[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

Btw I´m not familiar with the people rumoured to be in season 3, but if it´s true what I hope from them is that they be more open and genuine about their feelings and personality. I felt that season 1 casts came on the show and was really truthful. We got to know then a lot and we came to like them that way. In this season the members are kind of reserved and we cant see their intentions and personality at all. I mean Eunyoung, Kevin and Gna is kind of reserved and Pd would describe them with as a reserved person with a few words.

I don´t think that´s good, cause how are viewers supposed to connect with them then? HyeJeong was kind of reserved too, but Jun.K etc kind of got her out from her shell, and JB showed too much truth in himself xD But at least we liked it and we knew him better.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shipping Yewon-Jong Hyun so hard!!!!
I hope Yewon wont stick on Minhyuk, I'll pick a determined man over an indecisive one any day. Plus a man so handsome, with such a beautiful smile, I'm melting... what are waiting for, Yewon? Grab him, girl. You won the lottery.

Guest little girl1430292144

[RUMOUR] Cube girls also rumoured in the list (again) for R&I season 3.. either A Pink / 4 Minute 

Hmm.. I have a feeling Yewon might've picked Jonghoon because 1) even though the bus ride home was seating of their choice, she sat away from Minhyuk (probably upset from overhearing the Jiwon necklace thing) B) she's probably upset at him and thinks he wants to be with Jiwon so she wanted to let them be, c) she has a feeling Jonghoon likes her and  d) in the previews for the ep before this (Jonghoon closer and closer lol) you can see that after (or maybe before? HMM) the reveal, Minhyuk moved away as Jonghoon approached and Kevin was all like "knowing smile", and Minhyuk looked on glumly as Jonghoon and Yewon were all giggly together.. Sigh... have to wait till Sunday again! 

Btw came across this pic of Kevin:ze_a_s_kevin__11092010221536.jpg?w=248&hand I have got to say, he looks so much better with this haircut! 
Source: ethelisao

in next eps, i cant wait to see how yewon- jonghun 's chemistry, how bout g.na 's date with other guy, how if jiwon really in date with n, eun young - kevin's date before is not that bad, but how if g.na in dates with minhyuk, or minhyuk is with eunyeong , then kevin with g.na?  kevin is too reserve because he dont hv any/many experince in dating.. i wish he will open up a lil bit..  its a lot of mess up next week.. but i still cant wait to watch it.. even in life , blind dates is always this mess.. 

an honest opinion/suggestion for the 3rd season of TRI participant,
DONT PUT LOT OF FEELINGS IN 1ST PERSON U MEET, DONT BE HAPPY TO BE IN THIS PROGRAM, DONT PUT YOUR HOPE TOO HIGH,
BECAUSE U MAY NOT AS HAPPY AS  JIHYUNSHIK... 

I'm back from my holidays so I had to catch up on the last 2 episodes of Romantic & Idol Season 1.
To say the final selection was predictable is an understatement. My OTP even though I wanted to strangle the guy out of his little 2D world :- JBxSEUNGAH. We all saw it coming that he would stay but what I was waiting for was the turn around or reasoning. Even he said he didn't know why when he stayed & he said he thought about it a lot the night before and this was his decision. I honestly don't know if I by it or not, on one hand I was like "YAY !! he finally clicked at how awesome she is" but then on the other hand I thought "Why all of a sudden at the FINAL SELECTION, did you not want to end up alone ?!". From the looks of it he did seem happy or relieved that he had finally reached this point but did anyone else notice by the end JB was initiating the skin-ship whilst Seung Ah wasn't responding (The hug anyone ?!!) LOL. I have too many feels when it comes to this pairing, it really was like watching a drama - those sad melodrama's about unrequited love etc.

