week-end, so I couldn't watch the show on Sunday.Glad to see the thread is getting a lot busier LOL
This episode was pretty GoodHyungsik & Jihyun are just meant to be. LOL Her choosing the ZE:A song and the reaction of the rest of the guys was pretty cute and funny. Just Love them as a couple. I think Jihyun is pretty guarded on her feelings but she really likes Hyungsik I think the problem with her is that she is too aware of the cameras.
Jun.K & Hyejeong and Mir & Jei are now looking more and more like couples. I loved their date in the tent that was pretty cute it looked like 4 couples meeting having fun together. Jun.K is so used to be the Hyung and Oppa, he is always taking care of everyone else.
JB & Seung Ah was once again painful to watch. I don't want to speculate much about them before I can see the episode with the subtitles. I was hoping JB was going to improve his attitude as the day wore off but I didn't see it. The do match on so many level but I think as I have said before that he is acting this way b/c he knows she likes him. I can't believe JB turned out to be the bad boy on the show. LOL
Can't wait for the next episode to see the other people truth convos

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xbeybidollx

i kinda guess why Hyungsik chose Seung Ah since she havent tried dating other gurls plus maybe maybe as he hears the other guys playing or joking on avoiding to date Seung Ah noona he kinda felt sad for her and give her comfort and feel special on her last date that i will choose Noona so you guys stop joking over poor noona since he knows Jihyun very much already. I think JB is too emotional that he cannot control his feelings maybe he too young to know what right and what wrong infront of the camera :) Jei i think like Jun K. and Jun K. i feel he feel safe with Hye jeong but if you notice he always looks after Jei we dont know what will happen after this show. Some guys felt being challenge when a gurl is unpredictable bcoz guys feel so much confident if they know the gurl liked them. Goodluck to all of them hehehe.. Merry Christmas!

Guest temperateclimate

Ji Hyun choosing Z:EA's "Aftermath" for the song shuffle was a totally bold and unpredictable move. No wonder the written preview for Episde 06 specifically stated that her pick was "shocking". It's nice to see that she has now warmed up significantly to Hyung Sik, especially since she was rather too collected and cool in the beginning. Hyung Sik's expressions when he's around her are too adorable for words. You can literally see the pink hearts shooting out from his eyes.

A LOL moment ... when Ji Hyun arrived at the pork specialty restaurant without Hyung Sik in tow, Mir immediately asked her, "Where's your husband?" LOL

The english sub is out for ep 6 on kshownow.

JB once again was quite mean and dismissive to Seung Ah was quite taken a back with the whole ''you are acting like a child'' part this is not about not trying to give her hope or mixed signals he was rude. Also during the song shuffle jumping in to say they were not a couple seriously he is so insensitive. I understand that Seung Ah is trying to be considerate for the other couples but sorry would have chosen Jun.K, at that point I would have completely ignored JB entirely.
Also the truth room with Hyejeong and Seung Ah shows that he needs a one on one class on communication.

In the truth room he said that he wanted to talk and meet other people, but it wasnt Seung Ah fault they were paired up they both selected items/songs and were paired up together. Also it doesnt mean that when he was on a date with her he had to treat her like he would rather be with someone else. They go on dates but they also interact together as a group why not interact more with the other girls then too? I think he just meant he wanted to meet other people meaning Jea.

It was good he apologized but still what did he mean by he would want to do the first date again?

Also was side eying Jun.K's reaction when he came out but it seems like he already knew she would select JB and remembered when he chose Jihyun over her.
Also lol at him being obsessed with yellow now he does tend to read into things way too much.

Season 2 cast has been confirmed
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/the-romantic-idol-reveals-lineup-for-season-2

Dont know much about the cast except GNA and Jonghun, Looking at the ages I was hoping some of the male idols would be older, but it will be interesting to see the different pairings.

ryeesa said: The english sub is out for ep 6 on kshownow.

JB once again was quite mean and dismissive to Seung Ah was quite taken a back with the whole ''you are acting like a child'' part this is not about not trying to give her hope or mixed signals he was rude. Also during the song shuffle jumping in to say they were not a couple seriously he is so insensitive. I understand that Seung Ah is trying to be considerate for the other couples but sorry would have chosen Jun.K, at that point I would have completely ignored JB entirely.
Also the truth room with Hyejeong and Seung Ah shows that he needs a one on one class on communication.

