[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

Guest ryeesa

The preview was just about the triangle, I do hope they will also focus on the other couples too.
I saw a translation for the the preview and Minhyuk was telling Jonghyun he wanted Jiwon to pick his necklace so it does seem like he is interested in her. Yewon seems to really like Minhyuk but I cant really read him yet.
It looks like Jonghyun will really go after Jiwon in the preview he seemed to be glued to Jiwon's side all the time lol. It will be interesting to see what will happen with everyone.

I am wondering if they will have to reveal who they selected to each other?

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coffeebeanie

I think its all in the editing. Lol. Remember during the first season, when the earlier episodes played up the fact that all four guys like Ji Hyun? It ended up not being true though, as the guys were drawn to other girls as the shuffle dates progressed, and Ji Hyun's OTP was Hyungsik.

I was kind of bummed that they didn't show how Jiwon and Kevin ended up holding hands.  They didn't show this pair that much at all during their first date. Although their taxi ride was cute. Kevin was extra adorable in that one.

Guest temperateclimate

First impressions ...

Overall, the Season 2 participants seem to be a more gregarious, lively, pro-active, verbally expressive bunch.

I'm not familiar with idol groups at all, so I think it'll be fun to discover each of their personalities as the program progresses.

-------------

- Ye Won's actions/words make her seem like a manga character, if that makes sense. She's so hyper and talkative that she just livens up the atmosphere.

- The back and forth bantering/bickering/flirting(???) that goes on between Ye Won and Min Hyuk is quite amusing. Since they're somewhat familiar with each other, there isn't too much awkwardness.

On the pedestrian bridge

Ye Won: (To the production team) Please edit out my interview. Please!

Min Hyuk: What are you talking about?

(Footage of Ye Won talking about having interest in Min Hyuk during the pre-meeting.)

Ye Won: Ah ... it's so embarrassing for me.

Min Hyuk: *Clueless* Why is it embarrassing?

Ye Won: .... *mumbles a bit*

Min Hyuk: Aren't you cold?

Ye Won: I'm hot right now.

Ye Won: Are you disappointed that I'm the one who came?

Min Hyuk: A bit? *laughs* Just kidding (formal wording).

Ye Won: *indignant* Fine, then!

Min Hyuk: I'm really kidding.

--------------------------

At the cafe

Min Hyuk: You came looking pretty.

Ye Won: I look pretty?

Min Hyuk: The hairband is pretty.

Ye Won: *rolls eyes + smirks* :rolleyes:

Ye Won: I've been watching your recent performances.

Min Hyuk: I've been paying attention to your performances as well.

Ye Won: *smiles* What do you think? Are they okay?

Min Hyuk: You're really working hard to be sexy.

Ye Won: Yah ... what do you mean by working hard to be sexy? That's not so.

Min Hyuk: That's because you give off a cute and loveable feeling ... which is obviously quite a ways from being sexy.

Ye Won: Yah ~~~ Aishhh ...

Min Hyuk: No, I'm just joking.

Min Hyuk: I'm curious about the other participants.

Ye Won: The other girl participants?

Captions: 3 2 1

Ye Won: Don't think about that.

Min Hyuk: Why?

Ye Won: Just think that there's only me.

Min Hyuk: hahahahaha

Ye Won: Don't think about that, okay? Ahahahahaha *incessant laughter*

---------------------

- How coincidental is it that G.NA and Jong Hoon have the exact same scarf? G.NA's "Oh my god!" :lol:

- Jong Hoon teaching G.NA how to play paper-rock-scissors on the Namsan stairs was a pleasant sight to behold.

- Jong Hoon's mention of G.NA's quivering lips ... He sure pays close attention to his partner.

- G.NA's giddy reactions to the hand-holding ... soooo cute!

On the airplane

Jong Hoon: The two of us met for the first date.

G.NA: *Nods nods*

Jong Hoon: Who'll be my(our) partner(s) for the next date?

G.NA: *turns to look at him* How can you already be curious about the next date?

G.NA: *to camera* He's really anticipating the next date.

Jong Hoon: *glances over at her and denies repeatedly*

During the car ride to the guesthouse

- Captions: G.NA's bestie, Season 1 Romanticist Ji Hyun

- It's sweet how Ji Hyun's really worried about how G.NA's faring on the program and constantly checks up on her with a barrage of questions. :lol:

------------------------

- It's funny how Eun Young compared her feelings to the paintings around her at the art museum.