As for Season 2 - I have yet to watch an episode but I'm interested because of Gina & Jiwon (I'm a WG's fan so I have a soft spot for Yubins fellow 5Girls members) BUT from what I've read people are feeling sorry for Gina and are saying she might end up like Seung Ah, which is honestly surprising to me because I thought she would've had the boys lining up to date her. Also screen time I heard alot has been dedicated to Minhyuk-Yewon-Jonghoon with a dose of everyone else, which I hope changes because besides the two I've mentioned before from the teasers alone I was initially drawn to Kevin & Eunyeong that I even researched their names which says alot considering besides Gina & Jiwon I don't know anyone else within the cast. I'll wait it out for the next episode and then start watching LOL.

I just thought I would like to chuck a couple of names of people I would love to see on the show :-
Wonder Girls - Park Ye Eun
2NE1 - Park Bom
f(X) - Luna
Soloist - Ailee
Infinite - L
BIGBANG - T.O.P
C-Clown - Kang Jun
Soloist - Jay Park

@mooi1921 thank you.

How many episodes are there this season? Four or six? It is moving very fast. I have also noticed that the personal interviews are also triangle focused we dont get to know how the others are feeling? I am hoping they will focus on the others in the remaining episodes.

Also random but where was N when they were going back?

About Minhyuk I know some people view him as a player but it has only been two days for them, I cant really fault him for wanting to get to know the others too. I think it would have been better if like the original they stayed longer because four days is quite short and you are expected to say who you like after a day or two. But saying that I know he is interested in Jiwon but I don't understand why he would say he wanted Jiwon to pick the necklace when Yewon was right next to him that was really tactless.

I understand that Jonghoon was trying to use the aquarium outing wisely and really wanted to get to know and spend time with Yewon but the GNA part was really cold he just ignored her. Even when Minhyuk came to stand next to them and Yewon attention was on Minhyuk he wasnt happy, it is like he wanted no one to disturb them. I guess he will be really happy on his date this week.

I agree with what most of you guys had suggested. And just my 2 cents, I think that Minhyuk is physically attracted to Jiwon, but it's like not a really meaningful "i like you". He seem to quite like Yewon, although there is no determination (lol, pun, you get it). Minhyuk totally seems like a player to me. He is sexy/ handsome and he knows it. He knows for sure that 2 girls like him and both Yewon and Jiwon showed their apparent interest in him. And... and I still ship him with Yewon. 'Cause I like Yewon.
Btw, Minhyuk might also have complicated feelings as to what to do if he knows about Jonghoon. I mean, Jonghoon is  his senior and Minhyuk may prefer not to spoil senior-junoir relationship due to this show.

Also... last season, Mir, Jei, Jihyun, etc. were all saying how it feels real and they're confused, and they are thinking really hard about their choices and feelings, etc. In one word, the emphasis is on the word REAL. I dunno why, but apart from Yewon, Jonghoon, and Gna, I don't feel this notion from others. It could be because of the editing (how we barely see the other 3-4 people). Or due to some other reason.

3 more episodes left, right? Oh, I hope no one will be left during the final choice (worried about some of the people)...

plliar said: I agree with what most of you guys had suggested. And just my 2 cents, I think that Minhyuk is physically attracted to Jiwon, but it's like not a really meaningful "i like you". He seem to quite like Yewon, although there is no determination (lol, pun, you get it). Minhyuk totally seems like a player to me. He is sexy/ handsome and he knows it. He knows for sure that 2 girls like him and both Yewon and Jiwon showed their apparent interest in him. And... and I still ship him with Yewon. 'Cause I like Yewon.
Btw, Minhyuk might also have complicated feelings as to what to do if he knows about Jonghoon. I mean, Jonghoon is  his senior and Minhyuk may prefer not to spoil senior-junoir relationship due to this show.

Also... last season, Mir, Jei, Jihyun, etc. were all saying how it feels real and they're confused, and they are thinking really hard about their choices and feelings, etc. In one word, the emphasis is on the word REAL. I dunno why, but apart from Yewon, Jonghoon, and Gna, I don't feel this notion from others. It could be because of the editing (how we barely see the other 3-4 people). Or due to some other reason.

3 more episodes left, right? Oh, I hope no one will be left during the final choice (worried about some of the people)...