In the truth room he said that he wanted to talk and meet other peeople, but it wasnt Seung Ah fault they were paired up they both selected items/songs and were paired up together. Also it doesnt mean that when he was on a date with her he had to treat her like he would rather be with someone else. They go on dates but they also interact together as a group why not interact more with the other girls then too? I think he just meant he wanted to meet other people meaning Jea.

It was good he apologized but still what did he mean by he would want to do the first date again?

Also was side eying Jun.K's reaction when he came out but it seems like he already knew she would select JB and remembered when he chose Jihyun over her.
Also lol at him being obsessed with yellow now he does tend to read into things way too much.

inxomnia said: ryeesa said: The english sub is out for ep 6 on kshownow.

In the truth room he said that he wanted to talk and meet other peeople, but it wasnt Seung Ah fault they were paired up they both selected items/songs and were paired up together. Also it doesnt mean that when he was on a date with her he had to treat her like he would rather be with someone else. They go on dates but they also interact together as a group why not interact more with the other girls then too? I think he just meant he wanted to meet other people meaning Jea.

@inxomnia That's what I also thought he meant but wasnt really sure. Well I am sure Seung Ah probably would want to go back on her first date as well.

@missauditor I have to agree I also do not want her to pick him. There was no need to be like that. I know quite a few people have said he didnt want to give her mixed signals but I thought he was taking it too far and made it into a much bigger deal. It doesnt say at the end of the show the person you have been partnered with the most you must get engaged/married to them lol. It was just a date. Seung Ah knew that he liked Jea she probably was just looking for a fun date with someone she gets along well with. The show really didnt help him.

I agree with some of your points.
-I noticed that too, but not sure what to think the group date wasnt awkward but there was slight uncomfortable atmosphere but that could be because they have swapped partners lol.
-I think Jea feels burdened by him mentioning Jun.K quite a lot, he really likes Jea and still thinks they both like each other, its like Jun.K is always in the back of his mind.
-I also noticed that I actually find some of their interactions awkward but it could be because the camera is always there and it is hard to get comfortable.
-Jun.K is really a gentleman and treats everyone nice but I can see how it can be too much for Hyjeong she is still young and new to this and the way Jun.K acts can probably be overwhelming.
-Jun.K's reactions? Rewatched it and he was just smiling??

@ryeesa - thanks for paying attention to my post. lol. looks like we post a lot here >.< i am totally invested >.<- seungah's case, die trying is not worth it. should die (literally) alone than wasted. - sometime jei looks like not 'there' mentally/emotionally with mir. maybe that caused mir to have second thought about jei-jun.k. mir should put more romantic spell on jei so she can forget jun.k. jei looks ready to be swept off her feet by mir though as she saw jun.k more and more on hyejeong's directions.- at the common area (fighting scene of hyejeong and jb) hyunsik and jihyun looks comfortable. also the pork bbq dinner (when a lot of people was there and camera have many scene to capture/focus)- jun.k tried hard to convince hyejeong that he's the one (for her). and also all the romantic gestures in front of mir and jei. one to tell jei he moves on and two to tell mir, hyejeong's his. lol. can JB learns from jun.k? although he moves on from jei, he still treat jei nicely and treat hyejeong better. as simple. end of the day, jei get the signal. seungah will too. - jun.k smile in my opinion awkward >.<- end of my rambling...

