Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

*** This drama will be shown on Netflix. Number of episodes available are three so far.  :lol:

"Memories of the Alhambra" Hyun Bin and Park Hoon's Shocking Story

photo1022206.jpg

A behind-the-scene cut of Hyun Bin and Park Hoon has been released.

tvN drama "Memories of the Alhambra" released several pictures on Instagram.

One of the pictures is of Hyun Bin touching what looks to be a dead Park Hoon's head.

Park Hoon's death was a shocker to the viewers.

With its far-out deployment, "Memories of the Alhambra" has spiked the curiosity of its viewers about the original story.

"Memories of the Alhambra" can be seen every Saturday and Sunday at 9PM on tvN.

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 3-9, 2018

dramaratings_2.jpg

Memories of the Alhambra, is still going strong.

Saturday, Dec. 8      
My Only Ally 49 KBS 26.2%
My Only Ally 50 KBS 30.8%
A Pledge to God 9 MBC 8.8%
A Pledge to God 10 MBC 9.7%
A Pledge to God 11 MBC 9.5%
A Pledge to God 12 MBC 10.1%
Fates and Furies 5 SBS 6.9%
Fates and Furies 6 SBS 9.0%
Fates and Furies 7 SBS 8.6%
Fates and Furies 8 SBS 9.3%
SKY Castle 6 JTBC 8.9%
Priest 5 OCN 1.9%
Memories of the Alhambra 3 tvN 7.0%
Sunday, Dec. 9      
My Only Ally 51 KBS 31.3%
My Only Ally 52 KBS 36.1%
My Healing Love 33 MBC 8.9%
My Healing Love 34 MBC 11.2%
My Healing Love 35 MBC 10.3%
My Healing Love 36 MBC 11.4%
Priest 6 OCN 2.3%
Memories of the Alhambra 4 tvN 8.2%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-3-9-2018/

• Like 1

*** I’m curious but still confused about the story of this drama. I do love HB so, I'm in for the ride. Well, let's put it this way that the style & genre of this drama is not just for everyone. But, I'm happy for HB that he's carrying hard this drama & keeps the ratings high so far. HB slays as an actor. He always pleases me with his outstanding performance. I can't see anyone else playing Yoo Yin Woo. The last EP was just so nerve-wrecking. It was really well-done. Good that it did go up. This drama is getting better with each EP. :lol:

3 Key Moments In Park Shin Hye & Hyun Bin’s “Memories Of The Alhambra” Episode 3

Locking the viewers to watching how the story unfolds seems to be the name of the game for Memories of the Alhambra

Continuing its mind-blowing premiere, third episode of Memories of the Alhambra picks up from the hero’s journey to acquire Hostel Bonita.

Back stories have also been revealed on how the heroine and her family ended up in Granada. Notably, it is the beguiling confrontation of the hero to his rival that ultimately takes away all the surprises.

MOAlhambra_Vertical-Romance_ENG_RGB20181

Brace yourself for exciting future adventures of Memories of the Alhambra as these three key moments from episode three unveil a gripping sojourn to be tackled by the hero of the story.

Spoiler

1. 10 billion won proposal

Finding out that the patent to the VR game is developed by genius programmer, Jung Se Joo (Chanyeol) sets to Hostel Bonita. Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) moves quickly to set a deal in motion.

He meets Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye), the owner of the hostel, and names 10 billion won as the price to acquire it. However, she has to make a decision right away or a billion will be deducted every 10 minutes if the agreement is left unsigned.

Pressed with time, she tries getting the opinion of her family members but to no avail. She also gets locked out inside the rest room. Luckily, Jin Woo checks on what’s taking her so long. He takes her to the hospital when she fainted while freeing herself from being locked inside the rest room.

With an offer she can’t refuse, Hee Joo accepts Jin Woo’s proposal to sell Hostel Bonita — unaware that their family’s rundown hostel holds the patent of the breakthrough VR game her brother created.