Guest Princeinshadow

I'm particularly interested in this loveline between Joonghoon,Minhyuk,Jiwon and Ye Won. So i made some random observation on each of them.

JoongHoon is someone who is definite with his feelings and prepared to be in serious relationship. That's why he able to put his full efforts and boldly approach the girl he interested. Just give him a chance to date with Ye Won and i'm pretty sure they will officially be a couple.

Ye Won obviously really like Minhyuk earlier on their date. Unfortunately up until their trip to the aquarium, her feelings slowly fade away. Therefore, i'm pretty sure she will fall for JoongHoon gentleness and efforts to win her heart, added with the fact that he doesnt treat her in the same way with other girls. Which something she think that Minhyuk did. Although i can't find exact scene where he did that beside talking about the necklace with Ji Won.

Jiwon feelings is too obvious that he likes Minhyuk. But it can't be definite until both of them date together.

Different case with MinHyuk. He may seems comfortable and easy going but he is this type of guy who unable to convey his feelings through words easily. He's this type of guy who prefer to tease the girl he like and usually compliment her only when he feel that she really need that assurance and confident. And his feelings usually come out more through his action which is sometime hard to be interpreted by girls and he simply not a sweet talker.

So who does Minhyuk really like? Jiwon or Ye Won?

As a guy myself. I've found several hints which may indicate that MinHyuk like Ye Won VERY MUCH.. This is from men perspective, so it may not seems to be a signs of affection for women.

1. From the earlier episode, Minhyuk really like to tease Ye Won. This sometimes done by a guy if he want her to be comfortable with him.

2. He always show some concerns to Ye Won despite his preserve personality. He always looking out for her and asking if she's okay like when he helped her carrying groceries, and asking either she slept well before the necklace selection event. Usually, it's hard for a guy to asked someone feelings/condition unless he become interested in her.

3. He was dancing randomly when he realize that Ye Won picks his necklace even though he said its for Ji Won. For someone who is composed and acting cool, that action is totally out of pure shock+excitement. For girls it may seems just like another crazy/playful act, but for a guy yes, love can make you become crazy sometimes.

Its the same thing happened to a guy when he was watching a football and went out crazy after the team they love so much finally scored. (Yes, it's a different feelings but i'm actually emphasizing on this action as a sign of pure excitement and joy). In other words, Minhyuk was really happy to have a another date with YeWon.

4. He try to have a lots of skinship. He may be abit shy earlier in the car, but later he someway did a lot of several small gestures which become a sign of a men affection toward a girl. Like randomly caressing Ye Won hair, and slowly sitting closer to Ye Won after he put on the necklace and holding Ye Won hand and shoulder while doing selca on the hill.

And the ultimate skinship which i believe make him and any guy heart explode is when they're doing the back hugging mission especially when Ye Won suddenly hug him, i can tell he's a bit shocked and but i can tell you he really want to enjoy that moment forever and kiss her. (see how his face doing a few turns to get closer to Ye Won face when she hugged him). He literally holding his real intention due to the camera man. (damn camera man!)

5. He always doing Selca with her. this couple really love doing selca. There's only 1 possible reason. He wants her to always stay close with him and this selca thing is just an excuse. See other couple, and see the pattern of taking selca between couple who have affection to each other and couple who does not.

6. Seeing how Minhyuk trying to approach Ye Won after they arrived at the aquarium, but later cover up his real intention with random wit after been interrogated by Ye Won and JoongHoon.

7. He took a long stare to Ye Won dancing to Joonghoon even though N was busily trying to make a selca with him. MinHyuk obviously jealous with Ye Won getting closer to JoongHoon.

8. Its not like he don't want to be with Ye won during the tour. But as Jiwon was left behind(cuz she went to toilet maybe),he had to accompany her doing the whole trip. So we never know the whole story.

9. And finally, after they finished the trip and entered the bus to went back home, he obviously want to sit beside Ye Won as he take a glimpse of Ye Won behind him and going towards Ye Won seat before the trip(back far right corner,while Jiwon was sitting in the far left corner) . Unfortunately Ye Won changed her sit.

