[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

Guest ayumikoshiro

After watching with subs i like Mir even more. Even though he was obvious that he didn't have feelings for the other girls at least he tried to give them a nice time. JB on the other hand... man how cruel can you get. i do think he did the right thing by not doing the back hug mission, it wouldn't be fair to give SeungAh false hope if he really had no intention to choose her. I've changed my mind too I like Mir - Jei and Hyungshik -JiHyun. I think Hyungshik/JiHyun are going to have trouble letting go/clearing their images for a while. They seem to really like each other but we all know they can't date TT.TT.

I don't think JB was ever into SeungAh even on their first date they were kinda sibling-ish.

I'm really dreading the last episode. Don't they go to 8 now. I can't even imagine the cliffhangers they are going to pull to get 3 episodes out of the last days.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I loved most of the dates in this episode, I have to say I feel really bad for SeungAh . While I understand JB wanted to be clear about his feelings, and I even understand not doing the mission, I do feel like he could have been more considerate [-( ... You can't put all his behavior on account of his age. Some people have sense and some just don't. :-<
On another note, Mir really surprised me. :) While I was expecting him to be loud and obnoxious through all of this program, from past variety shows I saw him in, he showed he can be different when it matters...

Overall, I just dread seeing the end to this show, especially after seeing the preview of next episode...
I see tears, in the future...
:(  :-SS  :-<

Guest temperateclimate

Hyung Sik's solo version of "Beautiful Lady" is lovely. I'm glad that he gets to showcase his soothing vocals.

For the clothing preference shuffle, I wonder how the itineraries were decided for the four pairs.

Personally I preferred the activities and venues for Ji Hyun + Hyung Sik (jet boat, volcanic mountain, submarine) and Jei + Mir  (boat ride to island, dolphins sighting, couples' bicycle ride, horror? museum).

It's amusing how the program was filmed over 4 days and 3 nights and yet we the audience have to anxiously wait weeks to watch it in its entirety. The way the show is presented it seems like the 8 boys and girls have already gathered together for quite some time but actually it's only the third day that they're met as of Episode 5.

After witnessing Mir's shocking(?) transformation during his date with Jei, I can't help but wonder ... how would he behave on a date with Ji Hyun, whom he has repeatedly stated is his fate/destiny? Would he be as giddy/nervous as he is with Jei? Would he tone down his off-the-wallness? And how would Ji Hyun interact with Mir? Ji Hyun seems to be quite assertive and has no problems telling Mir outright that she doesn't think that they are "destined".  Would there be a difference in the way that she carries herself alongside Mir vs. Hyung Sik (since they're both younger than her and she's expressed her preference for older guys)?

And yes, it would be nice to see Hyung Sik paired up with any of the other three girls. Would he be the same shy/slightly awkward/sweet Hyung Sik that we've seen throughout the time he's spent with Ji Hyun? Jei said in an interview that her first choice for the initial meeting venue was actually the movie theatre and the subway was her second choice but she deferred since Ji Hyun was her sunbae. Jei and Hyung Sik? Now that would be really interesting!

So I've just finished watching all 5 episodes so far & I'm beating myself up for shipping JBxSeungah so badly LOL. The two pairings I've loved from ep 1 are JBxSeungah & JihyunxHyungsik. I think I have a thing for Noona - Dongsaeng pairings because the only other variety couple I loved was Hwangbo & Hyunjoong LOL.
By the end of ep 5 I was so disappointed in the way JB handled himself on his date [although I do take note, that the producers might've either cut scenes where the date was going along fine or they could be saving it for the next episode] everyone understood that he has  feelings for Jei and personally I didn't mind that he didn't do the mission, what I couldn't stand was the moment he realized he was paired up with Seungah his mood just plummeted and just stayed like that, he didn't even put much effort into trying to make the date fun & the car ride with the non-stop mentioning of Jei was just frustrating but then when he ran away from her when they found out the mission was just hardcore overboard !!. I just wanted to tell him to get a grip & live in the moment because Jei from the looks of it was definitely doing that. Everything would've been fine if only JB had at least treated her with some common courtesy but from what we were shown he didn't & Seungah even mentions that she felt lonely and hurt at the total disregard to her. It was pretty clear she didn't enjoy herself and instead was left feeling hollow, what made it worst for me was that she felt sorry that he got paired up with her *tears*.