@ryessa and @missauditor

I agree with most of what you guys have said earlier.
I too think that Seung Ah should just choose to be with no one, I don't know if that is a possibility on this show but unfortunately she didn't have a pairing with the other two nice guys on the show who could have made her have a great time in Jejudo. I don't really understand what JB means when he says he would have wanted to go back to the first date?? Did he want a different partner? Did he want to redo everything and make sure he doesn't see her as a noona later on??? I don't get it.  As for Hyejeong, I noticed that too during the date, she was glancing at Mir a lot. LOL As I have said before this girl had/has a serious crush on Mir from the get go. After seeing her interactions with Jun.K I now understand that she really is uncomfortable with Jun. K romantic side.  But I do hope he has turned her around to his side since they are the two I shipped from the start. LOL I like that Jun.K is nervous with her and basically is trying hard to have her choose him at the end. It makes me see that he really does like her and really tried to move on from Jei and their undeniable chemistry.
As for Jei, I think she still has feeling for Jun. K it is plain as day. I don't know why Mir was not paying much attention to her during the tent date and let Jun.K take care of her??? Maybe b/c that is how Jun.K acts all the time ? Who knows? But I like how he got flustered when he thought she was crying when JB took Seung Ah in the truth room and then afterwards came to sit next to her. I think Mir is afraid that Jun.K may still want Jei and her face being not that expressive during the song shuffle makes him not confident on her feelings towards him.
As for Jihyun, I absolutely adore how she gets shy around Hyungsik. That was pretty bold of her to choose ZE:A song in the song shuffle. What a statement!! Either way it is nice to see the reversal in their roles, Hyungsik is more bold with her, caressing her hair all the time and now she doesn't push him away when he tries to wrap his arm around her. I liked their interactions when the camera wasn't focused on them she definitely was more free then.

UGH....SO CUTE. I like. I normally don't like boybands/groups. Never was into big bang, 2PM, Super Junior or the girl bands for that matter (but DBSK...i'll admit...I liked..haha) but this isn't about Music Core...it's about dating and these kids are SO cute!!!!

Just watched Ep6 with subs .... I'm going to look at the positive side and say finally JB stepped up and sincerely apologized in the "Truth Room". Seungah is just fabulous, something that I appreciated hearing JB say was that Seungah is so positive - that's the understatement of the year LOL. I've said it on youtube & tumblr & I'll say it here, she has handled herself with the utmost class throughout this whole show, if any of the other girls were in her situation right now I don't think they would've handled it as well as she has.
It really is unfortunate that we haven't seen her on a date at Jeju where she gets the A+ treatment, that is why I'm holding out for her last date with Hyungsik. I don't know why people are so worried over Hyungsik having a date with Seungah, everyone already knows JihyunxHyungsik are a "couple" so no need to fear. It'll just be fun to finally see Hyungsik with another girl & Seungah have from the looks of it the A+ treatment she deserves plus from what I've noticed HyungsikxSeungah seem to get along well so it's bound to be fun and brezzy, nothing depressing.  

@missauditor lol dont worry I am way too invested in the show as well.
-I get what you mean about Jea, something I wanted to point out was Mir and her expressions lol eventhough she was smiling when he came out I understand what he meant her smile seemed I dont know forced maybe, I feel like she views Mir more as a friend not sure about romance.
-Exactly good point  about Jun.K. I think JB really needs to learn from him, hopefully this show will be a learning experience.
-OK maybe it was awkward because Jun.K knew Seung Ah was not going to pick him. From his private interview it does seem like he is oblivious with whats happening with JB/Seung Ah.

@mguemon I also think Jea still likes Jun.K, I think one of their issues is they have never had another date and never managed to clear the air after the whole change/filming. Mir probably knows this thats why he isnt sure how Jea truly feels. I am actually interested to seeing who she will pick for the truth room.

I forgot to mention this Jihyun and the song shuffle it was a good move but I couldnt help thinking what is to stop the others from also doing the same thing, like Hyejeong picking a 2pm song. I think it makes it too easy and I am wondering if they will be able to do that next season? But saying that she was trying to make a statement with the song, Hyungsik was so happy lol.

@KDIK I agree about Seung Ah just trying to put myself in her positon she definitely handled everything better than I would have, there would have been a point when I would have probably stopped talking to JB lol. She was always positive, never bad mouthed JB and was still trying to have fun with him
I am also confused about some people being worried about Seung Ah/Hyungsik I understand liking a couple but you can still be paired up in a non romantic way and have fun. Seung Ah/Hyungsik seem to get along well if anything it will be more like good friends hanging out.

