[Movie 2012] Love 911 / 반창꼬/ Bandage

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Finecut bolsters slate ahead of EFM

By Jean Noh | Screendaily

Korean sales agent Finecut has picked up a slew of films including auteur director Hong Sang-soo’s Berlinale competition film Nobody’s Daughter Haewon and upcoming action thriller Rough Play, written and produced by Kim Ki-duk.

The company also picked up Fatal in the festival’s Panorama section. A controversial thriller about a former adolescent sex offender and his struggle for redemption, Lee Don-gu’s feature debut made its world premiere in the last Busan film fest’s New Currents competition.

The company’s market screenings include Miracle In Cell No. 7, a human drama about a father with the IQ of a child who is falsely imprisoned and his six-year-old daughter who manages to sneaks into his cell.

Another, featuring pan-Asian stars Ko Soo and Han Hyo-joo, Love 911 tells of the romance that grows between a desperate firefighter and an ambitious doctor who approaches him with a hidden agenda.

Finecut also has hotly anticipated crime thriller New World, starring Lee Jung-jae from The Housemaid, Choi Min-shik from Oldboy and Hwang Jung-min from The Unjust.

The film centres on an undercover cop in Korea’s largest crime organization, torn by loyalties in the midst of a major police sweep operation. It is directed by Park Hoon-jung, whose writing credits include I Saw The Devil andUnjust.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[HanCinema's Box Office Review] January

By C.J Wheeler | Hancinema

It was a hard month for foreign films here in Korea as January favoured three local films that, between them, held a tight grip on the ticket sales. Lee Hwan-gyeong's "Miracle in Cell No.7" may have stolen the show in the last weekend of the month, but it was Kim Ji-hoon's fiery epic "The Tower" and Jo Jin-kyoo's 5th comedy "Man on the Edge" that held that top position until then. In the foreign corner, two adaptations stood out in the form of the musical drama "Les Misérables" and "Life of Pi". The former has grossed $38.6 million over its six week run in Korean theatres, with "The Tower" close behind on $34.4 million.

Released late in December, Kim Ji-hoon's "The Tower" was offered a warm welcome into 2013 with 812,841 admissions (32.8%), and by January's last weekend it had amassed more than 5 million. Over the course of month the films that held the top spot did so with an average of 931,984 admissions, and second with 477,669. "The Tower" was above this average when it slipped to second in week two when Jo Jin-kyoo's comedy "Man on the Edge" hit the scene. "Man on the Edge" (previously known as "The Gangster Shaman") would eventually earn $24.6 million in three weeks, only to be dislodged in January's last weekend by "Miracle in Cell No.7" (starring Ryoo Seung-ryongOh Dal-soo and Park Won-sang) which pulled the highest opening weekend of the month with 1,350,291.

Tom Hooper adaptation "Les Misérables" (based off the popular 1862 French novel by Victor Hugo) has been nominated across most of the Oscar's and British Academy Film Awards major categories; the results of which will be revealed at their respected ceremonies on the 24th and 10th of February. This musical drama never fell further than 5th and ended the month having grossed a total $38.2 million in Korea alone. The first weekend of February will mark the film's seventh week in the charts. The other adaptation that will be competing at the 85th Academy Awards is Ang Lee's "Life of Pi" from novel by Canadian author Yarn Martel. "Life of Pi" was released on the 1st and rounded out the month having claimed 1.5 millions admissions ($13.9 million).

posterphoto279153.jpeg

Jeong Gi-hoon's "Love 911" (with Ko Soo and Han Hyo-joo) was the other Korean film that was on its way out after its pre-Christmas release. This romantic comedy fell out of favour in week three and walked away from the race with a respectable 2.5 million admissions ($16.4 million). 

Even the presence of Korean actress Bae Doona wasn't able to save "Cloud Atlas" which struggle to reach 500,000 admissions. Surprisingly, despite Korea's general love and appreciation for animations, two Oscar nominated animated features ("Wreck-It-Ralph" and "Hotel Transylvania"), both failed to reach a million admissions and were ultimately trumped by a number of popular and acclaimed live-action features. However a little love was shown when Park Yeong-gyoon's "Pororo, The Racing Adventure" came into the fray late in the month, entering at number three with 312,874 admissions in its first and only weekend thus far. Kim Seong-hoon-III's debut "My Little Hero" came in and out in week two, and was quickly ejected as it slumped to just 184,903 admissions.

