[Movie 2012] Love 911 / 반창꼬/ Bandage

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Here is a translation on <Love 911> director Jeong Ki Hun's interview with Newsen. And I'm sorry if it sounded weird. 
Note: Related excerpt only.
"Before the start of filming of <Love 911>, Go Soo called to tell me that he is getting married."
Original article by Ha Soo Jung | NewsenChinese translation by HHJ BaiduEnglish translation by @adeleyam
Recently interviewed by Newsen, Director Jeong Ki Hun expressed that Go Soo and Han Hyo Joo are both good at swearing. Go Soo was already good at it and Han Hyo Joo became good only after special training on it. (Laughs) Han Hyo Joo created a comfortable atmosphere and Go Soo is not as introvert as he seems to be like. He is great at handling emergency situations but as he is stiff as a person, his stiffness is also shown when acting. I will also feel surprised but during the editing and calling CUT, I don't feel any sense of violation."
Jeong praised Go Soo's acting saying, "During the start of filming, Han Hyo Joo was rather unnatural. Only after she devoted all of her into Mi-Soo, things have started to change for the better. When filming the later part of the movie, her straight-to-the-point image enveloped the whole filming scene. Go Soo's acting had surpassed my expectations of him. The movie also contained comedy scenes so after watching the final video, I had a 'So he can also be in a comedy movie' thought in my mind. In <Love 911>, Kang-il is a role that needed high requirements on the acting skills. While working together, I saw the potential in him venturing into comedy and romance-related movies."
He continued, "It was way before Go Soo's marriage that he was to be included in the movie. He called me one day saying 'Director, you might get a shock but I have something to tell you: I am getting married'. After hearing this, I replied that 'What is there to be shocked about, this is something to be celebrated'. Instead I thought this turned out good; Kang-il in the movie had lost his wife in an accident. Go Soo told me this news beforehand and this would not hinder the filming."
Wanting to work with Go Soo and Han Hyo Joo again, Jeong recalled," The last day of filming was at a traffic-controlled road in Gangnam. Supposedly after shouting 'CUT, everyone had worked hard', it was meant to be happy but whimpers were heard instead. Hyo Joo couldn't stop crying, I told her 'Don't cry because it is a good day to look up at me'. That was when I felt 'Hyo Joo could not bear to leave this project'. Whenever I think of them, the filming process was very smooth from the beginning till the end."

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Love 911" One Of The Only Successful Melodramatic Films Of The New Year

By KDramaStars Staff Writer
074d1cba938314c19ded8c4eaa5967ba.jpg

The movie "Love 911" has been one of the successful melodramatic films of the new year. 

According to the AM Film Council Cinema Tickets integrated computer network aggregation results, the movie was shown on January 4th through 7th on 374 different screens. They had a total of 246,937 people that watched it on the weekend, with a total views of 2,221,828, which is 4th in the box office.
It is one of the only melodramatic movies that is placed top ten in the box office. 

"Love 911" is about a fire fighter named Kang Il (Go Soo) that risks his life to save other people, but is hurt, due to the fact that he could not save his own wife. It is also about a reckless doctor named Mi Soo (Han Hyo Joo) who faces dangers. It is about the two working move passed their problems.
The cold fire fighter Go Soo and reckless Han Hyo Joo shows their great acting, great dialogue and shows the story that creates laughter and movement.
Meanwhile, "Tower" had a weekend total of 812,841viewers, and a total of 3,539,879 to rank 1st place. "Les Miserables" had a weekend total of 525,258 people and total of 4,207,834 to be in 2nd place.

Go Soo and Han Hyo Joo Light Up the Magazine Pages in Couples Shoots for Love 911