Jin Woo continuously discovers the amazing features of the game, like special effects, that is only present in the virtual world.

He also chances upon a game character based on Hee Joo’s forgotten dream of playing classical guitar.

Memories of the Alhambra
Memories of the Alhambra

2. Back stories

Happy on the unexpected blessing, Hee Joo rushes to deliver the news to her family. All those hardships she suffered to make the ends meet in the last 12 years are finally coming to an end.

Meanwhile, Cha Hyung Suk (Park Hoon) receives the news that Se Joo is missing. He confronts his wife (Jin Woo’s first wife) about her chance encounter with her ex-husband. He then receives a phone call from Jin Woo to meet up to settle the challenge he initially refused when he was just a beginner in the game.

Exchanging icy remarks, the two engage in a sword fight. The story reveals that physical contact while on a game would mean deduction to the player’s level. After a few sword wielding and alternate hits between them, Jin Woo kills Hyung Suk’s character in the game, and walks out to catch his flight back to Barcelona.

Memories of the Alhambra

(tvN)

3. The Unexpected Death

Hee Joo sends off Jin Woo since the latter fails to show up for the dinner she requested to thank him for buying the hostel.

Physically drained, he sleeps like a log upon arriving in Barcelona.

He wakes up and finds a few missed calls from his secretary. When he returns the call, he receives a shocking news — Hyung Suk was found dead sitting on a bench in the place where they last had an AR game duel.

Memories of the Alhambra

Memories of the Alhambra Episode 3 Afterthoughts

On its third serving, the thin line separating the game and reality kicked off the thrilling anticipation for Memories of the Alhambra. The series easily draws any viewer to zone in the two worlds being traversed by the hero.

At some point, Jin Woo feels like everyone’s avatar being cheered on as he explores the AR game along with how it is limned to connect to his own story.

Knowing to push and pull the cryptic and thrilling elements is a specialty of writer Song. So far, it is already evident in establishing where the narrative is going to. With director Ahn’s orchestration, I am honestly scared of how ambitious Memories of the Alhambra is, since it is so polished, surreal, and smartly written. If it falters, it will really break my heart, you see, so hopefully it will not.

I am already piqued on the mystery of how the game seems to be crossing the reality of the characters. If there will be a volunteer team to hunt down where Se Joo is, I am willing to become a tribute to do the job. *chuckles

Memories of the Alhambra is challenging the K-Drama landscape with how strong its goals are on the picture it is aiming to achieve. Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye are expected to make the inventive plot soar with conviction.

Opening a whole new world means the explanation of the supernatural roles. Let’s wait and see how Memories of the Alhambra takes on the challenge.

Memories of the Alhambra

source : Hellokpop

Spoiler

• Like 1

Watch: Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin Are Total Pros Behind-The-Scenes Of “Memories Of The Alhambra,” EXO’s Chanyeol Shoots First Scene With Hyun Bin

8f27a7d7037f44faa57626bb097b3126.jpeg?s=

In a new behind-the-scenes video for “Memories of the Alhambra” released on December 17, Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye film an emotional scene in the rain, and Hyun Bin meets EXO’s Chanyeol for their first scene together.

Hyun Bin and Park Hoon rehearse a sword fight, and Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin work out the mechanics of a hug.

Once the actors are ready to start filming, they start the rain. As Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye are waiting for the director to call action on an emotional scene, Park Shin Hye, who is already crying, has to wipe her tears several times before the scene begins.

Hyun Bin and EXO’s Chanyeol then meet for their first scene together. In order to get a one-take shot, Chanyeol has to quickly run and get into position laying on the ground as the camera pans.

Chanyeol does this several times, and chats with Hyun Bin in between takes.

