[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

Guest mijoo-pearl

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@semi-fly
well you know I am an unabashed Woominer from the first 25 episodes and will be until they crush me and I stop watching.  I just do not get the point of this episode if they are planning to get Somin and Siwan together on the show.  They have so many things to bring out and concentrate on; it is sad to waste an episode  and kiss; unless this is all the "Siwan and Somin" that will happen otherwise work on the real couple.  Also, I think it is time that Somin's liking of Kiwoo come out because it is long overdue and  I do not see the point of her liking Kiwoo if nothing happens with them.  It does not move her story along at all.  I am happy about the break with the current love triangle.  I think they wasted too many episodes trying to developing the boring relationship between Kiwoo/Soohyun.  `

\:D/

@semi-fly
I am okay with non-traditional happy but realistic endings for everyone.  I just don't want the couples I cannot get behind together.  I usually understand and am okay with every couple pairing I watch but not in Standby.  Oh well, like I said will watch until they crush me.

Guest kimbo39

Ki Woo finally directed his ire at the actual culprit for his vexing predicament- himself. Suk Jin and then Soo Hyun did KW a favor by pointing out his penchant for concealing his true feelings behind jokes and goofy antics. I can't help but think that losing his mother at an early age (especially being the younger one) played a significant role in engendering this defense mechanism. The truth surely stung, but it ended up being the impetus KW needed to show some real emotion. Though he became argumentative with SH, it was better that he showed some real passion at all than to continue the cool apathy that caused him to drop off SH's romantic RADAR.

Once again KW eschews/squanders a prime opportunity to seize the moment with SH, but it appears as if he is inching ever closer to finally divulging his heart to her unrestrained. I consider it progress that he is now questioning what it is exactly he is doing with SH these days.

Interesting end to the episode in which Suk Jin unflinchingly and recklessly stokes the smoldering conflict between him and KW into a full fledged conflagration. I'm interested in how others interpreted KW's walking past SH without even the slightest acknowledgment. I saw a steely-eyed determination and focus that blocked out his surroundings (which included SH). Or it could be that he was running so hot that had he stopped to talk to SH, he might have went completely off the rails, and thus he thought it better to ignore her.

I hope the writers keep running with this love triangle uninterrupted to finally bring it to some resolution.

I maybe wrong but I think he saw her and avoided her on purpose. To what end, I do not know and never do with standby.  Is this another fake critical turning point that  Kiwoo's character has every week, where everyone thinks he is going to make some grand revelation?  At this point, episode 90, my caring is at the whatever level about his revelation.  It appears that Standby is set on him having Soohyun no matter what, so the how to me really does not matter.  I will check in to see how they handle Somin's crush which at this point I don't see why they even wrote it into the story.  Happy viewing all!   

Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

스탠바이 (STANDBY) - OST PART 3
WAJnW8q9like634814019466624785.jpg
id="watch-headline-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; height: 1.1363em; max-height: 1.1363em; line-height: 1.1363em; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; "Kim Soo Hyun (김수현) - Come Tomorrow [stand-by OST]^ Click to listen on YouTube!I believe this song will be playing as the ending theme from now on (?).  

Guest kimbo39

Suk Jin finally got his long overdue catharsis as his true identity was revealed to Soo Hyun. When SJ heeded SH's heartfelt words to cease his fixation with others' judgments and to free himself from the shackles of public opinion, it reminded me of the famous quote from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," that the man may be the head but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants (paraphrased). Skulls don't get more impregnable than SJ's, yet SH was able to get him to "turn his neck," and realize that it wasn't worth obsessing over outside sentiments at the expense of simply being himself.

In a way I'm glad that SH found out that SJ initially pursued her to spite Ki Woo- SJ's bitterness and inability to let go were bound to catch up to him in a major manner, and now he really has to confront these issues. I wonder if SH caught on that SJ attempting to use her to get at KW means that KW indeed has more than sun bae-hoo bae feelings for her.

By the way, castigate KW all you want for his reluctance to take charge with Soo Hyun, but the man has a good heart.

I am glad that came out.  I am also happy that SH found out about the initial liking her since Sukjin's sincerity has been questioned.  However, I think his feelings for SH are geniune. 

I also think SH as a woman already knows that Kiwoo has feelings for her.  I am probably totally off base because it is standby but it seems like Soohyun's main thoughts today were around the revelation that Sukjin's feelings may not be geniune rather than Kiwoo's feelings.  Hinting that Kiwoo's feelings are not a revelation to her.  Again, I maybe wrong but Soohyun has gone back rather seamlessly to when she and Kiwoo were just friends and is perfectly happy with that set up.  Kiwoo is flustered by that idea and angry.  He is resisting and not being the accomodating Kiwoo he was before when he had all of her attention. However, I always thought that he was too accomodating to her and not entirely himself around her. One of my many problems with their relationship.  I have always thought that he was a good guy with a good heart. If I did not like him at all I would want him to be alone or killed off the show not with Somin because she does not deserve a bad guy.  My lack of rooting for Kiwoo/Soohyun is that their plot does not touch me.

I don't root for them to be together like I root for Sukjin to be that better man and let go of the past or how I root from him with Soohyun because he can't help but to listen to his heart and go after her.  Today, like Kimbo39 said all it took were words from Soohyun and all his bitterness about the past leaked of him.  Something that has hounded him most of his life can seems small when the woman you like tells you to let it go.  That touched me.  Sukjin cooking for her in his rooftop paradise, touched me.  What can I say, I am sucker for a man with potential.   

I did not like that she read Sukjin's emails just like I did not like that he deleted her message.  I think this twist makes her relationship with Sukjin more interesting. 

Archived