By ockoala | A Koala's Playground
377773_10151336930873838_158902578_n_zps
I love that Han Hyo Joo is so open to experimenting in both her image and her projects. She burst onto the scene in Spring Waltz with her glorious long hair playing the type of bright Candy heroine K-dramas love to trot out onscreen. Since then she was a fresh-faced sageuk ingenue in Iljimae, then she lobbed off her hair into a short bob for Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy, and finally she donned royal sageuk attire for Dong YiShe’s been growing her hair out for the last few years but recently she sliced it all off again into the shortest look I’ve ever seen on her. She makes even an androgynous haircut look girly and sweet on her. Her latest romantic movie Love 911 (Korean title Bandage) with Go Soo has been doing solidly at the box office since its release in early December. I haven’t seen it yet but I love how spicy and forward Han Hyo Joo’s EMT character is with the object of her desire Go Soo’s broody widower firefighter. I don’t think I’ve seen Han Hyo Joo not have stellar chemistry with any of her male leads, drama or movie, and this time looks no different. If only she acted as well as she generated great onscreen chemistry, then she would be the whole package. To promote Love 911, there have been a bevy of photo spreads with Go Soo and Han Hyo Joo on the newsstands and each and every picture just lights my eyes up with the palpable chemistry and complementary levels of pretty. Up next for Go Soo is the movie The Road Home with Jeon Do Yeon (he must be so relieved he dropped out of the mess that is The Great Seer), while Han Hyo Joo is filming Surveillance (Stakeout) with Jung Woo Sung even though she could be resting and swimming in the double whammy box office bonanza of both Love 911 and her sageuk movie Masquerade with Lee Byung Hun. I doubt either of them will be back on television unless it was a high profile project but they’ve put in their drama dues and I’m so happy for their cinematic successes.
309474_10151336931093838_855009814_n_zps
aa_zps6176fb0e.jpg
holu6_zps62527032.jpg
181891_10151336931008838_458488553_n_zps
bb_zps29168fe9.jpg
holy2_zpsfe2a1f66.jpg
fudi_zpsecad0b99.jpg

January 11, 2013
What's Behind the Comeback of Romantic Movies?
The ChosunIlbo
Last year saw a renaissance of Korean film, and romantic movies were at the forefront. The genre saw its domestic box-office record renewed three times in 2012 alone.
Released in March, "Architecture 101" attracted 4.11 million viewers to become the most popular movie in the history of the genre here. But the record was soon broken by the 4.59 million who watched "All About My Wife," which hit cinemas two months later. Now "A Werewolf Boy" has already set another record, with 7.06 million viewers between its release in October and this Monday.
The trend continues, with "Love 911" luring 2.25 million viewers so far since its release last month.
The genre was immensely popular from the 1970s until it lost appeal in the mid-2000s. What are the reasons behind the resurgence?
2013011100359_0.jpg
◆ Strong Female Characters
Recent hit romantic movies all feature strong female characters. Women became more active in relationships, while most of the male characters are timid in the presence of women. 
Film critic Kang Yu-jung says the fate of women in romantic movies has traditionally depended on men, but now the roles are often reversed, reflecting a change in social realities. 
◆ More Mature Audiences
"Love Fiction," which drew 1.72 million viewers last year, portrayed a couple in their 30s, and "All About My Wife" a married couple in their mid-30s. "Architecture 101" is a love story between college freshmen but set in the year 1996. All therefore appealed to 30-somethings who went to college back then. 
The lead characters of "A Werewolf Boy" are in their teens, but oddly enough the largest group of the viewers was 30-somethings, followed by those in their 40s or over, according to Kim Hyung-ho of film site Max Movie said. "The movie is particularly popular among women in their 30s," he added.
The Korean film industry used to focus on viewers in their teens or 20s, film critic Jeon Chan-il said, but is now expanding its scope to appeal to a more mature audience.
◆ More Realistic Love Stories
"Love Fiction" and "All About My Wife" got a good response with their realistic portrayal of conflict between couples and of the seven-year itch. 
Shim Jae-myung, the producer of "Architecture 101," said that as the audience lost interest in tearjerkers, the film industry had to find a new way to appeal to them. Also, movies now tell stories in a more realistic way to distinguish themselves from TV soap operas.

Guest smal003

Hello,

Is this a made for TV Movie or for the Cinema?  We saw an advertisement on MBC-D (US TV) once but never again and we don't see it on their TV schedule.

bye,

January 11, 2013

Actor Ko Soo to Go on Date with Female Fan as Promised

The ChosunIlbo

2013011100696_0.jpg

Actor Ko Soo will go on a date with a lucky woman on Wednesday, as he promised earlier that he would take out one of the audience members of his new film "Love 911" as soon as it drew 2 million viewers. 

The film, which was released on Dec. 19, drew 2.31 viewers as of Wednesday. 

The winner, a college girl in her 20s, was selected by a lucky draw among those who posted a review of the movie along with a photo of their ticket on the film site Max Movie. 

On the date, the two will drink coffee, chat and watch a movie together.