Watch the behind-the-scenes video here : https://www.soompi.com/article/1279549wpp/watch-park-shin-hye-hyun-bin-total-pros-behind-scenes-memories-alhambra-exos-chanyeol-shoots-first-scene-hyun-bin

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 10-16, 2018

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Dec. 15      
My Only Ally 53 KBS 26.6%
My Only Ally 54 KBS 31.6%
A Pledge to God 13 MBC 10.2%
A Pledge to God 14 MBC 10.7%
A Pledge to God 15 MBC 12.7%
A Pledge to God 16 MBC 12.9%
Fates and Furies SBS
Fates and Furies SBS
Fates and Furies SBS
Fates and Furies SBS
SKY Castle 8 JTBC 9.5%
Priest 7 OCN 1.7%
Memories of the Alhambra 5 tvN 6.8%
Sunday, Dec. 16      
My Only Ally 55 KBS 32.1%
My Only Ally 56 KBS 36.2%
My Healing Love 37 MBC 9.2%
My Healing Love 38 MBC 11.3%
My Healing Love 39 MBC 11.1%
My Healing Love 40 MBC 11.9%
Priest 8 OCN 2.0%
Memories of the Alhambra 6 tvN 7.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-10-16-2018/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

17 K-Dramas To Convert Non-Interested Friends

One of the most frustrating things in the world is when you watch an amazing K-drama and want to talk about it to all of your friends, but you aren’t able to. A lot of us have been there. It’s tough. But then there’s that amazing moment where some of your friends will watch a specific K-drama that you recommended that will send them on a downward spiral into the world of K-dramas. It’s a glorious moment because we know they’ll be hooked and can share in our K-drama obsession together. For those of you who are trying to get your friends into this wonderful world of K-dramas, here are 17 shows that you can introduce to your friends. There’s obviously a lot of K-dramas out there, so it took a lot of hard thinking to narrow the list down, but here it goes!

For the friend who loves romantic comedies

Secret Garden

secret-garden.jpg

This classic series stars Hyun Bin as Kim Ju Won and Ha Ji Won as Gil Ra Im. Gil Ra Im is a stuntwoman who accidentally meets the CEO of a department store, Kim Ju Won. Although the two are repulsed by each other at first, they slowly start to fall in love with each other. The two find it difficult to be with each other because of their respective backgrounds, but they still fight to be with each other.

This series is good to introduce to your friends because it’s got so many different elements in it. It’s not only got the romantic comedy factor, but it’s also got a science fiction-y element of the two characters somehow switching bodies. Your friend is also bound to appreciate the corny but adorable scenes where Ju Won is trying to swoop Ra Im off her feet.

secret-garden.gif

Start watching “Secret Garden”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit ; soompi news

• Like 1

“Memories Of The Alhambra” Receives Unwanted Attention For Excessive Product Placement

898afadad3094dae9fa401f1e8cb6d07.jpeg?s=

tvN’s drama “Memories of the Alhambra” has become the talk of the town for its excessive amount of product placement.

In the latest episode of the drama, sparks began to fly between Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) and Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye) as they confirmed their feelings for each other with a kiss in the rain.

After the meeting, Jung Hee Joo returned home and headed to the bathroom to clean herself up, and this is when the series of product placement started.

Memories-of-the-Alhambra-1.jpg

Getting ready for her date with Yoo Jin Woo, Jung Hee Joo started taking out various makeup tools and accessories. This included shampoo, lipstick, and earrings, which were obviously placed and featured as a part of the embedded marketing.

Spoiler

Memories-of-the-Alhambra-2.jpg

This wasn’t the end as Yoo Jin Woo added onto the product placement by having a drink with the label showing, as well as making coffee with the exposed brand name.

Memories-of-the-Alhambra-3.jpg

Memories-of-the-Alhambra-4.jpg

After the end of the episode, the viewers’ comments on the excessive amount of product placement started flooding in. Some comments read, “Today’s episode consisted of 50 minutes of product placement and 10 minutes of actual story,” and “I managed to overlook the product placement thanks to Hyun Bin and his adorable dimples.”

