[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

@ &endeavor.

I already stated before that maybe this was not the original plan cause they could have let the adult play the teen as well... I guess it is a change of plan under pressure from KBS

BTW ratings are still 8% which is making the korean audience look bad since the equator man has been pronounced as the most solid show at the moment in terms of overall quality and yet it has the worst ratings

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jordi

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

3rd episode:

Nationwide: 8,1% (+/-0,0%)

Seoul: 8,5% (-0,2%)

TNS Media Korea

3rd episode:

Nationwide: 8,7% (+0,6%)

Seoul: 9,0% (-0,1%)

King 2Hearts leads - ratings AGB: 14,5% (Nationwide) / 17,1% (Seoul)

Rooftop Prince - ratings AGB: 11,2% (Nationwide) / 12,3% (Seoul)

Guest littlepig310

lol I am pretty scared at the adults making their entry tomorrow considering the short time jump ( only 2 years ) everybody will be 21! ... that is so challenging in particular to UTW ... so I guess I have to make believe

I didn't find any difficulty in this caused I want to see the adults actors ...sometimes watching drama needs some imaginations...!

I do find the drama attractive...all the supporting actors (all the fathers including second lead girl's father) , act really good and I enjoy watching their acting...I did not fast forward the drama as usually I will fast forward to see only the parts with Lee Jun Hyuk even in City Hunter, but this drama I am patient enough to watch the full epidsode...laugh.gif

Guest Iviih

Hello, about the teen's cast story being cut, yes, it did get cut, but it was decided before the drama aired...

I read this from dramabeans:

According to his reps, Baek had considered the role when it was supposed to take up the first four weeks (7 to 8 episodes), but once that got cut down to four episodes instead, he decided against it. Baek is starting to graduate to leading man material himself, so perhaps those potatoes be too small.

Read the entire article here.

I didn't find any difficulty in this caused I want to see the adults actors ...sometimes watching drama needs some imaginations...!

I do find the drama attractive...all the supporting actors (all the fathers including second lead girl's father) , act really good and I enjoy watching their acting...I did not fast forward the drama as usually I will fast forward to see only the parts with Lee Jun Hyuk even in City Hunter, but this drama I am patient enough to watch the full epidsode...*quoted image*

I'm with you! I DID NOT fast forward any part! I even did that to Rooftop Prince. In fact, I was working late last night, I missed the live streaming and the first show I downloaded when I got back was EM then RP. Hehehe. This is a solid drama. Script is well-written and acting execution is very convincing ( You're right about the supporting actors. They're as good as the lead actors). It has strong plot. Can't wait for the adults to make their appearance.

Guest dabdi

Maybe it can be one reason too, that there will be very hard scenes in the 5-6. episodes and they didn't want to risk it with the young actors (blindness, kiss scene).

Anyway I like all the kiss scenes with Uhm Tae Woong, he can do it very well. :wub:

it was not easy for Siwan to feel emotional in the sad scene but director skill and staff helped him.. one drama official said... I think he did al right over all but he still cant emote convincingly

777777777777o.jpg

2947l1333004752.jpg

dont u think LJH looks a bit too modern here for a young man from the 90s lol

OST part 1 /strings of fate by Yim Jae Bum

ep4 complete

Jang II walks away from the crime scene....he burns the documents...Sumi sees him and asks him if he saw Sunwoo... he answers confusingly no.....he erturns home and starts to have afterwards effects of the action getting cold and sick .... Sumi is knocking on Sunwoo door...Jang II takes the train ... sees the fat boy and they talk about Sunwoo I think.....Jang II feels sick again and weeps....Jang II dad comes come and sees the note from Jang II....he hears Sumi looking for Sunwoo and asking about Jang II ... he starts to get suspicious THAT HIS SON DID SOMETHING....meanwhile Sunwoo is on the shore he wakes up and faints again....Jang II gets drunk with his collage mates....he then drinks next to Jiwon...he hears something on the radio... he gets sick again...Jiwon tries to give him water but he pushes her away...he whines ( what is going on how could it go so wrong)... he faints... Jiwon wakes him up and he asks her to stay by his side...