[HanCinema's Film Review] "Love 911"

Kang-Il (played by Ko Soo) is a firefighter who is completely dedicated to saving lives. A little too dedicated, bizarrely enough. He has very little regard for his own security and willfully forces himself into dangerous situations just because. Mi-soo (played by Han Hyo-joo) has the opposite problem. She's a doctor who's willfully forced herself not to show empathy with her patients. The worst thing that can happen to a doctor's career, after all, is admitting any kind of fault- it's a major opening to lawsuits.

Not that Mi-Soo's a cold-hearted person by any means. She's bubbly, cheerful, and very forward- when she's with people she's allowed to empathize with, anyway. Contrast Kang Il. He refuses to have any fun under any circumstances. Yes, the life of a firefigher often involves danger- but it's also a job where they may be called on to do any other weird random task that no other public department is really designed for. In an early scene, the full squad has to ride out to a part of the freeway with gigantic bug-catching nets, for a purpose that's just about impossible to guess until they actually get there. It turns out to very comical and adorable.

But Kang-Il isn't having any of that. While his co-workers are having a good time, he just stands around refusing to show any emotion save for "this is definitely not fun". Enter Mi-Soo- who won't accept this as a proper response and tries to cute him into actually enjoying life. He refuses, in a way that's so deliberately unfunny it fully comes around and becomes funny again.

The dynamic between the two leads in "Love 911" constantly skirts around these boundaries. Kang-Il isn't just a sour guy who refuses to have fun. His past is such that it's difficult for him to process the idea that he's even allowed to have fun. He's a nice (and handsome) enough guy otherwise- but it's clear that he hates himself way too much for his own good. His co-workers in the fire department recognize this, and very deliberately enable Mi-Soo's aggressive flirting as much as possible. This leads to many funny situations similar to the one above- since Kang-Il could be rid of this annoying woman forever if only the rest of the fire department stopped helping her.

Mi-Soo gets just as much from this relationship. We see that she's a woman full of life and compassion, and can guess that this is why she wanted to become a doctor. Then we get a sharp contrast with her demeanor in the hospital scenes. She and Kang-Il both are taking their work too seriously- but for markedly different reasons that are surprisingly difficult to clearly compartmentalize. For them, simple platitudes aren't enough. They need contrast, and find it in each other.

That's what "Love 911" is about centrally. The effort that needs to be put into relationships, and the full appreciation of what you have and may some day lose- but not today, not if at all possible. It also recognizes that work and love are not independent spheres of our lives. Loving a person means being the best possible you so that they can be happy, too. It means that sacrifice has to come from that desire- not out of some determination to appropriately assign blame. It all makes for a very human message about relationships. "Love 911" has the laughs and drama necessary to be great watching on its own. But it's this deeper meaning that lets it linger on in my mind.

"Love 911" is directed by Jeong Gi-hoon and features Ko Soo and Han Hyo-joo

Review by William Schwartz. William Schwartz is an American currently living in Gyeongju, South Korea, where he studies Korean and themes in Korean media.

source: hancinema

*wow.. nice review :)

class="at_ttl ml10"Goo Soo Will Go a Date With A Fan

By KDramaStars Staff Writer

Actor Goo Soo will keep his promise and will go and enjoy a date with one of his fans.

Goo Soo promised in the release of his recent movie “Love 911” that if the movie reaches 2 million views, he will go on a date with a lucky fan.

On January 9th, “Love 911” reached the 2 million mark, and one fan was selected. Fans had to post a review of the movie, along with a picture of the movie ticket on the movie site “Max Movie”. The fan was selected at random among those who had entered the contest.

Actor and fan will enjoy a coffee date, along with a movie.

Goo Soo then made another promise as he said “If the movie hits the 4 million mark, I will have a another date with a fan. I will pick her up at her house, and joy a lovely date.”

“Love 911” starring Goo Soo and Han Hyo Joo, is about Kang Il is a masculine and rude man who has decided to close his heart due to bad experience in the past, while working he will meet Mi Soo a doctor who will help him heal his wounds. While saving other people's lives, these two will help and heal each other.

source : kdramastars

hello ppl! i'm so excited for the release of Love 911!! thank you floweragasshi! :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/I-SQv6B0/BCK_w_o_subs.htmlthis is a torrent file, just in case for people who cannot seemed to be able to dl from the post above.. :)my heart's beating so fast!! 

kawaiisome said: theobrominebeagle said: adeleyam said: hello ppl! i'm so excited for the release of Love 911!! thank you floweragasshi! :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/I-SQv6B0/BCK_w_o_subs.htmlthis is a torrent file, just in case for people who cannot seemed to be able to dl from the post above.. :)my heart's beating so fast!! 

Archived