Eun Young: This work of art reflects what the inside of my mind looks like right now ... C o m p l i c a t e d ...

(Close-up of abstract painting 1.)

Eun Young: *points* This looks like the inside of my heart. *sighs + shakes head*

(Close-up of abstract painting 2.)

Eun Young: *hand gestures all over the place* I'm dizzy.

- Eun Young seems to be quite frank, laidback, and outspoken. She's got a radiant and winning smile and vivid expressions.

- I really liked the scene where Eun Young and N did their hand-holding mission.

Arriving at the airport and stepping out from the van

N: Let's hold hands here and start walking since we got much closer during the car ride. *bends down a bit and holds out hand tentatively* Eun Young grasps his hand and laces her fingers with his. *BGM starts and it's a lovely sight as they walk hand in hand into the terminal and up the stairs.

Eun Young's comments about the hand-holding mission were pretty hilarious. She seemed genuinely happy. :lol: :lol: :lol: Girl's got a good sense of humor.

Eun Young: *clasping her hands together in a reenactment of the hand-holding mission* I felt really happy. It was something I haven't done in a long time. I held his hand sincerely. My lonely hand met a friend so it was really happy about it. *complete with a flurry of hand gestures*

--------------------------

- Ji Won and Kevin's first meeting was especially romantic with "A Thousand Years" playing as BGM as they searched for each other in a street crowd.

- Kevin's comment on Ji Won's shining aura was cute.

- It's a pity that their parts were rather sparse so we didn't get to see much interaction between them.

- Perhaps contrary to her demure(?) appearance, Ji Won seems to be a girl who isn't one to shy away from taking the initiative and is quite forthright. She's showing an apparent interest in Min Hyuk and her actions/words reflect that as well.

At the supermarket

Captions: Min Hyuk and Ji Won choosing ingredients together.

Ji Won: Who picked this? *points at item in grocery cart*\

Min Hyuk: This? I did.

Ji Won: *wide smile* You like this?

Min Hyuk: Do you not like it?

---------------------

At the guesthouse

- While the others are busy hovering about the computer and discussing their songs, Ji Won stays by Min Hyuk and washes off the cracked eggs with him. The captions point out how natural it seems when they're performing tasks together.

- Ji Won initiates conversation about an important(?!) topic .

Ji Won: When was your most recent dating relationship?

Min Hyuk: The beginning of last year (2011).

Ji Won: What's the biggest age gap you've had with your significant other?

Min Hyuk: (Someone) older than me by five years.

Ji Won: Five years?

Ye Won: Older than you (by five years)?

Min Hyuk: *points finger upwards*

Ji Won: (You're) 23? Then, (she's) 28!

Min Hyuk: *nods*

Captions: 25 years old Ji Won and 24 years old Ye Won ... It's possible! (for them to pair with Min Hyuk since he has no qualms about dating an older girl)

N then asks Ye Won the same question and startles her.

N: When was your most recent dating relationship?

Ye Won: *startled/unsettled look*

Min Hyuk: Don't be nervous.

Ye Won: *gives Kevin, who's from the same company, a pointed look*

Kevin: Why are you looking at me?
Min Hyuk: Hyung, do tell if you know.

Ye Won: Kevin doesn't know. It's a secret. *shows Kevin the shushing gesture*

Kevin: Oh?

Ye Won: It's a secret. Don't say anything. Not even to the other members.

Min Hyuk: Only reveal it to those of us here. Only to us.

Ye Won: Don't mention it to other ZE:A members.

Kevin: Okay okay.

N: Even your members don't know?

Ye Won: My members all know.

Captions: When was Ye Won's latest dating relationship?

Ye Won: The beginning of this year (2012).

N: It hasn't been that long.

Kevin: Ye Won, you're a bold girl.

Ye Won: What?

Kevin: *mimics Ye Won* The beginning of this year. The beginning of this year. The beginning of this year.

Ye Won: *covers face with hand*

Guest ryeesa

Lol @coffeebeanie right how could I forget the editing is pretty good, also it is the first episode there could be some surprise pairings this season as well.

I agree about Kevin/Jiwon the same with N/Enyoung we didnt get to see them that much hopefully they will get more screentime. Kevin was so cute in the car especially when he was trying to find a way to move her.