So how about Ji Won?
This is harder to guess since they had less airtime together even though both of them stayed together during the aquarium trip . But I'm not denying that he may felt some affection toward Ji Won. But i don't think his affection toward Ji Won is as strong as his affection toward Ye Won. At least not yet. Even though there are some hints available, most of the time it happened when he being with other people especially Ye Won . So it may seems like an act out of curiosity and be helpful.

Some hints
1. He helped her doing the cleaning and picking groceries.
2. He intended to give her the necklace.
Things may changed later on. :)

Guest crashpurple

Jonghoon and yewon !!!!!
Im Jonghoon bias even from the first interview he did say he wanted to see yewon on the show...
And he didnt change his choice, He was good to Gna on their dates but I think he is the type who can't pretend especially that he is already fixated on getting a date with yewon.

I guess I see abit of me in Jonghoon...

@ inxomnia,
Yeah, it's hard to understand the reason as to why he said that to Jiwon: 1) He really meant it and he was a bit upset that it wasn't her, so he expressed his feelings? 2) There wasn't really anything to talk about and so he blurted that out... but really, I don't know what exactly could have been his reason.

@ Princeinshadow,
Wow, that was awesome! I remember each moment that you described. Ah, hopefully, Minhyuk will fight for Yewon!

Princeinshadow said: I'm particularly interested in this loveline between Joonghoon,Minhyuk,Jiwon and Ye Won. So i made some random observation on each of them.

JoongHoon is someone who is definite with his feelings and prepared to be in serious relationship. That's why he able to put his full efforts and boldly approach the girl he interested. Just give him a chance to date with Ye Won and i'm pretty sure they will officially be a couple.

Ye Won obviously really like Minhyuk earlier on their date. Unfortunately up until their trip to the aquarium, her feelings slowly fade away. Therefore, i'm pretty sure she will fall for JoongHoon gentleness and efforts to win her heart, added with the fact that he doesnt treat her in the same way with other girls. Which something she think that Minhyuk did. Although i can't find exact scene where he did that beside talking about the necklace with Ji Won.

Jiwon feelings is too obvious that he likes Minhyuk. But it can't be definite until both of them date together.

Different case with MinHyuk. He may seems comfortable and easy going but he is this type of guy who unable to convey his feelings through words easily. He's this type of guy who prefer to tease the girl he like and usually compliment her only when he feel that she really need that assurance and confident. And his feelings usually come out more through his action which is sometime hard to be interpreted by girls and he simply not a sweet talker.

So who does Minhyuk really like? Jiwon or Ye Won?

As a guy myself. I've found several hints which may indicate that MinHyuk like Ye Won VERY MUCH.. This is from men perspective, so it may not seems to be a signs of affection for women.

1. From the earlier episode, Minhyuk really like to tease Ye Won. This sometimes done by a guy if he want her to be comfortable with him.

2. He always show some concerns to Ye Won despite his preserve personality. He always looking out for her and asking if she's okay like when he helped her carrying groceries, and asking either she slept well before the necklace selection event. Usually, it's hard for a guy to asked someone feelings/condition unless he become interested in her.

3. He was dancing randomly when he realize that Ye Won picks his necklace even though he said its for Ji Won. For someone who is composed and acting cool, that action is totally out of pure shock+excitement. For girls it may seems just like another crazy/playful act, but for a guy yes, love can make you become crazy sometimes.

Its the same thing happened to a guy when he was watching a football and went out crazy after the team they love so much finally scored. (Yes, it's a different feelings but i'm actually emphasizing on this action as a sign of pure excitement and joy). In other words, Minhyuk was really happy to have a another date with YeWon.

4. He try to have a lots of skinship. He may be abit shy earlier in the car, but later he someway did a lot of several small gestures which become a sign of a men affection toward a girl. Like randomly caressing Ye Won hair, and slowly sitting closer to Ye Won after he put on the necklace and holding Ye Won hand and shoulder while doing selca on the hill.

