[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unsubbed episode 5:http://www.kshowgo.net/2012/12/121209-romantic-idol-episode-5.html
jun.k - hyejeongjb - seungahhyungsik - jihyunmir - jae
hyejeong getting comfortable around jun.k. jb and seungah became awkward. poor seungah. i cried with her. she deserves better man. wonder is she has last date with hyungsik based on few preview before.
mir and jae was awkward at the beginning but getting cosy over time. huhu. hyungsik and jihyun get along pretty well as expected. 
next episode was intense. they have interview with couples. somebody please help seungah! 

UGH. So frustrated with the editing of this show. They basically have a lot of footage but showed so much of the other couples while we didn't get much JB & Seungah :(
I felt so bad for seungah because basically their whole car ride, JB talks about Jei and it was just so awkward. And poor Seungah just laughs & smiles like she's ok with it even though she's so heartbroken. I hope there's more to their date because those two didn't do their mission yet or either JB doesn't want to do it. Plus, they didn't show a scene that was in last weeks preview yet.
I think that because JB is much younger, he's honest with seungah & that makes him feel bad but he doesn't know that it hurts her even more then he thinks it does. He basically just believes her when she says she's okay when she's really not :(
I hope next week's episode isn't a let down, cause it has been the past two episodes with such draggy episodes. I'm excited and nervous to see how everyone feels about each other.

I think this ep was better then last week, there was less repeated scenes and you at least saw them interacting on their dates.
I felt so bad for Seungah even if JB is clueless about hurting her feelings I still think he didnt come across well, also I dont know what was said but someone recapping the show said he didnt want to do the backhug mission with her. Ok he likes Jea but seriously why not just enjoy the date and have fun why spend all that time just talking about Jea? Considering his reaction in ep 3 when he saw Jun.K/Jea interacting you would think that he wouldnt be so insensitive on his own date.

Hyejeong and Jun.K are so cute together when they were in the car singing Gangnam Style Iol. I always found Hyungsik and Jihyun cute but their interaction slightly awkward but they looked a bit more comfortable and it seems like Mir likes Jea now.

Next week looks good, I am wondering what was asked/said? Everyone's reaction was intense.

I'm definitely happier with the last episode too! even if it still can be a little draggy, it was way much better than the last one..

as for the couples Mir x Jei was my personal "revelation" of the week, they were the people I've loved less until now (of course talking about the show), mainly because Jei was always just smiling and I couldn't even get who she liked or what was she thinking at the moment and Mir was a little bit childish and not really caring with the ladies but, being together, somewhat they act so differently, Jei is way less "passive" and Mir.. I don't know.. was he somewhat intimidated? anyway this is the first time that I saw him genuinely caring during his own date so who know what's going to happen?

finally the JB x Seungah thing it's getting really painful to watch, but I do agree about the fact that JB is probably oblivious about the whole matter (which is even worse..?)

anyway I am REALLY enjoying the show, cannot wait for the next epi ^^

Hyungsik & Jihhyun: They had a nice and romantic date. Hyungsik is a really romantic guy and now knows what Jihyun likes and expects from him. It seems that Jihyun is getting more shy around Hyungsik, b/c I believe she is starting to care about him more and more. While, Hyungsik is now more bold and take charge, he is more confident on her feelings towards him. Between the two, Hyungsik is the shy one, and she is the outgoing one, it was great to see this particular reversal of character. They truly looked like a couple, Hyungsik was leading or showed his manly side as they like to say in Korea.