Guest Joezizi

i wish they will show more of Kevin and Jiwon moments and N and Eunyoung moments...i found that N and Eunyoung pair is quite cute..Eunyoung personality make me a girl attracted to see her..lol..:D

Guest ryeesa

@temperateclimate thank you for some of the conversation translation, the night one seems really interesting lol at Yewon being nervous about her dating history, she wanted it to be a secret but now everyone will know. Also so cute that Jihyun keeps checking up on Gna. I agree about Enyoung she seems really cool also she is stunning, she does have a really nice smile.

Guest Joezizi

i like it when jonghoon say yewon-ssi in the preview and then laugh a bit..charming!..but i wanna see other people also..what happen to them nxt week?curious..

Guest little girl1430292144

I only watch the preview for the next week because I'm not really interest for this season.From the preview,I think JongHoon looks like Jei,JB and Mir.JongHoon really x100 likes Yewon,Jei-Jun. K , JB and Mir-Jei.JiHyun&HyungSik and HyeJeong&Jun. K are destinied to be together although HyeJeong bacome Jun. K's partner starting from necklace shuffle.But they (HyeJeong&Jun. K) actually have their moment starting from day 1 (when they at market) . And,I have feeling this season will be more conflicts. 

#Jei singing Narsha's song (I'm in Love) at a radio show.I have stong feeling that she watch TR&I every sunday without miss it.That's why she singing this song 

interesting episode!it's very hard to pick my favorite pairing yet.so far i like all of them.i am excited to see joghyun's game to get close to yewon.i am happy too yewon was on the spotlight. she always being teased the least attractive in invincible youth due to her outgoing character.
thanks for all the update/link/post everybody ^^

Guest crimsonredd5

Hi first time posting here... I'm so addicted to this show since Season 1! My fave couple from the said season is Jihyun & Hyunsik. I kinda like JB and Seungah's "heartbreaking" story. It got me glued to the show because I feel so much for Seungah. I was misty eyed while watching the last episode of Season 1. LOL 

I'm also kinda sad that Kevin did't get much airtime. I'm surprised that some of you did notice that too. I hope future episodes will show more of him, and I hope he'll find someone he truly likes because apparently the Spica Girl, I forgot her name, sorry, doesn't seem interested much in him. Is it Jiwon? Anyway,  it's the vibe I get by watching the raw file. 
Yeewon is very interesting to watch! She's so funny!!! 
@ temperateclimate - Thank you for the translation! You're awesome!

Guest xbeybidollx

here is the english subbed version woah! i want Yewon and Jonghyun since Minhyuk a bit over confident that Yewon likes him hmmm... and Jiwon obviously making cute gestures infront of Jonghyun and Minhyuk but since Jonghyun rejected her when she tried to help him carrying something she felt ahhh he is cold towards me but when he start talking to Minhyuk he responded so she is going for Minhyuk I notice Jiwon started or initiated for both conversation on the two guys.. Jonghyun dont give up on Yewon fighting!!! ;) By the way i saw in Jonghyun profile he hates princess like girls so maybe thats why he cold towards Jiwon hehehe... and he likes cute outgoing girlt he very caring and attentive to Yewon obviously he has a crush on her. ^^
S2 EP 01 ENG SUB

PART 1 : http://youtu.be/AFClyquP8w0
PART 2 : http://youtu.be/GRtRXtD9ijw
PART 3 : http://youtu.be/CImfDPa3WG8
PART 4 : http://youtu.be/VODmvAkVcac

cr:HDsubsTV1

follow: http://theromanticandidol.tumblr.com/

@temperateclimate Thanks for the translation@xbeybidollx Thanks for the eng sub

So far I will say I like the N & Eunyoung pairing the most. I like their shy and awkward interaction. They have a feel of highschooler. Aren't they the youngest ones?Yewon & Minhyuk have a good chemistry together but I am a bit iffy on where Minhyuk really stands, he is such an awkward cutie pie, he seems to always be about to destroy something LOL.Jonghoon seemed content at first with GNa but the entrance of Yewon in the picture just erased her in his mind, he seems to be a man with focus, his approach is better than Mir so far.Jiwon like Jonghoon seemed to like her first partner Kevin, but it was clear from their interaction at the Mart and later in the house that she is aiming for Minhyuk.  I believe this season will be as interesting as the previous ones. In this ones the participants seemed to not as open as the previous ones they are a litlle bit more guarded on their feelings apart from GNa and Yewon since it is plain obvious that these two girls were extremly statisfied with who they were paired with at first.
I really hope Jonghoon wont be able to put himself between Yewon & Minhuyk they are just too precious together the bubbly girl and the awkward cutie. I really hope Kevin will be able to get Jiwon to his side he is charming and a real gentleman.
@lentong Maybe they will get their airtime in the coming episodes like last season. I believe that the PD's like to focus on the more known idols in the first episodes to attract viewers and build our interest towards the lesser known ones by teasing us with a small amount of them shown.