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 31, 2018-Jan. 6, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Jan. 5      
My Only Ally 63 KBS 29.2%
My Only Ally 64 KBS 34.8%
A Pledge to God 21 MBC 11.8%
A Pledge to God 22 MBC 13.4%
A Pledge to God 23 MBC 13.5%
A Pledge to God 24 MBC 14.8%
Fates and Furies 17 SBS 5.3%
Fates and Furies 18 SBS 6.2%
Fates and Furies 19 SBS 7.2%
Fates and Furies 20 SBS 7.8%
SKY Castle 14 JTBC 15.8%
Priest 11 OCN 1.4%
Memories of the Alhambra 11 tvN 9.4%
Sunday, Jan. 6      
My Only Ally 65 KBS 32.4%
My Only Ally 66 KBS 37.7%
My Healing Love 45 MBC 9.3%
My Healing Love 46 MBC 12.8%
My Healing Love 47 MBC 13.1%
My Healing Love 48 MBC 13.6%
Priest 12 OCN 1.9%
Memories of the Alhambra 12 tvN 9.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-31-2018-jan-6-2019/

• Like 1

The 10 most-talked-about TV series this week

These were the 10 hottest South Korean drama series during the first week of this month, according to big-data analyst Good Data Corporation’s weekly monitoring report. 

20190109000249_0.jpg

Memories of the Alhambra, sci-fi

20190109000250_0.jpg
Memories of the Alhambra. (tvN)

The 16-episode sci-fi suspense drama featuring Hyun Bin and Park Shin-hye was the second most discussed last week. Billing itself as the first show to center on augmented reality games in Korea, “Memories of the Alhambra” is packed with sword fights and exotic Spanish scenery.

Hyun plays Yoo Jin-Woo, the CEO of an investment company, who travels to Granada after being contacted by an AR game developer about a groundbreaking project. Yoo’s business trip does not go as planned, however, and he gets entangled in a mysterious incident involving a fight with a friend-turned-rival.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 1

*** For me, there's nothing wrong & no problem when they're really dating since they're both single. I know HB is single but not sure about her, though. :o

Son Ye Jin’s And Hyun Bin’s Agencies Deny Rumors Of Them Traveling Together

a336c19e28ee4f549b559904bde60394.jpeg?s=

Updated January 10 KST:

Hyun Bin’s agency has also released a statement regarding rumors of the actor traveling with Son Ye Jin.

His agency shared, “Hyun Bin went to the United States for business and his personal schedule. It is not true that they are traveling together.”

Source (1)

Original Article:

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin have been swept up in dating rumors.

On January 9, a post on an online community claimed that the actors are currently traveling together in Los Angeles.

The post said, “The two are affectionately traveling together, and I spotted them eating together with her parents in the United States.”

In response, Son Ye Jin’s agency commented, “This online post is not true,” and explained, “Son Ye Jin is currently traveling alone. She usually enjoys traveling alone.

The agency added, “Son Ye Jin’s parents are also currently in Korea, so it does not even make sense that they ate together in the United States.”

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin previously co-starred in the 2018 film “The Negotiation.”

Source (1) / soompi news

Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin deny rumors of them traveling together in U.S.

15471081780002877224_001_201901101622289

[Image source: 'The Negotiation' press conference 

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were caught up in dating rumors when a post on an online community claimed to have seen the actors traveling together in Los Angeles. According to the post, 'The two are affectionately traveling together, and I even saw them having a meal with her parents.'

Son Ye Jin's agency denied the rumor stating, 'Son Ye Jin is traveling alone in the United States. She likes to travel alone. Son Ye Jin's parents are in Korea, so it doesn't make sense that they ate with them in the U.S.'

Hyun Bin's agency also denied the rumor saying, 'It is true that Hyun Bin is abroad on a schedule, but the rumor is completely false.'