Jun.K & Hyejeong: They had a fun and carefree date. It seems that out of all the couples they are the ones who are the most comfortable with each other. Even tough Hyejeong seems taken aback 
or feels burdened by Jun. K romantic gestures she takes it in strides and goes with the flow. On this date compare to their first one, Jun. K was extremely nervous, it was great to see that, which means he may really have strong feelings for Hyejeong. He doesn't know where he stands with her since she seems to have feelings for someone else, but he seems determined to make her fall for him.
Mir & Jei: This was really like a first date. Both of them were awkward and nervous at the beginning, but I think Jei outgoing style save this date as she has no problem with skin ship and is truly just an happy and flirty girl by nature. This made Mir feel comfortable to kind of open up to her and  be a lot more comfortable. I now, think that Mir "fate" with Jihyun was a cover for his true attraction for Jei, I mean this is the first time I have seen him nervous and subdued throughout the whole show. Maybe he would have been this nervous in a one on one date with Jihyun, or maybe he just feels comfortable with the girls he likes when they are with the others??
JB & Seung Ah: This was like a break up date. JB made this date the worst date on this show, now even Mir looks better than him, b/c even if Mir felt no attraction to the girl he was paired up with, at least he made sure they had a good time and felt at least comfortable with him. I don't know what JB purpose was in acting the way he was, but that is not how you act around a girl you know has a crush on you even if you don't share her feelings. Maybe it is b/c he is young and thus a bit immature, but I have a feeling he acted this way b/c he knows her feelings towards him and felt comfortable acting like a jerk.

After watching this show and WGM over the years, I now understand that some of the stereotype showed in the Korean Drama, are actually a somewhat true reflection of how relationship work in Korea 
Holding Hands/Holding Wrist: In Drama, I always thought it ridiculous or plain uncomfortable how the guy will always hold the wrist of the girl to lead her somewhere. Now after watching Hyungjoon, YongHwa and Joon in WGM and Hyungsik and Mir in R&I do this to their "significant other", I now understand that this really is a way for Korean men to show how considerate they are. When I look at all those guys, they are all really considerate guy and felt somehow intimidated by the girls they were paired with.
X pinning after Y who is unconsiderate: In Drama, the second lead whether boy or girl is usually treated like crap by the lead, but they still love them regardless. This also occurs with the main pairing, when the male lead for half of the drama treats the female lead like his personal punching bag. See Ant couple, Dog poopie couple in WGM and now JB & Seung Ah, Mir & Hyejeong in R&I. When I look at those different pairings, the "dominant" one in the relationship  was rarely considerate of the other one, and the "submissive" one took it all in strides and finally won the favor of the other one.
Boys fall for "aloof" and beautiful girls: In the Drama, the guys usually fall for the girl who is aloof, detached and almost always unavailable to them. Usually this role is reserved for the second male lead who will fall for the girl who is unavailable, those guys always treat that girl right but she will go for the male lead who most likely treats her like crap. See Alshin couple, Yongseo couple, Brave couple in WGM and Jei & JB, Hyungsik & Jihyun, Mir & Jihyun in R&I.
Outgoing and nice girls finish last: In most dramas unless she is a villainess, the second female lead is usually fun loving, outgoing clearly matches the male lead but for some reason overlooked by him or taken for granted. If I look at it in WGM, the girls with fitting this character type had to go through a whole lot to have their "man" be considerate of them, Hwangbo, Eunjung had to go through this. Eunjung was a bit luckier since at least Jang Woo was attracted to her at first. Hwangbo had their huge age difference to overcome. And in R&I, Hyejeong, Jei and Seung Ah are having the same problem these 2nd female lead have with the guys they like, Seung Ah more than the other two. 
This is just some ideas that have been floating through my head for a long time and were just clarified by the recent episodes of R&I.The turn around shown by JB who was so considerate to Seung Ah at first and is treating her with none now. And started liking Jihyun even though they hadn't had any chance to connect by the end of the 1st day.Jun K who clearly had a crush on Jei from the start and forced himself to turn away from her just b/c she was having fun with JB on their date and was comfortable having skin ship with him, even though it was clear that the girl still had a crush on him.
Sorry, for this long post about my ramblings. It's just that these variety shows and dramas are just a fun way to have a small window into Koran culture for me. I for one, like WGM over R&I, and that is just b/c you get to know the participant more and spend more time with them. I know some people are saying WGM is scripted and b/c of that I always felt a bit detached towards most couples except :

Those 4 are who I felt had the most authentic interactions. I always felt that each participant came on the show maybe thinking about how they were going to portray themselves and just went from there, since some of them really acted like people in Korean dramas.After watching R&I, who is a reality show on TVN a cable channel with more freedom, I now believe that maybe most of them were just being true to themselves, it is just that I connected less with them.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. LOL :-S #:-S

Guest ayumikoshiro

I actually came to like Mir (of all people) in this episode. He's like the anti-Jun.K. He seems the most honest of all (unmarried) contestants. He didn't click with anyone until now and I appreciate him not "faking" feelings that might not've been there. At first I thought he was pretty rude but he did try and have a good time with all his dates even if he did treat them like outings as opposed to dates when he wasn't into them.