mguemon said: @temperateclimate Thanks for the translation@xbeybidollx Thanks for the eng sub

So far I will say I like the N & Eunyoung pairing the most. I like their shy and awkward interaction. They have a feel of highschooler. Aren't they the youngest ones?Yewon & Minhyuk have a good chemistry together but I am a bit iffy on where Minhyuk really stands, he is such an awkward cutie pie, he seems to always be about to destroy something LOL.Jonghoon seemed content at first with GNa but the entrance of Yewon in the picture just erased her in his mind, he seems to be a man with focus, his approach is better than Mir so far.Jiwon like Jonghoon seemed to like her first partner Kevin, but it was clear from their interaction at the Mart and later in the house that she is aiming for Minhyuk.  I believe this season will be as interesting as the previous ones. In this ones the participants seemed to not as open as the previous ones they are a litlle bit more guarded on their feelings apart from GNa and Yewon since it is plain obvious that these two girls were extremly statisfied with who they were paired with at first.
I really hope Jonghoon wont be able to put himself between Yewon & Minhuyk they are just too precious together the bubbly girl and the awkward cutie. I really hope Kevin will be able to get Jiwon to his side he is charming and a real gentleman.
@lentong Maybe they will get their airtime in the coming episodes like last season. I believe that the PD's like to focus on the more known idols in the first episodes to attract viewers and build our interest towards the lesser known ones by teasing us with a small amount of them shown.

Guest mooi1921

After watching the english subbed, I will say that I like N and Eunyoung  pairing the most. N, for me looks so sincere and I think he is into first impression and  hopefully it will last..I also felt bad for G.Na, but that's the twist of the show..And we can't blame Jonghoon, he really like Yewon even before.
Well, I'm just gonna wait what will happen, and i can't wait till next Sunday:)

omg! of course the show is more interesting with eng sub.
i think i am with @mooi1921 and support N and eunyoung pairing ^^ both of them are easy going and pretty lay back. i think eunyong will have a date with kevin later? 
and i just noticed jonghoon and minhyuk chose yewon even before they knew she will join them in the show. lucky yewon both guys are good looking!
i think minhyuk approached his interest with a bad boy vibe. he said yewon is pretty but jokingly point out her hairband. he chose yewon during the initial interview but jokingly told yewon he was a little bit dissapointed when she appeared. lol. i think because he knew yewon's outgoing persona.
does it mean kevin will ended up with g-na as the rest sort of partnered? 3 more days to the next episode.

@mguemon about N/Enyoung being the youngest I think that Minhyuk is younger then N.

So far I do like all the couples but it is still early days and we dont know who will be liking who next episode and what couples will form. I am really looking forward to the dates and different interactions. About GNA I am also worried that the guys will just view her as the noona but we will have to wait and see she may connect with someone else. I felt quite bad that both GNA and Kevin were not picked but hopefully that will not always be the case. Also I would like to see them two on a date.

When N/Enyoung were in the mart and they were talking about Japaguri after there was a brief preview with Kevin/Enyoung and she asked him if he knew what Japaguri was and how she would make it for him and suddenly got teary eyed? I really want to know what exactly happened for her to react like that?

missauditor said: omg! of course the show is more interesting with eng sub.
i think i am with @mooi1921 and support N and eunyoung pairing ^^ both of them are easy going and pretty lay back. i think eunyong will have a date with kevin later? 
and i just noticed jonghoon and minhyuk chose yewon even before they knew she will join them in the show. lucky yewon both guys are good looking!
i think minhyuk approached his interest with a bad boy vibe. he said yewon is pretty but jokingly point out her hairband. he chose yewon during the initial interview but jokingly told yewon he was a little bit dissapointed when she appeared. lol. i think because he knew yewon's outgoing persona.
does it mean kevin will ended up with g-na as the rest sort of partnered? 3 more days to the next episode.

Archived