[Drama 2012] Rooftop Prince 옥탑방 왕세자

iledrama

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest babyfaceyoochun

[TRANS] 120215 “Rooftop Prince” Writer Says, “The Reason Why We Wanted Yoochun To Appear? His Extraordinary Charm”

ncn.jpg

The screenplay writer of SBS drama “Rooftop Prince” which will begin its broadcast in March this year, Lee Hui Myung, has explained that the reason why Park Yoochun was selected as the male lead was his “extraordinary charm”.

Lee Hui Myung, who wrote several representative romantic comedies such as “Mr. Q” (1998), “tomato” (1999) and “Success Story of a Bright Girl” (2002), spoke about his thoughts and revelations prior to the broadcast of “Rooftop Prince.”

“Rooftop Prince” is about the crown prince of the chosun dynasty who loses his beloved princess then travels with his consorts 300 years into the future to the modern day to continue his unfinished romance, a fantasy-romantic comedy. It features Park Yoochun, Han Ji Min, Jung Yoo Mi and others.

In this drama, the scriptwriter said that reason why the main character was planned to be a crown prince was that “Disregarding reality, but from a drama point of view, relationships that transcend the differences between a man and a woman are the ones that receive the best response from the audience.  This is why you often see young CEOs with a chairman for a father, or a manager. So I thought, what would be of an even higher status than a CEO or someone with a chairman for a father, and I felt that using a king or crown prince would be possible.”

Aside from the characters, when talking about why he chose to use time travel as the setting, he said, “If a flower boy from the Chosun dynasty appeared in modern day Seoul, how would he be treated. Unlike the modern days, his character and manner would be more traditional, and if the guy who had come was not a handsome man, how would it be….it seemed to be really interesting to imagine these scenarios. “

With regards to Kim Min Jong and Song Yun Ah, who starred in “Mr. Q”, and Jang Nara, who starred in “Success Story of a Bright Girl” and became immensely popular, he said, “I never once thought that these actors became successful because of me. Instead, it is all thanks to their star factor and acting skills, as well as exceptional direction, that allowed my scripts to be a success.”

Talking about Park Yoochun, who  plays the crown prince and lead for the drama, he said, “As an actor, Park Yoochun has always been using a gentle image to define his role as an actor. As the Crown Prince Lee Gak, he has to be a character with exceptional charisma, and I think that Park Yoochun has that potential, and I am looking forward to it. Looking at this, if he does well, the drama will be successful, and I feel that Park Yoochun will also have chances to play other kinds of roles.”

“Rooftop Prince” which is a collaboration between screenplay writer Lee Hui Myung and director Shin Yoon Seob, will be aired after “Please take care of us, Captain” in March.

Source : [baiduTVXQ + Nocutnews via Nate]

Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

Guest wonnie17

it's getting nearer!!! a lot of pressure has been put to Yoochun and i hope he satisfies everyone! :) i have been a fan of him in SKKS and Miss Ripley. I am definitely looking forward to the drama! :)

The plot is very unique for me compared to the dramas nowadays.. maybe that's why a lot are expecting from the leads :)

Guest saladyum

^^ is that our Prince getting lost in the middle of modernity? Prince, would you want a guide guidance? heeeeee

i haven't watched any of this writer's series: Mr. Q., Tomato, Successful Story of Bright Girl. Just going by the article, he appears very well-grounded and likeable. Hoping he'll stay focused and his product will turn out as entertaining as he wishes. With an interesting plot along with all the young energy brought about by the cast, this drama has a lot of potential. i'm so looking forward to March!

Guest antinh85

^^ I hope Yoochun does not think too much about others comments because it seems like people are putting alot of pressure for him to do good in this. He's still very new to acting so i wish that everyone would not expect so much from the guy. He has the potential but he still needs to work on his craft like others through experience.

Anyways, i have faith in you Chunnie!