they sit together and he sleeps... wakes up finding himself alone with Jiwon muffler around his neck... next day he thanks her

Sunwoo is found they take him to the hospital....the shaman go see him with Sumi...the shaman gets emotional and Sumi stops him from talking....the shaman sees Jang II dad coming to see Sunwoo.....he wanted to follow but Sumi stops him...I think the dad reports to the son ...Jang II starts to prepare how to act surprised when the police tells him the news...but he starts to panic...the door bell rings and he looks anxiously at the door...when he opens finds it is a delivery....he sits in the dark asking forgiveness from Sunwoo...Jang II taks to the unconscious Sunwoo....Sunwoo is having recollection of the past

he opens his eyes as an adult now to a dream scene of him eating and laughing with his dad....they talk and then he finds that his father disappeared he looks for him...he starts to show signs of waking up from coma....doctor comes to check on him...meanwhile we see the president has become even more successful... we see the man abroad as well... president hear some bad news makes him upset

next we see the adult Jang II receiving news about Sunwoo waking up from coma he looks stunned.....his father and the president know also

the shaman go visit him with Sumi.....they talk to him .. Sumi asks him if he can recognize her and mentions Jang II.. Sunwoo is still not fully awake

the president go to the hospital and looks at Sunwoo from outside the room...

Sumi tries talking to Sunwoo again...Sunwoo talks about his dad ...showing he is suffering from partial memory loss

Sunwoo starts to have violent convulsions as he dreams of the accident and keeps calling Jang II....Jang III watches scared from the door

Sunwoo wakes up again and can recognizes Sumi....he asks her what time it is...she tells him.. he asks her it should be night cause there is no light..

she tells him the light is there...Sunwoo cant see....the doctor examines his eyes

Jang II arrives at the hospital looking nervous..Sumi sees him.. asks him if he came to see Sunwoo

Sunwoo has been told that he became blind from the shock...he panics and starts screaming asking for lights to be on and stumbling...he runs in the hospital hallway ... Jang II looks on stunned...Sunwoo passes him then catches him from behind asking for help not recognizing him of course...Jang II IS SHOCKED and scared BUT DOES NOT SPEAK...Sunwoo keeps screaming

preview/ Sunwoo starts adapting to blindness .. meets Jiwoon

20120329133302818450471.jpg

2012033000075043.jpg

20120330000234408.jpg

Guest texashot

ep4

Jang II walks away from the crime scene....he burns the documents...Sumi sees him and asks him if he saw Sunwoo... he answers confusingly no.....he erturns home and starts to have afterwards effects of the action getting cold and sick .... Sumi is knocking on Sunwoo door...Jang II takes the train ... sees the fat boy and they talk about Sunwoo I think.....Jang II feels sick again and weeps....Jang II dad comes come and sees the note from Jang II....he hears Sumi looking for Sunwoo and asking about Jang II ... he starts to get suspicious THAT HIS SON DID SOMETHING....meanwhile Sunwoo is on the shore he wakes up and faints again....Jang II gets drunk with his collage mates....he then drinks next to Jiwon...he hears something on the radio... he gets sick again...Jiwon tries to give him water but he pushes her away...he whines ( what is going on how could it go so wrong)... he faints... Jiwon wakes him up and he asks her to stay by his side...

they sit together and he sleeps... wakes up finding himself alone with Jiwon muffler around his neck... next day he thanks her

Sunwoo is found they take him to the hospital....the shaman go see him with Sumi...the shaman gets emotional and Sumi stops him from talking....the shaman sees Jang II dad coming to see Sunwoo.....he wanted to follow but Sumi stops him...I think the dad reports to the son ...Jang II starts to prepare how to act surprised when the police tells him the news...but he starts to panic...the door bell rings and he looks anxiously at the door...when he opens finds it is a delivery....he sits in the dark asking forgiveness from Sunwoo...Jang II taks to the unconscious Sunwoo....Sunwoo is having recollection of the past

he opens his eyes as an adult now to a dream scene of him eating and laughing with his dad....they talk and then he finds that his father disappeared he looks for him...he starts to show signs of waking up from coma....doctor comes to check on him...meanwhile we see the president has become even more successful... we see the man abroad as well

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

thank you....thank you....is there no preview for next week?

thank you....thank you....is there no preview for next week?

the summary is not finished yet there is about 20 minutes left.. yes there is a preview shows LBY interacting with both men for the first time since she is the only adult who did not show up today

Uhm Tae Woong’s intense impact on ‘The Equator Man’

Actor Uhm Tae Woong of ‘The Equator Man’ made an impression on the viewers with the intensity of his great acting.