@ryessa You are absolutely right that they needed another date to clear the air between them, their chemistry is undeniable but he also does have good chemistry with Hyejeong, but age wise, Jei and Jun.K match more. The romantic gestures that burdens Hyejeong would have been taken in stride by Jei.
Mir is so perceptive, and I think he knows how Jei feels about Jun.K but he is trying his best to show that he is also a viable option for her w/o crowding her. I think the thing that made Jun.K run away at first is the same thing that is making Mir nervous. Jei seems open, bubbly and cute but there is just something in the way she carries herself that makes her still appear mysterious. I don't know how to explain it in a clearer manner.
I think Jihyun in this instance is the only one for who it would be ok to make such a bold and strong statement. Heck even Mir who believed they were "fated" asked her as soon as he saw her w/o Hyungsik where her "Nampyeong" was. I think at this point everyone has accepted that JiSik is a couple.
Seung Ah in my mind is a Goddess, I mean she has the best personality out of all the girls there except for Hyejeong. She has handled herself with class and grace. JB is too stupid to see that he got lucky and paired with the best girl out of all 4. But his loss will be someone else's gain.

@KDIKPeople worrying about the Hyungsik and Seung Ah pairing is ridiculous. At this point the connection between the Jisik couple is just too strong for a date between these two to change Hyungsik heart. I just hope he shows her a good time, makes her laugh, feel special and show JB how to treat a lady. 

@mguemon I agree eventhough I like Jun.K/Hyejeong it is too bad that we never really got to see more of Jea/Jun.K together but I think it got complicated quite fast also now JB and Mir are added in the mix.
I guess Jihyun is at that point when she knows what she wants, there was no use in pretending in wanting to date someone else and thats why she picked the ZEA song it does send out a message.

I agree about Seung Ah she is awesome and hopefully many people will see that.

Seeing the line up for season 2 I am wondering how the older girls will fair especially GNA, I actually think she will be alright. I just hope the guys will all have an open mind and will just enjoy themselves.

@ryessa As you well know from the start I was shipping Jun.K and Hyejeong b/c I believed she was the one who match his ideal more. That is why I was kind of nervous when I saw the Mir & Hyejeong and Jun.K & Jei pairing b/c they had good chemistry, the last one more than anyone else on the show. LOL
I think Jun.K just didn't want the drama, was kind of unsure about Jei feelings towards him and moved on to the next best thing. Even tough I ship Jun.K & Hyejeong here I am wishing that he could have moved on to Seung Ah and showed her a good time. But this show wouldn't be so interesting w/o the drama and unpredictability of it. LOL
For the new line up (Season 2) I don't know much about most of them except for Jonghun from FTIsland, which I am sure will be popular with the girls there. One can hope that is. 
As for GNA, I have a feeling she will fare better than Seung Ah did, she is more popular than Seung Ah. Heck I don't really follow her but I know of her video Black and white she had with Jinwoon (2AM) who she had amazing chemistry with.
(If it isn't obvious I follow more JYPE, FNC family and their affiliates LOL)

@mguemon I agree I think Jun.K probably wasnt there for the drama lol and moved on, thinking about it maybe it was for the best as it has become like a Kdrama now lol.
I was also hoping we would see Jun.K/Seung Ah she mentioned how she wanted to get to know him better and Im sure they would have got on quite well.

Lol if anyone has watched mnet scandal with Jonghun clearly he will be popular with the girls, I think he may be similar to Jun.K I dont know much about the other guys so hopefully there will be a few surprises.
I agree about GNA I have seen a few discussions about this but I actually think she may be quite popular also I have seen her in a few shows and she is quite fun

@ryessaI did watch Jonghun Mnet Scandal and fell in love with him even though my fav in FTIsland is Seungheun. I mean Jonghun is genuine, cute, talented and knows how to treat a lady. I hope most girls on R&I Season 2 will allow him to show that side of him  we got to see during his Mnet Scandal days again.GNA in addition to what I have said earlier seems to have the bubbly personality and cute face that most Korean guys fall for, which is already a leg up she has on Seung Ah. But I am not going to bet my life on all these predictions, as far as everyone who is watching the show is concerned Seung Ah seems to be the coolest chick on R&I but the boys participants seem to be blind. Ottoke??? LOL

Archived