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin co-starred in the film 'The Negotiation' last year.

credit : KBS Global

***  The Korean online community is buzzing that Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin are travelling in the US together, with her parents joining them. But, Son Ye Jin’s agency has shot down the rumour, saying that although she's currently vacationing in the US, she is travelling solo. Anyway, there is no photo evidence so I guess it is just a rumour. Wait & see.....................  Seeing is believing… :P

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are Rumoured to be Dating, Both Sides Deny Reports

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2019/01/10/hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin-are-rumored-to-be-dating-both-sides-deny-reports/

K-Drama Couch: Brilliant Writing Keeps Us Hook With “A Promise To The Gods” & “Memories Of The Alhambra”

PicsArt_12-26-12.10.22.png?resize=660,40

Nearing the last strides of the stories, the first batch of 2019 Korean Dramas has set an engaging tone to start the year right.

Continuously dominating numbers and online presences, the current roster of 2019 Korean Dramas has been parading a variety of stories with progressive plot and thrilling twists. Hence, it has provided a balanced following that can cover preferences of the fan bases.

The thrilling pursuits in Memories of the Alhambra, God’s Quiz Reboot and Children of Nobody have given us mini cardiac arrests on their impressive cliff-hangers.

Here’s our K-Drama weekly roundup from airing dramas covering December 31, 2018 to January 6, 2019.

Memories Of The Alhambra (Sat-Sun/tvN)

Memories of the Alhambra

(Screencapture from tvN)

Each episode of Memories of the Alhambra since premiere week is a thrilling ride. After receiving sporadic blows owing to the crazy world he lives in, Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) finally decides to stop his selfless sacrifice, ultimately giving the villain a dose of his dangerous fictional reality. Together with Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye), the two embark to accomplish an impossible goal in the riveting last two weeks of finding Se Joo.

Memories of the Alhambra Recaps: Ep11 & Ep12

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

• Like 2

'Memories Of The Alhambra' Actor Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin's Labels DenyRumors That The Two Are Dating

agencies-of-memories-of-the-alhambra-act

Hallyu stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are not having a vacation together in the United States. That is according to their respective agencies.

Rumors surfaced this week that the Memories Of The Alhambra actor and Something In The Rain actress are dating and allegedly having a couple vacation in California. A post online claimed that the two met up with Son's parents and dine together while on their vacation in Los Angeles.

"The two are affectionately traveling together, and I spotted them eating together with her parents in the United States," a post in an online community stated (via Soompi).

Hyun and Son's label, however, denied the reports. Hyun's agency VAST Entertainment confirmed that the actor is currently overseas for business and personal schedule. Son's label MSTeam Entertainment, on the other hand, denied the rumor and stressed that the actress traveled alone in the U.S. and her parents are also currently in Korea.

The two have been speculated to be dating after they worked together crime/mystery film The Negotiation last year. The Be With You actress has been linked in the past to Pandora actor Kim Nam Gil and her Something In The Rain co-star Jung Hae In.

As Hyun Bin, he had previously admitted a couple of romantic relationships. He and Song Hye Kyo were an item from 2009 until 2011.

In 2016, Hyun admitted that he is dating Kang Sora, who is eight years his junior. However, the couple split after almost a year of dating due to their busy schedules.

Meanwhile, Hyun Bin opened up about his dating life during an interview for their movie The Negotiation in September 2018. The Secret Garden actor said he has no time date at the moment because of his packed schedule.

At the time, Hyun is promoting The Negotiation which was released in theaters in September. After which, he started with the promotion of Rampant which premiered in cinemas in October. Then he started with the promotions of his K-drama Memories of the Alhambra.

The tvN romantic drama premiered on December 1. At one point, Hyun has been rumored as well to be dating his co-star Park Shin Hye. It remained as a rumor as it was assured that Shin Hye in a happy relationship with So I Married an Anti-fan actor Choi Tae Joon.

The two have been dating since late 2017.

source : Korea Portal

• Like 1