Guest wonnie17

i can just imagine chunface with all those pictures!!!

having that outfit in the modern world aaahhhhhhhh so many teasers!! march please come fast!!!! :)

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[NEWS] 120214 ‘The Moon Embracing The Sun’ Kim So Hyun confirms ‘Rooftop Prince’ “Park Yoochun illness”

Child actress Kim So Hyun has caught the singer-actor ‘Park Yoochun illness’.

Acting as the Crown Princess in MBC Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘The Moon Embracing The Sun’ and recently acting in SBS ‘Rooftop Prince’, news of Kim So Hyun catching the illness is becoming the topic of conversation.

On the 14th, Kim So Hyun tweeted ‘Haha. You still can’t look into my eyes? The first moment when I see you, bam! The prince whom I fell in love with! It’s the Crown Prince Park Yoochun. You knew that my birthday is the same as yours and you greeted me warmly first! I was really touched. From now on, my ideal guy will be the Crown Prince Park Yoochun!’, along with a photograph. Kim So Hyun and Park Yoochun’s birthdays fall on Jun. 6.

In the photograph, Kim So Hyun is wearing a Hanbok and smiling at the camera. The background of the photograph showed the drama setting.

Netizens left responses such as ‘A13-year old also fell completely for Park Yoochun’s charisma’, ‘Devilish man Park Yoochun’ and ‘Kim So Hyun child actress who specializes in the role of Crown Princess’.

Meanwhile, ‘Rooftop Prince’ is a fantasy romantic comedy in which a Joseon Crown Prince time-travelled 300 years to modern day Seoul. Park Yoochun, Han Ji Min, Lee Tae Sung, Jung Yoo Mi and others will be starring in the drama, slated to be broadcasted in mid-March.

Source: Nate

Translation by: Shermin of JYJ3

Shared by: JYJ3

518559785.gif

201202170816773078_1.jpg

Park Yoochun, the main character of SBS’s new drama ‘Rooftop Prince’ shook women’s hearts with his good looks.

On 15th, ‘Flower prince’ Park Yoochun, wearing royal robe, attended shooting for the credit title of ‘Rooftop Prince’ at the middle of Chungmuro, Seoul.

Although he seemed a bit awkward in the beginning, Park Yoochun wonderfully expressed the prince’s solemnity and embracement to the new environment with a director’s cue sign. Many people passing by noticed Park Yoochun, gathered up, and the place, soon, became a get-together of multinational fans.

Park Yoochun attended the long hours of outdoor shooting seriously and brightly. Also, he actively approached fellow actors and staffs and made energetic environment.

The staff stated that Park Yoochun “gets immersed into his character excellently even at difficult surroundings and he makes people around excited with his good manners.”

The cast of ‘Rooftop Prince’ includes Park Yoochun, Han Jimin, Lee Taesung, Jung Yoomi and etc. It will be first aired in middle of March.

Translator’s Note: Because this is a rough translation, there might be many grammatical and spelling mistakes. No infringement of copyright intended. Have a nice day icon_smile.gif?m=1317703663g

Source: Jang Changhwan / OSEN

Translation by: @dlwpdldhkdlwp

Shared by: JYJ3

im so excited for this drama...im still not sure w/ Hanjimin hehe but let;'s see how they'll do in the chemistry department

From people on the scene - the atmosphere between the cast and the crew is really good. There is a lot of laughing and joking around, and everyone is relaxed. They also said Yoochun and Han Jimin have really good chemistry ;). Well, this is all hear say for now, but the pics so far look very good.

Lol, I am such a sucker for romance stories :D

From people on the scene - the atmosphere between the cast and the crew is really good. There is a lot of laughing and joking around, and everyone is relaxed. They also said Yoochun and Han Jimin have really good chemistry ;). Well, this is all hear say for now, but the pics so far look very good.

Lol, I am such a sucker for romance stories :D

same here.haha i love romcoms the most.oh thats good to hear! i want to see and enjoy this drama so bad. His last drama "ripley" somehow disappointed me because of the plot and lack of chemistry but thats just me...

671f4973gw1dq57p98g84j.jpg

671f4973gw1dq57m139zij.jpg

Archived