Poor Jei she knew that more guys would only confuse her and it looks like she was right. Even with my Jun.K bias I can see she had a really nice time with Mir it seemed natural and not over the top.

Anyhow I'm glad this show is shorter it makes the separation easier on the heart... for the viewers at least.

Guest lentong

1. im A+ so i knew what mir is like.. lol, :)) pretty much blunt honesty that, and mir is someone who is laud (same may said he is rude) but when you get to knew him, he so caring.. and considered

2. this my 3rd season watching The romantic, i knew that this season got alot viewer cuz the idols, but if you seen the 1st and 2nd season,, well you be crying cuz they so sad.. al the couple i ship in 1st and 2nd never get an happy ending.. my fev season is season 2, all the guys just wanted with this one girl, same like this season in the beginning. i will say this in the end prepare a tissue box!! at 1st i really dont like the idol theme cuz, i think it will be lest romantic and sincere. but after i watch it. idols version blow me away, even thou i still love the ordinary person in season 1 and 2.

SPOILER :  they boys will pick the girl and if the boy like the girl he will stay and if not he will keep walking to the next girl. (i gurented they will be at least 1 girl and 1 boy doesn't get any pair)
:(

this season, i dont have any couple i ship, but im enjoying all of them.. :D

mguemon said: JB & Seung Ah: This was like a break up date. JB made this date the worst date on this show, now even Mir looks better than him, b/c even if Mir felt no attraction to the girl he was paired up with, at least he made sure they had a good time and felt at least comfortable with him. I don't know what JB purpose was in acting the way he was, but that is not how you act around a girl you know has a crush on you even if you don't share her feelings. Maybe it is b/c he is young and thus a bit immature, but I have a feeling he acted this way b/c he knows her feelings towards him and felt comfortable acting like a jerk.

ryeesa

said:

mguemon

said:

JB & Seung Ah: This was like a break up date. JB made this date the worst date on this show, now even Mir looks better than him, b/c even if Mir felt no attraction to the girl he was paired up with, at least he made sure they had a good time and felt at least comfortable with him. I don't know what JB purpose was in acting the way he was, but that is not how you act around a girl you know has a crush on you even if you don't share her feelings. Maybe it is b/c he is young and thus a bit immature, but I have a feeling he acted this way b/c he knows her feelings towards him and felt comfortable acting like a jerk.

mguemon said: @ryeesaMaybe I should have said that  b/c he is young and a bit immature, he acted like a jerk to Seung Ah since he knows she likes him.But regardless of his age, there is really no excuse for his actions. I mean running away after listening to the Mission, really???I think he was trying to be funny, but came out as insensitive. And also on the one-one date @ night, the way he was acting towards her was not right, why touch her shoulder and all that when you can't back hug her???? That is why I am almost certain he was being a jerk b/c he knows she likes him.I for one hope that he will make it up to her on next episode, The PD has a way of cutting the scene and showing us a clearer picture on the next episode and hope that this was just the PD trying to manipulate the viewer. LOLI remember in one of the preview, JB was acting in a gentlemanly manner toward her when they were sitting down to eat, so I am waiting for that to see what happens then.
As for Jei, Jun K as truly moved on for sure. There are many reasons why.