On March 29th, episode 4 of KBS 2TV drama ‘The Equator Man’ was presented. On the episode, Kim Sun Woo (played by Lee Hyun Woo/Uhm Tae Woong), barely regained consciousness back from the brink of death but has lost his sight.

Sun Woo had previously been hit in the head by Jang Il (played by Lim Siwan) who wanted to hide the guilt of his father Yong Bae (played by Lee Won Jong) and was seen falling into the seas sinking deeper into the waters. Sun Woo appeared would be dead but he barely made it out of the water and was luckily spotted by someone and eventually sent to the ER.

After years later, Sun Woo regained consciousness at the same time as he had a dream about his father. By this time, the role of Sun Woo was now played by Uhm Tae Woong switched out from Lee Hyun Woo. When he opened his eyes, Sun Woo felt the pain at his memory of Jang Il as he hit Sun Woo from behind.

Sun Woo fell asleep and when he woke up again, was in a state where he no longer remembered that his father had passed. As Soo Mi (played by Lim Jung Eun) asked how the accident occurred, Sun Woo said, “Don’t ask” as he it all brought pain to him. Sun Woo then told Soo Mi, “It’s dark. Turn on the light” and had Soo Mi confused. It turns out; Sun Woo had lost his sight from the accident. Sun Woo then was officially diagnosed by the doctor for his blindness.

Sun Woo fought back, “Are you kidding me? Says who? Turn on the light! It’s dark. I can’t see.” Uhm Tae Woong’s acting at the pain and suffering at the news of the loss of Sun Woo’s sight was amazing and the viewers are raving about him.

Netizen comments on Uhm Tae Woong’s amazing acting include: “His first appearance on the drama and it was intense”, “The return of Uhm force”, “Of course! It’s Uhm Tae Woong!”, “It gave me goose bumps”, “It feels so real”, and “Uhm Tae Woong’s acting is amazing with the blindness!”

uhmtaewoongtheequatorma.jpg

yes they were well done that actually they were hard to watch but next week things will go slower and quieter with some relationship stuff I guess

Guest jordi

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

4th episode:

Nationwide: 8,5% (+0,4%)

Seoul: 8,9% (+0,4%)

TNS Media Korea

4th episode:

Nationwide: 8,9% (+0,2%)

Seoul: 9,5% (+0,5%)

King 2Hearts leads - ratings AGB: 14,6% (Nationwide) / 18,3% (Seoul)

Rooftop Prince - ratings AGB: 11,4% (Nationwide) / 12,7% (Seoul)

Uhm Tae Woong’s intense impact on ‘The Equator Man’

Actor Uhm Tae Woong of ‘The Equator Man’ made an impression on the viewers with the intensity of his great acting.

Netizen comments on Uhm Tae Woong’s amazing acting include: “His first appearance on the drama and it was intense”, “The return of Uhm force”, “Of course! It’s Uhm Tae Woong!”, “It gave me goose bumps”, “It feels so real”, and “Uhm Tae Woong’s acting is amazing with the blindness!”

The reason why I'm watching a melo, while I'm not a fan of this genre is UTW. In every movie/drama he takes part, he's doing remarkable and unforgettable performance.  I haven't watched yet episodes 3 and 4, just read the spoilers here (Thanks again Tango and others) but I know for sure that my weekend gonna be full of excitement.

Thanks, jordi, for publishing the rating. I found it a bit strange, cause Korean people usually really LOVE melos. I perfectly aware to the huge competition with K2H and RTP, but I never thought that TEM won't even get to the top 20. weird.

Archived