Next month's releases have already begun to make their presence felt, starting with Ryoo Seung-wan's action thriller "The Berlin File". The film stars Ha Jeong-wooHan Seok-KyuRyoo Seung-beomJeon Ji-hyeon, and has already pull together 905,044 admissions ($5.9 million) since its release on the 30th. Some other Korean film that are set for release are "How to Use Guys with Secret Tips" by the debutant Lee Won-seokKim Tae-gon's "The Sunshine Boys", Park Myeong-rang's thriller "Anger Ethics", Park Hoon-jeong-I's "The New World" and Hong Sang-soo's "Nobody's Daughter Haewon" coming in at the end of February.

For those who knows Chinese, here is Chinese subbed version. :)Click on 'Download' then 'Direct Download'. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1oe1omzqpu8ng0/%5B%E5%88%9B%E5%8F%AF%E8%B4%B4%5D.Banchangkko.2012.HDTV-MP4.720X396.X264-YYeTs_%E9%9F%A9%E5%89%A7%E7%B2%BE%E7%81%B5%E5%8E%9F%E5%88%9B%E5%90%AC%E8%AF%91.mp4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest silverstarach

How I wish I can read chinese right now.. Enjoy peeps with the chinese subs..
Have to patiently wait for the english.. Thanks in advance to the subbing group who is working on it..

Guest Dee_zy

Hi, i was watching this movie inflight SIA last night & with 1/2 hr to go,it was time to land!!!!!!!!!!!!
 CAN U EVEN IMAGINE MY FRUSTRATIONS?? haha
They had eng subs! Now i'm gonna go pull my hair & have to wait it out for the eng subs.. *sighs* Why did they turn off the inflight entertainment when there was still 1/2 hour to go till landing.. *sobs*

Dee_zy said: Hi, i was watching this movie inflight SIA last night & with 1/2 hr to go,it was time to land!!!!!!!!!!!!
 CAN U EVEN IMAGINE MY FRUSTRATIONS?? haha
They had eng subs! Now i'm gonna go pull my hair & have to wait it out for the eng subs.. *sighs* Why did they turn off the inflight entertainment when there was still 1/2 hour to go till landing.. *sobs*

Finecut Slate Sells Ahead of FilmartBy Pierce Conran | KOBIZ

MIRACLE IN CELL NO. 7 and LOVE 911 Strong in Asia  kVCoUwZOkioLZczouRFK.jpg  Just before the official opening of the Hong Kong International Film &TV Market (FILMART), Korean distributor Finecut has announced a number of deals for its strong lineup. Miracle in Cell No. 7, the surprise hit comedy drama which has drawn over 12.4 million admissions and become the country’s third most successful film ever, has been sold to Comstock Group (Japan), Flash Forward Entertainment (Taiwan), Intercontinental Film Distributors (Hong Kong) and JoyNContents (Thailand). The popular romance Love 911 also secured a few deals, going to Twin (Japan), Eagle International (Taiwan) and Lotte Cinema (Vietnam).

Both of these titles, as well as the current hit gangster film New World, are expected to sell well during FILMART, which got underway yesterday and runs until March 21st. Other recent Finecut titles includeHONG Sangsoo’s Nobody’s Daughter Haewon and the debut LEE Don-ku drama Fatal.

7 Korean Films to Vacation in HawaiiBy Pierce Conran | KOBIZ

HIFF Spring Showcase Binges on Korean Cinema  rzAIxWhZLyUESxmLleQV.jpg
The Hawaii International Film Festival (HIFF) will hold its annual Spring Showcase from April 5th to 11th and out of a total of 33 films, seven hail from the Korean peninsula. HIFF has always been kind to Korean film, with its director of programming Anderson Le a frequent presence at major Korean film festivals. Boasting a mix of commercial and independent fare, this year’s showcase will feature: the hitman thriller A Company Manstarring SO Ji-sub; the Busan and Sundance award winning Jeju Massacre pic Jiseul from O Muel; the HAN Hyo-joo and KO Soo melodrama Love 911; the gangster shaman comedy Man on the Edge; the enormously successful prison comedy-dramaMiracle in Cell No. 7 (which recently became the third most successful Korean film of all time); KIM Ki-duk’s intense Golden Lion awarded drama Pieta; and the North Korea set romantic comedy Comrade Kim Goes Flying. Following The Thieves' audience award triumph for Best Narrative Feature during the last full edition of HIFF in October, there’s no doubt that these Korean hits should go down well with local viewers.

Guest Dee_zy

@adeleyam Hi, yes it was a on new release on SIA inflight entertainment!! I was so hooked on the story & got really frustrated when they turned the inflight tv off to land lol.. haha

Archived