1.  His pride was hurt, to be honest of all the Idols there, he is the one from the most popular group (2pm), apart from  Jihyun (4minute) and Mir (Mblaq) and he is the most popular and this girl from a rookie group no less chose to change. I for one was even shocked she chose that option.
  2. His ideal type in terms of girls is Seohyun (SNSD), meaning he likes the "Pure" type of girls. While Jei is extremely pretty and nice, she doesn't match that type of girls. She is outgoing and not reserved and for sure has dated a lot.
  3. He seems to be an extremely possessive guy and her having that much fun with JB his dongsaeng really bothered him. I now see that if he continued to be interested in her, he would have stopped having fun on the show. So he forced himself to move on regardless of their chemistry.
This just speculation on my part, I may be wrong on all counts. Of all the idols on the show I follow or know more about 2pm, Mblaq and AOA so I have a firm grasp on Jun.K and Mir personality before the start of the show, not so much Hyejeong since she is a rookie and hasn't done that much variety.

they r quick this time.epi 5 eng subbedhttp://www.kshownow.net/2012/12/the-romantic-idol-episode-5-english-subs.html
After watching the episode with translation, i felt more and more sorry for seungah. sigh. but cannot blame jb either for having preference. i hope i can see seungah in other variety show after this. and love by many. 
but bravo jei. she's the girl every girl would envy. she's doing nothing but all the boys fall for her.she gave the sweet vibe. we should all learn from her. wonder if the world would be a better place. lol.  
there's 3 more episode before we can finalise everything. so far i am quiet sure about jun.k and hyejeong cox there's preview of their last day together. i didn't see preview of hyung sik and jihyun with their last day apparel. any thought?

Thank you missauditor

Wow JB now that we know what was said it was really unpleasant to watch. I felt so bad for Seung Ah, I think what really made it worse is that she was really looking forward to the date and was happy it was with JB but from the very beginning the date was already going downhill, when he realized it was Seung Ah's shirt he looked so unhappy and he just continued with that atmosphere through out the whole date. It was seriously awkward and most likely uncomfortable for Seung Ah. He likes Jea we know that but nothing could be changed and he still had to go on the date so why not just enjoy it? Can you imagine what SA felt like? Even to the point of feeling bad that he wasnt with Jea. Also funny enough Jea was not thinking about JB and just having fun. At first she wasnt happy it was Mir but she still managed to go along with it and in the end she got on quite well with him. There was such a lack of consideration for SA, I really hope she will at least have some fun in the last remaining episodes

ryeesa said: Thank you missauditor

Wow JB now that we know what was said it was really unpleasant to watch. I felt so bad for Seung Ah, I think what really made it worse is that she was really looking forward to the date and was happy it was with JB but from the very beginning the date was already going downhill, when he realized it was Seung Ah's shirt he looked so unhappy and he just continued with that atmosphere through out the whole date. It was seriously awkward and most likely uncomfortable for Seung Ah. He likes Jea we know that but nothing could be changed and he still had to go on the date so why not just enjoy it? Can you imagine what SA felt like? Even to the point of feeling bad that he wasnt with Jea. Also funny enough Jea was not thinking about JB and just having fun. At first she wasnt happy it was Mir but she still managed to get with it and in the end she got on quite well with him. There was such a lack of consideration for SA, I really hope she will at least have some fun in the last remaining episodes

missauditor said: as a woman, i will be proud if a guy would like me as much as JB. won't waver regardless who is next to him, i have comfort he's mine.
again, as a woman, i want other women to be treated well and appreciated. regardless pretty, ugly, thin, fat, tall, short, loud, quite, etc.
this is confusing. lol. 

Guest xxsarahhoangerz

I think there will always be a "bad guy" or a "bad girl".. It's difficult for everyone to be paired up with whom they like and get chosen by the ones that they like. It's quite heartbreaking when I see Seung Ah trying to hold back her tears and when she had to release it.. aigoo..

Guest Lola Pong

i understand that JB really likes Jei, but in my opinion is kinda unreal for him to like her soooo much after 1 date only 
Also i don't think it's necessary for him to act so obvious and also kinda mean ( for me ) just to make Seung Ah realizes that he likes Jei.
Anyone watch the clip from next episode??? I wondering, what is it thar Jihyun said that makes Hyungsik looks like he wants to cry T3T please don't break up!!!!!

Archived