I'm dying to find out what happens next but from the looks of it, the only couple/s I can count on for sure are JihyunxHyungsik & maybe MinjunxHyejeong.

The editing in the preview was good lol, I assumed that Jea was going to cry because of Jun.K while talking in the truth room but they were all outside and it seems like it was due to her cold/cough? lol.

Jun.K/Hyejeong are so cute together.
Also was surprised that Hyejeong picked JB but looking at some recaps it was said that she thought that JB didnt like her as he kept on picking fights with her so she wanted to clear the air.

Felt bad for Seung Ah I feel like she doesnt want to pick anyone else as to not step on toes, everyone else is already paired up. I dont know what to say about JB did you see his face when Mir/Jea were on a date? It must have been so awkward for Seung Ah. Also once again he looked like he rather be elsewhere than with her. Hopefully he apologized in the truth room and will learn something from the experience. In the preview Seung Ah is on a date with Hyungsik and looks like she is having fun which is good. Also I am interested to seeing how JB will treat Jihyun on their date but have a feeling it will be different to how he treated Seung Ah.

Love1403 said: It seemed to me that she cried because she knew JB was rejecting SA because of her, she only started to cough after Mir pointed out to the camera asking why she´s crying. Seems also that Mir caught on the situation between JB and SA. But I could be wrong though, but this is the only logical explanation :o

Love1403 said: ryeesa said: The editing in the preview was good lol, I assumed that Jea was going to cry because of Jun.K while talking in the truth room but they were all outside and it seems like it was due to her cold/cough? lol.

@missauditor - I think Jei & Mir were paired up because you see them together in a car, so I'm assuming JB ends up being paired with Ji Hyun. I hope that is so because I really want to see how JB acts around other girls besides Seung Ah & Jei.

I'm just really curious as to what everyone was saying when JBxSeungAh went into the truth room. The way that the show is edited it comes across as though no-one has a clue about JB & Seungah except for maybe Jei, Mir & Jun.K. I'm also curious about their own reactions when they watch the show.

@kdik owh yeah i remember that. i need to watch again and check out their clothes. i would like to see hyejeong and jb together but i guess in my dream. in the truth room, jb acted like an older bro to hyejeong when he was actually younger than her. i wonder too how jb behave around jihyun. i think jb-seungah dates pretty intense not only because jb still have feelings for jei but also because he knows seungah have hope about them. 

@temperateclimate, for itineraries I think the production team decided before hand, then couples select it using easiest method (rock-paper-scissor)>> you could see at episode 3 (after necklace shuffle segment).

@carnaladmirer, thank you for the link episode 6.^^

@suriji, you're right, I didn't expect Mir & Jei act differently when they were together.

@missauditor yes, Haejeong basically didn't take off the necklace since Jun gave it to her. Also during truth room session, Haejeong use Jun' jacket (he wore it at night 1) to cover her legs. It's amusing to see childish act of Jun.

@KDIK & @ryeesa, actually I am bit confused for the last date. At the beginning of episode 4, there's preview JB tag along at Seungah-Hyungsik date.

#It's hilarious how the boys react when Haejeong pick JB, I notice Mir expecting her to choose him then laugh saw Haejoeng hands move toward JB.
#I think Jihyun play safe (rational) choosing ZE:A song, it's too obvious. Wondering why Hyungsik choose Seungah for the last date.   

@kirane - I noticed that as well in one of the previews at the beach or somewhere with JB, Seung Ah & Hyungsik. I've assumed either Ji Hyun might not have been able to go on a date on that day for some particular reason or the PD's have done it on purpose not showing us any footage of Jihyun on a last date - which still doesn't explain how JB ends up with SA & HS but that's the best I could come up with in my mind LOL.

Edited: I believe Jei was coughing, I realized with the close up of her covering her mouth trying to suppress it/keep it on the down low. Got to admit thought it was perfect timing LOL.

Archived