And the ultimate skinship which i believe make him and any guy heart explode is when they're doing the back hugging mission especially when Ye Won suddenly hug him, i can tell he's a bit shocked and but i can tell you he really want to enjoy that moment forever and kiss her. (see how his face doing a few turns to get closer to Ye Won face when she hugged him). He literally holding his real intention due to the camera man. (damn camera man!)

5. He always doing Selca with her. this couple really love doing selca. There's only 1 possible reason. He wants her to always stay close with him and this selca thing is just an excuse. See other couple, and see the pattern of taking selca between couple who have affection to each other and couple who does not.

6. Seeing how Minhyuk trying to approach Ye Won after they arrived at the aquarium, but later cover up his real intention with random wit after been interrogated by Ye Won and JoongHoon.

7. He took a long stare to Ye Won dancing to Joonghoon even though N was busily trying to make a selca with him. MinHyuk obviously jealous with Ye Won getting closer to JoongHoon.

8. Its not like he don't want to be with Ye won during the tour. But as Jiwon was left behind(cuz she went to toilet maybe),he had to accompany her doing the whole trip. So we never know the whole story.

9. And finally, after they finished the trip and entered the bus to went back home, he obviously want to sit beside Ye Won as he take a glimpse of Ye Won behind him and going towards Ye Won seat before the trip(back far right corner,while Jiwon was sitting in the far left corner) . Unfortunately Ye Won changed her sit.

So how about Ji Won?
This is harder to guess since they had less airtime together even though both of them stayed together during the aquarium trip . But I'm not denying that he may felt some affection toward Ji Won. But i don't think his affection toward Ji Won is as strong as his affection toward Ye Won. At least not yet. Even though there are some hints available, most of the time it happened when he being with other people especially Ye Won . So it may seems like an act out of curiosity and be helpful.

Some hints
1. He helped her doing the cleaning and picking groceries.
2. He intended to give her the necklace.
Things may changed later on. :)

it's also hard to judge because they don't really show interections between say Yewon and N. The 2 of them were supposed to have a date. Did they talk, at least on the bus?
The editing made emphasis on how Yewon is playing a game with Jonghoon, while Minhyuk was sleeping. So, how much did Minhyuk and Jiwon really spent time talking to each other? This is why it's really hard to judge about Minhyuk's feelings towards Jiwon. I read that the people behind this show usually don't use scripts and I like the team/pd-nims so far, but I wonder how much they played with editing in order for some couples to look certain way (especially in this season).

There is also this disbalance, compared to the 1st season, where you get to know so much about specific people like Yewon and Jonghoon, while we basically have no idea what's up with Kevin, N, and the girl whose name I don't even remember (she was paired with N on the 1st date). Like is it because of the storyline or is it the fault of these people (Kevin and others). Aigoo...

Guest xbeybidollx

Xamjil said: I'm shipping Yewon-Jong Hyun so hard!!!!
I hope Yewon wont stick on Minhyuk, I'll pick a determined man over an indecisive one any day. Plus a man so handsome, with such a beautiful smile, I'm melting... what are waiting for, Yewon? Grab him, girl. You won the lottery.

plliar said: it's also hard to judge because they don't really show interections between say Yewon and N. The 2 of them were supposed to have a date. Did they talk, at least on the bus?
The editing made emphasis on how Yewon is playing a game with Jonghoon, while Minhyuk was sleeping. So, how much did Minhyuk and Jiwon really spent time talking to each other? This is why it's really hard to judge about Minhyuk's feelings towards Jiwon. I read that the people behind this show usually don't use scripts and I like the team/pd-nims so far, but I wonder how much they played with editing in order for some couples to look certain way (especially in this season).

There is also this disbalance, compared to the 1st season, where you get know so much about specific people like Yewon and Jonghoon, while we basically have no idea what's up with Kevin, N, and the girls whose name I don't even remember (she was paired with N on the 1st date). Like is it because of the storyline or is it the fault of these people (Kevin and others). Aigoo...

Archived